ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009

I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20
files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as
its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software.

I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite
some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that
uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough?

i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but
leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?

Thanks,
Jason.
--
Jason Sweby
Software Development Manager,

Payroll - HR - T&A - Access Control
0
Jason

Jason Sweby wrote:

> I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses
> about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project
> has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with
> the software.
>
> I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM
> quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in
> DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new
> borlndmm.dll be enough?
>
> i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs,
> but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?

No. Well, maybe <g>. It depends on how the plugins interact with the
host application, what kind of data they exchange with it and so on.
It would really be safest to rebuild everything using the same compiler.
--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :