Delphi applications and accent border in Windows 10

Question about running existing Delphi applications on Windows 10:
In Win10 accent color is an additional border in all 4 directions around the selected window.
In my delphi application sometimes the bottom part of the accent border is missing,
while the accent color border is visible in the top, in the left and in the right side of the active window.
It seems it has something to do with window height - at specific window height the bottom accent border disappears...

Any idea what could be done to make accent border always visible regardless of the window size?
I am using XE6.

Thanks.
0
Andrej

Windows 10 and Delphi
It would be nice if MS would support Object Pascal http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/technology/microsoft-looks-to-windows-10-for-a-jolt-in-the-mobile-realm.html ...

Windows 10 and Delphi
So, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfveyXCsiA8 WinRT may not be called WinRT but "Windows Store Apps" are not going away. Microsoft has been pushing and continues to push their Universal Apps as the first-class way to build software for Windows going forward, and it is now obvious that they are not limited to tablet-ey devices and will be front-and-center on the desktop (in windows, yay). Windows Phone may never amount to much from a market share standpoint but "Windows Store" already does. When it comes to consumer-level stuff, it's reasonable to th...

Windows 10 and Delphi
It would be nice if MS would support Object Pascal http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/19/technology/microsoft-looks-to-windows-10-for-a-jolt-in-the-mobile-realm.html ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Windows 8 Application with Delphi
Hi all: With the release of MS windows 8 beta today, is it possible to create Metro style (with Touch interface) applications with Delphi? Is there a beta version of Delphi you would need for this? Thanks Bob Bob McKinnon wrote: > Is there a beta > version of Delphi you would need for this? If anybody answered this question Embarcadero would have to kill them. ;-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." -- Confucius So is visual studio my best bet? I believe they have a beta versio...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Can Windows applications be developed with Delphi?
From the "Application Development Tools" page... +"RAD Studio is app development for teams building true native apps for Android and iOS, and getting them to app stores and enterprises fast. Build apps using the same source codebase without sacrificing app quality, connectivity or performance. With native Android and iOS support, reach the largest addressable mobile markets in the world."+ *Not a word about Windows.* ....and the description for "RAD Studio XE 5" - +"Multi-device, true native app development for Android and iOS"+ - *Again, nothin...

Windows 10 Project Centennial with Delphi?
With Windows 10 Microsoft is introducing serveral [platform bridges|https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridges] to allow different forms of apps into the Windows Store. I'm curious about Project Centennial which will "make it possible to package and publish your current .NET and *Win32-based Windows applications* to the Windows Store, providing a new way of distributing and monetizing your application on Windows PCs." Does anyone know if applications built with Delphi will be able to make it into the Microsoft Store? ...

How to integrate the Delphi application into Windows Explorer?
I would like my application to integrate into the Windows Explorer pop-up menu in a manner similar to what WinZip, TortoiseSVN and others do. But I don't know how it is done.... Can someone here please give me some pointers (and possibly example code) on how it is done? I need it to work on all Win OS:es from XP-Pro except XP-Pro X64. The most important now is of course support for Win7 and Win7x64. TIA -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden Bo Berglund wrote: > I need it to work on all Win OS:es from XP-Pro except XP-Pro X64. > The most important now is of course s...

Delphi XE application on Windows 8
Hi, I am using Delphi XE to develop my application. The app runs fine on XP, Vista and Win7. When it is run on Win8, however, the user says that the app always starts up with a small form size so he has to re-size it each time before he can use it. He also says that if he runs it in XP Compatibility Mode then it starts ok with the correct form size. I've tried setting the main form height and width in the OnActivate event but this makes no difference. It seems that the user can re-size the app but the app cannot re-size itself! I don't have a Win8 machine yet to test this myself. Does anyone know if this is a Delphi XE issue or is it specific to Windows 8? Is there a solution? Thanks Kevin Kevin Hughes wrote: > Hi, > I am using Delphi XE to develop my application. The app runs fine on XP, Vista and Win7. When it is run on Win8, however, the user says that the app always starts up with a small form size so he has to re-size it each time before he can use it. He also says that if he runs it in XP Compatibility Mode then it starts ok with the correct form size. > > I've tried setting the main form height and width in the OnActivate event but this makes no difference. It seems that the user can re-size the app but the app cannot re-size itself! > > I don't have a Win8 machine yet to test this myself. Does anyone know if this is a Delphi XE issue or is it specific to Windows 8? Is there a solution? > > Thanks > Kevin...

