Which VCL to use

Hello guys,

May i know what VCL Components avaiable to do the following task

I'me having advertisement magazine published every week.
We publish text and image advertisement.
We use Adobe InDeisign to design the pages in the magazine.
Now we need to make software to reduce the time in designing.
My magazine page size is 30 x 100 cm.

We are going to make a software that will take details of advertisements
from the user and align on the page. And with one click of a button the
program gives output in pdf, jpg or whatever format.

The program should automatically adjust the ads for page and we should have
options to move freely drag and align the ads over the page, just like a
"drawing surface".

?. A Drawing Surface to drag & drop the images onto it. Able to aligh images
programmatically.

Kind Regards
0
tom
4/11/2010 7:13:26 PM
embarcadero.delphi.graphics 928 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anyone...
0
tom
4/12/2010 8:42:47 AM
Hello,

I think it's not easy to make your own publishing program that works better than
dedicated software like Adobe InDesign. Why is this software so time consuming?

With a quick search I found this:

http://www.simdesign.nl/dtpdocuments.html

greets.
0
Robert
4/12/2010 9:37:45 AM
"tom mario" <tommario@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
> May i know what VCL Components avaiable to do the following task
> ?. A Drawing Surface to drag & drop the images onto it. Able to aligh
> images
> programmatically.

How is this not already available via the drawing features in TCanvas?
0
Joe
4/12/2010 6:56:37 PM
tom mario wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> May i know what VCL Components avaiable to do the following task
>
> I'me having advertisement magazine published every week.
> We publish text and image advertisement.
> We use Adobe InDeisign to design the pages in the magazine.
> Now we need to make software to reduce the time in designing.
> My magazine page size is 30 x 100 cm.
>
> We are going to make a software that will take details of advertisements
> from the user and align on the page. And with one click of a button the
> program gives output in pdf, jpg or whatever format.
>
> The program should automatically adjust the ads for page and we should have
> options to move freely drag and align the ads over the page, just like a
> "drawing surface".
>
> ?. A Drawing Surface to drag & drop the images onto it. Able to aligh images
> programmatically.
>
> Kind Regards
The ideas you have given here is great. You will need to do quite a bit
of programming to achieve the effect you are looking for.

Give ImageEn a try. We have used it in our ID card maker and it works
just superbly. check out
http://www.hi-components.com/ndownloads_imageen.asp.

I think you will have to combine more than one component to achieve what
you want. I suggest you to use DTP Dcoument and ImageEn.

HTH
0
Yogi

To use or not to use Delphi

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Actuall thread about vcl classes / components in C++ for use with delphi...
Hi All, I wanted to follow the topic that appears as a 'sub-thread' above... suspecting it would die... I'm sure many of us are interested in this topic. ( by 'sure' I mean absolutely certain...) It also brings to my mind the question, does anyone know of any references for us semi-delphi-literate C++ programmers that would like to read/write/modify delphi stuff? Thanks Everyone, (you know who you are... B) Bruce ...

Delphi 6
In preparation for applying a bug fix to one of the VCL modules (AxCtrls.pas), I have been trying to compile the original source code for the module in order to reproduce exactly the existing dcu. I have copied AxCtrls.pas to an empty directory, and have found that doing: dcc32 -q AxCtrls -$D- -$L- gives me a dcu which is identical in size to the one on Delphi6/Lib, with identical contents except for a few bytes near the beginning, which I assume are a compliation timestamp. However, I have been unsuccessful in duplicating the debug dcu in Delphi6/Lib/Debug. Using "-$D+ -$L+&q...

