Android App Support in Delphi ETA?

Hi --

I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create Android apps? I would like to leverage my knowledge of Pascal as opposed to learning PHP to create Android apps.

Thanks

Rich
0
Richard

Richard Morey wrote:

> I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS
> applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming
> soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create
> Android apps?

So far there is no new roadmap, but Linux/Android and ARM compiler
support might be in the next release (XE3) and that could be released
by the end of August/beginning of September next year.

See also "May the road(map) rise with you"
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/jtembarcadero/2011/09/17/may-the-roadmap-rise-with-you/
--
Uwe Schuster | Hero of the Delphi 2010 FT
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog

Thanks for your response. I was hoping that Android support was something close to being ready that might be a patch for Delphi XE2 in the next 1 - 3 months. Oh well.

Rich

> {quote:title=Uwe Schuster wrote:}{quote}
> Richard Morey wrote:
>
> > I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS
> > applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming
> > soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create
> > Android apps?
>
> So far there is no new roadmap, but Linux/Android and ARM compiler
> support might be in the next release (XE3) and that could be released
> by the end of August/beginning of September next year.
>
> See also "May the road(map) rise with you"
> http://blogs.embarcadero.com/jtembarcadero/2011/09/17/may-the-roadmap-rise-with-you/
> --
> Uwe Schuster | Hero of the Delphi 2010 FT
> http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
0
Richard
11/14/2011 10:51:18 PM
Richard Morey wrote:

> HI --
>
> Thanks for your response. I was hoping that Android support was
> something close to being ready that might be a patch for Delphi XE2
> in the next 1 - 3 months. Oh well.
>
> Rich

It cannot be a patch as it will be implemented by the new (next
generation) compiler....

--

Lajos Juhász
0

>> Thanks for your response. I was hoping that Android support was
>> something close to being ready that might be a patch for Delphi XE2
>> in the next 1 - 3 months. Oh well.
>>
> It cannot be a patch as it will be implemented by the new (next
> generation) compiler....

FPC already seems to support it
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Android_Interface

It is not obligatory to wait NexGen compiler.
They use FPC for apple, may do so for Google too.
It would not be any worse.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Richard Morey wrote:

> HI --
>
> Thanks for your response. I was hoping that Android support was
> something close to being ready that might be a patch for Delphi XE2
> in the next 1 - 3 months. Oh well.
>
> Rich

It cannot be a patch as it will be implemented by the new (next
generation) compiler....

--

Lajos Juhász
0
Lajos
11/15/2011 11:44:57 AM
> They use FPC for apple,

It's used for iOS 'support'. When targeting OS X, the Delphi compiler and RTL is used.
0
Chris
11/15/2011 6:45:46 PM
Richard Morey wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create Android apps? I would like to leverage my knowledge of Pascal as opposed to learning PHP to create Android apps.
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

It should noted that the best way to predict future events is to invent
a time machine first. :-) Otherwise, the only official document of
predicting what will happen in the future in regards to Rad Studio is
the roadmap.
0
quinn
11/15/2011 7:08:23 PM
Chris Rolliston  писал(а) в своём письме Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:45:46 +0400:

>> They use FPC for apple,
>
> It's used for iOS 'support'. When targeting OS X, the Delphi compiler
> and RTL is used.

OSX on PowerPC is considered obsolete not targeted at all ?

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
11/15/2011 7:47:35 PM
> > It's used for iOS 'support'. When targeting OS X, the Delphi compiler
> > and RTL is used.
>
> OSX on PowerPC is considered obsolete not targeted at all ?

Er, is that a serious question? Macs have been Intel-only for some years now, along with the past two releases of OS X.
0
Chris
11/16/2011 1:40:19 AM
Chris Rolliston  писал(а) в своём письме Wed, 16 Nov 2011 05:40:19 +0400:

> Er, is that a serious question? Macs have been Intel-only for some years
> now, along with the past two releases of OS X.

Two is only two. Imagine Delphi would fail to make executables for WinXP.
Or, accoounting Win7 and Win7 SP1 as different OS X releases - even on
Vista.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
11/16/2011 4:05:26 AM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Burov wrote:}{quote}
> Two is only two. Imagine Delphi would fail to make executables for WinXP.
> Or, accoounting Win7 and Win7 SP1 as different OS X releases - even on
> Vista.

"Two is only two" is Windows. Apple's philosophy has always been "This one only. The next one may break everything you've ever run on our OS."
0
Ken
11/16/2011 6:49:34 PM
Ken White  писал(а) в своём письме Wed, 16 Nov 2011 22:49:34 +0400:

> Apple's philosophy has always been "This one only. The next one may
> break everything you've ever run on our OS."

i know, i remember discussion on VideoLAN maillist :-)

But do OS X users buy it and do purchase every single update Apple rolls
out ?
both hardware and software ?

i wonder what s ratio of PowerPC vs Intel boxes in the wild.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
11/16/2011 7:47:29 PM

> It cannot be a patch as it will be implemented by the new (next
> generation) compiler....
>
> --

Thanks for all the responses. Does anyone have an experience using a cross platform development for creating iOS and Android apps? I have some Flex / Actionscript experience but given recent announcements by Adobe it appears they are urging developers to focus on HTML5 for mobile apps.

