access violation in module vcl100.bpl when starting Delphi 2007 IDE

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit.
This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE:

Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060.

The call stack shows:

Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut
ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer
ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc
Classes.StdWndProc
DispatchMessageA
Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage
From.TApplication.HandleMessage
Forms.TApplication.Run
BaseThreadInitThunk

FYI, the following components are installed:
MadExcept 3.0l
JEDI visual component Library
Developer Express VCL Products
ReportBuilder Enterprise
Fast Report 4
VCL for the Web 9 for Borland Developer Studio 2006

Has anyone seen this before? What can be the reason for this error?

Best regards,

Bob
0
Bob

Bob Walbers schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit.
> This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE:
>
> Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060.

Reset the VM to the last known good state and test again.

DoDi
0
Hans
8/13/2013 1:36:09 PM
I am taking a wild guess here but the call stack - if it's accurate for that particular crash - might indicate that some kind of component on a form is trying to set the caption property (text in later Delphi versions) and that the particular component does not have that property?

You say it's when you're starting the IDE - is it trying to load an old project when it restarts and that the project has been modified in some way to be incompatible with your IDE and the versions of the components in it?

Also, if you have IDE add-ins that actually create new menu items on the IDE menus such as DExperts or JEDiVCS and so on, it's possible that one of these has been inadvertently changed and is generating this fault.  It's weird because the call stack is mentioning Forms.TApplication, a timer and setting a menu shortcut which all sounds to me like something getting added in, hitting a nil property on a component and then causing it to generate the AV.

Good luck, I hope you solve it.

IanB.

> {quote:title=Bob Walbers wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit.
> This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE:
>
> Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060.
>
> The call stack shows:
>
> Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut
> ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer
> ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc
> Classes.StdWndProc
> DispatchMessageA
> Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage
> From.TApplication.HandleMessage
> Forms.TApplication.Run
> BaseThreadInitThunk
>

> FYI, the following components are installed:
> MadExcept 3.0l
> JEDI visual component Library
> Developer Express VCL Products
> ReportBuilder Enterprise
> Fast Report 4
> VCL for the Web 9 for Borland Developer Studio 2006
>

> Has anyone seen this before? What can be the reason for this error?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bob
0
Ian
8/13/2013 2:43:12 PM
Try instructions here: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42597

Bob Walbers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit.
> This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE:
>
> Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060.
>
> The call stack shows:
>
> Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut
> ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer
> ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc
> Classes.StdWndProc
> DispatchMessageA
> Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage
> From.TApplication.HandleMessage
> Forms.TApplication.Run
> BaseThreadInitThunk
>

> FYI, the following components are installed:
> MadExcept 3.0l
> JEDI visual component Library
> Developer Express VCL Products
> ReportBuilder Enterprise
> Fast Report 4
> VCL for the Web 9 for Borland Developer Studio 2006
>

> Has anyone seen this before? What can be the reason for this error?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bob

0
quinn

Thanks for the hint!

I think the error is indeed related to some external package which modifies the IDE menu but I haven't figured out yet which one it is.

GExperts was the prime suspect but uninstalling GExperts didn't help.

When I start Delphi with the command line below (as suggested by the other poster)

+"C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\bds.exe" -pDelphi -rfoo+

the eror does not occur but some of the external packages such as MadExcept and Localizer are not available, so my project doesn't compile anymore.

I will do some more tests to see where the AV comes from.

