Can't rename variables and can't find references

Hello.

I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context menu and the key bindings does not work either.

I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this?

Best Reagards.
-1
Martin

Martin S. wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I can't rename any parameters or variables. The menu entries for
> renaming or finding (local) references are disabled in the context
> menu and the key bindings does not work either.
>
> I'm using Delphi2010. Is there a way to fix this?

Can you build the project (not only compile it)? If you can and a build
does not fix the problem, delete the projects .identcache file (with
the project not open, of course), reload the project, and build it.
Hopefully that will improve the situation.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
>
> Can you build the project (not only compile it)?

Thanks for your reply. The Answer is to your question is yes. I don't have any problems with compiling or building my project. I had the same problem with Delphi 2009 but then I moved on to Delphi 2010 and hoped that the problem will be gone. I can't refactor with either oh this versions. I recognized that I only have this problem with some files and not with the whole project.

Regards, Martin.

Edited by: Martin S. on Oct 6, 2009 1:18 AM
1
Martin

They Can't Crack What They Can't Find
They Can't Crack What They Can't Find noeld@rootprompt.org The Internet today is a jungle full of predators. Some of these predators are trying to crack your machine others are just looking for a machine to crack. By using the firewalling tools built into the Linux kernel it is possible to make a desktop machine virtually disappear from the crackers view. In this article I will describe how to hide a machine running Linux that uses PPP over a modem to connect to the Internet. I will use ipchains and the firewalling built into the Linux kernel to protect the services that are ...

Tomcat can't find novlwww and Httpd2 can't find wwwrun at boot time
Hello, After installing NSS services, when my OES Linux SP2 server finishes loading I see "Failed services in runlevel 3: novell-tomcat4 apache2" Looking in /var/log/boot.msg I see: <notice>start services (novell-tomcat4 novell-nss apache2) Starting tomcat4: chown: `novlwww:www': invalid user su: user novlwww does not exist Starting httpd2 (worker) httpd2-worker: bad user name wwwrun The command line was: /usr/sbin/httpd2-worker -f /etc/apache2/httpd.conf -DSSL failed This is the first OES Linux server on which NSS was installed, and there is no n...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Can't find assemblies, then becomes can't copy pagefile.sys?
 I had a working project, a web service with a .vbproj_deploy project around it and a setup around that that produced an .msi file that worked like a champ.I left to work on another project, and when I came back I started working on a new computer and had to get VS2005 installed there.  Pulled in the old project from source safe and everything built correctly except this one part, where I was told it couldn't find anything to assemble.    Then, going into source safe, I checked in what minor changes I'd made and the next time I loaded VS2005 it told me that d...

Can't add Satellite Server (can't even find option)
Hi there, I have a little Prolem managing a Satellite Server. First of all here's my Environment: I'm using a SLES 10 SP2 as OS with ZCM 10.0.3 installed on it. The server's location is the central DMZ of my Test-Environment of my fictive Company. There are several further Subnets, representing external locations of my fictive Company. In each Subnet there is a Windows XP-Client with the ZCM-Agent installed on it. The devices are listed correctly in the "Devices"-Section. Now I want to make my Windows-Clients a Satellite-Server. In the Admin-Guide t...

USB-DVD: "Can't find the openSUSE Repository", can't install.
Greetings, A happy openSUSE user on my laptop, I want to use it on a new desktop computer / home server. It doesn't have an optical drive, so I've created a bootable USB stick out of a DVD ISO, based on the instructions at 'SDB:Live USB stick - openSUSE' (http://tinyurl.com/7zyvyt5) I can boot without problem from the USB stick, but I'm getting the error "Could not find the openSUSE Repository. Activating manual setup program". It then leads me to a basic, text-only interface, but I can't continue the install. A helpful soul in #suse suggeste...

Can't find EDM wizard (can't add ADO.NET Entity Data Model)
I'm having trouble getting started with EDM.  I'm ultimately trying to experiment with ASP.NET Data Services.  I have never installed any ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions CTPs.  However, I have installed VS2008 SP1 Beta1 and .NET 3.5 SP1 Beta 1.  Based on the list of features in SP1 Beta 1 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8C36ACA4-E947-4760-9B05-93CAC04C6F87&displaylang=en ) I believe I should have both EDM support and Data Services support. When I try to add a new item to my VS2008 project, ADO.NET Entity Data Model is not in the list.&nb...

Can't install opensuse 12.1 from DVD, installer can't find DVD devices?
Hi, I have an HP pavilion dv7 laptop (3 years old) with Windows and Linux mint in a dual boot mode, and I wanted to install opensuse 12.1 from a DVD over my mint partition. When I boot with the 64bit KDE live CD in my DVD I can get to the menu where I can choose to try the live session or install. If I choose either, I see the linux kernel loading successfuly, then a green screen with opensuse logo, and after about 10 seconds the screen becomes a black text screen, and I see an error message saying that my DVD device wasn't found, and that the system is restarting in 120 se...

Can't load package from repos. Yast2 can't find file /repodata/repomd.xml
I usually use PClinuxOS but I just installed Suse 12.1 and am trying to find and load Cinelerra or Open Shot When I try to add programs I get an error from Yast2: "Cannot access installation media 'Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss' (http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/) (medium 1) Check whether the server is accessible. URL 'Index of /distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss' (http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/12.1/repo/non-oss/) File '/repodata/repomd.xml' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/d...

Can't regenerate, can't open
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when the app is compiled. When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed. It has been migrated to current version format, but must also be successfully regenerated". But when I try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me regenerate. Any ideas? Thanks. hi, try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also) hope it will help you fran�ois This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where ...

Web resources about - Can't rename variables and can't find references - embarcadero.delphi.ide

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Microsoft dismisses iPad Pro as “a companion device” and references old Steve Jobs stylus quote
... to be a companion device.” Laycock also said that “at one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure” – a reference ...

Shane Smith Also Dropped a David Carr Reference
On The Drudge Report and elsewhere, much is being made today about the fact that Shane Smith drops 52 F-bombs in this week’s Hollywood Reporter ...

Can you spot these classic film references hidden in Pixar movies?
The animators at Pixar definitely love to throw in allusions to some of their favorite movies in their own films. Vimeo user Jorge Luengo Ruiz ...

10 hidden references to classic films in your favorite Pixar movies
... Madrid, told BuzzFeed that he noticed a ton of allusions in "Toy Story 3" and was inspired to make a video highlighting the cinematic references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Worst passwords of 2015: Star Wars references sneak onto list
Enough with "123456" already! SplashData's annual list of the worst passwords in use includes some old favorites and some new sci-fi-inspired ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Ricky Gervais Defends His Golden Globes Joke About Caitlyn Jenner With a Bill Cosby Reference
Ricky Gervais Defends His Golden Globes Joke About Caitlyn Jenner With a Bill Cosby Reference

9 Ways Your References Can Help You Land Your Next Job
Are your references selling your best attributes—or selling you out? Here's how to make them more effective for you. You're going for a new ...