Rich
0
Richard
11/16/2011 8:46:12 PM
I'll either wait or use Eclipse (second more likely).  I have no particular interest in iOS.
Scott

> {quote:title=Richard Morey wrote:}{quote}
> HI --
>
> Thanks for your response. I was hoping that Android support was something close to being ready that might be a patch for Delphi XE2 in the next 1 - 3 months. Oh well.
>
> Rich
>

> > {quote:title=Uwe Schuster wrote:}{quote}
> > Richard Morey wrote:
> >
> > > I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS
> > > applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming
> > > soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create
> > > Android apps?
> >
> > So far there is no new roadmap, but Linux/Android and ARM compiler
> > support might be in the next release (XE3) and that could be released
> > by the end of August/beginning of September next year.
> >
> > See also "May the road(map) rise with you"
> > http://blogs.embarcadero.com/jtembarcadero/2011/09/17/may-the-roadmap-rise-with-you/
> > --
> > Uwe Schuster | Hero of the Delphi 2010 FT
> > http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
0
Scott

FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC is support for Delphi XE5 Android app?
Hi~ I do not speak English. I want to buy for the development device of the FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC. FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC is support the Delphi XE5 app? or not support? If FNF Ifive X2 do not support I will change android device. Please answer. Have nice day. Am 28.09.2013 18:58, schrieb Yang YYm: > Hi~ > > I do not speak English. > > I want to buy for the development device of the FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC. > > FNF Ifive X2 Tablet PC is support the Delphi XE5 app? or not support? > > If FNF Ifive X2 do not support I will change android...

How to convert an MDI app to a paned app like the Delphi IDE
I have an old app that uses the MDI style. And I would like to modernise it to use multiple docked/paned windows (e.g something like MS Outlook or the Delphi IDE say). Does anyone have any tips about what needs to be done to migrate my current MDI Forms to the new UI concept. (The app is several hundred thousand lines of code, so a rewrite is out of the question...) AndrewFG Andrew Fiddian-Green wrote: > I have an old app that uses the MDI style. And I would like to > modernise it to use multiple docked/paned windows (e.g something like > MS Outlook or the Delphi ...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi IDE on Android tablet
Delphi IDE on Android tablet http://www.citeworld.com/development/21406/wine-android-sorry-youre-going-have-wait Delphi <-> Wine <-> x86-Android tablet Wouldn't that a good business case? Another prerequisite would be a slim Delphi IDE. > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > Delphi IDE on Android tablet > > > http://www.citeworld.com/development/21406/wine-android-sorry-youre-going-have-wait > > > Delphi <-> Wine <-> x86-Android tablet > Do you mean for running the Delphi IDE or for producing Androi...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi support for mobile apps
Hi, As someone who uses Delphi for Windows desktop programs only, I would like to catch up on the current state of Delphi tools for mobile development. When Firemonkey was first launched I read long debates in Non-Technical forum about the fact that Firemonkey uses platform-independent GUI controls rather than native controls. But I have recently read in various websites that apparently Delphi/Firemonkey now also supports native controls for Android and iOS. Does this mean that one can now use either the platform-independent and/or platform-specific components? How are the native con...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Delphi X5 Android App Deployment
Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ? > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote} > Sérgio Francisco wrote: > > Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i ...

Suitable Android phone for Delphi App
I work with small farmers in Africa and Asia, designing data-systems used by the companies which buy their products (coffee, vanilla, nuts etc.) Farm-inspection is a key role. Inspectors visit with lots of paper-forms and questionnaires which are filled in. Some of my users have already migrated to Windows tablets for data collection. But Windows tablets are rare and costly. I have written a couple of Android Apps. Not too big, but they will do useful "small jobs" for the inspectors. However few inspectors yet own smart phones. My client-businesses will have to buy them. ...

Making Delphi app support IPv6
My client is converting to IPv6 and asked me if my app can work with IPv6. First time i heard that a company needs to use IPv6 so this is completely alien to me. I'm using DBExpress and INDY in my app. Has anyone gone through such a conversion and would not mind sharing your experience? Or is there a software that can make any IPv4 app work in an IPv6 environment? ;) <joshua lim> wrote in message news:304779@forums.embarcadero.com... > I'm using DBExpress and INDY in my app. Has > anyone gone through such a conversion and would > not mind sharing your ex...

How to build enterprise-grade Delphi app
Hi It would be nice to build enterprise-grade appl with Delphi, but are the options or third party software (like in J2EE) to do this? e.g. 1) there is J2EE middleware for hosting components - developer is not required to handle all the issues that are connected with session handling and different contexts in which the components can be stored (like application, session, request context, etc.). I understand that some of this can be done in DataSnap or in Web Services (can be even PHP, Java or .NET) and Delphi client - but in both cases there are some drawbacks: - for DataSnap - much shou...

Web resources about - Android App Support in Delphi ETA? - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Android Apps - Appolicious ™ App Directory
... You'll Love in association with Trending: games photography photo editing keyboards Join Sign In with Yahoo! Already a member? Log in Android ...

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of January 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, ...

The only small-screened Android phone worth buying is coming to the US
Sony The Xperia Z5. 10 more images in gallery If you long for the days of 2011, when 5.3-inch smartphones were enormous outliers rather than ...

The 2017 Hyundai Elantra gets both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
... buys for those on a budget. Today, Hyundai announces that the 2017 model of the aforementioned car will be getting both Apple CarPlay and Android ...

New study shines light on one of the iPhone’s biggest advantages over Android
We hate to kick a dead horse but unfortunately, Android fragmentation is an issue that continues to rear its ugly head. Time and time again we ...

You'd say 'no' to your Android phone, if only you could, study finds
Users would deny almost a third of all requests for permission made by Android apps, according to a report. Ideas for a fix include a security-minded ...

Android Auto is coming to 40 car models this year
Google is positive about the road ahead for Android Auto, saying it will come to 40 car models and support more apps this year. Android Auto ...

Android Pay’s awesome rewards program offers free content and Chromecasts
... the way with a new rewards program — and it’s awesome. Dubbed “Tap 10,” the program offers up free Google Play content simply for using Android ...

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream is now on iOS, Android
... (the group reviving System Shock ) and DotEmu have come out with a mobile port of I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream . It's out now on Android ...