create PDF file from delphi

Hello,
Is it posible to export data from delphi as a pdf file from qreport for example or from any other object such as string grid.
is there any commponents that do so ?

thank you

yuda
0
yuda

yuda,

On Thu, 06 May 2010 09:47:02 +0100, yuda levi  wrote:

> Is it posible to export data from delphi as a pdf file from qreport for
> example or from any other object such as string grid.
> is there any commponents that do so ?

pdfFactory (www.fineprint.com) together with the info in the "Dev Kit"
works for us.

Since it is implemented as a printer (rather than a Delphi component), it
makes all other apps on the PC PDF-capable as well.

OTOH, that does mean it's a separate install for each target PC.

(No connection other than a satisfied user of pdfFactory - and,
especially, FinePrint)

--
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems

You can create from your data a report and export the report to a PDF-file.
A lot of report components can do this like: Quickreport:

http://www.qusoft.com/Default.aspx

You can also use a component that is able to print a visual component
like Grids or Listboxes. When the component prints you select a PDF-writer
as the printer :

http://www.win2pdf.com/index.htm
0
Robert
5/6/2010 10:00:58 AM
Perhaps our open source (therefore free) PDF engine could help you.

It allows you to create a PDF by using a VCL Canvas, or print directly a TMetaFile into PDF. If you can export pages of your Report to EMF (aka TMetaFile), it's only a few lines of code:

  PDF := TPDFDocument.Create;
    try
      for i := 0 to PageCount-1 do begin
        PDF.AddPage;
        PDF.Canvas.RenderMetaFile(TMetaFile(fPages.Objects[i]),Scale);
      end;
      PDF.SaveToFile(PDFFileName);
    finally
      PDF.Free;
    end;

See http://blog.synopse.info/post/2010/05/03/Synopse-PDF-engine
0
Arnaud

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

How do you extract text from a PDF file in Delphi ?
HI, I've had a look round the web and drew a blank. Can anyone help? TIA Mark Patterson Hi, Yes this is quite difficult. The most tools are expensive and there is no cheap way I have found yet and also the free OCX of adobe is very limited. First of all you need to understand that PDF is a postscript language and not a textfile. Some PDF have no text at all but only contain pictures and that depends on the scanner or the PDF writer that is used. Normally you see this by opening the pdf in Adobe reader and see if there is a way to select the text. Is there a textcu...

I need help:File CodeGear.Delphi.Targets dammaged in Delphi X2
Hello My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets was dammaged. Delphi open but I can not compile anything. other files recovered but Windows Backup Center does no save this filetype .Targets (pay attention!) Can someone send my privatelly this file or say me where I can download it. It's Delphi X2 update 4 I tried delphi X2 repair but it gives me error Thank you. Joan Galí GTV Barcelona-Europe Solved reinstalling Delphi. El 30/06/2014 13:51, Joan Gali ha escrit: > Hello > My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targe...

I need help:File CodeGear.Delphi.Targets dammaged in Delphi X2
Hello My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets was dammaged. Delphi open but I can not compile anything. other files recovered but Windows Backup Center does no save this filetype .Targets (pay attention!) Can someone send my privatelly this file or say me where I can download it. It's Delphi X2 update 4 I tried delphi X2 repair but it gives me error Thank you. Joan Galí GTV Barcelona-Europe Solved reinstalling Delphi. El 30/06/2014 13:51, Joan Gali ha escrit: > Hello > My computer has a crash and the file CodeGear.Delphi.Targets...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/msword; name="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFAAAAbwIAAAAAAAAA EAAAcQIAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAGoCAABrAgAAbAIAAG...

How to stop Delphi 7 from creating DDP files?
My Delphi 7 Pro (yes still on the old reliable version) has begun creating new files in my projects named *.DDP which seem to be connected to forms. When I open such a file I find rubbish which seems utterly unneeded. How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files? -- Bo Berglund Developer in Sweden On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 22:28:35 -0700, Bo Berglund wrote: > How can I get Delphi to stop making these extra files? You could install DDevExtensions: http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/?page_id=10 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 0...

