Derived Control - Click Event

I'm trying to create a control derived from TWinControl.  I've declared the
OnClick event in the published section and it shows up on the object inspector
when the control is sited on a form.

However, if I dbl click on the even in the object inspector and and assign a
handler for it, it never gets called.

I've also tried overriding the Click procedure but that doesn't help either.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee

Wrong newsgroup. If you do not get an answer here post to
vcl.components.writing.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
0
Bill Todd wrote:
> Wrong newsgroup. If you do not get an answer here post to
> vcl.components.writing.

Oops.  You're right.  Please ignore and I will repost there.

--
Warm Regards,

Lee
0
Lee

Init event being raised twice for controls inside a templated Wizard-derived control
When using a template inside a Wizard-derived control, for example CreateUserWizard, the Init event is raised twice for controls inside the template. For example:  <asp:CreateUserWizard ... /> <WizardSteps> <asp:TemplatedWizardStep ... /> <ContentTemplate> <asp:Literal OnInit="Literal_Init" ... /> <%-- .... --%> </ContentTemplate> </asp:TemplatedWizardStep /> </WizardSteps> </asp:CreateUserWizard>  The method Literal_Init will be called twice. Apparently this is ...

how do i register controls on a page after page_load() in an event so that the controls viewstate and events still work?
I am builing a Tab Control as a base class i am using webControl. I am having an issue not with the tab control but with controls that are dependant on the information it provides. The information provided is needed inorder to load subsuquent controls but this information is not available until after a click event is executed in the tab control, which occors after the page_Load() of the page the TabControls exists on. These subsuquent controls with are loading with in an event after the page_load() executes have two problems, the first is that their events are not being registered and the...

Control Skin in derived controls
Hi,   I want to use a control skin in differents derived classes from GridView. I defined the named control skin for GridView <asp:GridView runat="server" SkinId="gridviewSkin"…   And try to use in the derived classes, but it doesn’t work. <cc2:DerivedGridView  runat="server" id="grid1" SkinID="gridviewSkin"   Any idea on how make this work?   The only workaround I found is write a control skin for each derived control, but I want to write just one.   Thanks,...

Calendar Control inside Repeater, Handling Child control events in parent Data Control
Hi all,I've been researching a problem i have for a couple of days now and i'm still not sure how to even start to handle it.I'm essentially trying to build a page that will display custom form fields/controls for individual items/rows inside a repeater.I've got a fairly complex calendar i need to have working inside each individual row of the Repeater. The calendar is set up to fire the following events: OnDayRender="Calendar2_DayRender" OnSelectionChanged="Calendar2_SelectionChanged" OnVisibleMonthChanged="Calendar2_VisibleMonthChanged"My first question is how do i go about handling these...

how to raise server control event(control defined inside user control) from host page?
I have built a user control(using c#,net 2.0,VS2005,MS-SQL server 2005),which contains set of 3 button,save,cancel and next and wud be reused/displayed in multiple pages.As the name says,they are suppose to update on save,reset the fields   on cancel and navigate to another page on next.How do i raise the onClick event for all of these button individually,from the individual host page?I do not have/do not prefer any logic,event handler etc.. defined in the user control for these buttons,since every host page have different set of parameters for save,cancel etc.Thanks...

C++ Events like Delphi events
Hello everyone, This is not exactly a doubt about Delphi programming, it is more related to C++ programming, but, as I´m used to Delphi programming, I´m a little confused with some aspects of C++ Programming.. The problem that I have is with object events on C++, for example, I have the simple classes: TMyObject = class private FEvent: TNotifyEvent; procedure TriggerEvent; public OnEvent: TNotifyEvent read FOnEvent write FOnEvent; end; OK, This is a simple class that I want to use on several different places in my program, inside several differ...

Separate accordion events with control events
Hi ,  I have an accordion and I am adding a checkbox and a button to its header. Is there a way to separate the events fired by clicking the checkbox and button, and that of the accordion itself? Any help is truly appreciated   Hi Blueyybaby, Based on my experience, I think the easiest way is use client methods.  You can set Accordion's SuppressHeaderPostbacks property to "false"(forbid the control post back automatically) and attach different javascript functions to the CheckBox and the Button.The different javascript will do what you expec...

TreeView control events restricted by other controls.
 I'm currently having a problem using a treeview control inside an update panel. I one update panels (containing the treeview) that is conditional update with triggers bound to a couple buttons. Those buttons are part of a second update panel which also contains a few labels, couple textboxes, and a dropdown list. That update panel updates conditionally when a node in the tree view is selected. When I select a node I populate the labels, text boxes, and select one of the values in the drop-down list. The problem is that if there's anything in the drop-down list or text-boxes it ...

Control events inside a LoginView control
From asp.net 05 I'm sure this is an easy question but how would you work with a control's event when it is inside a LoginView?  For example: <asp:LoginView....>         <LoggedInTemplate>                <asp:ChangePassword ID="cp" runat="server" OnContinueButtonClick =                   "ChangePassword1_ContinueButtonClick"> </asp:ChangePassword> &nbs...

