Why is Android mentioned in the dproj file (XE5)?

I have a rather big Delphi project, which I have successfully
migradted from BDS2006 to XE5. Now that all is covered I wanted to get
rid of the separate Demo project by creating a Demo configuration in
the main project like I did for a CPPB project earlier.
The Delphi project is set to have only one platform (Win32) since it
is a pure VCL program developed for nearly 13 years.

But when I look in the dproj file written after I added the Demo
configuration I see that there are sections dealing with Android and
Win64! Why??
Since I removed these a long time ago from the project I cannot
understand why they are now put back again. THere seems to be no place
in the GUI to remove these platforms for the Demo configuration
either...

{code}
    <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Config)'=='Demo' And
'$(Platform)'=='Android'">
        <PreBuildEvent/>

<PreBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>False</PreBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>
        <PreLinkEvent/>
        <PreLinkEventIgnoreExitCode>False</PreLinkEventIgnoreExitCode>
        <PostBuildEvent>del
$(OUTPUTDIR)..\$(OUTPUTNAME)Demo.exe&amp;&amp;copy $(OUTPUTPATH)
$(OUTPUTDIR)..\$(OUTPUTNAME)Demo.exe</PostBuildEvent>

<PostBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>False</PostBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>
    </PropertyGroup>
    <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Config)'=='Demo' And
'$(Platform)'=='Win64'">
        <PreBuildEvent/>

<PreBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>False</PreBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>
        <PreLinkEvent/>
        <PreLinkEventIgnoreExitCode>False</PreLinkEventIgnoreExitCode>
        <PostBuildEvent>del
$(OUTPUTDIR)..\$(OUTPUTNAME)Demo.exe&amp;&amp;copy $(OUTPUTPATH)
$(OUTPUTDIR)..\$(OUTPUTNAME)Demo.exe</PostBuildEvent>

<PostBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>False</PostBuildEventIgnoreExitCode>
    </PropertyGroup>

{code}

Any ideas on how to solve this (except from actually editing the dproj
file)?

---
Bo Berglund
Sweden & Texas
Newsreader: Forte Free Agent 1.92/32.572
0
Bo

Bo Berglund wrote:

> I have a rather big Delphi project, which I have successfully
> migradted from BDS2006 to XE5. Now that all is covered I wanted to get
> rid of the separate Demo project by creating a Demo configuration in
> the main project like I did for a CPPB project earlier.
> The Delphi project is set to have only one platform (Win32) since it
> is a pure VCL program developed for nearly 13 years.
>
> But when I look in the dproj file written after I added the Demo
> configuration I see that there are sections dealing with Android and
> Win64! Why??

The dproj file is generic, sections of it are used or ignored based on
environment variables which are set according to the actual project
configuration. It's a bit like conditional compilation: you have the
code for all cases in the source file but only part of it is actually
compiled depending on the conditions.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

Delphi XE5 Android Compiler
Does it support the linking of C object files when selecting Android as the target platform? I get an error [DCC Error] uEMUIntf.pas(28): E1030 Invalid compiler directive: '$L' when trying to compile a simple sample application that compiles with no problems for Win32, Mac OSX and iOS. If not, that is a bit of problem for an app that I wanted to port to Android! Regards Mike I should add that "uEMUIntf.pas" is my own source code file that links in the external C object files. Mike "Mike Brindley" <barpless@yahoo.com> wrote in mess...

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

How to sync Android to Delphi XE5 application
Hello people, I have a doubt, I have developed a FireMonkey Android application where I need sync my app data to a Delphi XE5 application. Basicly I created a .txt file and I sent to my computer using a FTP connection, but this doesn't works fine. I found two problems with this method, 1) It works really bad with 3G connection, less than 50% of attemps works correctly to sync data of my Android to a PC 2) Confirmations about sync (sent data, received data) are no reliable So, I would like to know if there another way to sync data without using .txt files and FTP connection, and ...

Delphi XE5 Android Api Documentation
Hi all, i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? thanks in advance Manuel Di Maio wrote: > Hi all, > i have search in internet for androidapi android.jni etc documentation but I could not find anything, anyone can help me figure out where I can find detailed documentation? > > thanks in advance For the most part it seems it is reading the source. That is how I figured out how to translate the tts API. Remy posted a useful link in that...

Delphi XE5 - Android
Hello. I have a mobile phone that have this hardware: Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz 445MB ram. Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it. (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK) My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank. I need help with this,...