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > > Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products? What does the license agreement say? (I don't think I've ever seen a license agreement that has amnesty clauses written into it.) Why do you think you violated the license? Were you caught? Do you WANT to be caught? Do you WANT to be sued? Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance Am 29.12.2011 19:22, schrieb Ivan Ivanov: > Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in adv...

Delphi
Dear All, Sorry to ask 2 questions in 24 hours! (I have just come back to using Delphi after a break and I am finding the 2009 version fanstastic! - Just installing 2010 also!) Does anyone know how to call windows to hide/show the Wireless Networking Tray icon in Windows XP from Delphi? Many Thanks Mark <Mark Williams> wrote in message news:178978@forums.codegear.com... > Does anyone know how to call windows to hide/show the > Wireless Networking Tray icon in Windows XP from Delphi? System Tray icons can only be shown/hidden by the apps that call Shell_Notify...

Windows 10 Project Centennial with Delphi? [Edit]
With Windows 10 Microsoft is introducing serveral platform bridges (https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridges) to allow different forms of apps into the Windows Store. I'm curious about Project Centennial which will "make it possible to package and publish your current .NET and *Win32-based Windows applications* to the Windows Store, providing a new way of distributing and monetizing your application on Windows PCs." Does anyone know if applications built with Delphi will be able to make it into the Microsoft Store? (Edit: So the "Insert link" button is broken.....

Attachments - Delphi XE6
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_a4f61.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Hello, can somebody please tell me the exact specifications/requirements for deploying a FMX application for Windows 7/8.1? I noticed that some of my prototype applications are behaving very odd when I execute them on a different machine other than my development computer. Mainly the main problem seems to be that the onpaint event for my components aren't trig...

How to run Delphi Application as Administrator in Windows 7? [Edit]
My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say. I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files. So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file. what should i do? Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM > {quote:title=chen yaopan wrote:}{quote} > My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say. > I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files. > So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file. > what should i do? > > Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM Step 1: Create XML file with following content: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0] <assemblyIdentity version="1.1.1.1" processorArchitecture="X86" name="YourApplicationExeName" type="win32"/> <description>elevate execution level</description> <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2] <security> <requestedPrivileges> <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"/> </requestedPriv...

Run applications delphi xe on tablet windows rt ?
Hello! It is possible to run my applications delphi xe on tablet windows rt? Where can I find examples? Thanks! No, this is not possible. WinRT devices are using the ARM chipset and although there is an ARM compiler just made by EMB there is at the moment only a Delphi framework (FireMonkey) that supports IOS and later Android. Delphi "native" supports Win32, Win64 and MacOS. > {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote} > No, this is not possible. WinRT devices are using the ARM chipset and > although there is an ARM compiler just made by EMB there is at th...

