Delphi XE7 sorting a TStringList

Hi, I use a TStringList with property sorted := TRUE but the result is
unexpected
eg. the items (sorted) are :

"1033216057","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"1034427614","10/08/2015","01/01/2014",,,,
"-1036990773","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"-103955158","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"1040585906","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"104936271","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"-1053258048","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"-105671677","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,
"1058129439","10/08/2015","30/12/1899",,,,

(the first char of the string is a double quote)

as you can see the sorting ignores the minus sign !

what can I do to solve this problem, please ?

thanks in advance
0
Papas

Papas Jim wrote:

> (the first char of the string is a double quote)
>
> as you can see the sorting ignores the minus sign !
>
> what can I do to solve this problem, please ?

You need to implement it passing a custom Sort method that implements
Natural Sort.

Check this post, you can find how to use custom sort, them you only
have to implement the sort code.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2175066/how-can-i-get-tstringlist-to-sort-differently-in-delphi

Regards,

Cesar Romero
0
Cesar

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi XE7
How can I upgrade Intraweb delivered with Delphi XE7 to the last version of Intraweb? Sincerly Toni > {quote:title=Toni Santa wrote:}{quote} > How can I upgrade Intraweb delivered with Delphi XE7 to the last version of Intraweb? > > Sincerly > Toni Hi Toni, we are just finishing a new IW 14 version, including XE7 support. It should be available for download within a couple of days. Best regards I'm a little confused...What is installed with it now then? Also the (downloaded) demos don't compile with it. Jeff "Alexandre Machado" wr...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Web resources about - Delphi XE7 sorting a TStringList - embarcadero.delphi.general

Comparison of programming languages (string functions) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
String functions are used in computer programming languages to manipulate a string or query information about a string (some do both). Most ...

Bitwise Magazine :: Chrome - marc hoffman interview
Bitwise Magazine :: the free online magazine for programmers and technical users

Issues - dwscript - Delphi Web Script general purpose scripting engine - Google Project Hosting
My favorites ▼ - Sign in dwscript Delphi Web Script general purpose scripting engine Project Home Downloads Wiki Issues Source New issue Search ...