TreeView scroll-bar

Dear all,

I have a treeview. When I populate the tree  then I perfome a fullexpand,
now the tree has vertical scroll bar showing the latest elements, I want the
tree at the begin showing the root (ie the scroll bar is at the the top)

thank you
0
Paolo

Paolo Valle wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a treeview. When I populate the tree  then I perfome a
> fullexpand, now the tree has vertical scroll bar showing the latest
> elements, I want the tree at the begin showing the root (ie the
> scroll bar is at the the top)

Call the first tree node's MakeVisible method after you have populated
the treeview, that will scroll it into view and should serve your
requirement.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

TrVMain.Items[0].MakeVisible;

thank you.

"Peter Below"  ha scritto nel messaggio

Paolo Valle wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have a treeview. When I populate the tree  then I perfome a
> fullexpand, now the tree has vertical scroll bar showing the latest
> elements, I want the tree at the begin showing the root (ie the
> scroll bar is at the the top)

Call the first tree node's MakeVisible method after you have populated
the treeview, that will scroll it into view and should serve your
requirement.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
Paolo

TreeView scroll bars
Hello..! Using PowerBuilder 7.0 How can I know if the vertical or horizontal scrollbars for a treeview object are visible at a given moment? What I need, is relocate the position of other object as soon as any of the treeview's scrollbars appear or dissapear... Would someone give an idea on how to do it? Thanks..! There's no way - you don't have such properties for the TreeView control and the problem persists in PB 11. You might consider to implement some external function calls to the USER/GDI part of the Windows core. Go, search the MSDN and may th...

Missing scroll bar on TreeView
sorry for the reference to RTE. I've been working with both controls. my treeview is missing the scrollbar when there is plenty to scroll through. i'm manually filling the treeview during the constructor event (using ITEMINSERTLAST) for multiple levels. I selectively expand some levels and not others (using EXPANDITEM). I see the horizontal scrollbar working appropriately. Why would the vertical be so fussy? I did this in the open event of a window with a treeview on it in 6.5 and the scrollbar appeared fine: integer li_index long ll_rc ll_rc = tv_1.InsertIt...

Possible to turn off explorer scroll bar but allow div scroll bar?
I was just trying to find out if I can disble the vertical scroll bar for the pages but allow vertical scroll bars for a DIV?Best Regards,~Chris In other words disable IE scroll bars but allow DIV scroll bars?I keep running into problems with controls creating useless scroll space in explorer to display nothing.Best Regards,~Chris Unfortunately a DIV does not use % on the height similiar to width of a page.Would be nice for handling varying screen resolutions.Best Regards,~Chris...

PB8
i have the problem on some XP-workstations, that my PowerBuilder-8-Application shows no H-Scroll-Bar and V-Scroll-Bar. Unfortunately, this problem could not make well after the upgrade of the Runtime-Dll's (new version of runtime-Dll's is: pb803_9704 localizedruntimes). Thanks and regards Michael IMHO...since about PB 6.5, PB is unable to tell positively that it needs scrollbars. To force them to appear, go back to the window or user object that contains the DW and shrink the space for the DW until the scrollbars appear in the window painter. Then put code in th...

Treeview
In a PFC application I have a window using the split bar object. Part of the window has a treeview. As the user expands the treeview I want to automatically manage the horizontal size of the treeview so that the user always sees the complete treeview width. Does anyone know a smart way to find out if the treeview object has the horizontal scrollbar visible so that I can adjust its width ? Thanks in advance for any help. Brian Don't know if this is of any help, but you might look into tooltips instead of trying to manage the width of the treeview http://www.migmag.pair.co...

Auto scroll down scroll bar
Hi,I have this asp.net chat page using anthem.net ajax framework. Whatever the users enter, the chat text appears in a label control place inside a div tag with overflow set to auto. I want the scroll bar to scroll down automatically. Or make the scroll bar in the down position all the time. How can I do this? <div style="OVERFLOW:auto; WIDTH:550px; HEIGHT:550px"> <anthem:Label id="LblChatText" runat="server" Width="540" Height="540"></anthem:Label> </div>  Thanks.  Props to Eric Pascarello for figuring this out: http://radio.javaranc...

Scrolling, Scrolling and more Scrolling
I've spent several weeks fixing scrolling and zooming bugs on b2g. You may have enjoyed bug 831973 (and it's duplicates) over the last week. In bug 811950 it took -9 lines to introduce the bug and a further -27 lines to fix it. Perhaps we have too much scrolling code: * AsyncPanZoomController.cpp * BrowserElementScrolling.js * PanZoomController.java * nsFrameLoader.cpp There is a fair amount of duplication here. Ideally we should have a single async implementation with a good set of tests. Removing the duplication is going to require some collaboration. Are there o...

