XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store

My app is finally in the App Store.

My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here.

Xavier Dufaure de Citres

-----

_*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_

XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC.

You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands.

In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independent studies.

XG Mobile features:
• The strongest Backgammon program on iPhone and iPad.
• Play against computer opponent ranging in skill from Beginner to World Class
• Play against friends using XG Mobile as a portable board.
• Play unlimited sessions or Matches
• Choice of Backgammon or NackGammon Variation
• High Quality Graphics (optimized for Retina displays) , choice of multiple boards and checkers
• Ask the computer for hint at any time
• Tutor mode analyzes your choice as you play and warn you of any mistake you made, allowing you to reconsider your choice
• Setup a position, analyze it or even start a session from this position
• Games are Saved and can be copied using iTunes or emailed for later analyze on your Mac or PC
• Extensive profile information tracking your level of play, your results and dice statistics
• Competition mode allows you to play in live tournament conditions (no help, no pip count, etc...)
• Integrated help, including backgammon rules

http://www.xg-mobile.com
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xg-mobile/id536774050?mt=8
0
Xavier

Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:

> My app is finally in the App Store.

Congratulations!!!

--
Cheers,
Van

"Half of what I say is meaningless..." - John Lennon
"Your job is to figure out which half." - Van Swofford
0
Van
7/27/2012 3:58:35 PM
Le 27/07/12 16:37, Xavier Dufaure de Citres a écrit :

> My app is finally in the App Store.

Congratulations. Did you have any problems with approval?

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter [Team OOAD]
0
> {quote:title=Joanna Carter (Team OOAD) wrote:}{quote}
> Le 27/07/12 16:37, Xavier Dufaure de Citres a écrit :
>
> > My app is finally in the App Store.
>
> Congratulations. Did you have any problems with approval?
>
> Joanna
>
> --
> Joanna Carter [Team OOAD]

No it went smoothly at the first try (i guess i got lucky). It took 13 days to get approved (about 6 hours in "In review" status)
0
Xavier
7/27/2012 11:04:16 PM
> {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> Looks good, did you use any game engine for your animations?

I use the default FireMonkey animation engine, I just used a class helper to add to TFmxObject as AnimateFloat does not allow to set the OnFinish event (I needed that to trigger the sound effect).

There is still a little bug (in FM i think): after a few days running the app, animations do not work. Apparently the timer is not firing anymore. I had to add some code to check if the animation  actually occurs and if not, i am destroying, recreating the timer.

Note that I initially use a drop shadow effect. But this make the animation terribly slow.
0
Xavier
7/27/2012 11:10:06 PM
> {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> > Looks good, did you use any game engine for your animations?
>
> I use the default FireMonkey animation engine, I just used a class helper to add to TFmxObject as AnimateFloat does not allow to set the OnFinish event (I needed that to trigger the sound effect).
>
> There is still a little bug (in FM i think): after a few days running the app, animations do not work. Apparently the timer is not firing anymore. I had to add some code to check if the animation  actually occurs and if not, i am destroying, recreating the timer.
>
> Note that I initially use a drop shadow effect. But this make the animation terribly slow.

Very nice. I also have issues with my apps animations stopping after a few days running, not a good look. Will check out the timer issue you mentioned, thanks for the tip. Regarding sound, any tips for creating a simple ding or beep sound you would like to share? Sound has alluded me so far.
Alan
7/28/2012 12:33:15 AM
> {quote:title=Alan White wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> > > Looks good, did you use any game engine for your animations?
> >
> > I use the default FireMonkey animation engine, I just used a class helper to add to TFmxObject as AnimateFloat does not allow to set the OnFinish event (I needed that to trigger the sound effect).
> >
> > There is still a little bug (in FM i think): after a few days running the app, animations do not work. Apparently the timer is not firing anymore. I had to add some code to check if the animation  actually occurs and if not, i am destroying, recreating the timer.
> >
> > Note that I initially use a drop shadow effect. But this make the animation terribly slow.
>
> Very nice. I also have issues with my apps animations stopping after a few days running, not a good look. Will check out the timer issue you mentioned, thanks for the tip. Regarding sound, any tips for creating a simple ding or beep sound you would like to share? Sound has alluded me so far.
> Thanks

Here is the unit i used, actually adapted from a posting here. I did not check all the format supported, but wave file works without problem.

{code}
unit iossound;

(*  adapted from https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=68910&stqc=true *)

{$IFDEF FPC}
  {$mode objfpc}{$H+}
  {$modeswitch objectivec1}
  {$linkframework AVFoundation}
{$ENDIF}

interface

uses
  SysUtils{$IFDEF FPC},iPhoneAll , FMX_Platform_iOS ,NSHelpers{$ENDIF};

Const optSound : boolean = True;
Function PlaySound( sndFileName : String; Wait: boolean=false) : boolean;

implementation

{$IFDEF FPC}

type
  AVAudioPlayer = objcclass external(NSObject)
  public
    function initWithContentsOfURL_error(url: NSURL; outError: NSErrorPointer): id; message 'initWithContentsOfURL:error:';
    function play: Boolean; message 'play';
    function volume:double; message 'volume';
    procedure setvolume(newValue:single); message 'setvolume:';
    function isPlaying: Boolean; message 'isPlaying';
    function prepareToPlay: Boolean; message 'prepareToPlay';
    function duration:double; message 'duration';
  end;
  AVAudioSession= objcclass external(NSObject)
    public
    class function sharedInstance:id; message 'sharedInstance';
    function  setActive(beActive:boolean;outError:NSError):Boolean;message 'setActive:error:';
    function setCategory(theCategory:NSString;outError:NSError):boolean; message 'setCategory:error:';
  end;
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF FPC}
(*
this was moved from PlaySound
I still dont understand the garbage collection on iOS
snd.autorelease; seemed to be the proper way to do it
but it was causing some sound to not be played.
*)
const  snd : AVAudioPlayer=Nil;
{$ENDIF}

Function PlaySound( sndFileName : String; Wait: boolean=false) : boolean;
{$IFDEF FPC}
var
    audioSession :AVAudioSession;
    //snd : AVAudioPlayer;
    err : NSError;
    url : NSURL;
    temp : NSString;
{$ENDIF}
begin
  result := true;
  if not optSound then exit;

  {$IFDEF FPC}
  try
    AnsiStrToNSStr( sndFileName , temp );
    url := NSURL.fileURLWithPath(temp);

    audioSession:=AVAudioSession.sharedInstance;
    audioSession.setActive(true,err);
    audioSession.setCategory(nsstr(PChar('AVAudioSessionCategoryPlayback')),nil);
    if snd<>Nil then
      snd.release;

    snd := AVAudioPlayer.alloc.initWithContentsOfURL_error(url, @err);
    if not snd.prepareToPlay then
    Begin
      //snd.release;
      result := false;
      exit;
    end;
    //snd.autorelease;
    //snd.setvolume(0.9);
    if snd.play=false then
      result := false;
    { DONE -oiOS 0.64 -cBug : Double/take/drop need to wait a bit to allow the sound to be played compeltly. }
    if Wait then
      Sleep(500);

  except
    result := false;
  end;
  {$ENDIF}
end;

end.
{code}
0
Xavier
7/28/2012 3:49:30 PM
> {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}

Xavier,

Not sure what the AVAudioSession does for you.

This code has served me well:

{code}
var
  AudioPlayer : AVAudioPlayer;
   {Since sound is played asynchronously, can't release (or autorelease)
    until after sound is done playing, so declare and release somewhere
    outside PlaySound. Call AudioPlayer.release to release.}

procedure PlaySound(sndFileUrl : NSURL);

implementation

procedure PlaySound(sndFileUrl : NSURL);
var
  err : NSError;
begin
  if Assigned(AudioPlayer) then
    begin
    if AudioPlayer.isPlaying then
      Exit
    else
      AudioPlayer.release;
    end;

  AudioPlayer :=
   AVAudioPlayer.alloc.initWithContentsOfURL_error(sndFileUrl, @err);
  if Assigned(AudioPlayer) then
    AudioPlayer.play
  else
    NSLog(err.localizedDescription);
end;
{code}

I would not put the Sleep in PlaySound - that just ties it to a specific use of this function. Put it after the PlaySound call(s) as needed.

