Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer?

Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same
computer or will they interfer with each other?

I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland)
when installing 2009?
0
Lorne

Lorne Anderson wrote:
> Can I install and run delphi 2009 and delphi 7 separately on the same
> computer or will they interfer with each other?
>
> I have delpi 7 already so do I need to choose a new folder (not c:\Borland)
> when installing 2009?

It works fine. You usually want to install the older version first.

As for folders, the root folder of each installation must be different. For instance, I use:

C:\CodeGear\Delphi7
C:\CodeGear\Delphi2007
C:\CodeGear\Delphi2009

so that I have one dir for all my Delphi installations, but each installation has its
own root dir.

Loren Szendre
0
Loren

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Can I update my Delphi 2007 lincense to Delphi 2009?
Hi all!! I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. Are there any reason for that? Can I update my version of Delphi? > {quote:title=Oscar Estevez wrote:}{quote} > Hi all!! > > I have 12 lincense of Delphi 2007. When I bought these licenses to your partner told us that we could update to Delphi 2009 free. But, now I try to do that and I can't do. > Are there any reason for that? > > Can I update my version of Delphi? ...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006
I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense. I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009. The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix. My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006. I don't know how file exte nsions or formats have changed between the two versions. Can anyone give me...

How to access Delphi 7 & 2009 after purchasing Delphi XE
I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Please respond. Regards, SB, L&T Hi sushweta biswas, > I have purchased and installed Delphi XE and now I'm unable to find information on how to download previous versions of Delphi, namely Delphi 7 and 2009. Your reseller should have told you: after registering Delphi XE, you can go to http://www.embarcadero.com/xe-earlier-versions to enter your serial number of Delphi XE as well as your EDN account informati...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 migration
Hello, for migrating a Delphi 7 application to Delphi 2009, I wonder if there is some kind of best practices guide available? For example, general pitfalls to watch out, ... or a tool which analyse the current code base in respect to problems with Delphi 2009. Basically it is a BDE based application accessing a MSSQL database. The only third-party component in use is an ActiveX thingy integrating a reporting engine. Thanks, Thomas At CodeRage 2008 session there is this Migrating your Applications to the Latest Delphi Many developers use Delphi 5, 6, 7, 2005, 2006 ...

Web resources about - Can delphi 2009 and delphi 7 be on the same computer? - embarcadero.delphi.general

Computer Show

Scientists teach computers how to learn like humans
US scientists create a computer model that enables computers to recognise and draw simple alphabet symbols that are indistinguishable from those ...

How fast is Google's quantum computer compared to a PC?
... labs can sometimes find that they just don’t have enough computing power available to them. This is despite Google owning powerful computers ...

Facebook is giving away a powerful new technology for building smart computers
... new fields in tech: machine learning and artificial intelligence. Facebook is giving away for free some hardware designs that make computers ...

Most Americans would not give up the steering wheel to a computer
... "Despite the hype around driverless cars, it seems that it's actually a minority of us who want to surrender the steering wheel to a computer," ...

UC under pressure to count high school computer science toward math requirement
UC under pressure to count high school computer science toward math requirement Contra Costa Times Romeo Pittman, 15, left, and Chris Arrington ...

Scientists teach computers to learn simple ideas faster – like humans
... University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed an algorithm that dramatically cuts back on the time it takes for computers ...

Bipartisan education bill makes computer science a priority
... Behind act, reducing federal controls on state education systems but it does something else, too. The Ever Student Succeeds act places computer... ...