How to use ttf font file in xe5 android ?
How to use ttf font file in xe5 android ? Any solution to load & use a custom font from resource for android ? Here is how to use custom truetype fonts in Android: Copy FMX.FontGlyphs.Android to your project folder. 1. Add System.IOUtils to the uses clause; In procedure TAndroidFontGlyphManager.LoadResource 2. Add variable FontFile: string; 3. change the line {code} Typeface := TJTypeface.JavaClass.Create(FamilyName, TypefaceFlag); {code} to {code} FontFile := TPath.GetDocumentsPath + PathDelim + CurrentSettings.Family + '.ttf'; if FileExists(FontFile) then ...

Help Delphi xe5 develop Android App
Hello i have problem for develop android app and use emulator the xe5 failure [INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]. how to fix the problem ...

Trying to start android emulator in Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which I try to start is just a blank form. Can anyone help me? > {quote:title=Janne Kekki wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which...

movetasktoback function delphi xe5 android? [Edit]
Hi, I want my application not close when the back button is pressed. I want it to minimize and run in background. Is this possible? I've saw a movetasktoBack function on Java. Is this function available for Delphi too? {code} public class TestActivity extends Activity { //... // Working for all API levels @Override public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { moveTaskToBack(true); } return super.onKeyDown(keyCode, event); } // Alternative variant for API 5 and higher @Override ...

Delphi XE5 TWebBrowser Problem on Android [Edit]
I have write 4 samples code: 1) paginaweb:='file://'+pathpdf+'prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 2) paginaweb:='http://www.ufficiotecnicogecom.com/Volantini/prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 3) have used webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); 4) paginaweb := 'http://www.youtube.com/user/SisaCentroSudGecom'; webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); or webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; webbroser1 is in a mobile form. All not work on Android but work fine on iOS, the case of youtube url load page but still stuck on loading vide...

Android AVD
I use the Genymotion AVD in Eclipse and it works fine. Much faster than the standard AVD's provided for in Android Eclipse. In Delphi XE5 the Genymotion AVD shows up in the right panel as a recognized Android device. I have the AVD running in the background (Nexus 4). Unfortunately I'm not able to use Delphi XE5 with the Genymotion AVD. Here is the error message after the project attempts to launch: Unable to create process: Unable to install c:\path of sample application\forms.apk. Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE] Any help debugging this error? Dave wrote: ...

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

How to fully close a Delphi-XE5 Android App?
This has been asked before but not fully answered. I want to exit an app for two reasons. 1. on startup if problems with the data files and (I'd also like to know to handle this case on IOS too!) 2. from a back-button press Other answere here and elsewhere got answers of using: SharedActivity.Finish; or MainActivity.Finish; Both appear to close the window but neither exit the application as in debug mode the program does not end in Delphi and the application is still running on the device itself. The apps seem to eventually go away when in that state, but if you tr...

Web resources about - Why is Android mentioned in the dproj file (XE5)? - embarcadero.delphi.general

Non-SI units mentioned in the SI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1 atm = 1013.25 mbar = 1013.25 hPa = 101,325 Pa exactly (commonly used in atmospheric meteorology, in oceanography and for pressures within liquids, ...

Mirror Golf copyright to The Australian Home Beautiful. Name of the puzzle maker not mentioned in the ...
Explore Kim Tairi's photos on Flickr. Kim Tairi has uploaded 13483 photos to Flickr.

When the Zombie Apocalypse was mentioned in the House of Commons - YouTube
Winnipeg MP Pat Martin asks Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird about ongoing preparations for the Zombie Apocalypse.

Drug dealer Simon Main mentioned in case of shooting at Double Bay cosmetic dentistry practice
An &quot;international drug dealer of renown&quot; has been mentioned in the case of a shooting at a Double Bay cosmetic dentistry practice. ...

Netballer Romelda Aiken's accused stalker case mentioned in court
A Queensland man accused of stalking Queensland netball star Romelda Aiken has had his case mentioned in a Toowoomba court.

Melissa George has meltdown on The Morning Show after hosts mentioned Home and Away
CHANNEL 7 spoke out yesterday about a tirade unleashed by former Home And Away castmember Melissa George, who threw a hissy fit on Friday's The ...

Jonathan Trott not to be mentioned: Stuart Broad
England challenges Australia to keep the Jonathan Trott issue to one side.

Sandra Bland mentioned previous suicide attempt to jailer: sheriff
Sandra Bland, a woman whose death in a Texas jail has raised suspicions about the official conclusion that she hanged herself, told a guard during ...

Syria declares 4 chemical weapons facilities it hadn't mentioned before
Syria has declared four chemical weapons facilities it hadn't mentioned before, a special representative of the UN secretary-general told the ...

Tim Cook to sit next to Michelle Obama at the State of the Union, Apple likely to get mentioned
... near Michelle Obama at President Barack Obama’s Tuesday State of the Union address. Those who sit in the “First Lady’s Box” typically are mentioned ...