Direct2D, new header file D2d1_1 available?

I am using Direct2D in with Delphi XE2 and Win 7. Lately Microsoft released the platform update, so Win 7 now supports some/all(?) Direct2D functions from Win 8. Does anybody has the new header file D2D1 (d2d1_1.h) translated into a PAS file? Special interest are printing related, i.e. ID2D1PrintControl, ID2D1DeviceContext etc.
1
Thomas
3/22/2013 12:11:38 PM
embarcadero.delphi.graphics 928 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am also very interested in using the new render image capabilities of Direct2D:  ID2D1DeviceContext::DrawImage and D2D1_INTERPOLATION_MODE_CUBIC that are possible with Win 7 platform update and Win 8.  That's why upgrated my Delphi XE2 to XE5 thinking that Embarcadero implemented the latest changes in Direct2D into Delphi XE5.  I was very disappointed when I realized after I bought XE5 that they did not!!!  I wouldn't have bought Delphi XE5 if I knew this beforehand.

> {quote:title=Thomas Roehrich wrote:}{quote}
> I am using Direct2D in with Delphi XE2 and Win 7. Lately Microsoft released the platform update, so Win 7 now supports some/all(?) Direct2D functions from Win 8. Does anybody has the new header file D2D1 (d2d1_1.h) translated into a PAS file? Special interest are printing related, i.e. ID2D1PrintControl, ID2D1DeviceContext etc.
0
Adrian
12/25/2013 10:06:27 PM
Adrian wrote:

> I am also very interested in using the new render image capabilities
> of Direct2D:  ID2D1DeviceContext::DrawImage and
> D2D1_INTERPOLATION_MODE_CUBIC that are possible with Win 7
> platform update and Win 8.

What is stopping you from defining the relevant interfaces/constants in your
own code?  You don't need Embarcadero to define everything in order to use
newer functionality.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Adrian Bonev wrote:}{quote}
> I am also very interested in using the new render image capabilities of Direct2D:  ID2D1DeviceContext::DrawImage and D2D1_INTERPOLATION_MODE_CUBIC that are possible with Win 7 platform update and Win 8.  That's why upgrated my Delphi XE2 to XE5 thinking that Embarcadero implemented the latest changes in Direct2D into Delphi XE5.  I was very disappointed when I realized after I bought XE5 that they did not!!!  I wouldn't have bought Delphi XE5 if I knew this beforehand.
>
> > {quote:title=Thomas Roehrich wrote:}{quote}
> > I am using Direct2D in with Delphi XE2 and Win 7. Lately Microsoft released the platform update, so Win 7 now supports some/all(?) Direct2D functions from Win 8. Does anybody has the new header file D2D1 (d2d1_1.h) translated into a PAS file? Special interest are printing related, i.e. ID2D1PrintControl, ID2D1DeviceContext etc.
0
Thomas
> Adrian wrote:
>
> > I am also very interested in using the new render image capabilities
> > of Direct2D:  ID2D1DeviceContext::DrawImage and
> > D2D1_INTERPOLATION_MODE_CUBIC that are possible with Win 7
> > platform update and Win 8.
>
> What is stopping you from defining the relevant interfaces/constants in your
> own code?  You don't need Embarcadero to define everything in order to use
> newer functionality.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

This is not fair answer. Your advice is everyone translate it yourself?
Let's ask the same question around: what's stopping Embarcadero from translating d2d1_2.h?

You promise to deliver Winapi, so do it. New interfaces are available since two years, and there have been two versions of RAD studio (correct me if I'm wrong) ignoring them.

I know you have to care for mobile-mania at the moment, but does is mean all hands are busy with Android?
It is not rocket science - I suppose .h translation is not done by hand, so why it takes so much time?
0
Wojciech

converting delphi interface files to c++ header files?
Good day all If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never worked with Delphi. I have a project in c++ that uses a bunch of dll-s written in delphi. Those dll.s came with a bunch of .INT files, who are aparently pascal(delphi) interface files. Now. Is there a way to convert them to something remotely looking like c++ header files? Thank you very much Best regards > {quote:title=Luka Sostar wrote:}{quote} > Good day all > > If you would all be so kind and bear with me: i'm rather new in this and i've never work...

