Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7

Hi
I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed.
Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i like to achieve my task?
0
Pero

Pero perov wrote:

> I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed.

That is not true.

> Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what
> have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.

The most recent version of Delphi that uses Object Pascal
as its language and generates native Win32 applications
like D6 and D7 is D2010.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0

Dan

<Pero perov> wrote in message news:187081@forums.codegear.com...
> Hi
> I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or
> REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
> I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language
> in Delphi 2009 is changed.
> Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages
> like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
> Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i
> like to achieve my task?
0
Daniel
11/26/2009 3:44:00 AM
<Pero perov> wrote in message news:187081@forums.codegear.com...
> Hi
> I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or
> REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
> I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language
> in Delphi 2009 is changed.
> Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages
> like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
> Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i
> like to achieve my task?

The language is not changed in a way that is not backwards compatible. A lot
is added but old Delphi code still compiles out of the box in most
situations.

The only real break is the VCL change to use Unicode natively instead of
AnsiStrings. This is not important for new project and lot of old projects
can easily be upgraded.

So get the Delphi 2010 with the version that has at least soap support (look
at their website) and you will be fine.

Unless  you have old projects that uses a lot of low level API calls, then
you will be better of with you're old version.

martijn
0
Martijn
11/26/2009 2:16:53 PM
On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:11:35 -0800, Pero perov <> wrote:

>Hi
>I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP  or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS.
>I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed.
>Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7.
>Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use  if i like to achieve my task?

2009 is a bit of a breaking update due to Unicode support--characters
aren't what they used to be.  Starting with new code this will make
virtually no difference.
0
Loren

Problem with Delphi 6 to Delphi 7 upgrade
I have just purchased Delphi XE because I have an immediate need of D7 which came for free with XE. I downloaded and installed D7 and I think I applied the Update 1 that I had also downloaded. After much messing around with old components, I have finally attempted to compile my D6 project with D7. I get the following error:- [Fatal Error] apm.dpr(225): Unit ExtDlgs was compiled with a different version of ExtCtrls.TPanel I have checked the library paths all point to D7 versions of everything and now am at a loss to know what to do next. Also checked the sequence to make sure that al...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Win32 Delphi language features introduced since Delphi 7
Hi, Am I right in thinking that the language features introduced since Delphi 7 fall into the categories: a) language features dictated by .Net compatibility. e.g. Namespaces, Inlining, records with methods, operator overloading, pure interfaces, generics, extended RTTI and reflection; b) Unicode strings and supporting procedures? c) 64-bit support What other language features, if any, have been introduced since D7? Had most of the post-D7 languages features, except for generics, Unicode strings, and 64-bit support, been introduced in or before Delphi 2005? How bug-free were ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

Web resources about - Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7 - embarcadero.delphi.general

Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Language is the human capacity for acquiring and using complex systems of communication , and a language is any specific example of such a system. ...

The Eero Programming Language
Interesting new programming language from Andy Arvanitis: Eero is a fully binary- and header-compatible dialect of Objective-C, implemented ...

App used to teach foreign languages
The Federal Government trials an app program for preschoolers to help teach one of five languages which includes Mandarin, Japanese, Indonesian, ...

NACO premieres work inspired by Rita Joe's poem of language lost
The world premiere of I Lost My Talk — Spirit Prevails takes place tonight at the National Arts Centre. The multidisciplinary work is inspired ...

Quebec restaurant in trouble with language police over grilled cheese
A grilled cheese restaurant in the Quebec City area is in trouble with the province’s language police for using the English words “grilled cheese” ...

"In the Sinhala language,
"Sometimes it is used as ala vagaa kireema (අල වගා කිරීම)—'Planting Potatoes.' People/Profiles who [do] trolling often are called 'Potato Planters'— ...

Speaking their language
Speaking their language by digby The success of the conservative movement's message discipline is never better illustrated than when liberals ...

Learn any of these 16 programming languages and you'll always have a job
... capitalist Marc Andreessen famously declared. Someone has to write that software. Why not you? There are thousands of programming languages, ...

Why Do Animals Make Different Sounds In Different Languages
Submitted by: (via Arika Okrent ) Tagged: language , sounds , Video , animals Share on Facebook

Skype smashes language barrier with rollout of translation services
Microsoft has completed the roll out of the real-time translation feature to all Skype for Windows users. It says traffic spiked after the preview ...