Copy and Paste not working as expected in Delphi XE2

Hey guys,

This should be simple and I must be missing something: In Delphi's IDE, if I copy something (say "MyVar") and I paste it on a selected text (say "MyOldVar") then "MyVar" does not replace "MyOldVar"; instead, it is pasted right of it.

This must be a configuration issue but I can't seem to locate the switch or the command I need to hit to get Delphi to behave in the way I described: have the pasted text replace the selected text.

Your help, suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Naji

Naji wrote:

> In Delphi's IDE, if I copy something (say "MyVar") and I paste it on
> a selected text (say "MyOldVar") then "MyVar" does not replace
> "MyOldVar"; instead, it is pasted right of it.

I am not able to reproduce that in my XE2. "MyOldVar" is replaced with "MyVar",
as expected.

> This must be a configuration issue

There is no configuration for customizing the code editor's clipboard behavior.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks for the feedback. After I saw your reply I thought that, perhaps, this behavior is specific to Delphi. But I tried that copy / paste operation in psPad and it worked as expected. Unfortunately, it is not working in Delphi. Do you think it could be a bug?

Naji.

> Naji wrote:
>
> > In Delphi's IDE, if I copy something (say "MyVar") and I paste it on
> > a selected text (say "MyOldVar") then "MyVar" does not replace
> > "MyOldVar"; instead, it is pasted right of it.
>
> I am not able to reproduce that in my XE2. "MyOldVar" is replaced with "MyVar",
> as expected.
>
> > This must be a configuration issue
>
> There is no configuration for customizing the code editor's clipboard behavior.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Naji
9/13/2013 10:13:51 PM
In the options ->editor options
Tick overwrite blocks
1
karl
9/13/2013 10:30:40 PM
> {quote:title=karl pritchett wrote:}{quote}
> In the options ->editor options
> Tick overwrite blocks

Thanks Karl! That did it!

Naji
0
Naji

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 2010 IDE Block text copy/paste
Hi I have been searching which hot key let you cut and past a block of text (NOT A BLOCK OF LINE) I have found out painfully how to highlight it (aka select it) with <ctrl><Alt> <mouse down> but after ??? it is a very time saving feature actually fundamental but I was too blind to find it or it is not very well documented and the help being what it is.... any ideas ? Thank you PW "Philippe Watel" wrote in message news:236134@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hi > I have been searching which hot key let you cut and past a block of text > (NOT A BLOCK...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Web resources about - Copy and Paste not working as expected in Delphi XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Expected value - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In probability theory , the expected value (or expectation , mathematical expectation , EV , mean , or first moment ) refers, intuitively, to ...

Expected utility hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In economics , game theory , and decision theory the expected utility hypothesis is a theory of utility in which "betting preferences" of people ...

Facebook’s ad share expected to grow to more than 15 percent
... coupled with Facebook’s focus on mobile monetization is resulting in some dramatic gains for the company in the ad market. Facebook is expected ...

The iPhone 5 (Spoof): A Taller Change Than Expected - YouTube
Proving that size does matter. The feature upgrade you don't want to miss! Video Production by Cinesaurus [http://www.cinesaurus.com] Director/Writer: ...

Russians expected to top spending charts at Dubai Shopping Festival
... coupled with a safe environment and warm weather make Dubai an increasingly popular destination for Russians. DUBAI // Russians are again expected ...

Second super typhoon in a year expected to devastate Philippines city
One of the strongest typhoons of the year is barrelling towards a Philippines city still recovering from the devastation wrought by a similar ...

Tight Indonesian presidential election expected to attract record number of voters
A record turnout is expected in the Indonesian presidential election today as the race goes down to the wire between two starkly different candidates. ...

Tony Abbott expected to launch taskforce to investigate organised crime, union links
... Tony Abbott and Victorian Premier Denis Napthine will campaign together for the first time on Friday. Prime Minister Tony Abbott is expected ...

A $125 million residential development is expected to restore the Brisbane Skyneedle as a landmark
IT is a $125 million development that will restore the iconic World Expo 88, Skyneedle as a Brisbane landmark.

Intel Delivers Larger Dividend Hike Than Expected and 2016 Growth Outlook
... hiked its dividend again, you haven’t been reading 24/7 Wall St. long enough. Just this week we featured Intel as one of six companies expected ...