Best regards,

Bob

> {quote:title=Ian Barker wrote:}{quote}
> I am taking a wild guess here but the call stack - if it's accurate for that particular crash - might indicate that some kind of component on a form is trying to set the caption property (text in later Delphi versions) and that the particular component does not have that property?
>
> You say it's when you're starting the IDE - is it trying to load an old project when it restarts and that the project has been modified in some way to be incompatible with your IDE and the versions of the components in it?
>
> Also, if you have IDE add-ins that actually create new menu items on the IDE menus such as DExperts or JEDiVCS and so on, it's possible that one of these has been inadvertently changed and is generating this fault.  It's weird because the call stack is mentioning Forms.TApplication, a timer and setting a menu shortcut which all sounds to me like something getting added in, hitting a nil property on a component and then causing it to generate the AV.
>
> Good luck, I hope you solve it.
>
> IanB.
>

> > {quote:title=Bob Walbers wrote:}{quote}
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Delphi 2007 in a VMware virtual machine. The guest operating system is Windows 7 32-bit.
> > This has worked fine for months but since yesterday, I keep getting this error message when starting the IDE:
> >
> > Access violation at address 201302BC in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000060.
> >
> > The call stack shows:
> >
> > Menu.TMenuItem.SetShortCut
> > ExtCtrls.TTimer.Timer
> > ExtCtrls.TTimer.WndProc
> > Classes.StdWndProc
> > DispatchMessageA
> > Forms.TApplication.ProcessMessage
> > From.TApplication.HandleMessage
> > Forms.TApplication.Run
> > BaseThreadInitThunk
> >

> > FYI, the following components are installed:
> > MadExcept 3.0l
> > JEDI visual component Library
> > Developer Express VCL Products
> > ReportBuilder Enterprise
> > Fast Report 4
> > VCL for the Web 9 for Borland Developer Studio 2006
> >

> > Has anyone seen this before? What can be the reason for this error?
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Bob
0
Bob
8/19/2013 8:33:25 AM
Using the -r switch to specify an alternate registry key I have discovered that the problem was caused by the FIBplus package.

After removing the key with the 2 FIBPlus bpl's from HKU\Software\Borland\BDS\5.0\Known Packages I don't have the access violation on startup.

Thanks for your help
0
Bob

Access violation rtl140.bpl Error, Delphi 2010 IDE wont load
I get this error message below when I try to start Delphi 2010. While it's loading up this message pops up and the only thing that loads is the Tool Palette and Structure windows. How can fix this? I've tried repairing and reinstalling but the problem persists. Access violation at address 500115A7 in module 'rtl140.bpl'. Read of address 00000000. [500115A7]{rtl140.bpl } System.UTF8ToUnicodeString (Line 22482, "System.pas" + 2) + $0 [5029A838]{vcl140.bpl } Controls.TWinControl.DefaultHandler (Line 9860, "Controls.pas" + 30) + $17 [502C18E6]{vcl140.b...

Delphi BDE
I (still) support two well established Delphi apps requiring BDE (Paradox tables). Suddenly they have started generating a consistent Access Violation (in Win XP) when starting to run in the IDE. The apps compile OK and the resulting exes run without complaint outside the IDE.It's not just my apps - the demo Fishfact and other demos generate an access violation as well as they start to run (after compiling OK). I have made no changes for a long time to the VCL etc. This happens in Delphi 4 and Delphi 7. I have tried re-installing Delphi and BDE and doing a system restore. The access vio...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Access Violation When Starting Delphi
Irregularly, when starting the D7 IDE with still nothing but the D7 splash screen showing, I get 'Access Violation in vcl70.bpl' followed by the message 'Error reading EditWindow.Icon.Data. The window does not have scroll bars.' At the moment, I am working on a single project so always open the same one. I have zero 3rd party components registered in D7. What to make out of this? Thank you for your comments. Andreas Hi! Try starting your project with -np switch. Delphi will open with no project. > Vincent Bergeron wrote: > Try starting your project...

