Component toolbar in Delphi XE4 missing tabs and components

I installed my custom components package in the RAD Studio XE4
"personality" (both Delphi and C++Builder). It seemed to work fine and
I could create a VCL test app for both Delphi and C++Builder with one
of the components dropped on a form.

But now I am investigating this further and I find that a lot of
components are missing.. :-(

I managed to get the components displayed as a tabbed ribbon across
the top similar to in Delphi7 by going to View/Toolbars/Components.
Then I could also drag it to a place on the screen where it could use
the full width of the IDE.

I then used the > button on the right to scroll through the tabs and
found one of my custom tabs there, but instead of holding 4 component
icons there was only a single one, the other 3 are missing!
In Delphi7 using a package containing the same components they all
show up.
And I have several different tabs in my custom package with other
special components and these tabs are completely missing!

Each component's source file has this style of method code:
{code}
procedure Register;
begin
  RegisterComponents('AGI', [TActiveButton]);
end;
{code}
There are different tab names and type names of course, but otherwise
they look the same. TActiveButton, which is a descendant of TButton is
not shown and I have a number of other modified VCL components too,
which also do not show up.
In fact most of my components do not show!

There should be a "Custom" tab with 8 components, the "AGI" tab with 4
components, an "External" tab with 4 components but they are all
missing!
I tried to use the search for one of the components (EasyListView) but
nothing was shown.

What have I done wrong?

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Did you check the Menu-Component-Install Packages screen if all packages are installed AND checked?
0
Robert
8/1/2013 7:02:52 AM
Am 01.08.2013 08:17, schrieb Bo Berglund:
> I then used the > button on the right to scroll through the tabs and
> found one of my custom tabs there, but instead of holding 4 component
> icons there was only a single one, the other 3 are missing!
> In Delphi7 using a package containing the same components they all
> show up.
> And I have several different tabs in my custom package with other
> special components and these tabs are completely missing!

The IDE shows only those components that are usable in the current form
or datamodule. You cannot drop a TEdit on a datamodule, so no TEdit is
shown.

The same is true when you switch from design to code view. You cannot
drop a component into a source file, so no components are visible when
you edit the source.

--
Uwe Raabe
Embarcadero MVP
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 00:14:40 -0700, Uwe Raabe <uwe@uweraabe.de> wrote:

>Am 01.08.2013 08:17, schrieb Bo Berglund:
>> I then used the > button on the right to scroll through the tabs and
>> found one of my custom tabs there, but instead of holding 4 component
>> icons there was only a single one, the other 3 are missing!
>> In Delphi7 using a package containing the same components they all
>> show up.
>> And I have several different tabs in my custom package with other
>> special components and these tabs are completely missing!
>
>The IDE shows only those components that are usable in the current form
>or datamodule. You cannot drop a TEdit on a datamodule, so no TEdit is
>shown.
>
>The same is true when you switch from design to code view. You cannot
>drop a component into a source file, so no components are visible when
>you edit the source.

I think you have missed the point....

When I create a new VCL application the first thing that is shown is
the form designer. At this moment I now have components in two places,
the across the screen toolbar similar to what was used in Delphi7 for
example AND now the bottom right corner pane shows a list of groups of
components which mirrors the tabs on the toolbar.

In this list and on the toolbar I find only a single one of the
components contained in my package (the Safenet Sentinel dongle
handler), all other visual and other components are non-existent as
are the tabs where they should be installed.
So I have a single one of my score of custom components available.
And if I use the search function it does not locate any of the missing
components or groups (tabs) either!

The problem is not of visibility depending on context (form designer
must be selected in order to show components), instead it is that
almost all of the components in my package are missing but there was
no indication of this when I built and installed the package in RAD
Studio.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
> >drop a component into a source file, so no components are visible when
> >you edit the source.
>
> I think you have missed the point....
>
> When I create a new VCL application the first thing that is shown is
> the form designer. At this moment I now have components in two places,
> the across the screen toolbar similar to what was used in Delphi7 for
> example AND now the bottom right corner pane shows a list of groups of
> components which mirrors the tabs on the toolbar.
>
> In this list and on the toolbar I find only a single one of the
> components contained in my package (the Safenet Sentinel dongle
> handler), all other visual and other components are non-existent as
> are the tabs where they should be installed.
> So I have a single one of my score of custom components available.
> And if I use the search function it does not locate any of the missing
> components or groups (tabs) either!
>
> The problem is not of visibility depending on context (form designer
> must be selected in order to show components), instead it is that
> almost all of the components in my package are missing but there was
> no indication of this when I built and installed the package in RAD
> Studio.
>
> --
>
> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden

If you go to Component, Install Components, are you packages showing and are they checked for use?

