XE4 VCL W8 METRO: Show Virtual Keyboard

Please show me how to show the virtual keyboard, the following code below does not work on my frmEditor:-

  {
  WM_CSKEYBOARD = WM_USER + 192;
  WM_CSKEYBOARDMOVE = WM_USER + 193;
  WM_CSKEYBOARDRESIZE = WM_USER + 197;

  // to show keyboard
  PostMessage(FindWindow('TFirstForm', 'hvkFirstForm'), WM_CSKEYBOARD, 1, 0);
  // to close keyboard
  PostMessage(FindWindow('TFirstForm', 'hvkFirstForm'), WM_CSKEYBOARD, 2, 0);
  // to fade keyboard
  PostMessage(FindWindow('TFirstForm', 'hvkFirstForm'), WM_CSKEYBOARD, 3, 0);
  // to toggle (show/hide) keyboard
  PostMessage(FindWindow('TFirstForm', 'hvkFirstForm'), WM_CSKEYBOARD, 4, 0);
  // to move keyboard (Left, Top - new position)
  PostMessage(FindWindow('TFirstForm', 'hvkFirstForm'), WM_CSKEYBOARDMOVE, Left, Top);
  // to resize keyboard
  PostMessage(FindWindow('TFirstForm', 'hvkFirstForm'), WM_CSKEYBOARDRESIZE, Width, Height);
  }
  PostMessage(frmEditor.Handle, WM_CSKEYBOARD, 4, 0);
0
Andrew

"Andrew Hill" wrote in message news:585730@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Please show me how to show the virtual keyboard, the following code below
> does not work on my frmEditor:-
>
>  {
>  WM_CSKEYBOARD = WM_USER + 192;
>  WM_CSKEYBOARDMOVE = WM_USER + 193;
>  WM_CSKEYBOARDRESIZE = WM_USER + 197;

Where did you get the above values? WM_USER is for allowing you to define
*your own* messages to post within your own apps, they will not tell Windows
to do anything.

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
Dopeler Effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come

http://hot-virtual-keyboard.com/
0
Wayne
6/9/2013 12:41:26 PM
> {quote:title=Wayne Niddery wrote:}{quote}
> http://forum.delphiarea.com/viewtopic.php?p=6731
>
> http://hot-virtual-keyboard.com/

Wayne, Can you show me in code how to show screen keyboard - Thanks
0
Andrew
6/10/2013 9:20:00 AM
Andrew Hill wrote:

> Can you show me in code how to show screen keyboard

Just execute osk.exe where you need.

But it is not so easy if your application is 32 bit on 64 bit OS:
osk.exe is 64 bit application in System32 which is not visible to 32
bit apps by default. (Perhaps MS already supplies 32 bit osk - I don't
know).

--
Alex
0
Alex wrote:

> Just execute osk.exe where you need.
>
> But it is not so easy if your application is 32 bit on 64 bit OS:
> osk.exe is 64 bit application in System32 which is not visible to
> 32 bit apps by default.

A 32-bit app can use the "SysNative" alias instead of the actual system32
folder path in order to run apps from the 64-bit system folder.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Wayne wrote:

> http://forum.delphiarea.com/viewtopic.php?p=6731

In particular, this comment in that discussion:

"The code you are using, is for controlling Hot Virtual Keyboard and doesn't
work for Windows on Screen Keyboard."

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> A 32-bit app can use the "SysNative" alias instead of the actual
> system32 folder path in order to run apps from the 64-bit system
> folder.

Have I to specify exact path (with SysNative) to see system 64 bit
utils in system32? Invocation of osk.exe without path was unsuccessful
and I had to use special utility to start the program. I know also that
it is possible to temporary disable sys32->syswow64 (where is no needed
program) redirection programmatically to see real sys32 contents.

--
Alex
0
Alex wrote:

> Have I to specify exact path (with SysNative) to see system 64 bit
> utils in system32?

