Android App does not close...

I am experimenting with Android App development in XE5 and I noted a
strange thing that confuses me a lot.
In Windows programs whenever you close the main form the application
exits.
But when I put Close; in the OnClick event of a button the application
does not react at all when that button is tapped, why is it like that?
And how can I close the app properly? I do not want it to stay running
in the background, which will happen if I switch to the home page for
instance.
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you tr...

[SOLVED] Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a very simple program that works perfectly. But if I add a TIdTcpClient component on my form, with no change in the properties or event, just add it, then application crash when exiting with the hardware return button. What is wrong ? thank you Franck {code} unit FormTestModbusXE; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Edit, FMX.Layouts, FMX.ListBox, IdBaseComponent, IdComponent, IdTCPConnection, Id...

How to convert an MDI app to a paned app like the Delphi IDE
I have an old app that uses the MDI style. And I would like to modernise it to use multiple docked/paned windows (e.g something like MS Outlook or the Delphi IDE say). Does anyone have any tips about what needs to be done to migrate my current MDI Forms to the new UI concept. (The app is several hundred thousand lines of code, so a rewrite is out of the question...) AndrewFG Andrew Fiddian-Green wrote: > I have an old app that uses the MDI style. And I would like to > modernise it to use multiple docked/paned windows (e.g something like > MS Outlook or the Delphi ...

How to close Android App ??
XE5 Firemonkey Android app... I can not close the App by method of [Application.Terminate;] or [Form1.Close; ] ...and so on How to close Android App ?? > {quote:title=Sang Hyun Oh wrote:}{quote} > XE5 Firemonkey Android app... > > I can not close the App by method of [Application.Terminate;] or [Form1.Close; ] ...and so on > > How to close Android App ?? Confirm. I cannot close Android Delphi's App on Android too. It's look like very strange but I think it is a behaviour of Android's tasks architechture, it determines by itself what applicat...

Closing App on Android
I have a button with the Close method. When I press it on Andriod, it does not close the app. I see it stop on the Close statement repeatedly, but when I continue with Run it does not close. Try Application.Terminate; > {quote:title=Douglas Downs wrote:}{quote} > I have a button with the Close method. When I press it on Andriod, it does not close the app. I see it stop on the Close statement repeatedly, but when I continue with Run it does not close. > Try Application.Terminate; that does not work an unhandled user called back button on mainform will cose the app...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Delphi IDE on Android tablet
Delphi IDE on Android tablet http://www.citeworld.com/development/21406/wine-android-sorry-youre-going-have-wait Delphi <-> Wine <-> x86-Android tablet Wouldn't that a good business case? Another prerequisite would be a slim Delphi IDE. > {quote:title=Ralf Stocker wrote:}{quote} > Delphi IDE on Android tablet > > > http://www.citeworld.com/development/21406/wine-android-sorry-youre-going-have-wait > > > Delphi <-> Wine <-> x86-Android tablet > Do you mean for running the Delphi IDE or for producing Androi...

Delphi app not closing properly
I am the developer of a widely distributed application written in Delphi 5. Recently there have been some reports from users that when closing the app, it remains in the taskbar and can only be terminated using Task Manager. I have occasionally seen this myself and have also seen an instance where it wasn't in the taskbar but the process was still running, but I haven't found any specific action that causes it. This has only been happening for the last few months so I assume it has something to do with a recent code change, but I don't know exactly what causes this and have no id...

Delphi X5 Android App Deployment
Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ? > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote} > Sérgio Francisco wrote: > > Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i ...

Suitable Android phone for Delphi App
I work with small farmers in Africa and Asia, designing data-systems used by the companies which buy their products (coffee, vanilla, nuts etc.) Farm-inspection is a key role. Inspectors visit with lots of paper-forms and questionnaires which are filled in. Some of my users have already migrated to Windows tablets for data collection. But Windows tablets are rare and costly. I have written a couple of Android Apps. Not too big, but they will do useful "small jobs" for the inspectors. However few inspectors yet own smart phones. My client-businesses will have to buy them. ...

Delphi app not always closing properly
I am the developer of a widely distributed application written in Delphi 5. Recently there have been some reports from users that when closing the app, it remains in the taskbar and can only be terminated using Task Manager. I have occasionally seen this myself and have also seen an instance where it wasn't in the taskbar but the process was still running, but I haven't found any specific action that causes it. This has only been happening for the last few months so I assume it has something to do with a recent code change, but I don't know exactly what causes this and have ...

Android App Support in Delphi ETA?
Hi -- I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create Android apps? I would like to leverage my knowledge of Pascal as opposed to learning PHP to create Android apps. Thanks Rich Richard Morey wrote: > I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS > applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming > soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to crea...

Close Delphi XE4 Metro App With Touch
When you create a Metro application with Delphi XE4 it does not act like a normal Metro application because you can *not close the application with a finger swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen*. All of the Metro apps I have that came with windows actually close with touch this way. You are returned to the Start screen... then if you go to the desktop the app is no longer running. When you close a Delphi Metro application with a swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen it returns you to the Start screen. If you then go to the desktop.. the applicat...

App closing or window closing
Is there some function that can be called or a property available at the application level to determine if the application is closing versus a window closing? I have several windows that receive broadcasts when a window closes. When the application is telling the windows to close I would like them to disregard the broadcast. Or a window is told to close by the application versus user it does not broadcast Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this Marci ...

Web resources about - Android App does not close... - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Android Apps - Appolicious ™ App Directory
... You'll Love in association with Trending: games photography photo editing keyboards Join Sign In with Yahoo! Already a member? Log in Android ...

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of January 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, ...

Halfbrick’s Star Skater Races Onto iOS, Android
Halfbrick has launched its newest game, Star Skater, on iOS and Android. Created in collaboration with Shawn McInerney of MooseMouse , the level-based ...

Apple’s rumored display shift could push even more Android vendors to switch to OLED
... LCD to OLED screens in future iPhones, suggesting that Apple’s efforts will also have a welcome side effect. Other smartphones, including Android ...

Google Spruces Up Android Wear With New Designer Faces
... statement should be able to find something they like out of the new designs. If not, there are loads of other free watch faces for Android, ...

Android power! 2015's top tips, tricks, and buying advice
What?! Another year, almost over? How is that even possible ? I don't know where the time goes, but I do know this: 2015 has been an absolute ...

Don’t Miss These Android Stories: December 18, 2015
... Droid Life Show. Oh, we also shared more and more last minute holiday deals, many of which you can find below in our list of the best Android ...

Evernote's Skitch will soon bid Android, iOS and Windows farewell
If Skitch is one of your favorite sketching and annotation apps, we hope you're using a Mac, because it's saying goodbye to Android, iOS and ...

Microsoft Skype Translator Tech Arrives on Android, iOS
Spoken translations come to the updated Microsoft Translator apps for Android handsets, iPhones and connected smartwatches.