[DCC Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'Vcl50' not found

I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime packages" which includes Vcl50.
0
Karthik

Karthik K wrote:

> I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using
> Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime
> packages" which includes Vcl50.

A project compiled in XE should be using the current VCL package, not
vcl50.bpl which only works with Delphi 5.

--
-Mike (TeamB)
0
On 6/11/2010 7:17 AM, Karthik K wrote:
> I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime packages" which includes Vcl50.
This shouldn't happen with a standard exe project (if you don't have
build with runtime packages), so I'll guess that you are trying to build
a bpl package. To fix the error, look at the "requires" section of the
package source - make sure it has vcl and rtl specified, not vcl50 / rtl50.

HTH
Andrew
0
Andrew
11/5/2010 9:04:29 PM
Karthik K wrote:

> I am trying to compile a project that was coded in Delphi 5 using
> Delphi XE. I get that error even though I select "Build with runtime
> packages" which includes Vcl50.

Borland (at that time) changed the way the IDE refers to the stock
packages some version after D5. Packages are version-dependent, so each
time you move a project to a new compiler version you have to go over
the project's package list and change the name of version-specific
packages. To avoid that at least for the stock packages that come with
Delphi a mechanism was introduced that allows you to name the package
without the version suffic in the package list, e.g. "vcl" instead of
"vcl50". The compiler/linker is able to figure out the correct bpl
version to use.

In your case your package list does still contain the old
version-specific names. You have to change them by removing the version
number suffix. The same applies to the "requires" clause of package
projects.

Here is an older post with some advice on how best to move a Delphi
project to a new version:

Moving projects to a new Delphi version with keeping the old project

> what are the rules for moving a project from D2007 to D2009, or more
> specifically copying one so that I can keep my D2007 version of the
> project working OK.

> I currently have a D2007 project with 1 exe and 4 packages (ignoring
> third party components for now), it has a folder structure like .....
> \Data11\myproject\Source \Data11\myproject\DCU
> with all the source files (i.e. PAS/DFM) in the "\Source" folder,
> DCUs are output to the "\DCU" folder and the EXE and  BPLs are output
> to the "\Data\myproject\" folder.

> This all seems to work fine. When I installed D2009 I figured I could
> copy the stuff into an equivalent structure ....
> \Data12\myproject\Source \Data12\myproject\DCU

Copy only the source files and leave the other folders empty for a
start. Then delete all non-source files for the project (bdsproj,
dsk, cfg) from the new source folder. Using another editor (notepad
will do), open the exe's DPR file and check the Uses clause for path
references that are no longer valid. Correct them.

For the package projects you need to rename them to a name different
from the D2007 names since two versions of the same package cannot
coexists on a system without potential conflict. Package names should
include the Delphi version they are build with, like the system Borland
has introduced for the Delphi packages years back. YOu need to change
both the package dsk file name and the name used inside the dpk file,
again using Notepad. While you're at it, check the contains clause for
invalid path references and the requires clause for references to D2007
packages.

After this preparatory work you can open the EXE project using the dpr
file, call up the project options and configure as needed. Check the
"use as default" checkbox on the bottom left of the options dialog.
Then add the dpk files for the package projects to the project group
and configure each project's options as needed.

This process may look like more work than trying to reuse the old
bdsproj files (and it is), but it is much less prone to problems with
left-over references to the D2007 project, which can be very confusing
and hard to find.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Error E2202 Required Package 'vcl50' not found
Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i installed a lot of packages and components and is so easy but in DELPHI XE is a big deal ... how can i install the vcl50 to install the compent ... or where i can downloaded ... thx for your time. Miguel Guzman wrote: > Hi, the problem is with DELPHI XE im trying to install the component > IBOQUERY with the package IBO40ART.dpk but when i did COMPILE, pop > the error. i work with delphi 2007 and i instal...

XE5/7 Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found
This compile time error (Fatal Error E2202 Required package 'IPIndyImpl' not found) occurs only in XE6/7 (Enterprise) but not in XE2. I've looked over all the code and there all no calls to Indy components (nor to any Web-related components/methods/properties). How can I go about tracing the source of this error? Thank you, Larry X ...

"E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" Error with XE2.
So I installed XE2, and all of the 3rd party component automated installs worked fine. But when I try to manually install other 3rd party components (that don't have an automated installer), I get the "E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found" error. I have tried uninstalling XE2, reinstalling, repairing, modifying, etc. but still get the same error message. Any ideas? Steve Problem solved. I found that the following paths were missing from the library path: * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\debug * d:\delphixe2\lib\win32\release * d:\delphixe2\lib\win64\debug * d:...

E2202 Required package 'designide' not found
I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6. When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed. Any ideas? Phil Sanfilippo wrote: > I am trying to import into XE5 an ActiveX control previously used in D6. When the .bpl is installed the build fails and the message ' [dcc32] E2202 Required package 'designide' not found' is displayed. Any ideas? The D6 code is incorrectly pulling in design time code. You need to segregate the design time code in...

Error 2202: Required package 'VCL' not found
I get this error in Delphi XE6 when I try to build an old package based on the VCL. I put the VCL source folder into my library path but that did not help. I did not have the right folder listed in the library path. Problem fixed. ...

Trying to upgrade Indy10, E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found
Hi I open IndySystem120.dpk It tells me that it will upgrade from 2007 I say ok. In project manager I now have IndySystem120 bpl I right-click that and chose compile, but I get a fatal error: [DCC Fatal Error] IndySystem120.dpk(30): E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found $(BDS)\lib;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports; $(BDS)\Lib\Indy10;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp; Is the first part of the search path I can see when I want to add a file and I know that rtl.dcp is in $(BDS)\lib This is in my registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CodeGear\BDS\6.0] "RootDir"...

''''''''''''''''''''

E2202 Required package 'rtl' not found -- D2009 can you help please
Have reinstalled D2009 on a fresh PC after hard disk failure and now cannot compile any package at all, always get the above error message. Feel stupid as I've been programing in Turbo Pascal, Borland Pascal and Delphi every day apart from holidays since the mid 80s but cannot think what to do and cannot find out via the Help. I have tried putting "C:\Program Files\CodeGear\RAD Studio\6.0\lib" into Environment Options | Delphi Options | Library- Win32 | DCP output directory, to no avail. Any help mighty welcome! Thanks -- Mike > {quote:title=Michael Scott wrote:}{quote} &...

'''''

[DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or bin
can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP Robert Petersson wrote: > can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP Usually this is caused by the library path ge...

[DCC Fatal Error] Project2.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or bi
Sorry for the X post, but my install is dead (as in not working) and the other post is a week old. I had trouble installing D2009, problem with the unpacker creating 0 length files, I think it was somethign to do with downloading installer into compressed folder. That was all sorted. Then I left the install for a while and am not sure if I ever compiled a project. I went to use it a couple of weeks ago and got the error in the subject on build or run. The ide works fine, just can't build / run any app. Tools | Options - Library path: $(BDS)\lib;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDS)\Lib\Indy1...

[DCC Fatal Error] Unit2.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'Data.DBXMySQL.dcu' [Edit]
Very simple android project....drop the tsqlconnection from dbexpress palette and compiled...I get this error: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit2.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'Data.DBXMySQL.dcu' Any idea? PS: Rad Studio XE 5 Edited by: Michele Costantino on Oct 1, 2013 12:01 PM Edited by: Michele Costantino on Oct 1, 2013 12:03 PM Michele Costantino wrote: > Very simple android project....drop the tsqlconnection from dbexpress palette and compiled...I get this error: > > [DCC Fatal Error] Unit2.pas(7): F1026 File not found: 'Data.DBXMySQL.dcu' > > A...

HELP!! [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' [Edit]
I can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best regards RP Edited by: Robert Petersson on Sep 22, 2012 10:17 AM Robert Petersson wrote: > I can`t understand why i get this XE2 ERROR [DCC Fatal Error] SDIAPP.DPR(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu). I made a new install yesterday. I have had this ERROR before but i cant remeber how i solved it Best...

[DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) C++ Builder 2009
Hi All, Running the latest version of C++ Builder 2009 pro. I can create a project and it compiles fine. If a then add any .pas file to the project I always get the following error (in this example it was the RegExpr.pas file, but any .pas added to the project causes it: [DCC Fatal Error] RegExpr.pas(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu) I have not knowingly changed any compile settings and system.pas exists and is in the paths. Any ideas? Thanks muchly, Phil. Hello, Phil Read wrote: > system.pas exists and is in the pat...