Thanks.

-Phil
0
Phil
7/28/2012 4:59:24 PM
> {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Alan White wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}
> > >
> > > I use the default FireMonkey animation engine, I just used a class helper to add to TFmxObject as AnimateFloat does not allow to set the OnFinish event (I needed that to trigger the sound effect).
> > >
> > > There is still a little bug (in FM i think): after a few days running the app, animations do not work. Apparently the timer is not firing anymore. I had to add some code to check if the animation  actually occurs and if not, i am destroying, recreating the timer.
> > >
> > > Note that I initially use a drop shadow effect. But this make the animation terribly slow.
> >
> > Very nice. I also have issues with my apps animations stopping after a few days running, not a good look. Will check out the timer issue you mentioned, thanks for the tip. Regarding sound, any tips for creating a simple ding or beep sound you would like to share? Sound has alluded me so far.
> > Thanks
>
> Here is the unit i used, actually adapted from a posting here. I did not check all the format supported, but wave file works without problem.

Xavier and Phil, thank you both. Much appreciated.
Cheers
0
Alan
7/29/2012 2:18:24 AM
Hello Xavier,

Congrats for your app ! It's a great and nice job regarding the lackness of FMX. ;-)
And I know what I'm talking about as I have also published my first POC in AppleStore a month ago:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2remindme/id539607986

Is it an HD project ? Have you try 3D project ?
I've noticed that in 3D, animations are much much faster, but graphics look less sharp (not retina at all)... :-(

How did you manage in-App purchase ?

> {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}
> My app is finally in the App Store.
>
> My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here.
>
> Xavier Dufaure de Citres
>
> -----
>
> _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_
>
> XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC.
>
> You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands.
>
> In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independent studies.
>
> XG Mobile features:
> • The strongest Backgammon program on iPhone and iPad.
> • Play against computer opponent ranging in skill from Beginner to World Class
> • Play against friends using XG Mobile as a portable board.
> • Play unlimited sessions or Matches
> • Choice of Backgammon or NackGammon Variation
> • High Quality Graphics (optimized for Retina displays) , choice of multiple boards and checkers
> • Ask the computer for hint at any time
> • Tutor mode analyzes your choice as you play and warn you of any mistake you made, allowing you to reconsider your choice
> • Setup a position, analyze it or even start a session from this position
> • Games are Saved and can be copied using iTunes or emailed for later analyze on your Mac or PC
> • Extensive profile information tracking your level of play, your results and dice statistics
> • Competition mode allows you to play in live tournament conditions (no help, no pip count, etc...)
> • Integrated help, including backgammon rules
>

> http://www.xg-mobile.com
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/xg-mobile/id536774050?mt=8
0
Laurent
8/2/2012 6:57:39 PM
> And I know what I'm talking about as I have also published my first POC in AppleStore a month ago:
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2remindme/id539607986

Is it developed in FireMonkey??
0
Eric
8/2/2012 10:10:14 PM
Yes, Eric, 100% FireMonkey HD project. :-)
I'm doing my best to hide VCL legacy and trying to make it more 'Mobile apps'...
I'm not fully satisfied of the result: not enough iPhone/iPad touch to me but quite good for a POC.

But, I think I've found the solution to make my next apps more iOS-like by using 3D project.
I'm eager to deliver my next (true) app (coming on late august)...

FMX is definitly a great tool for designers, isn't it ? ;-)
And it's just a V1 !