Delphi XE8 Send Notification from Parse using VCL app
Hello, I am learning the new Baas technology with XE8. I created a small app to receive notification on Android mobiles using Parse. Everything is working fine when the notification message is sent from Parse web site. However when my VCL app send the notification with BackendPush component, nothing is coming in mobile phone. The messages are sending correctly because I can see them on Parse site. Their status is different than the one sent from Parse . Here are my VCL messages Status on Parse: Type: API, target: Chanels. When sent on Parse site: Type : Campaign, Target: Everyone...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Need info on Game type graphics using Win 7 64 and Delphi XE
Hi all, I'm trying to educate myself from the bottom up on Game design and programming with Delphi XE, its capabilities and comparison to other languages. Specifically I would like to find a way to incorporate the maps for large sandbox environments into a utility feature that would allow owners of a game to load maps up and move about them, navigating and seeing them exactly as they appear in the original game. Such would be useful for commanders to plan team assaults in games like CoD or Battlefield. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck in my research so far. E...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7?
I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or Activex. What type of knowege or Skill I must know it. Can anyone tell us? from DRAOGN Can you explain what type of component you want to create? You may not need to a) build your own, or b) use Delphi. If the component should be used from within a PB application, you ought to use PB to develop it unless it is something that PB does not let you do. regards, Bill DRAGON wrote: > I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or > Activex. > What type of knowege or Skill I ...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Using Using
I have just completed reading a chapter in my book on performance. The books says to speed up performance on your web site you should use the using statement when opening connections. My question is how do you catch errors if you are using this as apposed to a try catch block.thanksBryan  Why would you use it as an alternative to a try/catch statement. Couldn't you just do something like  public void UsingSomeMethod() { try { SomeMethod(); } catch(SomeException e) { /// do something useful }}public void SomeMethod() { using (Something) { ...

Delphi IS the VCL
Delphi IS the VCL! Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. What was I thinking? I know! they got me too. Don't know what I was thinking. :) > {quote:title=Jay Faubion wrote:}{quote} > Delphi IS the VCL! > > Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. > > What was I thinking? Jay Faubion wrote: > Delphi IS the VCL! > TButton Forever! ;-) W Jay Faubion wrote: > What was I thinking? Wasn't it called CLX ? Turbo Vision -> OWL -> VCL -> CLX -> Winforms -> ...... (to be continued) -- ...

How to use a .dmp file for a system which crashes using a delphi app
Hi, I put this post here because I am not sure of the best location. I have been given a memory dump (.dmp) file by a client who thinks that a Delphi 7 application is causing their system to blue screen from time to time. Does anyone know how I can use this .dmp file to locate the problem in the delphi app? The build the client is using has debug symbols turned on. I have downloaded Microsoft Debugging Tools for windows and have dupmchk.exe (and kd.exe) but I would really appreciate some help with how these or any other useful tools should be used? Many thanks Ben > I have down...

Web resources about - Which VCL to use - embarcadero.delphi.graphics

Christmas Eve forecast: More rain, record-breaking highs in Charlotte region
Dallas Morning News Christmas Eve forecast: More rain, record-breaking highs in Charlotte region Charlotte Observer You'll need to keep your ...

Imam claims US has enacted the policies of Donald Trump 'before he has received a vote'
Ajmal Masroor, 44, from north London, claims he was banned from boarding a Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow to New York last week by US embassy ...

US: Ted Cruz blasts Washington Post over cartoon showing daughters as dancing monkeys
The newspaper eventually withdrew the cartoon from its website on 23 December.

Suspect in Vegas Strip Crash Is Distraught, Attorney Says
ABC News Suspect in Vegas Strip Crash Is Distraught, Attorney Says ABC News Lakeisha Nicole Holloway enters district court with one of her ...

Activist: Mall of America protest 'decoy' for airport block
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Mall of America was used as "a decoy" to start a protest that quickly moved to Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport ...

British PM to 'Look Into' US Denial of Entry to British Muslims
Voice of America British PM to 'Look Into' US Denial of Entry to British Muslims Voice of America December 24, 2015 1:11 AM. British Prime ...

Steve Harvey’s Miss Universe Blunder Gets ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Treatment
It was only a matter of time. We may never know why Steve Harvey mistakenly named Miss Colombia the winner of Sunday’s Miss Universe pageant, ...

Planned Parenthood shooter wants to act as own lawyer
Washington Post Planned Parenthood shooter wants to act as own lawyer Charlotte Observer El Paso County District Attorney Dan May, center, ...

The airing of the automotive grievances
Filed under: Etc. , Humor , Videos As is a Festivus tradition, the Autoblog editors air some of their automotive grievances. We've got a lot ...

Illinois Attorney General Says DraftKings And FanDuel Are Illegal Under State Law
In the words of DJ Khaled: “Another One!” Jumping on the daily fantasy sports bandwagon, Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan has joined NY ...