Edited by: Andy Vines on Aug 1, 2013 2:52 AM
0
Andy
8/1/2013 9:53:25 AM
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 02:53:25 -0700, Andy Vines <> wrote:
>If you go to Component, Install Components, are you packages showing and are they checked for use?

No, I have only one package created but it does not show up in the
list and yet the single component is available....
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
<bo.berglund@nospam.com> wrote:

>What have I done wrong?

Well, it turns out that while experimenting with XE4 component
installation for dual Delphi and C++ usage I had created a new package
file and added only one of the many components I need to install.
So no wonder there is only one shown....
(bang head hard!)

However, even though I created this using the Wizard and set it to be
installed into a named package, this package was not created with the
name in the list of packages. So it was very hard to find....

Now I have added in all of the components I wanted to use and then I
had to remove 4 because I could not get them past the compiler for
various reasons. Since I do need them I have to come back for advice
on what went wrong and how to solve it.

But I fixed one problem in a few of the components which use the
global DecimalSeparator variable and this apparently has been removed
and instead FormatSettings.DecimalSeparator should be used.
Making that change causes the build to succeeed, but now I have a
problem because we use Delphi7, BDS2006 and Delphi2007 too and in at
least Delphi7 the FormatSettings variable is not defined...

So how can I modify the component source such that it will work for
the earlier versions too???
Is there a conditional I can use to detect the compiler version when
this switch was made???

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
Bo wrote:

> I have a problem because we use Delphi7, BDS2006 and Delphi2007
> too and in at least Delphi7 the FormatSettings variable is not defined...

The TFormatSettings record itself and associated function overloads were
introduced in Delphi 7.  The global FormatSettings variable was not introduced
until Delphi XE, however it is no more thread-safe than the original global
variables, so you shouldn't be using it anyway.  What you are supposed to
do is create a local TFormatSettings variable and use that when needed.
Since you need to support older versions, you will have to IFDEF the relevant
sections of code.  The {$IF} directive an the RTLVersion constant where introduced
in Delphi 6, so you should be fine using them, eg:

{code:delphi}

// D7: RTLVersion = 15.0
// XE: RTLVersion = 22.0

{$IFDEF CONDITIONALEXPRESSIONS}
  {$IF RTLVersion >= 15.0}
    {$DEFINE HAS_TFormatSettings}
  {$IFEND}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
procedure InitFormatSettings(var Fmt: TFormatSettings);
begin
  {$IF RTLVersion >= 22.0}
  Fmt := TFormatSettings.Create;
  {$ELSE}
  GetLocaleFormatSettings(GetThreadLocale, Fmt);
  {$IFEND}
end;
{$ENDIF}

var
  {$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
  Fmt: TFormatSettings;
  {$ELSE}
  PrevDecSep: Char;
  {$ENDIF}
begin
  {$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
  InitFormatSettings(Fmt);
  {$ELSE}
  PrevDecSep := DecimalSeparator;
  {$IFEND}

  {$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}Fmt.{$ENDIF}DecimalSeparator := ...;

  SomeFormattingFunction(...{$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}, Fmt{$ENDIF});

  {$IFNDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
  DecimalSeparator := PrevDecSep;
  {$IFEND}
end;
{code}

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
<no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:

>Bo wrote:
>
>> I have a problem because we use Delphi7, BDS2006 and Delphi2007
>> too and in at least Delphi7 the FormatSettings variable is not defined...
>
>The TFormatSettings record itself and associated function overloads were
>introduced in Delphi 7.  The global FormatSettings variable was not introduced
>until Delphi XE, however it is no more thread-safe than the original global
>variables, so you shouldn't be using it anyway.  What you are supposed to
>do is create a local TFormatSettings variable and use that when needed.
>Since you need to support older versions, you will have to IFDEF the relevant
>sections of code.  The {$IF} directive an the RTLVersion constant where introduced
>in Delphi 6, so you should be fine using them, eg:
>
>{code:delphi}
>
>// D7: RTLVersion = 15.0
>// XE: RTLVersion = 22.0
>
>{$IFDEF CONDITIONALEXPRESSIONS}
>  {$IF RTLVersion >= 15.0}
>    {$DEFINE HAS_TFormatSettings}
>  {$IFEND}
>{$ENDIF}
>
>{$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
>procedure InitFormatSettings(var Fmt: TFormatSettings);
>begin
>  {$IF RTLVersion >= 22.0}
>  Fmt := TFormatSettings.Create;
>  {$ELSE}
>  GetLocaleFormatSettings(GetThreadLocale, Fmt);
>  {$IFEND}
>end;
>{$ENDIF}

>var
>  {$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
>  Fmt: TFormatSettings;
>  {$ELSE}
>  PrevDecSep: Char;
>  {$ENDIF}
>begin
>  {$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
>  InitFormatSettings(Fmt);
>  {$ELSE}
>  PrevDecSep := DecimalSeparator;
>  {$IFEND}
>
>  {$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}Fmt.{$ENDIF}DecimalSeparator := ...;
>
>  SomeFormattingFunction(...{$IFDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}, Fmt{$ENDIF});
>
>  {$IFNDEF HAS_TFormatSettings}
>  DecimalSeparator := PrevDecSep;
>  {$IFEND}
>end;
>{code}
Thanks Remy!
The components where this is used were created by the developer as
descendants of a couple of VCL components where he handles numeric
input and has to make sure the decimal separators in files are set as
period even though in many countries (including Sweden) it is a comma.
I don't like the way he has done this but the components are used in
the 4 big applications he has written and I have to maintain and the
simplest way is to "fix" the components such that they work and then
forget about it.

But there are also a bunch of formatting functions in a few support
units used by many applications to write floating point data in files
while ensuring that the decimal separator remains as period no matter
what locale the programs run in.
Example:
{code}
function FormatFloatUS(sFmt: string; Val: double): string;
var
  cDec: char;
begin
  cDec := DecimalSeparator;
  DecimalSeparator := '.';
  Result := '';
  try
    Result := FormatFloat(sFmt,Val);
  finally
    DecimalSeparator := cDec;
  end;
end;
{code}
Here the DecimalSeparator is manipulated so the output will contain a
period rather than a comma.
There are other similar such examples....

So by using your suggestion for the solution I can go ahead and make
changes in the conversion units.
I guess I could put the InitFormatSettings call with $IFDEF:s into the
initialization section of the conversion unit and then insert the Fmt
parameter into all formatting calls from there? (With a local Fmt
variable, that is)

Seems like a fair amount of work ahead to XE4-ify the code. Just
started with the components to make it possible to later load the
actual projects and "have fun" making them compile in XE4.
Has to be done though...
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden
Bo wrote:

> {code}
> function FormatFloatUS(sFmt: string; Val: double): string;
> var
> cDec: char;
> begin
> cDec := DecimalSeparator;
> DecimalSeparator := '.';
> Result := '';
> try
> Result := FormatFloat(sFmt,Val);
> finally
> DecimalSeparator := cDec;
> end;
> end;
> {code}

That is a classic use of why the global variables are not thread-safe.  Imagine
what would happen if multiple threads tried to use DecimalSeparator at the
same time, where one thread is expecting comma and the other other thread
is expecting period instead.  That is why TFormatSettings was created in
the first place, so threads would not have to trample on each other anymore.