Button events on control within a control
Hi, I have a control that manages user information. Depending on the user or who is requesting the information I want to add controls (such as security clearance (SC)) to the user maintenance (UM) control. I have been using System.Web.UI.UserControl class for both the UM control and the SC control. I can load the SC control fine. The problem is that I have an asp:LinkButton in the SC control <asp:LinkButton cssclass="CommandButton" Text="Update" runat="server" id="btUpdate"> Update</asp:LinkButton> I have the ...

Controls and Control Events inside TabPanel
Hi.  I have an AJAX TabContainer which has it's TabPanels programmatically added using the Tabs.Add method.  I'm working with an ECommerce website, and the the TabContainer will contain tabs for each address a user has in their online address book.  For example - If a user has 5 addresses, the TabContainer will display 5 tabs.  The customer will click on each tab to view/edit the respective address. I must create one form/template/user-control which will contain all the controls etc to display an address.  Then I must add an instance of that form to each tab...

Selecting event fires before control event
 Hi, My problem is as follows. I have a page with:- a dropdownlist- an object datasource - an updatepanel containing a Janus GridEx controlThe grid is bound to the datasource. The updatepanel has one trigger: the dropdownlist selectedIndexChanged event. I want to use the dropdownlist to filter items. In the Datasource Selecting event I do this:e.InputParameters["status"] = ddlFilterStatus.SelectedValue;Now the problem is that SelectedValue still contains the previous value, i think because the datasource loads it's data before the control is updated. A dirty workaroun...

Control Event Handlers event order.
For change events etc. is there any documentation on the order they will fire? Specifically If I have an aspx page containing a user control will all of the change events for the page be processed before those of the user control? TIA,  Martin   See the following - ASPX Page LifeCycle http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178472.aspx Control Events should fire after Page_Load. The order of the actual controls will determine the sequence of control events, and the sequence of events raised by an individual control will be determined by that control. Rgds, Ma...

Controlling User Controls Events by WebForm
Hi, Okay, I have one asp.net page which consits of 2 User Controls. Each user Controls has 1 button each which is "Add Customer" and "Add Dress" respectively. The webform also have 1 button. Now I want That once I press the webform button the user controls "Add Customer" event and "Add Dress" event is automatically fired. HighOnCodingWanna get high! Basically you need to create references to the User Controls on the parent page and have public methods in the controls that the parent page can call. Below is some sample code that should g...

Capture Control Event In User Control
I have an ASP.NET application that uses a user control.  The user control is composed of a TextBox control and an HtmlSelect control.  I need to capture an event when an item is selected in the HtmlSelect control of the user control.  How do I capture that event since the control is in another control?  When an item is selected in the user control then nothing happens in the page or form it is housed in.Thanks,cj Add a custom public event to your usercontrol.  Inside the usercontrol, you would handle the event from your htmlselect and then you can raise your cust...

Web resources about - Derived Control - Click Event - embarcadero.delphi.general

Brain-derived neurotrophic factor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Although the vast majority of neurons in the mammalian brain are formed prenatally, parts of the adult brain retain the ability to grow new neurons ...

40 - A rummy derived italian card game ' Scala 40 ' - free on the App Store on iTunes
Get 40 - A rummy derived italian card game ' Scala 40 ' - free on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jeff Seeney orders Moreton Bay Regional Council to remove references to climate change-derived sea level ...
Queensland's Deputy Premier forces all references to climate change-derived sea level rises be removed from a council's development plan.

CSIS may use intelligence derived from torture, Toews says
Public Safety Minister Vic Toews has reversed Canadian policy, quietly directing Canada's spy agency to use information that may have been extracted ...

Alfa Romeo wants to build a Ferrari-derived V6 engine
Alfa Romeo is working on two new engines – a "high output" turbo-four and a "Ferrari-derived" V6

【cell】美国大学科研小组成功制作人类克隆ES细胞- Human Embryonic Stem Cells Derived by Somatic Cell N - 医药生命科学动态跟踪 -丁香园论坛
Reprogramming somatic cells into pluripotent embryonic stem cells (ESCs) by somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) has been envisioned as an approach ...

The Lone Star Le Mans part two: Road-derived racers
Elle Cayabyab Gitlin The GTLM field takes the green flag for the TUSC race. 12 more images in gallery Last month, we were at the Circuit of ...

Official: Peugeot reveals Le Mans-derived 208 Hybrid FE prototype
Filed under: Concept Cars , Frankfurt Motor Show , Hybrid , Europe , Hatchback , Peugeot You can't leave a team of racing engineers sitting ...

Honda N600-derived retro city car revealed?
... on our shores, however. With its diminutive size and output, odds are this one will stay reserved for the Japanese market. Honda N600-derived ...

Ted Cruz's office says "in the mid-1990s, the Harvard Law School faculty included numerous self-described ...
That's in response to a New Yorker article quoting something Cruz said in a speech 3 years ago. (What Cruz said back then, at an Americans for ...