Delphi IDE running on Linux using WINE

Hi,

I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however).

Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this.

I have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42

Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future.

So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work.

The installation is not straight forward, but manageable, I've written a How-to that is displayed in the test results page for all newer versions of Delphi.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32440 (see "Installation How-to" at the bottom).

The main issue I currently have is that the IDE frequently shows the "Error" dialog with an access violation in "gdi32.dll". It can be ignored, but is kind of annoying.

The designer, the object inspector, the compiler and the debugger all seem to work so far :)

You can see the debugger in action here:

http://postimg.org/image/o77zhkadn/

--
Regards
Jens Mühlenhoff - ACCURATA Informationssysteme GmbH

Delphi IDE running on Linux / WINE
Hi, I have recently retested the Delphi IDE on WINE and was surprised that it actually worked (there are issues however). Since I'd really like to use Delphi outside a VM on my Linux system, I decided to invest some time into this and have now become the official maintainer of Delphi in the WINE appdb: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=42 Any other test results are welcome, I'm going to test all the Delphi versions I have access to in the near future. So far I know that Delphi XE3 and Delphi XE7 work. The installation is not straigh...

Running Delphi SoapServer on Linux using Wine
Has anyone managed to run a Delphi SoapServer on a Linux using wine? Last time I tried I was getting some OLE errors. Sandeep ...

Delphi IDE on Linux / WINE
Hi, I took some time to test Delphi XE3 and XE7 on Linux / WINE and was surprised that it works (with some issues). The installation is also not straight forward, but I have written a How-to on appdb.winehq.org: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32440 (see the Installation How-to at the bottom) I'm going to test for all Delphi versions that I have access to in the near future. You can see the debugger in action here: :) http://postimg.org/image/o77zhkadn/ -- Regards Jens Mühlenhoff - ACCURATA Informationssysteme GmbH ...

Delphi IDE on Linux / WINE #2
Hi, I took some time to test Delphi XE3 and XE7 on Linux / WINE and was surprised that it works (with some issues). The installation is also not straight forward, but I have written a How-to on appdb.winehq.org: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=32440 (see the Installation How-to at the bottom) I'm going to test for all Delphi versions that I have access to in the near future. You can see the debugger in action here: :) http://postimg.org/image/o77zhkadn/ -- Regards Jens Mühlenhoff - ACCURATA Informationssysteme GmbH ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 64bit versus Delphi Mac/Linux
interesting comments... http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/?p=452 "Ralf Stocker" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:127800@forums.codegear.com... > interesting comments... > http://www.deltics.co.nz/blog/?p=452 A very small fraction of Delphi users actually need the memory access of 64 bit, and 32 bit apps will work the same on x64 anyway. A small fraction of Delphi users actually need cross-platform support. I'm not sure if having either first will 'save' Delphi from the 'traditional' tools for each platform (VS, Cocoa, Eclipse, et...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

To use or not to use Delphi

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Web resources about - Delphi IDE running on Linux using WINE - embarcadero.delphi.general

Running - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the type of locomotion in humans. For running in horses, see Horse gait . For locomotion in dogs, see Gait (dog) . For ...

Jarryd Hayne in frame after injury to San Francisco 49ers running back Shaun Draughn
&#8203;The San Francisco 49ers' running back injury curse has struck again and it could elevate Jarryd Hayne back into the beleaguered NFL team's ...

Coping with losing a child – running from grief to health
When&nbsp;Melbourne mum Sally&nbsp;Heppleston&nbsp;heard about &quot;Heartbreak Hill&quot;&nbsp;&ndash; a two-kilometre steep ascent on Sydney's ...

Meet the 17-Year-Old Running a Profitable Agency out of His Prep-School Dorm Room
Marketing exec Max Baron has a jam-packed day. Today, he's reaching out to five clients, facilitating a mailing giveaway, planning his firm's ...

HILLARY AND THE U.N.: Your 2016 Democrat Running Mates
By Anne Bayefsky Islamic activists say 9/11 and San Bernardino were terrible — because of their effects on Muslims. O ver at the United Nations, ...

Report: Patriots sign running back Steven Jackson - The Boston Globe Report: Patriots sign running back ...
An 11-year veteran, Jackson has been out of the league since being released by the Falcons in January.

Running back LeSean McCoy the lone Pro Bowl selection for Bills
LeSean McCoy's first season with the Buffalo Bills will end with a trip to the Pro Bowl. Maybe. The running back was the lone member of the team ...

What pirates, hackers, and gangsters can teach you about running a business
Kyra Maya Phillips recalls sitting in a room with an ex-convict who was fresh out of prison after 21 years. Suddenly he stood up and told her, ...

Poll: Trump running away from GOP field
GOP candidate Donald Trump appears to end 2015 as the dominant force in the race for 2016's Republican nomination for president, a new CNN/ORC ...

Williams-Sonoma Wasn’t Really Running A ‘Buy One Knife, Get 99 Free’ Sale
Some of our readers experience a modern moral dilemma: they order an item online, and multiple duplicates of that item appear on their doorstep. ...