You have to use the full path, simply replacing "System32" with "SysNative",
eg: "C:\Windows\SysNative\osk.exe".  This only works under the WOW64 emulator,
so you need to call IsWow64Process() to determine if your app is running
inside of WOW64 and if so then use "SysNative", otherwise use "System32"
instead.  To support multiple OS versions, it would be best that under WOW64,
use GetWindowsDirectory() (or equivilent CSIDL/KNOWNFOLDER funtion) and append
"SysNative" to the end of it, and use GetSystemDirectory() (or equivilent
CSIDL/KNOWNFOLDER function) otherwise.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

--
Alex
0

Show Virtual Keyboard.
Hello everybody, I wonder how to trigger the virtual keyboard , even with a keyboard connected to the tablet with android . Thank you . The global variable VKAutoShowMode is set to Always in the .dpr file: VKAutoShowMode := TVKAutoShowMode.Always; This means that the virtual (onscreen) keyboard appears automatically for Windows and mobile applications even if a device has a physical keyboard. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/CodeExamples/XE7/en/FMX.Mobile.ScrollableForm_Sample_%28Delphi%29 Hello Eli, Sorry for the delay Did not work , only the windows in the android keyboard a...

Android - Virtual Keyboard
By default when I click on TMemo Virtual Keyboard is shown. I'd like to have TMemo without auto-shown Virtual Keyboard, I set Hit Test to False, but now my TMemo is not scrollable :( How can I achieve scrollable TMemo without Virtual Keyboard? > {quote:title=Sebastian Kozub wrote:}{quote} > By default when I click on TMemo Virtual Keyboard is shown. > > I'd like to have TMemo without auto-shown Virtual Keyboard, I set Hit Test to False, but now my TMemo is not scrollable :( > > How can I achieve scrollable TMemo without Virtual Keyboard? Solved: ...

Delphi XE5 virtual keyboard
I Created a FireMonkey application with Delphi Mobile XE5 with a TWebBrowser-component that displays the site google.com to allow the user to perform a search. Unfortunately, the keyboard is only possible for componenents TEdit, there is a way to use it also for the text components that appear within the website? Thank you! ...

How to show or hide the Virtual Keyboard on demand?
FM2/XE3: I am looking for a way to show or hide the systems virtual keyboard with the design of choice (numbers, keys, keys+numpad...) under delphi firemonkey, since firemonkey does not support TTouchkeyboard. How can I manage to do this? (should run on Win7 and Win 8) The virtual KB is said to be supported under XE3, but I did not found any matching code. Also it was not possible to implement FMX.Platform... (?) Thank you in Advance! PS: Any Alternative to TTouchkeyboard for FM2 known already? Try to combine vkasAlways + vkasNever VKAutoShowMode := TVKAutoShowMode.vkasAl...

show/hide virtual keyboard on iOS
Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components? > {quote:title=Csaba Horvath wrote:}{quote} > Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components? i need to hi...

TFastLineSeries Missing in VCL in Delphi XE4
I just installed Delphi XE4 and my Application is using TChart component with the TFastLineSeries. When I open the form, Delphi says it can't find the TFastLineSeries. Does anyone have a solution for it? It seems that Steema has found the issue and published an fixed, but even the fixed does not work. The fix require tee918, and tee918 is not on my disk. So, I am stuck. Any clue? Marco Hi Marco, > {quote:title=Marco Constant wrote:}{quote} > I just installed Delphi XE4 and my Application is using TChart component with the TFastLineSeries. When I open the form, D...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Close Delphi XE4 Metro App With Touch
When you create a Metro application with Delphi XE4 it does not act like a normal Metro application because you can *not close the application with a finger swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen*. All of the Metro apps I have that came with windows actually close with touch this way. You are returned to the Start screen... then if you go to the desktop the app is no longer running. When you close a Delphi Metro application with a swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen it returns you to the Start screen. If you then go to the desktop.. the applicat...

Delphi XE5
Hey, I habe a problem. I created a new project with 2 textfields. When I set the focus on my smartphone to one of them, the virtual keyboard open and is shown over the textfield. Is there any way to "scroll up" the textfields, to have the vkeyboard below the textfields and not over it? Here are 2 screenshots: [http://i.imagebanana.com/img/a55t5ciw/Screenshot_20130920150032.png] [http://i.imagebanana.com/img/isi0gorw/Screenshot_20130920150037.png] David Kurz wrote: > Is there any way to "scroll up" the textfields, to have the vkeyboard below the text...