Scrolling Scrolling Scrolling
Name: Naseef Fatemi Email: ishwaadatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Scrolling Scrolling Scrolling Comments: Guys firefox is one of the best EVER piece of software out there but I have a problem. The scrolling in firefox is terrible compared to the smooth and fluent scrolling of opera, and thats with smooth scrolling option in firefox activated. So guys am i missing something hidden and if not can you guys work on it cause its going to make firefox even better than it already is. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.1) Gecko/20090...

programmaticly move scroll bar in treeview web control up
Hi, everyone, Thanks in advance. Let me give some background first: I have a treeeview web control in my page. The tree has 2 indent levels. It first loads all parent nodes with only the top node expanded. Then when user clicks another parent node, this parent node should jump up to the top of the tree and gets expanded, while the previous top node moves down to the second place. I am able to handle this SelectedIndexChange event successfully. But when tree gets big and scroll bar appears, and user clicks some parent node on the bottom of the tree, Now I want the scroll bar jump to the t...

Is it possible to know the visibility status of vertical scroll bar of a Treeview
Hi All I am posting this second time,pls help > > Is it possible to know thru code whether the vertical > > scrollbar for a > > Treeview is visible/available or not. I am using PB6.5 with XP.When I use mouse wheel when there is no vertical scrollbar all the items in the tree view disappears,bcos Pb 6.5 is not supported by XP.If I know whether the vertical scroll bar is avilable or not , based on that I can use SetRedraw function to avoid the disappearence.I already received a solution from the Newsgroup that I may use SetRedraw function.So if I know the visi...

How to maintain the scroll bar position of the treeview control in a webpart control?
I have a tree view control in a webpart control.  Between postbacks, the scroll is reset to the top of the panel control that contains the tree view control.  Basically I like to achieve the same functionality of TreeNode's EnsureVisible in the Win Form, but in the Web Form. I tried the following client-side script that I read at other posts var name = tvNavigation_Data.selectedNodeID.value;var selectedNode =Document.all?Document.all[name]ocument.getElementById(name);if(selectedNode){ selectedNode.scrollIntoView(true); } where tvNavigation_Data is the name of the tree view c...

Changing field names (display name) for a web interface and how to create a scroll bar for a datagrid or any control with a scroll bar to display data
Hello,  Can any1 please help me. i was wondering if any1 can tell  me how i can change  field names for a data grid only for the display on the web interface and also how can i put scroll bars on my data grid. Thank you.       Hi misbahmurtza, You can set field names in HeaderText attribute in any column or template. If you want to create a scroll bar, the easiest way is to set style for the <div> which contains your datagrid. Here is a sample: <div style="vertical-align: top; height:100px; width:100%; overflow:auto;"> Make sure ...

How can we enable the scroll bar for System.Web.UI.WebControls.TreeView control?
Hi there,Just wonder if we are able to have scroll bar vertically or horizontally when the treeView grows too big? how?Thanks in advance,z2...

Small scroll bars in Scroll box
Hi everybody, I've migrated my code from XE3 to XE4. i found that there is no published property to show small scroll bars in Vertical scroll box (TFramedVertScrollBox). Does anybody has any idea, how we can show that. Regards, Padam Jain ...

Web resources about - TreeView scroll-bar - embarcadero.delphi.general

[Android 5.1 Feature Spotlight] Fast Scroll Bars Receive Design Tweak
If you thought we had run out of details to talk about in Android's latest Lollipop iteration, think again. We'll go into 5.1 in gory detail ...

20 Years Of The Scroll Bar
... complaining about where the arrows are located, or if they even exist? I can't even remember the last time I actually clicked a scroll bar to ...

The Evolution of the Scroll Bar - Complex
Look how far we've come. Complex.com: The original buyer's guide for men. Scroll bars are one of the most subtle parts of an operating system's ...

How To Take The iOS Out Of Lion: Always Show Scroll Bars
OS X Lion is the best version of OS X yet , but some of its design choices aren’t without controversy… especially the decision to make the whole ...

A Brief History Of Time Operating System Scroll Bars
This is a very brief history of operating system scroll bars . It's not inclusive though, because I don't even see the one I'm using on there. ...

LionScrollBars for Mac Controls Scroll Bar Behavior by App
OS X Lion: If you like how Lion's new scroll bars disappear when not in use, but want to get them back in some applications, LionScrollBars is ...

Mac OS X Lion Notes: iOS Scroll Bars, Any Corner Resizing, Dock Changes
During last week's media event, Apple demoed a few early features of Mac OS X Lion which will be released in 2011. While Apple focused on a few... ...

Google Maps Search Results Now With A Scroll Bar
Google has quietly changed the search results interface within Google Maps to show more listings via a scrollable search box. You can now scroll ...

Apple patents mobile scroll bar
... the Android devices floating around out there. The patent in question is US patent 8,223,134 , and it covers disappearing vertical scroll bars ...

Scroll Search Engines Saves You Clicks When Cycling Your Search Bar
... clicking a tiny tap target, finding what you want in a dropdown menu, and clicking it isn't necessarily the most efficient way to do it. Scroll ...