Indy 10: multicasting in Windows and MAC with Delphi XE2
Hi everyone, I am trying the new version of Delphi, XE2. I want to make a mDNS client / server, so I have placed the components TIdIPMCastClient and TIdIPMCastServer, and configured them. Under Windows, I have been able to send packets using the TIdIPMCastServer, although they are not with the source port 5353 (the one for mDNS), because I get always the error "address already in use". How can I workaround this problem, so I can send multicast datagrams with source port 5353? But under MAC, I have alway the error "Socket error #22, invalid argument". I have tried two ways, and I always arrived there: the first when I set the option to reuse the socket via " IdIPMCastServer1.Binding.SetSockOpt(Id_SOL_SOCKET, Id_SO_REUSEADDR, Id_SO_True);" The second one, when I try to send the packet directly (without that option), by using "IdIPMCastServer1.Binding.SendTo('224.0.0.251',5353,LBuff);". Thanks in advance, Ruben "Rubén Valls Blasco" <=?Utf-8?Q?Rub=C3=A9n_Valls_Blasco?=> wrote in message news:402911@forums.embarcadero.com... > Under Windows, I have been able to send packets using > the TIdIPMCastServer, although they are not with the > source port 5353 (the one for mDNS), because I get > always the error "address already in use". You have another socket on your machine that is already using that same IP/Port pair. You can use netstat and SysInternals tools to fig...

ASA5. Delphi client application working under Windows XP
Hello! I got a trouble. I need to run the client application under WinXP. But it doesn't work properly. When it starts it stops the loading with an error message. It works with user permissions. But if I set for this user administrator permissions all works fine. Could anyone suggest me what should I set to get the proper work of my client application? Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks in advance. If you are getting error messages, you should post them as it may help to identify the problem. Anyways, SA5 should be version 5.5.05.2817 for WindowsXP support. ...

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

delphi.general
Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can't read the group *embarcadero.public.delphi.language.delphi.general* Does anybody know if there's something wrong with it? Or maybe is my reader? (Thunderbird) I get this messagge when I try to read the latest messages: Error! newsgroup server responded:no such article found Perhaps the article has expired <692702@forums.embarcadero.com> (33145) Click here to remove all expired articles sergio wrote: > Sorry if this is "out of topic"! but since some days ago I can'...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2
Hi, Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? Thanks, Alain On 03/02/2012 08:55, Alain Dekker wrote: > Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in > London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. > > Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the > UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being > more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 > bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from > Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? I recently upgraded a sizeable (Paradox) app from D3 to XE2 and was pleasantly surprised. About 20-30 hours once I understood how XE2 works. Andrew -- Andrew Gabb email: agabb@tpgi.com.au Adelaide, South Australia phone: +61 8 8342-1021 ----- Recently moved a lexicographic application from D2007 to XE2 with little pain. As you would imagine, it is heavily string-based, with much use of TStringLists, cuttin...

Web resources about - Delphi applications and accent border in Windows 10 - embarcadero.delphi.general

Patent application could see the Apple Watch calling 911 when it detects a heart-attack
A patent application describes how the Apple Watch and iPhone could work together to detect medical emergencies like a heart attack, and automatically ...

Donald Trump is causing a spike in naturalization applications among Latino immigrants
... report published today in the New York Times, Donald Trump’s overtly racist rhetoric against Latinos has led to a spike in naturalization applications ...

Western Digital Introduces Its First Helium-Filled HDDs for Consumer Applications
... two models with 10 TB capacity. This week Western Digital unveiled the world’s first family of helium-filled HDDs designed for consumer applications, ...

Introducing Analytics for Google Cast Applications
... Engineer on the Google Cast Server Infrastructure Team As a Google Cast developer, you may be wondering how many devices access your application, ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decreased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 27% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 4.8 percent from one week earlier, ...

Review: 5 application security testing tools compared
Users weigh in on favorite features, room for improvement.

Mortgage applications eke out gain
A growing divide in the mortgage market has emerged between refinance applications and those needed to purchase a home.

IDG Contributor Network: GoDaddy goes cloud, and throws in applications for good measure
GoDaddy is a funny beast. On the one hand the hosting business is huge, boasting 14 million customers worldwide and managing over 60 million ...

Want To Fly A Passenger Jet? JetBlue Is Now Taking Applications From Novice Pilots
Tired of the daily grind, and yearning to spend your work hours among the clouds, using a public address system to tell people to sit back, relax, ...