BDS2006 Delphi IDE - OutOfMemory Exception....

Suddenly when I am editing a file in my project a pop-up dialog is
shown saying:

Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.

Nice, but why?

The details pane contains this:
{code}
+ $1E[20B70F22]{coreide100.bpl}
HelpInsight.HelpInsight.ShowHelpInsightTip (Line 177,
"HelpInsight.pas" + 9) + $1E
 + $0[2000A455]{rtl100.bpl  } System.System.@CheckAutoResult (Line
18047, "sys\system.pas" + 6) + $0
 + $B[20B8F09C]{coreide100.bpl}
EditorControl.EditorControl.TCustomEditControl.CheckHelpInsight (Line
1674, "EditorControl.pas" + 9) + $B
 + $17[20B9ACFF]{coreide100.bpl}
EditorControl.EditorControl.TEditEventHandler.FormHintShow (Line 7594,
"EditorControl.pas" + 11) + $17
 + $E[20B8F740]{coreide100.bpl}
EditorControl.EditorControl.TCustomEditControl.CMHintShow (Line 1884,
"EditorControl.pas" + 4) + $E
 + $6[201406A7]{vcl100.bpl  } Controls.Controls.TWinControl.WndProc
(Line 7304, "Controls.pas" + 111) + $6
 + $C[2013C1B4]{vcl100.bpl  } Controls.Controls.TControl.Perform (Line
5021, "Controls.pas" + 5) + $C
 + $10[20163CDD]{vcl100.bpl  } Forms.Forms.TApplication.ActivateHint
(Line 8894, "Forms.pas" + 27) + $10
 + $4[201637F1]{vcl100.bpl  }
Forms.Forms.TApplication.HintTimerExpired (Line 8728, "Forms.pas" + 8)
+ $4
 + $32F[76CC62F7]{USER32.dll  } gapfnScSendMessage + $32F
 + $F6[76CC7B11]{USER32.dll  } CharNextA + $F6
 + $E0[76CC79C2]{USER32.dll  } GetMessageW + $E0
 + $A[76CC7BC5]{USER32.dll  } DispatchMessageA + $A
{code}

I have no way to understand this, but I relly want to know why it
happened if it is possible.
It is using 1034244 kbytes of memory at the moment out og my 8 Gbytes
on a Win7X64 box.

And BDS cannot be closed by File/Close or the X button so I have to
use TaskManager......

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly when I am editing a file in my project a pop-up dialog is
> shown saying:
>
> Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
>
> Nice, but why?

For lack of a better explanation, I'll suggest - bugs in the software.

> It is using 1034244 kbytes of memory at the moment out og my 8 Gbytes
> on a Win7X64 box.

8 GBytes is somewhat irrelevant, ide is only a 32-bit application anyway.

Based on my personal experience (with C++ builder side of product), if
you've actually been using bds2006 since its first year of sale withOUT such
problems, consider yourself fortunate.
0
david
10/9/2012 4:21:25 PM
On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:21:25 -0700, david hoke
<dhoke.nojunk@east-shore.com> wrote:

>"Bo Berglund" <bo.berglund@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Suddenly when I am editing a file in my project a pop-up dialog is
>> shown saying:
>>
>> Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
>>
>> Nice, but why?
>
>For lack of a better explanation, I'll suggest - bugs in the software.

Which software? Mine or Embarcadero's? Notice that this is hapopening
as I am typing on my code in an edit window...

>> It is using 1034244 kbytes of memory at the moment out og my 8 Gbytes
>> on a Win7X64 box.
>
>8 GBytes is somewhat irrelevant, ide is only a 32-bit application anyway.
Yes, but I just wanted to convey that there is plenty of memory...

>Based on my personal experience (with C++ builder side of product), if
>you've actually been using bds2006 since its first year of sale withOUT such
>problems, consider yourself fortunate.

I have not used it all that much, I have mostly stayed with Delphi7...

I have installed D2007 but never really used it and I have the
installer for XE too but that is not yet installed even.
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

> Which software? Mine or Embarcadero's? Notice that this is hapopening

Embarcadero's.  (I believe Borland's at the time of that release.)

There is also an (editor) "assert" failure that can occur (in both 2006 and
2007), that I think was finally fixed (sometime, maybe in 2009?) that can
occur.  Somewhere, there have been instructions for manually NOPing
(patching out) that assert in some version, as its apparently the assert()
itself that is incorrect.

> I have installed D2007 but never really used it and I have the

I, based on c++ experience thus far, would recommend trying to move to 2007
and skipping bds2006.
0
david
10/9/2012 5:27:58 PM
On 07.10.2012 23:03, Bo Berglund wrote:
> Suddenly when I am editing a file in my project a pop-up dialog is
> shown saying:
>
> Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown.
>
> Nice, but why?

IT typically happens most often if you by accident has activated the
Error insight which leaks memory en masse and finally you get stuck.

Another is when having open lots of units of 30000 lines each and more

To avoid it, have Taskmanager open and have an eye on memory usage. When
getting big, save and quit and restart the whole
0
Alf
10/9/2012 8:46:52 PM
david hoke wrote:

> There is also an (editor) "assert" failure that can occur (in both
> 2006 and 2007), that I think was finally fixed (sometime, maybe in
> 2009?) that can occur.  Somewhere, there have been instructions for
> manually NOPing (patching out) that assert in some version, as its
> apparently the assert() itself that is incorrect.

"Somewhere" is Andreas Hausladen's curative blog
http://www.delphifeeds.com/go/s/89625

--
Alex
0

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi 2009 IDE crashes on exception EParseError
I have installed Delphi 2009 on a Windows XP machine and got latest updates Very often (became impossible to work !) the IDE silently crashed when I was just browsing a source code. I ran a second IDE instance to debug the other one, and could catch this when the first crashed : "The bds.exe project has raised the exception class EParseError with message ")' expected but FUNCTION found'" This looks to be a bug in the IDE : it does not handled that exception for some obscure reason. I succeeded to continue to work with it, disabling some options but that's only a...

Where do I find the component of a package in BDS2006(Delphi) IDE?
I have installed a graphics package (VTK) in BDS2006 C++ personality. It can be used in C++ projects, but now I am dealing with a Delphi project... When I start the Delphi32 personality and move to the Components->Install page I can see this package listed and checked and if I use the components button I see the TvtkBorlandRenderWindow component (this is the single component of this package). So far all is OK, but now I want to drop this component on a Delphi form but I cannot find it in the components list... According to the vtkBorlandRenderWindow.cpp file it should be regis...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Delphi IDE crashes
Hello, I've got a problem with Delphi 2010. The ide sometimes crashes and crashes and crashes. I've opened a QN but they can't figure it out and redirected us to the http://support.embarcadero.com Page. But we dont have a support agreement with Embarcadero so I ask here. Here is the link to the QN: http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=89563 In short words: The IDE crashes during an oepration like CTRL + Mouseclick at a variable or something like that. If the ide is crashed you can simply open delphi again and again and agian. And it will crashes evertime you use ...

Delphi IDE version
We have a help, about form with various info. I already have the Application version on here. I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our latest version. Rather than hard coding in the code, is there a runtme option that returns the Delphi IDE version that app was created with? "Larry Wall" wrote in message news:626381@forums.embarcadero.com... > We have a help, about form with various info. > I already have the Application version on here. > I would like to incluude the Delphi IDE version here also XE2 is our > latest version. > Rat...

Delphi 7 IDE
Anyone know where I might go to get some information on a nasty "Debug process already running" message in Delphi 7 IDE? I can't compile any of my D7 projects. I uninstalled and reinstalled D7 but the same message pops up. XE3 is not affected by whatever is happening. All my XE3 programs compile and run fine. Are there any D7 forums left out there? My google search on the problem has yielded nothing useful. On which OS? Delphi 7 works very well under Vista/Seven/Eight if you install it not in C:\Program files (the default) but in a dedicated folder (I use C:\Progs) - d...

what is the best Delphi IDE
Hello, I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE you work with ? isaac sam wrote: > Hello, > I am making a pool here Cool! I'll take care of the drinks. FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European guests here will recognize the system). -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fil...

How is made the Delphi IDE ?
Hello Some years ago it was clear (for me) that Delphi was written in...Delphi + VCL. Is it always true ? Are there some informations about it ? I curious about editor because it is quite clean and efficient, and is 'customised' with some third party software like CnPack, do they have acces to sources or new functions are done via a plug in ? Am 26.07.2013 10:11, schrieb phil prost: > Hello > Some years ago it was clear (for me) that Delphi was written in...Delphi + VCL. Is it always true ? Are there some informations about it ? > I curious about editor because it is q...

Delphi 7 IDE
Sorry, I tried to post this to the IDE group, but got "posting not allowed" error. When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code window and form show up. The IDE / component bar are not opened. Anyone have this happen before? Is there a fix for it? Nothing found with google or newsgroup search, sorry. Charles Collins wrote: > When starting Delphi 7 (all patches applied), with the load last > project option, only the object inspector, object treeview, code > window and ...