The updated thread-safe version would look like this:

{code}
function FormatFloatUS(sFmt: string; Val: double): string;
var
  Fs: TFormatSettings;
begin
  {$IF RTLVersion >= 22.0}
  Fs := TFormatSettings.Create;
  {$ELSE}
  GetLocaleFormatSettings(GetThreadLocale, Fs);
  {$IFEND}
  Fs.DecimalSeparator := '.';
  Result := FormatFloat(sFmt, Val, Fs);
end;
{code}

> I guess I could put the InitFormatSettings call with $IFDEF:s into
> the initialization section of the conversion unit

No, do not put the InitFormatSettings() call into the unit's initialization.
 It would need to be called every time a new format/conversion operation
is performed, as it initializes the TFormatSettings with default settings,
whih you would then overwrite afterwards, as shown above.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
On 02.08.2013 00:45, Bo Berglund wrote:

> So by using your suggestion for the solution I can go ahead and make
> changes in the conversion units.
> I guess I could put the InitFormatSettings call with $IFDEF:s into the
> initialization section of the conversion unit and then insert the Fmt
> parameter into all formatting calls from there? (With a local Fmt
> variable, that is)
>
> Seems like a fair amount of work ahead to XE4-ify the code. Just
> started with the components to make it possible to later load the
> actual projects and "have fun" making them compile in XE4.
> Has to be done though...
> --
>
> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden

The threadsafe variety of tFormatSettings has been around all the time,
so if you change to use that, it will be compilable in all versions
without the use of ifdefs.
--
Delphi programmer at Dep.of Nutrition research, Faculty of Medicine,
University of Oslo, Norway
<no.spam@no.spam.com> wrote:

>Bo wrote:
>That is a classic use of why the global variables are not thread-safe.  Imagine
>what would happen if multiple threads tried to use DecimalSeparator at the
>same time, where one thread is expecting comma and the other other thread
>is expecting period instead.  That is why TFormatSettings was created in
>the first place, so threads would not have to trample on each other anymore.
 Got you! :-)

>The updated thread-safe version would look like this:
>
>{code}
>function FormatFloatUS(sFmt: string; Val: double): string;
>var
>  Fs: TFormatSettings;
>begin
>  {$IF RTLVersion >= 22.0}
>  Fs := TFormatSettings.Create;
>  {$ELSE}
>  GetLocaleFormatSettings(GetThreadLocale, Fs);
>  {$IFEND}
>  Fs.DecimalSeparator := '.';
>  Result := FormatFloat(sFmt, Val, Fs);
>end;
>{code}
>
>> I guess I could put the InitFormatSettings call with $IFDEF:s into
>> the initialization section of the conversion unit
>
>No, do not put the InitFormatSettings() call into the unit's initialization.
> It would need to be called every time a new format/conversion operation
>is performed, as it initializes the TFormatSettings with default settings,
>whih you would then overwrite afterwards, as shown above.

Since there is no other use for us of the DecimalSeparator than
switching between comma and period in these functions, could we not
just create two global TFormatSettings variables FmtPoint and
FmtComma, initialize each to the current locale and then set
DecimalSeparator on each to period and comma?
Then we could use the proper one in our formatting functions rather
than re-creating the object each time the function is called.
I think there are places where about a million or so values are
treated to create an ASCII output file with the proper decimal
(period).
But of course we need to find the proper place to initialize them at
the start of our application, that is why I suggested the
initialization section of the unit where they are used.
{code}
unit CommonFuncs;
interface
implementation
var
FmtPoint, FmtComma: TFormatSettings;
function FormatFloatUS(sFmt: string; Val: double): string;
begin
  Result := ''; //Default response is a blank string
  try
    Result := FormatFloat(sFmt,Val,FmtPoint);
  except
    //Just to stop any exception from propagating
  end;
end;
initialization
  FmtPoint := TFormatSettings.Create;
  FmtComma := TFormatSettings.Create;
  GetLocaleFormatSettings(GetThreadLocale, FmtPoint);
  GetLocaleFormatSettings(GetThreadLocale, FmtComma);
  FmtComma.DecimalSeparator := ',';
  FmtPoint.DecimalSeparator := '.';
end.
{code}
This would make sure the variables are local to the unit and
initialized with proper values at start of execution and the calls
would use this setting always thus ensuring that it would work.
We will never modify the properties of the variables anywhere in the
code except in the initialization section.

Should work, or not?