File Upload Problem
Hi Everyone,I was grateful to be able to download the code for uploading files into a folder from Sreedhar's web page. The code works well, but whenever there is another new file with the same file name being uploaded into the destination folder, the old file will be replaced. I am wondering if there is any way to solve this problem (How about adding a number to the new file's name, e.g. File1.doc, if there is an existing File.doc?) I am an absolute beginner and any help is deeply appreciated.The original code is as follows: <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/MasterP...

File->New->Project vs File-New->Website
Can anyone tell me what the difference between these options are? Which option is the best practice if I am going to create a VB ASP.NET website? I am noticing that when you create a new website, the solution gets put in C:\Docum~1\VS2005 etc... but let's say I create my project under a totally different folder... well I have to go and Save As for the solution in order to check it into Source Safe properly. However, if you do a File->New Project with an ASP.NET option set, you get the option to import the solution file with the project at project creation. Thanks. Hi czuvich,  &nb...

VS.NET Whidbey on LH; No File/New/Project nor File/New/Solution
I've installed Longhorn, then VS.NET Whidbey (from the Whidbey DVD); then the MSDN Library for Whidbey; then the Longhorn SDK. When I open VS.NET the only File menu option I get for creating anything is New File ... A little lower on the File menu is New Web Site ... But no File/New/Project or Solution? Is there an install or configuration option I missed? As my understanding in alpha it is not there. But you can create a "new solution"!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti What profile did you apply when you installed? You may want to ...

New Adaware Ref file available

New image files not available as resources...
Some of you may have read my other thread about getting images loaded to PB11 Webforms. That issue (see earlier thread) has been resolved (thanks to Arul and Paul Horan); but it does now lead to my next issue. I can now upload images and have them remain in the target directory. However, once an image file (.bmp,.jpg) has been uploaded, it cannot be used as a resource to the Webform Application until the next time the application is deployed. This is despite the fact that in the Resource Files tab of the project painter, the folder in which these files are stored is listed. D...

How to change config file for new file path of sybase files
I am a complete newbie to sybase (I'm really a microsoft sql server admin who just got a sybase db to admin). We had sybase running on one linux server and we ran out of space on that one. So, we moved the files over to a new linux server under a new filepath for the files. Now, even though I can navigate to the RUN files I can't start sybase on the new server. I'm assuming there is some config file out there that I can change the path to it to but I can't find it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 11:13:46 -0700, techgrl wrote: > I am a c...

New TV Quality Media Files Available
Gang, For those of you who enjoyed the 7-9 megabyte "Net Compatible" WMV TechTV media clips, but who wanted something that would be useful for viewing Full Screen or storing onto a CD ... Here are 100% Video CD (NTSC VCD) compatible MPEG1 files: http://image.grc.com/media/SpinRite_6_With_Leo.mpg 115 Mb http://image.grc.com/media/NAT_Router_Firewalls.mpg 102 Mb http://image.grc.com/media/Buffer_Overruns.mpg 96 Mb http://image.grc.com/media/How_The_Internet_Works.mpg 95 Mb Each file is the exact format and bitrate of a standard CD, so if you have VideoC...

Configuration File Versus New HTTP Headers
It's great to see this happen; I've read over the proposal and draft and it sounds like the right things are identified. One quick question: why do this as a set of HTTP headers and not as a simple configuration file, such as the crossdomain.xml file that Flash does? The reason I say this is that usually those who can control HTTP headers and those who write HTML are two very different groups. Not saying that HTTP is bad just wondering if you had gone through the thought process of having this configuration be in something like a crossdomain.xml type file. Best, Brad Neub...

Changing filelds available when filing new bugs
I would like to have the "target milestone" show up when filing a new bug so that people can fill that in at the time they file the bug.=20 =20 I know that now, they can go back and edit the bug and change the target milestone from the default, but if there is a way to make this field available on the new bug screen so they don't have to go back and edit a bug they just filed, that would be great.=20 =20 Bill =20 =20 =20 ...

