Drag drop images to canvas [Edit]

Hi,

I would like to build something similar as attached image.

 [Example|http://www.sendto.nl/images/ddtc.jpg]

Drag and drop of images (circle with numbers right side) to a canvas. Between de images there should be a connection (red line) be made (manual/automatic). Example 1-2

Also it should also be possible to add a third image etc. to the end or middle of a existing connection. The connection must be automatically altered.

Can a TPaintbox be used for this functionality and are there similar examples how to start?

Thanks in advance.
0
Mike

Mike B. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to build something similar as attached image.
>
>  [See image.|http://www.sendto.nl/images/ddtc.jpg]
>
> Drag and drop of images (circle with numbers right side) to a canvas.
> Between de images there should be a connection (red line) be made
> (manual/automatic). Example 1-2
>
> Also it should also be possible to add a third image etc. to the end
> or middle of a existing connection. The connection must be
> automatically altered.
>
> Can a TPaintbox be used for this functionality and are there similar
> examples how to start?

A paintbox is just a drawing surface, what you draw on it is completely
up to you.

What you describe is the basic functionality of a diagramming tool,
something like Visio or the graphics you can compose in Word or
Powerpoint. You pick things from a palette area (images in your case),
place them on the work area, then can select them, move them, perhaps
scale them. For these manipulations the placed objects usually have a
set of "handles" on the object's bounding box, where you can grab with
the mouse. These are usually also the points where you can attach a
connecting line.

Delphi does not come with suitable components out of the box, but i'm
sure there are free ones around. Just google for "diagramming with
Delphi", that should turn something up.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

Would it also be an idea to drag and drop images to a panel and draw lines between them?
0
Mike
8/13/2015 9:53:34 AM
Thank you for the info.

Would it also be an idea to drag and drop images to a panel and draw lines between them?
0
Mike
8/13/2015 10:16:30 AM
Thank you for the info.

Would it also be an idea to drag and drop images to a panel and draw lines between them?
0
Mike
8/13/2015 10:33:23 AM
Mike B. wrote:

> Thank you for the info.
>
> Would it also be an idea to drag and drop images to a panel and draw
> lines between them?

I see no advantage in using a panel.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
> Would it also be an idea to drag and drop images to a panel and draw lines between them?

As Peter pointed out, there's no direct benefit from using a panel.
However, if you want to set focus to the diagram surface you'll need a TWinControl descendant.
Also, you may consider using a paintbox in a scrollbox in case your diagram gets larger than the form.

Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools
0
Gerrit

Drag drop images to canvas
Hi, I would like to build something similar as attached image. [See image.|http://www.sendto.nl/images/ddtc.jpg] Drag and drop of images (circle with numbers right side) to a canvas. Between de images there should be a connection (red line) be made (manual/automatic). Example 1-2 Also it should also be possible to add a third image etc. to the end or middle of a existing connection. The connection must be automatically altered. Can a TPaintbox be used for this functionality and are there similar examples how to start? Thanks in advance. ...

Would prefer if drag'n'drop in OS X dropped the image; now drops image URI
Name: Gary Product: Firefox Summary: Would prefer if drag'n'drop in OS X dropped the image; now drops image URI Comments: (Mac OS X only) The summary says most of it. When dragging and dropping an image from, for example, Safari to an RTF document in TextEdit, the dragged image is dropped into the document. When doing the same with Firefox, the image URL is dropped instead. I read somewhere that this behavior would be changed in Firefox 1.5 - I just tried it out with Firefox 1.5 RC3, and it hadn't changed. I'm not sure how people generally want this to be...

Drag and Drop Component Suite For Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Has anybody updated the Melander Drag and Drop Component Suite for Delphi XE2? http://melander.dk/delphi/dragdrop/ I've fixed a few errors preventing compilation in XE2 but have now run into something I don't understand. I'd thought I'd check here before spending more time muddling my way through. Edited by: shannon matthews on Sep 19, 2011 9:33 PM Edited by: shannon matthews on Sep 19, 2011 9:34 PM My problem was not enough coffee. I've now got the components installed. If anyone wants the updated source... > {quote:title=shannon matthews wrote:}{quote} ...

Drag and Drop images onto other images
Hi -   I'm not sure if anyone has seen the play room on the Wonderful Graffiti site (http://secure.wonderfulgraffiti.com/playRoom/flash/playRoom.php), but it does some cool stuff with being able to move decor around a room, paint walls, etc.  Can that kind of functionality be done using ASP.net/AJAX?  If so, any hints as to where to look to find out more?  Or even a consulting agency that could help with that kind of development?  (Or even what "that kind of development" should properly be called!)  Obviously I'm quite ignorant at this... ...

Drag and drop images on a image control
Hi,  I am developing a photo editor site. My customer has a requirment like, there should an option to drag a picture and drop on the photo editor image place hodler, the drag and drop option should be there for physical file from windows explorer and from the photo album created in the site. How to do drag and drop of a picture on a web form?...

drag and drop images
Sir, I am developing a online photoshop website. In this site i am displaying images of client like below link . http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/image-slideshow-5/image-slideshow-5.html If any of the photos wants to him, then he can drag the images from display and drop into container. Here container is a collection of dragged images. this is the functionality. How it is possible... Can any one help please. Help full  Examples  http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/scripts/drag-drop-custom/demo-drag-drop-1.html  )Shivakmar Dagam You may be intere...

drag and drop image
Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition: I need to drag and drop an image from one PictureBox to another PictureBox where: 1) the image is visible while being dragged2) the image can be dropped at any location within the target PictureBox3) the image can be rotated within the target PictureBox As you are creating a Windows Forms application, and not an ASP.NET application, you will need to ask your questions on the MSDN Forums. Alister...

Drag and Drop Images
Hello. I'm trying to produce the following functionality: I have a big image and I want to drag a smaller image over it. I want to be able to get the coordinates of the smaller images and sent it back to the server. Can anybody help me? Thanks. Sure.  It's functionality in the Futures release, and there's a great article on it at codeproject:  http://www.codeproject.com/Ajax/AtlasDragNDrop.asp  As for sendign the info to the server, consider using the webservice hookups (scriptservice) that are in the online docs....

Drag and Drop images
Name: Tim Sykes Email: thedotartdepartmentatvirgindotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Drag and Drop images Comments: Hi, Only just updated to Firefox 3.0.1. on Mac OSX 10.4.11 With the old Firefox i could drag images off websites and place them into piles on my desktop where my cursor was hovering and when released would rop image at that point. Now with the updated it does not drop images where I would like them, It seperates them out into individual images so I have to then create piles of images as a second step. I buy props for films and need to drag images off sites, keep...

Drag and Drop in delphi
Hi All, Can anyone help me how to create drag emails into thunderbird using delphi 6.Please help me it is very urgent. Regards PT ravindra p wrote: > Hi All, > > Can anyone help me how to create drag emails into thunderbird using > delphi 6.Please help me it is very urgent. For drag & drop to another application you have to implement OLE drag&drop. Delphi has no support for that natively, but there are free (and not so free) 3rd-party offerings. http://www.melander.dk ( http://users.on.net/johnson/delphi/ as alternative) http://codecentral.borl...

'Write': Drag and drop images in new mail causes errors. Receipient cannot save images.
Name: Harald Boetz Email: herboetz_at_tiscali.nl Product: Thunderbird Summary: 'Write': Drag and drop images in new mail causes errors. Receipient cannot save images. Comments: Using latest version 1.5.0.5., XP Prof, 3GHz CPU/1GB RAM. Drag and drop images in new mail and editing text in between can cause errors. Sometimes, At a certain moment it is not possible to insert more jpg images into a new html message. Sometimes sending the message is not possible (hangs). If the message could be sent after editing another new mail, the receipient cannot save the images by: c...

Drag n Drop javascript works for single image not for images put in Datalist????urgent please reply
Hi,guysi have javascript  for drag n drop image ,that is working perfectly for single image. <style type="text/css"><!--.moveable {             position: absolute;             cursor: move;           }          --></style><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">   var selObj = null;   ...

Unable to drag and drop images
Name: 3D Renders Email: 3drendersatcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Unable to drag and drop images Comments: Example: I create a folder on my desktop called newfiles. When I visit a site like Daz3D.com, I may purchase a model. I used to view the info on the model and drag the promo pix to my newfiles folder for later viewing. Suddenly, December 27, 2008, I am unable to drag and drop images in this manner. I have made no changes to my system so I was wondering if you knew why this happened. Thanks in advance and keep up the good work. Browser Details: Mozilla/5...

Drag and drop into TPanel [Edit]
Dear Embarcadero, It seems it is possible to create a drag and drop for a TPanel. However, I can't get it working. When the user drags a file into a TPanel, I want to extract its filename. But right now, I'm getting the following error: "E2316 'Drop' is not a member of 'TMessage'". This is right because somehow I need to convert TMessage to TWMDropFiles. But don't know how I could do this. Is there somebody who can help me with this? Kind regards, Will Dento My code: *.cpp* {code} __fastcall TForm5::TForm5(TComponent* Owner) :...

Web resources about - Drag drop images to canvas [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.general

Twist Image
At Twist Image, we connect brands to people and people to brands. Let us show you what we mean.

Wikipedia:WikiProject Images and Media/Photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This WikiProject 's primary aim is to encourage the contribution and improvement of photographs on Wikipedia. The project seeks to act as a focal ...

Turkish military release radar image tracking Russian fighter jet over Turkish territory before attack ...
A radar track released by the Turkish military purports to show the downed Russian Su-24 fighter passing over Turkish territory before it was ...

LG’s six-day-old smartwatch canceled due to “image quality issues”
... hours under severe conditions, it was revealed that this component failed to meet LG’s quality standards and could potentially impact our image ...

GOP establishment fears Donald Trump could permanently tarnish Republican party image - The Boston Globe ...
... nominating process begins and Trump still leading in polls, GOP leaders are growing concerned about long-lasting damage to the party’s image ...

Adele has an awesome take on body image
In an interview with SiriusXM's Jenny Eliscu , Adele talked about her philosophy on body image issues. Her overall outlook is simple: embrace ...

“Gal Gadot reveals the first image from the ‘Wonder Woman’ movie” links
The first photo of Gal Gadot from the stand-alone Wonder Woman movie. [Dlisted] Did Nicki Minaj side-eye Jennifer Lopez’s “Anaconda” performance? ...

Struggling to Find Free Images? Check Out VisualHunt
As you probably know, adding images to your website or blog is essential to make it popular over time. Not only will the images make your content ...

‘The Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Puts Nazi Images On NYC Subway Cars
Based on the Philip K. Dick novel, Amazon ’s new drama series The Man in the High Castl e imagines a world in which the Axis powers won World ...

Scientists Captured Images Of A New Planet Being Born
Astronomers have spotted a planet in the act of formation for the first time ever, by searching for the special red light the process emits. ...