And as the TFormatSettings type was present in Delphi7, wich is the
earliest version we will ever use for any of the programs, I should
not need to use the conditionals either, I think.
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

How to create components in Delphi XE4 usable also in BCB XE4
I just got my upgrade from BDS2006 to RAD Studio XE4 and now I have to embark on making adjustments to the component set we have used in our applications. We have both Delphi and BCB applications and they use common components (some of them) developed all in Delphi. The most difficult one may be the Safenet Sentinel SuperPro dongle handler which I packaged into a Delphi component long ago and which we have used both from Delphi and C++ Builder (BDS2006). What needs to be done in order to use these components seamlessly in XE4 for both C++ and Delphi? I also want to be able to compile for 64 bit, which was not possible before. -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden "Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund@nospam.com> wrote in message news:600117@forums.embarcadero.com... >I just got my upgrade from BDS2006 to RAD Studio XE4 and now I have to > embark on making adjustments to the component set we have used in our > applications. We have both Delphi and BCB applications and they use > common components (some of them) developed all in Delphi. > The most difficult one may be the Safenet Sentinel SuperPro dongle > handler which I packaged into a Delphi component long ago and which we > have used both from Delphi and C++ Builder (BDS2006). > > What needs to be done in order to use these components seamlessly in > XE4 for both C++ and Delphi? > I also want to be able to compile for 64 bit, which was not possible > b...

Delphi Dbase components for XE4
Are there any Delphi components available that can be used to replace the Delphi BDE Dbase functionality? I am looking for something like the DBISAM VCL components that have corresponding replacements for the BDE TTable and TQuery components but for use with Dbase. I am currently using the TDbf freeware component but the source code has not been updated for Delphi XE4. I would like to be able to compile the Dbase access functionality directly into any Delphi XE4 application. Pier The best BDE replacement I found is FireDAC. (Now part of the Delphi suite) It depends on your D...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. Please, contact FastReports company regarding FireDAC / FastRepor...

Database Query and other components inside complex Delphi component
Hi! I am trying to develop Delphi DB component for displaying and editing customer data. Many tables (like, carts) in my database references customer using foreign key (like carts.fk_customer) and users want to see a lot of data about customer in diferent forms. So - I am planning to make the component (apparently - derived from TPanel) with the usual properties - DataSource, DataField (for FK_CUSTOMER) and this component should process the changes of its data field (usually fk_customer) by reading addional d ata from the query (component has DataSource property, so, this is possible to fi...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. First of all, FastReports has a propensity to uninstall itself. S...

Building 64bit Delphi Component in XE4
Does anyone know how to build a 64bit Delphi component in XE4 using just the C++ Builder personality? I opened a delphi component library in XE4 and it shows the 32bit target, and I can build it. However, there is no 64bit target, just 32bit and OS X. The 64bit add option is totally missing. I realize that the IDE just uses 32 bit for its processing, but I need to be able to build the corresponding run-time BPL in 64bit code. It is possible that the target will come from the vendor, but this does not solve the issue of open software (such as Abbrevia). Hello Michael, > Does anyon...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Hide the component toolbar in Delphi 2010
Anyone know how to permanently hide the component toolbar in Delphi 2010? Everytime I start the IDE the toolbar displays no matter how I've closed it or configured my speedsetting. Bruce Houlihan wrote: > Anyone know how to permanently hide the component toolbar in Delphi 2010? Everytime I start the IDE the toolbar displays no matter how I've closed it or configured my speedsetting. I struggle with that one too. I never missed the old component palette in D2005 -- and I certainly don't want it taking up memory and real estate in my D2010 setup! For awhile I tried ge...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

Where do I find the component of a package in BDS2006(Delphi) IDE?
I have installed a graphics package (VTK) in BDS2006 C++ personality. It can be used in C++ projects, but now I am dealing with a Delphi project... When I start the Delphi32 personality and move to the Components->Install page I can see this package listed and checked and if I use the components button I see the TvtkBorlandRenderWindow component (this is the single component of this package). So far all is OK, but now I want to drop this component on a Delphi form but I cannot find it in the components list... According to the vtkBorlandRenderWindow.cpp file it should be regis...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi XE2 is missing TDirectoryListbox and TDriveComboBox components? [Edit]
My Delphi XE2 is completely missing the Win 3.1 tab with all its components? Is this correct?? I have projects that use the TDirectoryListbox, TDriveComboBox and TFileListBox. Is my Delphi XE2 installation corrupt?? Thank you in advance for any advice. Edited by: Wouter Oosthuizen on Oct 7, 2011 6:54 AM Edited by: Wouter Oosthuizen on Oct 7, 2011 7:12 AM No need to reply. It seems that I had a corrupt installation. I performed a Repair and now my XE2 has the Win 3.1 tab and components. Thank you. ...

