Pure ARM development using Delphi XE5?

Greetings,

Is it possible to use the new Delphi ARM compiler to do pure ARM development? I'm not looking to use FMX or anything like that. Just pure arm for SoC as can be done with fpc.

Thanks,

J-F
0
Utf

> {quote:title=Jean-François Bilodeau wrote:}{quote}
> Is it possible to use the new Delphi ARM compiler to do pure ARM development? I'm not looking to use FMX or anything like that. Just pure arm for SoC as can be done with fpc.

I suppose it "may" be possible, if you change low level system.pas and sysinit.pas units to your own.
It was possible for Win32/Win64, I'm not sure the NextGen allows to do this.
If you want to create some .o files, I suppose it is feasible. But you will need a Linux ARM bootloader. Not so easy! :)

But honestly, FPC is a much better candidate than Delphi when targeting embedded environments.
It is able to scale down to pretty small size.
0
Arnaud
10/3/2013 3:51:53 PM
> {quote:title=Arnaud BOUCHEZ wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Jean-François Bilodeau wrote:}{quote}
> > Is it possible to use the new Delphi ARM compiler to do pure ARM development? I'm not looking to use FMX or anything like that. Just pure arm for SoC as can be done with fpc.
>
> I suppose it "may" be possible, if you change low level system.pas and sysinit.pas units to your own.
> It was possible for Win32/Win64, I'm not sure the NextGen allows to do this.
> If you want to create some .o files, I suppose it is feasible. But you will need a Linux ARM bootloader. Not so easy! :)
>
> But honestly, FPC is a much better candidate than Delphi when targeting embedded environments.
> It is able to scale down to pretty small size.

Thanks Arnaud,

That's what I suspect but I was hoping to stick with Rad Studio instead of having two or three IDEs + compilers on the go. ;)

J-F
0
Utf

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

What pattern use? How to use these patterns in Delphi XE 3? Developing new
My firwst post here, and i REALLY need yours help... My main objective is to create a _*standard system to register products, clients, sell items, control stock*_, and so on. I want to use *Multi Tier, using Datasnap*, I dont want the classic client-server systems. There are several considerations I would like to discuss: 1 - I really want to do a *GOOD system, using patters* to make easier maintenance. I have read about MVC, saw some examples, but I read examples using Interfaces, and other posts in internet say Interfaces are bad. *MVC is good for this kind of system*? 2 - I wan...

To use or not to use Delphi

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Is dll developed in Delphi 6 works on Delphi 2?
I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was developed in Delphi 2 use that dll.? If not, please let me know in which areas i need change. The dll work is only to print and email. With regards, Srikanth Varma Srikanth varma wrote: > I have a one dll, whose work is to creates a form with some normal > vcl controls, print selected tables and email some reports. It was > developed in Delphi 6. Can any other application which was d...

Any where to offer services as Delphi/Delphi for PHP freelance developer?
Hi, I'm a freelance Software Engineer. One of many that in current difficult days, is pushing for self-employment... offering services as Business Analyst and Developer, using Delphi, Delphi for PHP, MySQL, PostgreSQL. Any where in this forum or other you might know where to offer these services to the world? Thank you, Guillermo Guillermo, The Delphi for PHP forum does have For Hire and Wanted For Hire sections if you haven't seen those yet: http://forums.delphi-php.net/ Thanks. -Phil > {quote:title=Guillermo Najar wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I&#...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Web resources about - Pure ARM development using Delphi XE5? - embarcadero.delphi.general

United States Department of Housing and Urban Development - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Robert C. Weaver Federal Building , 451 7th Street SW , Washington, D.C. 38°53′2.17″N 77°1′21.03″W  /  38.8839361°N 77.0225083°W  / 38.8839361; ...

Chinese president pledges support for African independent development
Chinese president pledges support for African independent development

Thunderbird “a tax” on Firefox development, and Mozilla wants to drop it
... is to find "the right kind of legal and financial home" for the Thunderbird project, and "[separate] itself from reliance on Mozilla development ...

3 Phase Brand Development Strategy
... brands are built upon a rigorous understanding of themselves, their customers and the competitive marketing context. The following brand development ...

Warning: Business Development Companies Just Got Doubly Risky
At this point of the credit cycle, a lot of securities look cheap. But the question is whether they really are cheap or whether they are cheap ...

Popular Smash Bros. mod Project M ceases development
... ( some not so grassroots ), and many updates later, a post on the official Project M website states that the team has ceased all development ...

Virtual reality market value to hit US$70 billion in 2020 due to app developments, says TrendForce
Consumers' relentless pursuit for richer audiovisual experiences has propelled the popularity of virtual reality (VR) devices and drawn in more ...

'Rambo' Reboot Series in Development at Fox With Sylvester Stallone as Executive Producer
'Rambo' Reboot Series in Development at Fox With Sylvester Stallone as Executive Producer

Microsoft lays off Israeli HoloLens team, shifts focus to US development
Microsoft has closed the Israeli division responsible for its initial HoloLens research and is moving all work on the technology to the US, for ...