from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Hi.
    It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary, InfoPower3000Pro,
StringAlignGrid.
 Accepts communication BDE.

Thank by comments.
0
excequiel

excequiel arostica wrote:

>Hi.
>  It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary,
>InfoPower3000Pro, StringAlignGrid.  Accepts communication BDE.
>
>Thank by comments.

Rx is dead and sources are taken over by jcl/jvcl. I dont know about
the rest of the components and i have no experiences with bde over the
last 9 years.
0
Marius
5/20/2010 6:46:40 PM
excequiel arostica wrote:

> Hi.
>   It is possible, with component RX, dxforumlibrary, InfoPower3000Pro,
> StringAlignGrid.  Accepts communication BDE.
>
> Thank by comments.

BDE has been discontinued for a few years now I wouldn't advice to keep using
it although it is steel present at least with D2007  I would turn to Access on
your position.

RXlibrary as marious already said has been taken over by the JEDI team but an
other team keeps upgrading as well at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rxlib/
they seem to support D2010 at this stage although I havent used it personaly.

dxForumLibrary I am afraid that has been abandoned by DevExress completly I
think there is a version of it at www.torry.net but I dont thing it has been
updated to support D2010.

Infopower is well and thriving they are now at infopower 4000 version which as
far as I know supports D2010.

StringAlignGrid is well.. my first time I hear of it so I have no idea.
0
jo

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 upgrade and ADO

Calling Delphi 6 DLL from Delphi 2010
We have a Delphi 6 dll that has a PChar passed to it. The dll function then does a search and returns a PCHar. This works good using Delphi 6 to call and recieve the dll result. We have upgraded our calling program to Delphi 2010 and most of the time, the value is passed back just fine. However, we do have times when we get an access violation, when calling the dll. The dll does process the request. Below is the code. Has anyone had a similar issue using an older version Delphi Dll with Delphi 2010? I am sure that Unicode has something to do with it, but not sure how to fix th...

Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010 character codes conversion
I an converting a unit from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010. Everything works except for a couple of character codes, the decimal values are(224 and 227). As far as I can tell when data is loaded from the socket into a buffer, the codes are ok. When they are written to another buffer these 2 codes use the upper case version of the characters(192 and 224). I don' t see it on any other of the codes. I set the code page in the compiler options to 1252, but that did not work. Any other options I can set in Delp hi 2010 to correct this? TIA Jan B wrote: > I an converting a unit from D...

Upgrad to Delphi 2010 Enterprise from Delphi 6 Enterprise
Hi, Is it possible to use the upgrade offer when upgrading to "Delphi 2010 Enterprise" from "Delphi 6 Enterprise" ? I can find a lot of different examples on upgrades.... but not this one ;-( Why is the price in the Nordic region higher than if I was buying in US? (40% off....) I've tried to registre my "Delphi 6" in order to reveive the Promo offer key, but I can't registre. Why is this ? Best regards Nils Unfortunately Embarcadero has changed the upgrading rules since February 1st. You can see it at http://www.embarcadero.com/upgrade...

Change icon after migrating from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2010
I have an old project I am moving to Delphi 2010. I have attempted to change the icon for this project by setting the Application icon in the Project Options. After building the project, the exe file shows the new icon. However, when I create a shortcut to my application, the icon is the old Delphi lightning bolt icon. I have tried to get rid of the old icon by completely deleting the RES file and letting Delphi create a new RES file but that didn't change anything. I know I am missing something but I can't seem to find it. Help! RG Robert Gutierrez wrote: > I have a...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Web resources about - from delphi 6 to delphi 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.general