OfficeXP Automation
Hello, we had used the OfficeXP Automation Components in older Delphi Version. We uses for example the TItem Component, but in Delphi XE2 I don't find this (and other components) and so I'm not able to open or compile the project. The component List of the Office XP Automation Server was in Delphi XE much larger. What can I do to solve this problem? Best wishes Bernhard Edited by: Registered User on May 10, 2012 6:14 AM > What can I do to solve this problem? What if you install the Office 2000 packages instead of Office XP? (menu-component-install packages : uncheck Off...

No DoPaint is available for components in Firemoneky in Delphi XE4 [Edit]
Hello everybody, I need to migrate my XE3 Firemonkey code to XE4 Firemonkey . in XE3 i have used DoPaint for TListBox, TLabel and TPanel to apply changes in their widht and height. When i compiled my code in XE4, i was unable to find "DoPaint". Please let me know if anybody has faced the same issue and if there is any another method available or not ? or if there any workaround for this. Regards, Padam Edited by: Padam Jain on Aug 19, 2013 10:45 PM Padam Jain wrote: > in XE3 i have used DoPaint for TListBox, TLabel and TPanel to apply changes in their widht an...

New with XE4. Can you recommend a sizing component for this Delphi?
Hi there, I am upgrading to Delphi XE4 and need a sizing component, any recommendations? Thanks, Jorge Jorge wrote: > I am upgrading to Delphi XE4 and need a sizing component, > any recommendations? What is a "sizing component"? You need to be more specific. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) In Delphi 7, I added GTsizer component so that my forms expand to fit any screen. Now with Delphi EX4, is there a recommended component to add? Also, I am getting Chinese characters in my Memo component when I use memo.lines.LoadFromFile(myfile). myfile is a textfile type. Any ...

ANN: Bricksoft IM VCL Component v8.2 released. All components support Delphi 2009!
All components support Delphi 2009! Please download the trial version(http://www.imcomponents.com/bsimtrial.zip) if you like. -- Bricksoft Support Bricksoft IM(MSN+YAHOO+AIM+ICQ+Jabber/GTalk) SDK For NET/VCL/COM/SOAP - http://www.imcomponents.com/ "Jianmin Wu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:72535@forums.codegear.com... > All components support Delphi 2009! with D2009 support, do you still require TNT controls for unicode ? Also do you have any plans to support emoticons ? Regards, Danny Component and demo for D2009 don't need TNT cont...

Trouble importing Active X component into Delphi XE4 [Edit]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_993bb.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" I'm trying to import VLC ActiveX (axvlc.dll) into Delphi XE4 but XE4 is spewing a bunch of errors. Here are the errors: {code} [501B4718]{rtl180.bpl } System.Win.ComObj.OleError (Line 1464, "System.Win.ComObj.pas" + 1) + $11 [215281B7]{tlib180.bpl } TlbUtils.LoadTypeLibrary (Line 406, "TlbUtils.pas" + 11) + $2 [2153D64B]{tlib180.bpl ...

Delphi XE5: Missing Propery Editors sources For Firedac Components
I'm developing in Delphi XE5 Enterprise edition. I'm looking for Firedac's Components Editors source file in source/Property Editors folder and i'm not able to find them. Component Editor is an object that usually extends TComponentEditor. Do you confirm that Embarcadero has not release the source code for Firedac's Components Editors in Delphi XE5? Hello Federico Most design time property editors and several component editors source files are not delivered. But several "major" component editors source files are delivered: * FireDAC.VCLUI.ConnEdit.pas - TF...

