access violation when I quit from the IDE

I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message:

Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D
Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address
00000000

some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in
to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on...

Any idea of what is happening?

Thanks!

Sergio
0
sergio

sergio gonzalez wrote:
> I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message:
>
> Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D
> Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address
> 00000000
>
> some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in
> to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on...
>
> Any idea of what is happening?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sergio

Something similar was happening with me in Delphi 7.  Don't remember the
exact error message, but the endless loop of messages on exit happened
almost every time.  I was able to trace it back to having Orpheus
installed, but not why it was happening.
--
Jon Purvis
Wildlife Data Analyst
> {quote:title=sergio gonzalez wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message:
>
> Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D
> Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address
> 00000000
>
> some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in
> to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on...

Every time I've seen or heard of this happening, it's always (100% of the time) been traced back to a third-party component package.

Remember, code in packages for components that are installed in the IDE actually *executes* in the IDE. When the component writer does something wrong, it can easily make something in the IDE fail or unstable. That's usually the cause of "Read of Address 00000000" in the IDE itself; that's accessing a nil pointer, and it's usually caused by memory corruption by a third party library that made the IDE unstable.
0
Ken
4/24/2009 2:39:19 PM
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:39:19 +0100, Ken White  wrote:

>> Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D
>> Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of
>> Address
>> 00000000
>>

> Every time I've seen or heard of this happening, it's always (100% of
> the time) been traced back to a third-party component package.

Sorry Ken,

Every time I see this happening to my IDE's (D6 and D2006) it's always
(100% of the time) down to Delphi - because I have no, zero, not a one,
third-party component package installed.

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems
> {quote:title=Paul Scott wrote:}{quote}
> Sorry Ken,
>
> Every time I see this happening to my IDE's (D6 and D2006) it's always
> (100% of the time) down to Delphi - because I have no, zero, not a one,
> third-party component package installed.

Sorry, Paul. I have D5, D7, D2007, and D2009 installed on my current machine and have never had the problem without 3rd party tools. I've also used D1, D2, D3, D4, D6, D2005, and D2006 previously, and again never seen the problem w/o 3rd party tools. So I guess we'll just have to disagree.
0
Ken
4/24/2009 3:28:55 PM
On Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:28:55 +0100, Ken White  wrote:

> Sorry, Paul. I have D5, D7, D2007, and D2009 installed on my current
> machine and have never had the problem without 3rd party tools. I've
> also used D1, D2, D3, D4, D6, D2005, and D2006 previously, and again
> never seen the problem w/o 3rd party tools. So I guess we'll just have
> to disagree.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence :)

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems
Macclesfield, UK
0
Paul
4/24/2009 3:30:39 PM
> {quote:title=Paul Scott wrote:}{quote}
> Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence :)

Ahhh, but claims of existence without confirmation of existence aren't very useful, either. "Yes, of course! I've seen the yeti - I really did! It was in my back yard! We had a barbeque!" :-)
0
Ken
4/24/2009 4:21:59 PM
> {quote:title=sergio gonzalez wrote:}{quote}
> I'm using Delphi 6 and very often, when I close the IDE I get this message:
>
> Exception EAccessViolation in module rtl60.bpl at 0000567D
> Access Violation at address 4000567D in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of Address
> 00000000
>
> some times, whe I accept the error message, it exits, but sometimes it enters in
> to a loop and every message I accept shows another error message, and so on...
>
> Any idea of what is happening?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sergio

It's almost always a third-party component.  I have this problem, too, but have not spent the time to figure out which component it is.  Do +File > Close All+ before you exit Delphi and you shouldn't get the error.
0
Sean
7/30/2009 5:40:57 PM
In all your getters, check i the componentstate is csDestroying ! So that
the IDE doesnt evaluate them when it destroy your component !

DH
0
David

Delphi BDE
I (still) support two well established Delphi apps requiring BDE (Paradox tables). Suddenly they have started generating a consistent Access Violation (in Win XP) when starting to run in the IDE. The apps compile OK and the resulting exes run without complaint outside the IDE.It's not just my apps - the demo Fishfact and other demos generate an access violation as well as they start to run (after compiling OK). I have made no changes for a long time to the VCL etc. This happens in Delphi 4 and Delphi 7. I have tried re-installing Delphi and BDE and doing a system restore. The access vio...

access violation in module vcl100.bpl when starting Delphi 2007 IDE
Hi, I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit. This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE: Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060. The call stack shows: Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc Classes.StdWndProc DispatchMessageA Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage From.TApplication.HandleMessage Forms.TApplication.Run BaseThreadInitThunk FYI, the following com...

