how to dropdown a calendar on date fields in a dbgrid

Hello I use Delphi 6. I've seen in some apps, that when you edit a date field in
a grid, a calendar appears. Can I do this using a TDBGrid? Thanks, -sergio
0
sergio

> {quote:title=sergio gonzalez wrote:}{quote}
> Hello I use Delphi 6. I've seen in some apps, that when you edit a date field in
> a grid, a calendar appears. Can I do this using a TDBGrid? Thanks, -sergio

DateTimePicker inside a DBGrid

[http://delphi.about.com/od/usedbvcl/l/aa121503a.htm]
0
Stacey
8/13/2008 3:51:49 PM
<Stacey Brodsky> escribió
> [http://delphi.about.com/od/usedbvcl/l/aa121503a.htm]

Nice! :-)
0
sergio

Is there any way to introduce EDITMASK in Date field using DROPDOWN CALENDAR service
Hi All, We are using the PB version 7.0.3. In our application we are using the date fields by using the PFC service as follows of_SetDropDownCalendar(True) iuo_calendar.of_Register('date_from', iuo_calendar.DDLB_WITHARROW) But the problem is once we register any date field using the above service, then we are not able to define the edit mask as like mm/dd/yyyy. Ultimately every time user need to enter the dates as like 12/12/2002 with slash and everything. Is there any way to accomplish the edit masking using the above ...

Date Issue
Has anyone run across this problem? I don't remember seeing it prior to 1.0.10: Any date field, i.e. the Expire Date field in the portal settings reverts to the format "8-Oct-2003" and generates the warning "Invalid expiry date!". For example if I go to view the settings for a particular portal, the expire date is in the 'DD-MMM-YYYY' format and won't let me update the settings until I either type a MM-DD-YYYY date in or select one from the calendar. This happens in the module settings as well when there is a date involved. Is this some regional setting I have to...

How to click on a calendar cell versus the hyperlink date field in a calendar control?
I am using a large calendar control in which the cells are large (35px by 35px).  In a normal scenario to select a date you need to click on the hyperlinked date within the cell.  This is great when the cell size matches the font size but since my calendar is large, the date hyperlink is centered in the middle of the cell surrounded by a lot of real estate.  The only way I know of to select a date is for the user to click on the hyperlink.  I would prefer them to be able to click anywhere within the cell to select the date. Any ideas?   Things are complicat...

Calendar At Date Fields
How can I have a calendar appear at a date field such as a textbox or a datagrid? Thanks Here's a free control that might work: http://www.gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Details.aspx?SampleGuid=FED8B3BE-67E2-4BFC-BE34-404799B17D77Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! There are numerous "DateTextBoxes", which are textboxes with popup calendars, available for ASP.NET. Some are free. Some are very feature rich commercial products. In fact, ASP.NET has an extensive library of controls in almost all categories. St...

No date in Date field
I have just installed thunderbird on my system. I migrated from outlook express. All the mail that was there before shows both the date and the time in the date field. However, all mail received by thunderbird only has a time stamp, no date. How do I correct this?? Thanks, Roger _Roger Bailey_ spoke thusly on 29/08/2006 10:09 PM: > I have just installed thunderbird on my system. I migrated from outlook > express. All the mail that was there before shows both the date and the > time in the date field. However, all mail received by thunderbird only has ...

date field = date
i made an news table and i made and option to add and update and delete news from it i need one thing that when someone try to add news the time that he insert the news will be in teh date field of the table and dont the costumer write it   hope that u understand me Hi, did you mean you want to add a column that get current date as its value automaticly? If so, you can do the following in Access2003: 1. add a column with 'Date/Time' data time 2. In the 'Field Properties'->'General' pannel, add a 'Default Value' for it, 3. In the 'Expression Builder', double cli...

Calendar/Date Field - Pop Up
Any suggestion why a field defined with a Pop-calendar does not pop-up. thanks, I read someplace that it works in Webfoms only. Yossi Dallal "David" <drlemieux@comcast.net> wrote in message news:42ff8df5$1@forums-2-dub... > Any suggestion why a field defined with a Pop-calendar does not pop-up. > > thanks, > Yes it currently only works in Web Forms. DataWindow .NET 2.0 will have support for this feature in Windows Forms DataWindows. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase TechWave 2005! www.sybase.com/techwave Download an evaluation ve...