NEW NEW NEW
hi I have a huge form to build on an asp.net page with multiple fields  that come from and also connect to (postback=true) 10 different tables{database is access for now } .which controls would be helpful please suggest. Also how about usign infopath to build forms and hosting it on iis is it feasible..please advice. Thanks in advance Environment: Visual studio 2005 ,iis webserver,ms access,Thanks to all the PROS who are helping other developers.. Hi, For ASP.NET 2.0 Hosting purpose I am currently using GoDaddy.com. And satisfied with the service.RegardsKuldeep Deokule&nbs...

new ad aware (6) ref file available
click on "check for updates now" cheers, BRM "Bicycle Repair Man" <no.reply@all.no> wrote in news:b22m53$1693$1 @news.grc.com: > click on "check for updates now" I'm showing "No updated components available". (A-A 6 Personal) today. My existing file is 05.02.2003 Are you seeing something newer than that? "Mark V" <invalid@notvalid.net> wrote in message news:Xns931C8A9933C73z9zzaQ2btw@204.1.226.226 > "Bicycle Repair Man" <no.reply@all.no> wrote in news:b22m53$1693$1 > @news.g...

How to add new entries in the Hosts File with Delphi [Edit]
I have started a project. I just need this one thing. How to add new entries in the hosts file using delphi. I search all over google and find none. I am hopeful that someone could help me giving me codes or instruction to add new entries like websites to be blocked. For Delphi programmers this is so easy So please help me for this Thanks in Advanced Edited by: Jhefrey Sajot on Feb 9, 2014 2:39 AM Jhefrey wrote: > I have started a project. I just need this one thing. How to add new > entries in the hosts file using delphi. It is a plain ordinary text file. Wh...

delphi can create .obj or C++ header files too?
the question is the topic. im inside delphi > Dynamic Link Library > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802543/shots/delphi.png Goga Goge wrote: > the question is the topic. > > im inside delphi > Dynamic Link Library > > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802543/shots/delphi.png Yes, for use with C++Builder. It is not C++Builder or its compiler that generates headers and .obj files, it is the Delphi compiler that does this. If you look at the command line options for DCC32, you'll see, among many other options, something like: -JPHNE = Generate C++ .obj file, ....

Delphi developers: Update for SpiderMonkey headers, new bridge class
Several months ago I released a code collection to facilitate Delphi<->SpiderMonkey interaction. I've since made several updates to those files, including bug fixes and whatnot, and have also constructed a bridge class that permits a TObject-only descendent to instantly interact with script and native code. The files are available at http://www.sterlingbates.com/delphi.asp When a TObject descends from the bridge class, all of its published properties and methods are exposed to the SpiderMonkey engine. With only a few lines of code, any TObject descendent's published...

[Delphi] Create new.exe file from my app.exe [Edit]
Hello! for example i have app.exe with one edit and button on button click i wana create new app2.exe with one button and on that button (app2.exe) click it will show me message (who was entered in edit1.text(in app.exe)) what should i looking for? dont have an idea.. Thank you ############# hm... another way i have app.exe with 2 forms and on button click its create newapp.exe same look like my app.exe form2 with buttons and rest stuf another words on button click extract/copy Form2 as Form2.exe from my app.exe Edited by: Ronaldo DeVinche on May 5, 2009 9:57 AM ...

Convert a Static Library ".a" header file to Delphi
Hi, I have bough the RedPark serial cable to connect my iPad to one of our product. I have very little knowledge of XCode and I am trying to interface the static library with Delphi Mobile and the Fire Monkey. I spent 2 days trying to understand how the conversion works but it seems I am missing something. Is there someone who can help me with an example on how to proceed. I believe I have the header file converted to delphi unit. The 2 files compile without error. I have a class for the delegate and I have the manager (see below). I have instantiate TRscMgr class but it seems th...

