Componet installation does not work in Delphi 2010 - What am I doing wrong?

Hi,
I'm trying to install a very simple component ("MyButton") package into Delphi 2010, but when I put the component on my form and try to compile it, I get a path releated error:

*[DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'MyButton.dcu'*

If I make the exact same operation in Delphi 2007 it compiles without any errors and works like a charm. Both installations are new and no extra paths has been added to either of them.
What am I doing wrong and why does this not work in D2010 when it works in D2007?

Here are the steps* done  in order to create a the new "MyButton" component and get it installed onto the palette:
*Thanks to Steve Trefethen for a very nice component installation instruction found at:
http://www.stevetrefethen.com/blog/HowToInstallComponentsInTheDelphiIDE.aspx

 1. Start the IDE
 2. Select File|New|Package
 3. Select File|Save As "MyPackage" in "MyFolder" in my Documents
 4. Select View|Project Manager
 5. Right click the package node and select Options then be sure to fill in the Description for this package as it will be used in the Install Packages dialog
 6. Select Component|New VCL Component... which will display the New VCL Component Wizard
 7. Select TButton as the ancestor and click Next
 8. Rename the component to "MyButton", leave the rest as defaults and click Next
 9. Select "Add unit to MyPackage.bdsproj project"
10. Select View|Project Manager and right click MyPackage and select Install - everything is OK :-)
Then....
11. File|New|VCL Forms Application - Delphi (saving changes to MyPackage)
12. Place the newly created "MyButton" from the component palette on my Form
13. Project|Build Project1  => [DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'MyButton.dcu'

I know that I can probably add some path setting (???) to fix this issue, but if D2007 did not require this I figured that I might just as well ask you guys before starting to screw up my settings.
Hope someone can help!

Best regards
Leif Nielsen
0
Leif

Leif Nielsen wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to install a very simple component ("MyButton") package
> into Delphi 2010, but when I put the component on my form and try to
> compile it, I get a path releated error:
>
> *[DCC Fatal Error] Unit1.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'MyButton.dcu'*
>
> If I make the exact same operation in Delphi 2007 it compiles without
> any errors and works like a charm.

Looks like the location of the DCU is not on your library path.

You can specify where a DCU file should go in a project's options (in
this case your package project's options) , under the 'Delphi compiler'
node. The relevant field is 'unit output directory'. Note that you can
now have different settings for different build configurations, so best
set this for the "base" configuration.

I find it convenient to create a single folder for all DCUs that are
intended to be shared between projects (like those for any components
you may write or buy). This folder is specified as unit output
directory for the relevant projects and added to the IDE library path
in the Tools->Options dialog.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Installation Delphi 2010 trial is not working
When I started install_RADStudio.exe, and selected the first item (Install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010), after the first two bar-dialogs (verifying, preparing), nothing happend. What's wrong? selmeci istvan wrote: > When I started install_RADStudio.exe, and selected the first item > (Install Delphi and/or C++ Builder 2010), after the first two > bar-dialogs (verifying, preparing), nothing happend. What's wrong? Just be patient. The installation is big, and it may take some time before it starts showing signs of activity. -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http:...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

delphi 2010 IDE shows wrong line number in the message window
Hello when I open concrete projects the error insign mark with red incorrect areas of the screen. Also when I compile It error message are shown. but the line number displayed in the message window points to a wrong line in the code window. how do i correct this problem? Regards, Francis > {quote:title=Francisco J Ruiz Nu?ez wrote:}{quote} > Hello > when I open concrete projects the error insign mark with red incorrect areas of the screen. Also when I compile It error message are shown. but the line number displayed in the message window points to a wrong line in the code...

Modify a working Delphi XE4 installation does not work
Hello, i need to upgrade the intraweb component in Delphi XE4 to the official atozed license. The info from atozed is first to uninstall the bundled version. But when i start the installation wizard from XE4 and select modify, a message "serial number unvalid" appears and i can only stop with taskmanager. What can i do. Thanks Theo Ok, i found the solution myself. Here is how it goes: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43089 ...

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Web resources about - Componet installation does not work in Delphi 2010 - What am I doing wrong? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?