Delphi 2009 and Indy 10 CharSet encoding problem

Hi guys,

I'm sending some e-mails with my app, but the body text of my messages
isnt displaying like expected ...

example: I write some text with this characters ç ã é ó the text is
changed to another char like "g".

How can I fix that ? I've tryed to change the CharSet to Windows 1252
but nothing happened ...

Any tips ?

Regards,
Diego Garcia

--
Regards,
Loki

"Loki Man" <lokiman@hoknows.com> wrote in message

> I've tryed to change the CharSet to Windows 1252 but nothing happened ...

The TIdMessage.CharSet property does not actually encode anything.  You have
to encode the text manually.

Assuming that you are using the Indy 10 that shipped with D2009, try
upgrading to a newer snapshot from Indy's SVN server.  One change in
particular that was recently made to TIdMessage was to encode emails as
UTF-8 by default when Indy is used in 2009.  The version that shipped with
2009 did not do that.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks for the help ;)

--
Regards,
Loki

> Hi Remy, what folder should I download from svn ?
> The Tiburon branche ?

Yes.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

I've uninstalled the previous packages from delphi 2009
then I get the branch from svn, compiled the core (dclIndyCore130.dpk),
the system (IndySystem130.dpk) and the protocols (IndyProtocol.130).

Renamed the old lib dir from delphi installation, and put all new dcus
compiled to the new empty folder of libs.

Opened My App, compiled, run and same thing happened ...

Any tips ?

--
Regards,
Loki

> Any tips ?

You will just have to encode the data manually until Indy is updated to do
automated encoding.  That is going to be awhile, as that new code is waiting
on other support code to be finished at the lower levels first.  There is
still a lot of work that needs to be done to make Indy more Unicode-enabled.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Any tips will help me on start my research ;)
Thanks for your great help as always ;)

--
Regards,
Loki

Problem with IdIPMCastClient Indy 10 Delphi 2009
Migrating an app from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, I have run into a problem with IdIPMCastClient. Set Active to false raise exception 10049 cannot set address. Close the socket or reset socket you get either 10022 or 10038 If you disconnect and connect again by the 3rd time you will not receive any data. Having trouble updating to lastest dev snapshot. Any suggestions Regards Mike > {quote:title=Michael DuPree wrote:}{quote} > Migrating an app from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, I have run into a problem with IdIPMCastClient. > Set Active to false raise exception 10049 cannot ...

Problem about Indy 10, IdTelnet component in Delphi 2009
Dear all: I make a simple test telnet program communicate with a linux server , through Idtelnet component , I specify the host property with a server ip, use a button to connect to the server . and display the welcome message in a memo . code as blew : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin Telnet.Connect; end; procedure TForm1.TelnetDataAvailable(Sender: TIdTelnet; const Buffer: string); begin Memo1.Lines.Add(Buffer); end; But when I click the button , the message displayed in the memo is like " }} }#}' ", not the normal...

Delphi 2009 / indy 10 html email unicode problem
I have updating an email application to delphi 2009 from delphi 2006. I now have the problem that html emails in in cyrrilic or greek are not send correctly. The code I used is: with IdMessage do begin clear; IsEncoded := true; Charset := 'utf-8'; ContentType :='multipart/alternative'; Encoding := meMime; UseNowForDate := true; Subject := MailSjabloon.Subject; From.Name := MailSjabloon.AfzenderNaam; From.Address ...

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Indy 10 install problem / Delphi 2006
I recently did a wipe-and-reinstall on my PC. I installed Delphi 2006 and now I am trying to install the newer version of Indy10 as the one that comes with the Delphi 2006 install has bugs. I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx and I downloaded the new version from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip I unzipped the relevant directories into a new subdirectory I created under C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\source\Indy10New\Lib When I began step 3, which says "Now open these .dpk files and click install...

Indy 10.6 compilation with Delphi 2009
With the current Subversion branch, the Delphi 2009 compiler shows these errors: C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(287) Error: E2137 Method 'GetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(289) Error: E2137 Method 'SetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(322) Fatal: F2063 Could not compile used unit 'IdIDN.pas' TIdStackWindows in System\IdStackWindows.pas, Lines 287 to 290: procedure GetSocketOption(ASocket: TIdStackSocketHandle; ALevel...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Badly Decoded Body in Indy 10, Delphi 2009
I'm trying to use Indy 10 Tiburon from the fulgan website with Delphi 2009. I have TIdMessage.NoEncode=true. When I do a TIdTNNTP.GetBody I get the following type of gobbledy-gook for the body, instead of a body with regular and Japanese unicode characters '<h4>'#$D#$A'ã'#$81#$84'ã'#$81'¤ã'#$82#$82'ã'#$81#$8A'ä¸'#$96'話ã'#$81'«ã'#$81'ªã'#$81'£ã'#$81'¦ã'#$81#$8A'ã'#$82#$8A'ã&...

game with delphi 2009 multi player (Indy 10) [Edit]
I am developing a game for a lan-house with delphi 2009 and am using the Indy10. I have 10 rooms and each room has 5 player who can play in all rooms at the same time. I control this. What is the best way? I'm using TIdTCPServer and TIdTCPClient. Does anyone have any suggestions? TIdScheduler? or a simple example to understand me? Thank you staff Thank Loest Silva Edited by: Loester Silva on May 17, 2009 1:10 AM > {quote:title=Loester Silva wrote:}{quote} > I am developing a game for a lan-house with delphi 2009 and am using the Indy10. I have 10 rooms and each...

Web resources about - Delphi 2009 and Indy 10 CharSet encoding problem - embarcadero.delphi.general

Encoding (memory) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Visual, acoustic, and semantic encodings are the most intensively used. Other encodings are also used. Acoustic encoding is the encoding of auditory ...

Twitter image encoding challenge
If a picture's worth 1000 words, how much of a picture can you fit in 140 characters? Note : That's it folks! Bounty deadline is here, and after ...

【medical-news】Genetic Variation in NR1H4 Encoding the Bile Acid Receptor FXR - 医药生命科学动态跟踪 -丁香园论坛
Context: Bile acid signaling via farnesoid X receptor (FXR) regulates glucose and lipid levels, fat mass, and hepatic steatosis in animal models.Objective: ...

HandBrake Open Source video transcoder v0.10 released with hundreds of new features including H.265 and ...
... can be used for transcribing many different types of files/codecs to almost any other. Today’s headliner updates include H.265 and VP8 encoding. ...

CJK Type - CJK Fonts, Character Sets & Encodings. All CJK. All of the time.
As I wrote nearly a year ago , the Adobe-Identity-0 ROS is useful for building special-purpose fonts, especially CJK ones whose glyph coverage ...

Link Encoding Goes Mobile With Deep Links From Bitly
... Facebook and Google have been competing to bring the best solution for tracking deeplinks . This week, Bitly announced its own linking encoding ...

Encoding Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest Encoding Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

AirMovie - Enjoy the videos in your PC anytime, anywhere with NO ENCODING!!
Holen Sie sich „AirMovie - Enjoy the videos in your PC anytime, anywhere with NO ENCODING!!“ im App Store. Sehen Sie sich Screenshots, Bewertungen ...

More tips on encoding video for Apple TV and iPod, from us to you
Apple tells video podcasters how to encode their content, which is also useful …

Handbrake 0.9.6 gives some, takes some encoding features
The Handbrake Project has announced an update to its open-source, cross-platform video transcoding utility. Handbrake 0.9.6 includes new and ...