Code Templates in Delphi 2007

Hi group.I can't find the place to configure Code Templates in Dephi 2007 IDE. According to the help its suppose to be under Tools>Options>Editor Options>Source Options. Here there should be a "Templates section" but I can't see any. Can anybody tell me whats going on? Thx Jacob
0
Jacob

Jacob Havkrog wrote:

> Hi group.I can't find the place to configure Code Templates in Dephi
> 2007 IDE. According to the help its suppose to be under
> Tools>Options>Editor Options>Source Options. Here there should be a
> "Templates section" but I can't see any. Can anybody tell me whats
> going on? Thx Jacob

View -> Templates

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
Jacob Havkrog wrote:

> Hi group.I can't find the place to configure Code Templates in Dephi
> 2007 IDE. According to the help its suppose to be under
> Tools>Options>Editor Options>Source Options. Here there should be a
> "Templates section" but I can't see any. Can anybody tell me whats
> going on? Thx Jacob

What do you want to configure? Do a View->Templates and you get a
dockable window that contains the templates. It is context-sensitive
and will only show templates that are applicable to the type of file
you have currently open in the editor.

There are two or three checkboxes relevant for the code templates on
the Tools->Options dialog, editor options, code insight page.

The template system was very different in D7 and that version did
indeed have a page for them in the source options. The help entry you
are referring to may be an outdated leftover of that time.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
Jacob Havkrog wrote:

> This link is wrong then:
> ms-help://borland.bds5/devwin32/idh_programmingtemplates_xml.html

Yes, the information there is outdated.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
http://www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
http://groups.google.com
0
Peter

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

converting delphi code to delphi .NET
Hi,I'm looking at converting quite a bit of old delphi code to delphi .NET .  I'm wondering can it be converted to VB.NET for certain ?  Or perhaps there are some unsupported functions etc in delphi and I should keep the code delphi ?  There are about 10,000 lines of code.   Anyone brave enough to take an estimate on how long it would take to convert 10,000 lines ?is going from delphi to delphi.NET smooth ?   Would going to another language cause complications ?Thanks! mike123   Mike123,   Sorry I can not help, however, I have the s...

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007