> {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote:}{quote}
> > And I know what I'm talking about as I have also published my first POC in AppleStore a month ago:
> > http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2remindme/id539607986
>
> Is it developed in FireMonkey??
0
Laurent
8/3/2012 5:59:30 AM
> Yes, Eric, 100% FireMonkey HD project. :-)
That is really nice

> I'm doing my best to hide VCL legacy and trying to make it more 'Mobile apps'...
> I'm not fully satisfied of the result: not enough iPhone/iPad touch to me but quite good for a POC.
The screenshots looks nice, I didn´t download it yet to my iPad but I only have iPad 1, maybe it won´t run on it

> But, I think I've found the solution to make my next apps more iOS-like by using 3D project.
> I'm eager to deliver my next (true) app (coming on late august)...
When you deliver your project please post the link here on forum!

> FMX is definitly a great tool for designers, isn't it ? ;-)
> And it's just a V1 !
I really like FireMonkey, it has potential to be a great tool, people always complain but they forget that it is just version 1, like VCL was once on version 1, I never used Delphi 1 but I´m sure that there must have been some bugs in the first VCL version
0
Eric
8/3/2012 4:45:10 PM
> {quote:title=Laurent Sengmany wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Xavier,
>
> Congrats for your app ! It's a great and nice job regarding the lackness of FMX. ;-)
> And I know what I'm talking about as I have also published my first POC in AppleStore a month ago:
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/2remindme/id539607986
>
> Is it an HD project ? Have you try 3D project ?
> I've noticed that in 3D, animations are much much faster, but graphics look less sharp (not retina at all)... :-(
>
> How did you manage in-App purchase ?

for the in-App purchase check http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/2012/06/13/39285, I worked with Olecramoak on Ander's blog and we refined the process. As the code is his initially, i will check with him for permission before posting the latest version.

XG-Mobile is a HD project. Anders also mentioned that animations were faster on one of his post. I need to look into that again as the major complain on XG mobile is the animation not being smooth enough.

I will have a loo to your app, screenshots looks nice!
0
Xavier
8/5/2012 12:19:38 AM
Xavier,
Thanks for your sharing. I don't need In-App purchase for my current projects but it could be useful someday. ;-)

I've just finished my next app (using 3D project) and will deliver to Apple for validation today.
Here's the preview I've done to communicate on this app:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBtPSLL23p4&feature=youtu.be

The animation is quite smooth, isn't it ?
I've considered this app as a true iPad app: animations and UI are at least satisfying to me ! :-)
And all are still in 100% full FMX (no FPC directives at all).

Four your info, I've resolved some of the problems I've encountered with 3D project by using the project parameters:
- UIViewEdgeAntiAliasing : this helps to improve graphics rendering (not fully retina but satisfying enough)
- UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend : I've encounter some problem with my animations when reactiving a too-long-suspended app (no problem with my previous 2D app). By forcing the app to quit at each suspension, I've resolved my pb.

> for the in-App purchase check http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/2012/06/13/39285, I worked with Olecramoak on Ander's blog and we refined the process. As the code is his initially, i will check with him for permission before posting the latest version.
>
> XG-Mobile is a HD project. Anders also mentioned that animations were faster on one of his post. I need to look into that again as the major complain on XG mobile is the animation not being smooth enough.
>
> I will have a loo to your app, screenshots looks nice!
0
Laurent
8/5/2012 5:25:02 AM
> {quote:title=Laurent Sengmany wrote:}{quote}
> Xavier,
> Thanks for your sharing. I don't need In-App purchase for my current projects but it could be useful someday. ;-)

I posted the in app purchase code on https://newsgroups.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=75050&stqc=true
0
Xavier
8/5/2012 5:01:14 PM
TAnimation timer relies on time part only which means that it will stop
working if you start the app at 23h59 and try to use animations at 00h00
:|

So there is one minute of full joy at midnight.
You'd better get up early and play the game in the morning because leaving
the application running,
after midnight it will be game over.

Even the simple animation of checking a checkbox will stop working as this
also uses TAnimation for displaying the checkmark which is initially
invisible (color alpha = 0).

Anyway, this has already been reported:

http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=106734

Pieter

"Alan White" wrote in message news:488355@forums.embarcadero.com...

