unicode fss to utf8 with delphi 2010

Hi,

I have one of my business application which is use firebird as
backgroung application and unicode_fss as collation. I have a lot of
problems with unicode and firebird and I would like to create new empty
database with utf8 collation and made application in delphi which will
read data from one (unicode) database and convert all data to utf8
string and save it to new blank database with utf8 collation.
I need procedure which will read all unicode strings and convert it to
utf8 character set with all latin letters?

Thanks in advanced...
0
Sasa

Am 31.03.2010 19:33, Sasa Mihajlovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have one of my business application which is use firebird as
> backgroung application and unicode_fss as collation. I have a lot of
> problems with unicode and firebird and I would like to create new empty
> database with utf8 collation and made application in delphi which will
> read data from one (unicode) database and convert all data to utf8
> string and save it to new blank database with utf8 collation.
> I need procedure which will read all unicode strings and convert it to
> utf8 character set with all latin letters?
>
> Thanks in advanced...

Hi Sasa,

instead of writing it yourself could use a tool like Database Workbench
or IBExpert to dump the database and re-create it with the new character
set.

Both Database Workbench  and IBExpert can do the data migration for you.

See:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2302670/delphi-dbexpress-and-interbase-unicode-migration-steps-and-risks

Cheers,
--