calendar date span (date start : date end)
Hi! Can anyone help me with this? Say, I have these two textboxes. Date Start:        Date End:             What I wanted to do is to put dates on it using the calendar. My problem is I do not know what to do to keep the "Date Start" not way after the set "Date End", and for "Date End" not way before the set "Date Start".   example: Date Start: July 1, 2008              &nb...

dropdown calendar pops up but know dates
I have just upgrade to PB6.5. Using PFC we have a corporate layer. I replaced the PFC pbls and did a full rebuild. That seemed to go Ok, no errors except warnings about local structures being private in the next release. When we use the calendar object that was working prior to going to the 6.5 PFC pbls (we were using 6.0), the calendar pops up but with no dates, although the header for the week days are there.. Has anyone seen this before? If not, any help would be greatly appreciated. Richard McRae wrote: > > I have just upgrade to PB6.5. Using PFC we have a corpo...

Displaying Calendar and store the date field...
Hello, As of now in my webform I use three fields to collect the data on date (Select month, day, year). Now am planning to display a calendar asking the user to select the date and store the data. I also need the data to be manipulated later separately on month, day, year. How do I proceed? Please guide me. Lax You might have an easier time if you did not try to build it yourself. There are many "Datepicker" controls for ASP.NET. Some use separate DropDownLists for Year, Month, and Day. Others use a TextBox with a popup calendar. You can find them listed at this site's Control Gallery, ...

ddw calendar in Null date fields
Help!! I am using the pfc dropdown calendar object. When I insert a new record and some of the datawindow date fields are defaulted to Null, the calendar appears blank (no dates) unless I click it on and off a few times. The user wants the ability to leave some date fields as null. I know if I changed the PFC calendar object of_SetDate(date) to be public I could probably work something out. However, the user will not allow me to modify their pfe pbl's because their pfc pbd's are shared with many applications. I know there's a solution to this, but currently it aludes ...

PB 8 and calendars in date fields
Could someone tell me if PB 8 natively supports calendars in date fields. I think this may be an option with the PFC, but is it something that can be done easily within PB? If not, is this anticipated for PB 9? Thank You Do you may have any 39 font/ DLL to send to me?? Woody The calendars are not natively supported and must be coded. The PFC does have them, and you can look at the code to create your own. Also, there are several non-pfc versions that people have created and you can download. I know there is an old one www.pfcguide.com. Try doing a search at groups...

How do I blank out a date column with a dropdown calendar
Note: surprised that I got no response in the datawindow BB I am trying the General. Version:11.5 Build:2506 OS:XP pro I have a datawindow column datatype 'date'. I set it up to use the dropdown calendar as an editmask. (Not PFC) The mask is 'mm/dd/yy' and I checked the dropdowncalendar checkbutton un edit properties. It works fine as a date picker, but when there is no date yet picked it shows as '00/00/00'. How can I suppress this to appear blank. I think it looks very amateurish this way. Thanks, Mel Polatchek for the column, enter the...

Getting calendar control date into text field
Hi, When I click a link on my calendar control, the calendar selected date changes, but the date is not added into into my text box on post back. Here's my code: <script language="javascript"> <!-- function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument) { var theform; if (window.navigator.appName.toLowerCase().indexOf("netscape") > -1) { theform = document.forms["_ctl0"]; } else { theform = document._ctl0; } theform.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget.split("$").join(":"); t...

Default date in date field
I have an .aspx file with an input form linked to an MS Access database.  The date field receives a value of yesterday's date except for Monday which will have input for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'd like to have a default date of yesterday in the date field but also the ability to change it.  Is there a place in the properties to set the default date or must it be done in the code? I'm not sure about the property, but you could certainly have it set in the code behind like this on page_load... this.txtDateBox.text = DateTime.Now.AddDays(-1).ToShortDateAsString...

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

Calendar Extender (inserting date into two fields)
Hi all, I'm using the Calendar Extender and I need to insert the date into two fields. The field the user sees is formatted like "Saturday - February 9, 2008" and another I want formatted like 09/02/2008 (i'm in europe), is a hidden field I can insert into a database and do date calculations on. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks Hi Meltdown,  <%@ Page Language="C#"%> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd...

FormView field is a date need to have Calendar assisted
I have a FormView to insert record and one filed is a date. I saw in VS2008 there is a Calendar control.How can I hook up this Calendar to that date field in FormView so that user can click the Calendar to select the date ? Thanks  Thanks in advance for the help. I will try to credit the ones who helped but most important is we really do sincerely thanks to all who have helped. you need to use templates in your formview there should be an insert and update template and a display (wording>?) template essentially you can switch your textbox or label for a calender there...it is in...

