"Validating install" for ages on Delphi 2009 update3 on Win7-RC

I am trying to install Delphi2009 update3/update4 on my Win7 RC test
machine and it has been on the "validating install" part of update 3 for
about an hour and a bit, and from the little green bar it looks like
it's about 35% done.

WHAT on earth is this crazy installer doing?

Warren

Warren Postma wrote:

> WHAT on earth is this crazy installer doing?

It might be wondering if you are installing as an Administrator....?

--
Nick Hodges
RAD Studio R&D Manager - Embarcadero
> {quote:title=Warren Postma wrote:}{quote}
> I am trying to install Delphi2009 update3/update4 on my Win7 RC test
> machine and it has been on the "validating install" part of update 3 for
> about an hour and a bit, and from the little green bar it looks like
> it's about 35% done.

I remember getting this only once. After killing the setup process and re running the installer everything went right.
I did D2009 installation on both Win 7 x86 and x64 build 7100. FWIW whole product was installed really quickly (less then 10min).

ps : are you installing the update 3/4 over your existing version or are you installing again from the june 2009 ISO ? (http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/26937)
0
Stephane
6/12/2009 6:39:53 PM
It eventually completed. It took over 2 hours.

I was running as an Administrator account but in Win7 with the new UAC
something else might be snagging, at the security level. (Which would
be beyond the setup.exe's ability to do anything about).

Warren

Delphi 2009 "" is not a valid integer
I'm using Delphi 2009 Pro on Windows XP Home SP3. When I load a project (either upgrading from Delphi 7 or using a Delphi 2009 Demo project from IDBAC) I get an error box stating "" is not a valid integer when I select the project choice from the menu bar. All menu bar options then freeze and bds then takes 100% of the cpu cycles. I have to shut this down with taskmanager. I've tried uninstalling D2009 and reinstalling but the problem persists. Infact the uninstall does not seem to completely uninstall since my preferences show up again in the newly installed D2...

Delphi 2010 IDE throws error on "find" and "find in files"
I will greatly appreciate any advice how to cure the suddenly appeared misbehaviour: I just loaded the main project file and then tried to find code snippets fore re-use with "find" and "find in files" the Eurekalog extract is: 2.2 Address : 20EB30B6 2.3 Module Name : vclide140.bpl - (Integrated Development Environment Specific Components) 2.4 Module Version: 14.0.3593.25826 2.5 Type : EOutOfResources 2.6 Message : Unable to insert a line. 2.7 ID : 61FB 2.8 Count : 1 2.9 Status ...

Delphi 2009 IDE
Hi all, I just installed Delphi 2009 on to my Windows 7 laptop. I have several license keys for this, and am installing off of their CD. The installation finished, and the product is registered/activated, but when I try to run it an error pops up saying "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key". It sounds like the key didn't save or it didn't install properly. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? I'm running it as administrator, too. Thanks Same problem! > {quote:title=Ryan Cole wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > I just install...

Installing Update 3 on Delphi 2009 giving "insufficient privileges" error
I just applying Update 3 on Delphi2009 but received this error by the installer "insufficient privileges" on updating quite a few of files. The IDE will then throw hundred of exceptions during load-up! > {quote:title=b t wrote:}{quote} > I just applying Update 3 on Delphi2009 but received this error by the installer "insufficient privileges" on updating quite a few of files. > The IDE will then throw hundred of exceptions during load-up! At least make an effort to provide enough information for people to help you. Are you running on Vista? If so, you c...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

Delphi 2007 assert
The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 Any way I can patch this out? CodeGearâ„¢ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 El 18/01/2014 21:48, Michael Leahy escribió: > The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... > > "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 > > Any way I can patch this out? > > CodeGearâ„¢ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 > An unofficial fix fo...

Delphi 2009 "Check for updates" not working
Hi All, I have just got a new laptop and have only just installed Delphi 2009 onto my machine and have registered it. Now I know there are updates available, however when I run the "Check for updates" tool it says there is nothing to do. The about screen lists no updates as being installed. Any ideas as to what is happening? I am running Windows 7 64bit. Cheers > {quote:title=Tristan Leask wrote:}{quote} > I have just got a new laptop and have only just installed Delphi 2009 onto my machine and have registered it. Now I know there are updates available, however ...

Firebird "driver" for Delphi 2009 Pro?
Is there a Firebird 2.X Driver that will work with Delphi 2009 Pro out there yet? All the sites I looked at didn't seem to explicitly say they had a 2009 version yet. I need it for a middle tier so I think that rules out DBExpress seeing I have the pro version of Delphi 2009. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks, Curt Curt Krueger wrote: > Is there a Firebird 2.X Driver that will work with Delphi 2009 Pro out there > yet? All the sites I looked at didn't seem to explicitly say they had a > 2009 version yet. > > I need it for a middle tier so I th...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

ValidationGroup "group1", "group2" and "" (empty)
hi,i have 2 validationgroup (group1, group2 - 3 groups with the empty one) and 3 buttons. when i click the button at the end i wanted to validate group1, group2 and the empty one on client side and server side, but it does only validate the requiredfieldvalidator with the empty validationgroup property. 1) how can i validate all on client AND server side?2) how can i validate group1 and group2 (without the empty one) on client and server?Here is my code snippet: <div> <!-- group1 --> <asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txtTest"></asp:TextBox&...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Web resources about - "Validating install" for ages on Delphi 2009 update3 on Win7-RC - embarcadero.delphi.ide