Delphi XE4
I am using Delphi XE4 on a Windows 7 Home edition (64 bit) computer. I have one VCL application that I want to compile as a 64 bit application, but I do not have the "Target Platform" option in the Project Manager. However, I do have it for other VCL applications. What can I look for in this particular application which would make Delphi think that I can't compile for a 64 bit system? Mark Anderson wrote: > I am using Delphi XE4 on a Windows 7 Home edition (64 bit) computer. I have one VCL application that I want to compile as a 64 bit application, but I do not have the...

XE4 delphi debugger shows wrong editor line
If something blows up, I am presented with a stack trace. When I double-click on a function in the stack trace the editor goes to that function and it consistently highlights in red the line below the next function call within that function. Is this normal? Thanks costa basil schrieb: > If something blows up, I am presented with a stack trace. When I > double-click on a function in the stack trace the editor goes to that > function and it consistently highlights in red the line below the > next function call within that function. > > Is this normal? Yes. The...

How to Know if the virtual keyboard is active in delphi android xe5?
Hello, how I can know if the keyboard is active or not in Delphi xe5 for android? I need to know that to control the event back button devices. I thank you. att. Wagner. ...

How do you stop virtual keyboard showing when text changed programmatically
Hi, I have a TButton control that updates TMemo.text when pressed, however this causes the virtual keyboard to then show if its not presently visible or hide the virtual keyboard if its visible. How do I keep the virtual keyboard in its current state of hiidden/visible when updating TMemo text programmatically? Currently I'm using procedure TBSFRMMainiPad.genButtonMouseUp(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Single); begin MyMemo.Text:='Some Text'; //leave the virtual keyboard in the state it was FService.SetHideKeyboardButtonVisibil...

How can I set the Delpi XE4 Help to show information about Delphi, not C++
Hi all, Please help me with Delphi XE4 Help. I downloaded Delphi XE4 Help from here: https://downloads.embarcadero.com/item/29497 I have 2 questions about Delphi XE4 Help. 1. In this Help apears functions & instructions commands for C++ and Delphi . I have only Delphi XE4 installed. *How can I set this Help to show me only informations about Delphi, not for C++ ???* 2. For example, if I want to see the syntax for "For" command in Delphi, I see only syntax of "For" command in C++, and nothing about Delphi "For" command. *How can I fix this?* I wa...

Web resources about - XE4 VCL W8 METRO: Show Virtual Keyboard - embarcadero.delphi.general

Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
Every shortcut you ever wanted. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Keyboard technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are two types of membrane-based keyboards, flat-panel membrane keyboards and full-travel membrane keyboards: Flat-panel membrane keyboards ...

Facebook Adds Keyboard Shortcuts To Messages Inbox
Facebook added a list of keyboard shortcuts to the inbox where users retrieve their messages . continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: The ...

Facebook rolls out messages update with new layout, photo sharing, emoticons, keyboard shortcuts and ...
... continues to roll out its redesigned messages product it announced in August , including a two-paned layout, improved photo uploads and keyboard ...

Hands on BrydgeAir iPad keyboard
Better than the keyboard built into many ultra-thin notebooks, the BrydgeAir is a great way to turn an iPad into a serious productivity tool. ...

The Logic Pros: Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals – MIDI keyboards, Lightning/USB mics, iOS synths, plug-ins ...
... of The Logic Pros , we will be taking a short break from the usual routine to stock up on discounted iPad synth apps, plug-ins for Logic, keyboard ...

Use 3D Touch and Bluetooth keyboard shortcuts in Chrome for iOS
New features have come to the browser, making it even more powerful.

There’s no fixing the iPad Pro Smart Keyboard, but here’s what’s inside
... kind of hard to watch. (credit: iFixit ) iFixit's product teardowns often show you how to fix gadgets, but in the case of Apple's Smart Keyboard ...

Thumbs-up plus smiley face for EmojiWorks' physical emoji keyboard
Typing tacos and middle fingers is about to get easier with the EmojiWorks Emoji Keyboard, a physical Bluetooth keyboard that lets you type the ...

How to fix the new Apple TV’s annoying onscreen keyboard
... requiring a minimum of presses to enter your text. Consequently, many people upgrading to the new Apple TV have found the new onscreen keyboard ...