New installation Xe5 "Delphi personality not available"
Installed Delphi Xe5 yesterday. When i try open an project example I get this error. "Delphi personality not available" see printsceen https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13053112/Opensampleproject.jpg And I can not start a new one either. The File/New is almost empty. See printscreen https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13053112/new.jpg can anyone help me pls :) regards JJ Joachim wrote: > Installed Delphi Xe5 yesterday. When i try open an project > example I get this error. "Delphi personality not available" Sounds like you did not run the I...

Have Delphi 2010 Pro, XML Data Binding Wizard not in File | New | Other
What version of Delphi 2010 is required to have the XML Data Binding Wizard show up in File | New | Other? Or what modules need to be installed? I have Delphi 2010 Professional and I've seen other threads in this forum that say that version includes it but it's not in my New Items dialog. Thanks. "Tempus Software Development" wrote in message news:274910@forums.embarcadero.com... > What version of Delphi 2010 is required to have the XML Data Binding > Wizard show up in File | New | Other? Or what modules need to be > installed? > > I have Delph...

new version of program won't save graphics files
Name: keith trauner Email: trauner_at_optonline.net Product: Firefox Summary: new version of program won't save graphics files Comments: when you try to do a "save as" in the newest version of firefox 1.5.08, the dialog box acts as though the file has been saved, however the feature does not work. I have rebooted and tried again and it still does not work. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.8) Gecko/20061025 Firefox/1.5.0.8 ...

0127.0000 is now available, new definition file for Ad-Aware 2008
More Info > http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=21049 -- Randy http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx ...

0143.0001 is now available, new definition file for Ad-Aware 2008.
More at the Lavasoft Blog >=20 http://www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/blog/?p=3D325 --=20 Randy http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx ...

00142.0000 is now available, new definition file for Ad-Aware 2008.
More info here > http://www.lavasoft.com/support/securitycenter/blog/?p=3D320 --=20 Randy http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx ...

0126.0000 is now available, new definition file for Ad-Aware 2008.
More Info > http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=21032 -- Randy http://msmvps.com/blogs/siljaline/default.aspx ...

Web resources about - Direct2D, new header file D2d1_1 available? - embarcadero.delphi.graphics

Grammy Awards 2016: The Crazy (and Emotional!) Moments You Didn't See on TV
People Magazine Grammy Awards 2016: The Crazy (and Emotional!) Moments You Didn't See on TV People Magazine Another successful Grammy Awards ...

Samsung itself leaks Galaxy S7 vid, shows waterproof feat
While companies would prefer to keep a tight lid over their upcoming products, the memo doesn't always reach the farthest offices. And, of course, ...

United Nations: 50 Killed in Missile Strikes on Syrian Hospitals
Syrian Civil Defense rescuers run from the site of a second explosion near a Doctors Without Borders hospital in Syria on Monday. According ...

Here are the specs of the Lumia 650
Microsoft today unveiled the much-awaited Lumia 650. The device will be available for $200 in Europe starting this week, and it packs some interesting ...

Star Wars Episode VIII teaser launched after first day of shooting
For those who've not yet seen Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens , spoilers will follow. We've seen teaser trailers for teasers trailers ...

Watch: New TV Trailer for Disney's 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
"You've been gone too long, Alice. And do mind your step…" Disney debuted a new 90-second TV trailer for the Alice in Wonderland sequel during ...

Hillary Clinton Literally Starts Barking Like a Dog During Campaign Rally
TheBlaze.com Hillary Clinton Literally Starts Barking Like a Dog During Campaign Rally TheBlaze.com In yet another unusual moment on the campaign ...

Spitzer’s Accuser Apologizes for Fabricating Assault Story; Police Investigation Continues
The woman who accused Eliot Spitzer of assaulting her this Saturday admitted to fabricating her complaint, and returned to her native Russia, ...

Blizzard Has No Virtual Reality Plans At The Moment
Virtual reality is a buzzword these days in the technology field. Many big name companies are hopping on board the technology, like Sony, Facebook, ...

South Korea raises cyber attack warning amid heightened regional tensions
Following the North Korean long-range missile launch and the subsequent closing of the Kaesong Industrial Complex, South Korean government offices ...