Delphi XE4,XE5 100% Native iOS Components [Edit]
Delphi XE4,XE5 100% Native iOS Components http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpfdelphiios/ > {quote:title=Babak Yaghoobi wrote:}{quote} > Delphi XE4 100% Native iOS Components > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpfdelphiios/ Great work! Thanks for sharing this with us! > {quote:title=Babak Yaghoobi wrote:}{quote} > Delphi XE4,XE5 100% Native iOS Components > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpfdelphiios/ If only Embarcadero would include native components as well. I'd love a supported release as opposed to a community release that may simply e...

12.1.20 how to build using latest TMS components & TMS html5 components in Delphi 2010
There are some installation issues that can be easily worked around.... 1) missing iw12tmsd2010se.groupproj from latest tms pro script edition release 2) missing iw12tmsded2010.dproj/dpk just take iw11 version , rename , change all iw11 refs to iw12 , and 110_140 to 120_140 3) iw12tmsxlsd2010.dpk and iw12tmsxlsd2009.dpk require IW11tmsgridd20** bpls edit .dpk to fix 4) iwtmsbase,iwtmscalulatinglabel,wisidenavbar,iwexchangebar,iwadvselector ..pas files use system.UITYPES This is not a delphi 2010 unit. removed and all refs built... 5) IW html5base uses system.UI...

ANN: TBMDThread component set with Delphi XE4, XE5, and XE6 support.
Dear Delphi developers, The TBMDThread is a open source Delphi version of the TBMThread component set. This is an update adding XE4, XE5, and XE6 support. You can download it from here: http://www.mitov.com/free_downloads Do you need to write a multithreaded applications? Are you annoyed of writing lines and lines of code for threads synchronization and CriticalSections for data protection? Would you believe that the thread is just a click away? Well here it is, the TBMDThread is a native VCL component implementing everything you do need to create the thread and the synchronization, just dropping the component on the form. Sounds great, right? And it’s not all. Here is the Thread group now. Just set couple of threads to point to one and the same group and you can control and monitor all of them. With best regards, Boian Mitov ------------------------------------------------------- Mitov Software www.mitov.com ------------------------------------------------------- Dear Boian, Could you also update your "TBMDSpinEdit" ? :) Best regards, Jiaguo "Boian Mitov" has written news:675276@forums.embarcadero.com... Dear Delphi developers, The TBMDThread is a open source Delphi version of the TBMThread component set. This is an update adding XE4, XE5, and XE6 support. You can download it from here: http://www.mitov.com/free_downloads Do you need to write a multithreaded applications? Are you annoyed of wri...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Web resources about - Component toolbar in Delphi XE4 missing tabs and components - embarcadero.delphi.ide

DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb
DPRK may have tested components of hydrogen bomb

Waterproof components listed for Galaxy S7 on import tracking site
... at least water-resistant – rumors are starting to look increasingly solid. Import tracking site Zauba has revealed several “waterproof” components ...

Minecraft: Pocket Edition receives a new update with additional Redstone components
... fare like elevators. It definitely opens up the possibilities in the already multi-faceted game. The update adds other Redstone components ...

The hidden story of one of the iPhone’s most important components
... it’s probably the software and the ecosystem around it that stand out. But to make all this software magic possible possible, there’s one component ...

A fundamental component of the 'Making a Murderer' mystery relies on a single test — here’s what we know ...
The moment viewers think the tide could change in the trial of Steven Avery comes with the discovery of a hole in a tube. Avery, the subject ...

Auto Expo 2016 - The Motor Show & Components, Delhi,India - Business Standard
Get latest Cars, bikes, auto vehicle launches and News on The Motor & Components Show from Auto Expo 2016. Get exclusive updates for car, bike ...

There's more to Lent than fasting: a look at the 3 components of Lenten observance
If you only paid attention to the mainstream media, you would be forgiven for thinking that Lent is all about fasting in response to Jesus' temptation ...

Iran exports heavy water, a nuclear reactor component, to US
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency says the country has exported heavy water, a key component for one kind of nuclear ...

Component maker Mag.Layers reports decreased revenues for February
Passive component maker Mag.Layers Scientific-Technics has reported revenues of NT$164.67 million (US$5.06 million) for February, down 39.4% ...