Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010

I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010.  I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options.  After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon.  However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon.

I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything.  I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it.  Help!

RG
0
Robert
9/23/2010 4:54:50 PM
embarcadero.delphi.graphics 928 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Robert Gutierrez wrote:

> I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010.  I have attempted
> to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon
> in the Project Options.  After building the project, the exe file
> shows the new icon.  However, when I create a shortcut to my
> application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon.
>
> I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the
> RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't
> change anything.  I know I am missing something but I can't seem to
> find it.  Help!

The problem is the Windows shell's icon cache. Change the name of the
executable and i'm sure the new icon will be displayed. The shell
simply remembers which icon you used first for the application and is
too stupid to recognize the change...

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
> The shell simply remembers which icon you used first for the application and is
> too stupid to recognize the change...

Thanks for help.  You just have to wonder what MS was thinking when they didn't provide a way for the OS to recognize when a icon has changed.
0
Robert
9/24/2010 3:19:00 PM
Robert,

| You just have to wonder what MS was thinking when they didn't provide
| a way for the OS to recognize when a icon has changed.

I doubt that MS even "thinks."

09/24/2010 09:52:20

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE?
I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, but gives me an E2193 error when I try to compile it with Delphi XE Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE? {code} var i : Integer ; R : Double ; dArray : Array[0..24] of Double ; begin .... R := Math.Mean( System.Slice( dArray , i ) ); .... end; {code} Thanks On 30/09/2010 6:07 PM, Wayne Davis wrote: > I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, > but gives me an E2193 error...

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Web resources about - Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.graphics

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

Teens Migrating From Facebook To Comments Section Of Slow-Motion Deer Video - YouTube
Subscribe to The Onion on YouTube: http://bit.ly/xzrBUA Trendwatchers say more and more teens are leaving Facebook and Twitter in favor of the ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Record Numbers of New Zealanders Migrating to Australia
Acting on impulse: why the Kiwis keep coming ... and coming and coming

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Volunteers help Mulligans Flat migrating turtles through the fence over holidays
Volunteers help turtles running the gauntlet past fences, foxes and cars.

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...