Access violation rtl140.bpl Error, Delphi 2010 IDE wont load
I get this error message below when I try to start Delphi 2010. While it's loading up this message pops up and the only thing that loads is the Tool Palette and Structure windows. How can fix this? I've tried repairing and reinstalling but the problem persists. Access violation at address 500115A7 in module 'rtl140.bpl'. Read of address 00000000. [500115A7]{rtl140.bpl } System.UTF8ToUnicodeString (Line 22482, "System.pas" + 2) + $0 [5029A838]{vcl140.bpl } Controls.TWinControl.DefaultHandler (Line 9860, "Controls.pas" + 30) + $17 [502C18E6]{vcl140.b...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Access Violation in IDE [Edit]
Thank you.. By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. Is there an update as far as you know? <Muhammad Tailounie> wrote in message news:122180@forums.codegear.com... > By the way; I am having problems with my IDE..Sometimes it would just > get stuck while I am coding and a message of access violation pops up. > Is there an update as far as you know? You did not say which version of C++Builder you are using, or what the AV says. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quo...

Delph IDE access violation
Hi In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components. I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property Any idea whats going on? Eric > {quote:title=Eric ten Westenend wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > In my datamodule i use Interbase IBX components. > > I often get access ciolations in Delphi bpl's when tring to edit IBDataset.SelectSQL property > > Any idea whats going on? > > Eric IBDataSet? This component does not belong to IntraWeb, but to InterBase package. Does it happen only in IntraWeb ...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Access Violation with no way to return to IDE
I've adapted a "flocking" simulation to run, full screen, with multiple timers, without any controls visible, as an "art" piece. It would run overnight with no errors before converting it to "art." Now, after about an hour or two, it stops with, "Access violation at address 0040Z48A - Read of address 2283D8E9." Usually, when I get "Access violation..." messages, it is Windows 7 telling me that I am trying to write to an array with an index that is out-of-bounds. They are usually easy to fix... This time, I've double and triple-ch...

[XE] IDE access violations are frequent.
I get access violations in the IDE frequently during linking. Once I get an access violation I pretty much have to shut down the IDE as violations occur doing almost anything in the IDE after the first one. I did not create new Projects but instead used the ones from CB2009. I will try to create new Projects sometime to see if it makes the IDE stable during linking. I think some of my Linking Error:Export messages are because the Import/Export code was newly created or heavily modified in XE. Bruno made mention of this in one of the Quality Central incidents. Larry In...

Access Violation problems during the debugging in the IDE
--------------------------- Benachrichtigung über Debugger-Exception --------------------------- Im Projekt NetLogTS.exe ist eine Exception der Klasse $C0000005 mit der Meldung 'access violation at 0x7c929af2: write of address 0x00000010' aufgetreten. --------------------------- Anhalten Fortsetzen Hilfe --------------------------- Hello, has anybody an idea, why this error occurs during the debugging of a app in the IDE of Delphi XE2 directly after "begin" before "application.initialize"? Starting the EXE-File directly, there is no problem. T...

XE2 Access violation loading project into IDE
I am having Delphi XE2 app crashes when loading a simple firemonkey iOS project after having written, compiled and run fine in the IDE the first time. Crash occurs thereafter each time I try to load the project into the IDE. By deleting lines of source code and then adding one line of code at a time I can determine the line which causes the app crash. The line is: panelWidth := frameWidth - ( 2.0 * stileWidth ) + 0.4375; Now if I modify this line to: panelWidth := frame Width; the project loads with no problem, as expected. It appears that adding additional calc...

Delphi 5
Hello, I'm working on a legacy app in Delphi 5, suddenly I'm getting a crash when trying to access project options from the menu, in fact this happens now even when starting a new project. Has anyone seen this before and can offer a fix ? Thanks... JT Here is the madexcept dump: command line : "C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi5\Bin\delphi32.exe" -ns -np executable : delphi32.exe current module : madExcept_.bpl exec. date/time : 2000-01-24 05:01 version : 5.0.6.18 compiled with : Delphi 5 madExcept version : 3.0h callsta...

Access violation after moving project to another IDE installation
After a crash of the harddisk I moved my projects to another computer where I have installed the same version of the IDE (BCB6 (see comment below)). I thought there would be no problem to recompile my projects on the new IDE if I had installed the same third-party and own components but I lost already some days just trying to get things to work again!!! I can compile the project but after starting the application I get an access violation just after creating the main form: Application->CreateForm(__classid(TFormMain), &FormMain); => access violation here!! Application->...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Web resources about - access violation when I quit from the IDE - embarcadero.delphi.ide

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a &quot;hit list&quot; and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.