No File is Being Created when Using TIBOutputRawFile in Delphi XE6
I have the following procedure: procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var RawOutput: TIBOutputRawFile; FileName: string; begin RawOutput:= TIBOutputRawFile.Create; try with IBSQL1 do begin close; sql.text:= 'select * from employee'; RawOutput.FileName := 'TRANS.ibx'; BatchOutput(RawOutput); end; finally RawOutput.Free end; end; In Delphi XE6, even though this procedure is run without any exceptions, no file is being created. It created the file...

delphi can create .obj or C++ header files too?
the question is the topic. im inside delphi > Dynamic Link Library > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802543/shots/delphi.png Goga Goge wrote: > the question is the topic. > > im inside delphi > Dynamic Link Library > > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1802543/shots/delphi.png Yes, for use with C++Builder. It is not C++Builder or its compiler that generates headers and .obj files, it is the Delphi compiler that does this. If you look at the command line options for DCC32, you'll see, among many other options, something like: -JPHNE = Generate C++ .obj file, ....

Creating Database Files using Firedac (Delphi XE7)
I have been able to get Firedac to display and edit the following file types in a simple app using FDConnection, FDTable, FDPhysSQLiteDriverLink (and others according to file type) : sdb, gdb, mdb and xls (with ODBC link and drivers). I have been able to create a SQLLite File (.sdb) from scratch and add tables using roughly: FDTable1.Connection = FDConnection1; (set in form) FDConnection1.Params.Clear; FDConnection1.Params.Add('DriverID=SQLite'); FDConnection1.Params.Add('Database='+DATABASE_FILE); FDConnection1.ResourceOptions.DefaultParamType := ptOutput; ...

How to create additional files for installing Delphi component into BCB
Hi, I'm trying to automate the build process for a Delphi component that can be installed into Delphi from version 4 up to RAD Studio 2009. I had a .Bat build file that worked fine, as long as I only want to install the package into the Delphi personality of RAD Studio. Now that I also want to be able to install it into the C++ Builder personality, I'm having problems generating the additional files needed. It's further complicated in that for each version of Delphi I build two sets of binaries - the final binary, and an evaluation binary that uses a conditional define to ...

Web resources about - create PDF file from delphi - embarcadero.delphi.general

iRobot Create - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
iRobot Create is a hobbyist robot manufactured by iRobot that is based on the Roomba platform and was introduced in 2007. However, iRobot Create ...

The Knot Creates Facebook Page To Help Hurricane Sandy Victims Salvage Their Weddings
The damage in the wake of Hurricane Sandy included some 2,300 weddings that had to be postponed or rescheduled, according to wedding portal The ...

Perth man ditches day job, creates Postcode Honey hive network
He quit the mining industry to chase his dream of making ultra-local honey accessible to everyone in Perth.

Omnicom to Use P&G as Impetus to Create a Third Media Agency
Omnicom Media Group, the big winner in the P&G review, today said it's planning to launch a third agency network for which P&G will be the charter ...

Zomato for iOS now lets you create theme-based restaurant collections
... a new Collections tab that allows you to see and bookmark collections of thematically related restaurants by people you follow, and even create ...

Spotify lets you create your year in music
... and genres, top artists by season, total minutes of music streamed and total number of songs and artists played. Once your list is created ...

Verizon has hired thousands of people to create the video service it says will replace cable TV
It’s no secret that the traditional cable TV business is in trouble, as younger millennial cord-cutters don’t see a need to pay for TV service. ...

French Minister Wants To Create $7500 Electric Car “For The People”
... change revs up, Madame Ségolène Royal, the French Minister of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Energy, announced that she wants to create ...

Create your own NBA highlight reel in minutes? We're almost there
The National Basketball Association is employing technology that can quickly create custom video packages. It's only a matter of time before ...

Trump’s call to ban Muslims would create H-1B, other turmoil
Early in his campaign, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump established himself as a champion of restrictions on the H-1B visa program. ...