Change calendar date based on dropdown list
Hi i have a dropdownlist which has months coming back from the database e.g January 2009, February 2009. Further down the page i have an ajax calendar, what i am trying to do is if February 2009 is selected in the dropdown, when the ajax calendar control is selcted February 2009 will also be selected, this is what i tried but i had no luck, does anyone know how i can do this, here is my code;   if (ddlMonths.SelectedItem.Text.Equals("February 2009")) { CalendarExtenderStartDate.SelectedDate.Value(ddlMonths.SelectedItem.Text.ToString()); } ...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

Datawindow editmask field and dropdown calendar service
I have a datetime column on a datawindow . I am using the datetime editmask of 'mm/dd/yyyy' for the column. when i use the dropdown calendar service , the editmask just dissapears and a string with format 'mm/dd/yy' is put in the column . I tried to change the format with of_setdateformat() but that did not help. Any suggestions. ...

comparing date field with date
Dear sir, I am trying to get data from database using dataadapter. My querry string is string querystring="Select * from candidate where DateOfBirth > " +DateMin +""; DateMin is a dateTime variable carrying date value. DateOfBirth is the field name intable candidate. I have tried various versions for querystring. Each time error is thrown mostly syntex error. Kindly help me to form the querystring correctly.   Thanking in advance, pcg You should never, under no circumstances, pass SQL code on the query string. That's like leaving your house for vac...

Automatically Add a Calendar in a Date Field in A datagrid
My application allows users to add their own date fields to the database tables. Is there a way of making datagrid display a calendar automatically at each field that is recognized as a date. Thanks Hi atc769: I am not sure what to you want to do.Do you want to display a calendar in a column of a datagrid?Best Regards,__________________________________________________Sincerely,Rex LinMicrosoft Online Community SupportThis posting is provided "AS IS" with on warranties, and confers no rights. Try this <ItemTemplate>   <asp:Calendar ID="Calendar1" runat="server...

Setting the date on a date field
Hello, How do I get SQL server to insert the current date on inserting a record in a field of datetime? Thanks GrantGrant Krieger cmd.Parameters("@Date").Value = DateTime.NowSushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb Alternately, you could set the Default value of the column to GETDATE(). This would put the current datetime of the SQL Server into the column. TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question...

Web resources about - how to dropdown a calendar on date fields in a dbgrid - embarcadero.delphi.general

How to convert unordered list into nicely styled <select> dropdown using jquery?
$('ul.selectdropdown').each(function(){ var select=$(document.createElement('select').insertBefore($(this).hide(); $('>li a', this).each(function(){ ...

Credit Suisse Reiterates On Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. Following Alberta Dropdown
In a report published Thursday, Credit Suisse analyst John Edwards reiterated an Outperform rating on Enbridge Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: EEP), ...

Convert a Menu to a Dropdown for Small Screens
Create a menu that, on smaller screens, changes into a dropdown menu. A dropdown takes up much less screen real estate and can be easier to use. ...

Office-Add-in-Fabric-UI-Sample/Dropdown-demos.html at master · OfficeDev/Office-Add-in-Fabric-UI-Sample ...
Contribute to Office-Add-in-Fabric-UI-Sample development by creating an account on GitHub.

Google Adds Dropdown Menu to Search Results, Hides Cached Pages Inside
Google recently updated their search results format, again moving the link for cached page access somewhere else. Now it hides in a convenient ...

50+ Awesome jQuery Dropdown Menu Tutorials
When designing graphical user interfaces, many people prefer to use a dropdown menu as a GUI element. This allows the user to choose a value ...

Sign out command in dropdown
We can save some space in the menus by putting the Sign-out command in the dropdown menu. As we're building the menu, if I see a command called ...

Google toys with removing Instant Preview in Search, adds dropdown menu with Cached, Similar, Share options ...
Google has added a new drop-down menu to its search results page beside every URL with three options: Cached, Similar, and Share. At the same ...

Facebook Fan Page Changes You Haven’t Heard About
... fashion appears at the top center of the page if you scroll down to the cover image or any point lower. A box labeled highlights has a dropdown ...

Edit Companies - Eric Feng - CrunchBase Person Profile
If this person is an investor, please only submit companies for which he/she has a functional role (like Board, Advisor, etc). Click 'Past?' ...