Unable to start Delphi IDE
Hi all, All of a sudden I'm no longer to start Delphi 2010 if have started it once before Upon starting the second time (after closing the first time) I get this error Cannot create file "C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\EditorLineEnds.ttr". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The file is definitely not being used by another process. At this point only restarting Windows allows re-starting Delphi 2010. Any idea what may be causing this? Thanks in advance, Gerrit Beuze ModelMaker Tools > > maybe this ...

netfiledir in IDE Delphi 2007
Hi All I am running D2007 on vista with paradox tables via the BDE. (I know - can't live with it and can't shoot it). In BDEADMIN I have changed the Netfiledir to C:\TEMP and my app changes the netfiledir in code so it works fine BUT When I try to open a query in the ide in design-time I get the permission denied error writing C:\PDOXUSRS.NET Why does Delphi ignore the BDEADMIN setting or where can I change the default for the IDE? Thanks Tony "Tony Christiansen" <tony@adegroup.com.au> wrote in message news:202121@forums.codegear.com... > Hi ...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Access violation in module vcl100.bpl
I have an application using several forms and databases using the BDE. I get random access violations on XP machines where deployed whether the user is interacting or not. Error: Access violation at address 2015F54C in module 'vcl100.bpl'. Read of address 00000004. Always the same error/address. C++ Builder 2007 .. Read of address 00000004. Always the same error/address. > C++ Builder 2007 When I got this error, the reason is always that the object is not created yet when some code tried to use it. Check the order of creation can help. ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi 2007 IDE freezing randomly
Often I will do a build all, get an error, and before I can even right click on that line to save the error message the IDE starts building again, so the message is lost, scrolling up out of view. I am reduced to doing a print screen to capture the error message. I also keep a good book nearby to read whilst I await the return of the IDE. It seems like the IDE has a bad case of ADHD and will only reply to my clicks when it's good and ready. Has anybody else seen this problem? I am using Windows 7 and quietly going nuts fighting this problem. The phrase "background compilation&...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

Delphi 2009 error starting IDE
Hi all, When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. "Stream read error" I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. Thanks all > {quote:title=Hendrik Declercq wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > When I try to start my D2009 I always get the same error. > > "Stream read error" > > I've already tried to reinstall using the administrator account, doesn't work. > > Thanks all Have you installed D2009 alongside another version of Delphi. Or on a system that has h...

Delphi IDE not starting- Process monitor log
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_1b94c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Here is a Process Monitor log captured when attempting to start Delphi 2009. --JivePart=_1b94c.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="Logfile.CSV" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Logfile.CSV" 77u/IlRpbWUgb2YgRGF5IiwiUHJvY2VzcyBOYW1lIiwiUElEIiwiT3BlcmF0aW9uIiwiUGF0aC...

Web resources about - access violation in module vcl100.bpl when starting Delphi 2007 IDE - embarcadero.delphi.ide

CP violation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In particle physics , CP violation is a violation of the postulated CP-symmetry : the combination of C-symmetry ( charge conjugation symmetry) ...

James-O'Keefe-Parole-Violations - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
James O'Keefe, liar and scam artist, has been spotted in NYC in violation of his parole in Lousiana.

Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube
Civil Rights Violation on Video Pledge and Invocation - YouTube

UAE Police issue more than 25,000 traffic violations involving lorries in Q1 of 2014 - The National
Police said several people have been killed in accidents involving lorries so far this year.

Russia closes 12 McDonald's restaurants over hygiene violations
Russia has temporarily closed 12 branches of McDonald's on health grounds and is carrying out more than 100 inspections, the US fast food chain ...

CFMEU implicated in threats against Melbourne contractor and site entry violations
Victoria's powerful construction union allegedly told a company it is on a &quot;hit list&quot; and would suffer industrial strife as payback ...

Report alleges labour violations at Apple supplier in China
Report claims dangerous conditions, labour violations at another Apple plant.

Hints of Eurovision vote violation against Russia
The head of Azerbaijan's state broadcaster has questioned the vote tally in the Eurovision Song Contest where it embarrassingly gave "nul points" ...

Nick Kyrgios issued code violation at Japan Open - The Courier-Mail Search Search
NICK Kyrgios has hit out at the Australian media following his loss to Frenchman Benoit Paire at the Japan Open on the weekend.