D2007 Misses compile of main form of application

Hi all,

Not always, but enough time to notice and not like it, I see that D2007 will
complain that the project's main form could not be found.  Usually this is in
response to performing a quick compiled/syntax check.

Performing a full compile or build fixes the problem until the next time.

Anyone seen this behavior?

Thanks,

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee

> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote}
> Hi all,
>
> Not always, but enough time to notice and not like it, I see that D2007 will
> complain that the project's main form could not be found.  Usually this is in
> response to performing a quick compiled/syntax check.
>
> Performing a full compile or build fixes the problem until the next time.

Is there anything unusual about this project in terms of the directory structure or search paths?  Not being able to find the main form seems extreme.  I could understand it if it were a specific unit in a different location in the search path that it was choking on.  Do you use any compiler directives that include or exclude entire units?
0
Mike
8/11/2008 6:50:14 PM
Mike Williams wrote:
>> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote}
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Not always, but enough time to notice and not like it, I see that D2007 will
>> complain that the project's main form could not be found.  Usually this is in
>> response to performing a quick compiled/syntax check.
>>
>> Performing a full compile or build fixes the problem until the next time.
>
> Is there anything unusual about this project in terms of the directory structure or search paths?  Not being able to find the main form seems extreme.  I could understand it if it were a specific unit in a different location in the search path that it was choking on.  Do you use any compiler directives that include or exclude entire units?

Not that I know of.  I have the following directory structure.

|-- Main Folder (main form's .pas is here)

     |-- Common (Common units used between related projects.
     |-- BO (Business objects for this project.)
     |-- GUI (Well, GUI objects like forms)
     |-- Mediators (MGM, MVC object units, etc)

Its happened in a couple of other units as well.

Odd.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
8/11/2008 8:13:55 PM
> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote}

> |-- Main Folder (main form's .pas is here)
>      |-- Common (Common units used between related projects.
>      |-- BO (Business objects for this project.)
>      |-- GUI (Well, GUI objects like forms)
>      |-- Mediators (MGM, MVC object units, etc)

So the main form *.pas and *.dfm are in the main folder but all other forms are in the GUI folder?  In the DPR file do the other forms have the relative (or absolute) path stored?
0
Mike
8/11/2008 9:33:45 PM
Mike Williams wrote:
>> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote}
>
>> |-- Main Folder (main form's .pas is here)
>>      |-- Common (Common units used between related projects.
>>      |-- BO (Business objects for this project.)
>>      |-- GUI (Well, GUI objects like forms)
>>      |-- Mediators (MGM, MVC object units, etc)
>
> So the main form *.pas and *.dfm are in the main folder but all other forms are in the GUI folder?  In the DPR file do the other forms have the relative (or absolute) path stored?

Yep.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee
8/11/2008 9:38:58 PM
Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Mike Williams wrote:
> >> {quote:title=Lee Jenkins wrote:}{quote}
> >
> >> |-- Main Folder (main form's .pas is here)
> >>      |-- Common (Common units used between related projects.
> >>      |-- BO (Business objects for this project.)
> >>      |-- GUI (Well, GUI objects like forms)
> >>      |-- Mediators (MGM, MVC object units, etc)
> >
> > So the main form *.pas and *.dfm are in the main folder but all
> > other forms are in the GUI folder?  In the DPR file do the other
> > forms have the relative (or absolute) path stored?
>
> Yep.

If you look at the dpr file uses clause, do the unit entries have the
special comment after them that contains the form/dm name? If that is
missing the IDE is unable to figure out which unit contains which
form/dm.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

It would be nice to know what is causing it but hasn`t been worth the time
to me yet.

Cheers, Rob Crandall.

"Peter Below" <none@nomail.please> wrote in message

>> > So the main form *.pas and *.dfm are in the main folder but all
>> > other forms are in the GUI folder?  In the DPR file do the other
>> > forms have the relative (or absolute) path stored?
>>
>> Yep.
>
> If you look at the dpr file uses clause, do the unit entries have the
> special comment after them that contains the form/dm name? If that is
> missing the IDE is unable to figure out which unit contains which
> form/dm.
>
> --
> Peter Below (TeamB)
> Don't be a vampire (http://slash7.com/pages/vampires),
> use the newsgroup archives :
> http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
> http://groups.google.com
0
Robert

Web resources about - D2007 Misses compile of main form of application - embarcadero.delphi.ide

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush