BDS2006 - component install for Delphi and C++

I am wondering how it works regarding components in BDS2006:
I have installed BDS2006 and applied all updates, then started the
Delphi personality and installed my component packages.
Question:
Are these components also valid for the C++ personality or do I have
to install them also there?

I am not a C++ programmer (only Delphi for me) but I have to be able
to build C++ applications created by other developers (sources
retrieved from CVS).
To do so I have to have a working IDE with all needed components.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

Bo Berglund wrote:
> I am wondering how it works regarding components in BDS2006:
> I have installed BDS2006 and applied all updates, then started the
> Delphi personality and installed my component packages.
> Question:
> Are these components also valid for the C++ personality or do I have
> to install them also there?

It is installed in both as long as the package is compiled with generate C++
files turned on.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)
Jeff Overcash wrote:

> > I am wondering how it works regarding components in BDS2006:
> > I have installed BDS2006 and applied all updates, then started the
> > Delphi personality and installed my component packages.
> > Question:
> > Are these components also valid for the C++ personality or do I have
> > to install them also there?
>
> It is installed in both as long as the package is compiled with
> generate C++ files turned on.

AFAIR The only problem in 2006 was bug in component installer when
component correctly installed in Delphi personality was not visible in
CBuilder personality...

Even worse: once incorrectly installed component can not be visible in
CB without some registry cleaning...

I don't remember all details (it was so long time ago), try searching
in NG archives...

AFAIR The solution was installation of the component when entire studio
(not only one Delphi personality) was ran.

--
Alex
0

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi
Hi there, I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi. How do I forced to load as c++? Thanks for the help Jorge <Jorge Uriarte> wrote in message news:393178@forums.embarcadero.com... > I have Delphi 2010 which includes c++, but it always loads as Delphi. How > do I forced to load as c++? Did you actually install the C++ personality? Are you loading the IDE using the "Delphi 2010" shortcut (which loads bds.exe with the "-pDelphi" command line parameter)? You should be using the "C++Builder 2010" shortcut (...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

BDS2006 Delphi IDE
Suddenly when I am editing a file in my project a pop-up dialog is shown saying: Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. Nice, but why? The details pane contains this: {code} + $1E[20B70F22]{coreide100.bpl} HelpInsight.HelpInsight.ShowHelpInsightTip (Line 177, "HelpInsight.pas" + 9) + $1E + $0[2000A455]{rtl100.bpl } System.System.@CheckAutoResult (Line 18047, "sys\system.pas" + 6) + $0 + $B[20B8F09C]{coreide100.bpl} EditorControl.EditorControl.TCustomEditControl.CheckHelpInsight (Line 1674, "EditorControl.pas" + 9) + $B + ...

Install of Delphi packages into C++2009
Sebastian Zierer has kindly uploaded a beta version of the old Turbopower Orpheus components for D2009 to his website ( [http://www.songbeamer.com/delphi/] ). Unfortunately I can't seem to install the packages into C2009. I have compiled and installed the components and they show up on the palette for Delphi applications but not for C++ applications. I have checked 'Generate all C++ files' for in the linker options. Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks Simon Hello, > {quote:title=Simon Hooper wrote:}{quote} > > Is there something else I shou...

Installing C++ Builder 2009 / Delphi
OK, I just purchased a license and got a key. The web install process fails. I think the problem is my ISP. Now, back in Dec 2008 I downloaded an ISO file for the install about 2 Gigs and never used it really. If I use this ISO file, Create a DVD and do the install from there , will it effectively be a full licensed install. So far it looks identical (except maybe the program is 7 months old). Also I ordered the media as part of my purchase, should I wait for the media to come in before installing? Thanks for any assistance I can get. Colin B Maharaj Trinidad,WI ...

Installing C++ 2010 after Delphi 2010
Hi Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 machine) then a few weeks later install C++ Builder 2010, rather than install Rad Studio. Do you get two separate programs and use a lot of disk space or will they integrate together to be the equivalent to Rad Studio without Delphi Prism (which I do not need). Any information would be helpful. Richard > {quote:title=Richard Carey wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > Has anybody found the information about what happens when you install > Delphi 2010 (on an XP SP3 mac...

Install Delphi Packages in C++Builder.
Hi How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full source code for that delphi package (.pas). Thanks. Safwan. In article <85358@forums.codegear.com>, Safwan Maswadeh <safwan_maswadeh@yahoo.com> wrote: > How can I install Delphi2009 package in c++builder2009, I have the full > source code for that delphi package (.pas). Change the project options to "Generate all C++ files", Build and install it. If you have already installed the Delphi-only version, you have to delete the package cache from the registry, or they...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

Web resources about - BDS2006 - component install for Delphi and C++ - embarcadero.delphi.ide

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Samsung announces big profits for Q3 2015, driven by components business
... So beneficial was the weakened won that it translated to quarterly gains of approximately 800 billion won ($705 million), primarily from component ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Corvette Stingray gets optional Z06 components
Filed under: Chevrolet , Coupe , Performance Chevrolet announces a series of upgrades available for the Corvette Stingray derived from the equipment ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

DeBoer makes no excuses for components Sharks are missing
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch DeBoer makes no excuses for components ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people