> {quote:title=Xavier Dufaure de Citres wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Gilbert Padilla wrote:}{quote}
> > Looks good, did you use any game engine for your animations?
>
> I use the default FireMonkey animation engine, I just used a class helper
> to add to TFmxObject as AnimateFloat does not allow to set the OnFinish
> event (I needed that to trigger the sound effect).
>
> There is still a little bug (in FM i think): after a few days running the
> app, animations do not work. Apparently the timer is not firing anymore. I
> had to add some code to check if the animation  actually occurs and if
> not, i am destroying, recreating the timer.
>
> Note that I initially use a drop shadow effect. But this make the
> animation terribly slow.

Very nice. I also have issues with my apps animations stopping after a few
days running, not a good look. Will check out the timer issue you mentioned,
thanks for the tip. Regarding sound, any tips for creating a simple ding or
beep sound you would like to share? Sound has alluded me so far.
Pieter
8/6/2012 10:56:59 AM
> {quote:title=Pieter Scheldeman wrote:}{quote}
> TAnimation timer relies on time part only which means that it will stop
> working if you start the app at 23h59 and try to use animations at 00h00
> :|
>
> So there is one minute of full joy at midnight.
> You'd better get up early and play the game in the morning because leaving
> the application running,
> after midnight it will be game over.
>
> Even the simple animation of checking a checkbox will stop working as this
> also uses TAnimation for displaying the checkmark which is initially
> invisible (color alpha = 0).
>
> Anyway, this has already been reported:
>
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=106734
>
> Pieter

Ah... thanks Pieter, I had looked in QC but i guess it was before that report.

I've already modified FMX_Platform_iOS to avoid some of shortfall of FM, it will not be an issue to fix that gettick function to add the date to it (as the precision is single, i will just add the number of day since the start of the app to avoid loosing the ms precision).

Thank you again for your post.
0
Xavier
8/6/2012 3:17:58 PM
QC claim the animation issue has been fixed, yet there has been no update release since the previous hot fix. Probably rolled into XE3. :(
0
Alan

Will be XE2 Firemonkey apps accepted in MAC App Store and iOS App Store?
I think it is a good question before purchase XE2. -- Il Sat, 22 Oct 2011 04:10:01 -0700, Rafael Ontivero <no@mail.com> ha scritto: >I think it is a good question before purchase XE2. Hi, have a look at this thread on embarcadero.public.delphi.firemonkey. https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=401354&tstart=0#401354 Regards. Giuliano Yesssssss!!!!! THank you very much. It is reasonable that if more restricted iOS APP Store accepts them, MAC one will do too. On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:51:21 +0200, Giuliano . <bidoneaspiratu...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Are there any Delphi apps on the iTunes or Mac App Store?
So XE2 has been out for a while now. Surely there must be some apps created with it on either app store (or otherwise). Can someone point me out to those? > {quote:title=Martin Kammann wrote:}{quote} > So XE2 has been out for a while now. Surely there must be some apps created > with it on either app store (or otherwise). > Can someone point me out to those? Anders has one: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/anders-analog-clock/id475178939?mt=8 And I believe Bob Swart does too. Note that you're not required to use the Mac App Store to deploy your apps to OS X. ...

Delphi app in Apple App Store for iOS
Have you guys with iPhones and iPads seen that there is a Delphi produced app, running Interbase To Go, approved for download on the Apple App Store? I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) -- Nick > I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app > store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) There are 6 apps that shows up... which one is it? - Palo Alto - Embarcadero (Fom Scott James, mapping software or something..) - Heart of...

Missing architecture armv7 trying to submit firemonkey app to app store... [Edit]
Hi All, I have tried dozens of configuration settings trying to get this to work, but still to no avail... When I am trying to submit to the app store, the application loader is reporting the following error *iPhone/iPod Touch: application executable is missing a required architecture. At least one of the following architecture(s) must be present: armv7.* My understanding is that fpc 2.4 can only generate armv6 code anyway. I have tried setting all build settings to only reference armv6, installed the previous version of XCode 3.2.6 and linked with the iOS SDK 4.3, ho...

An OS X GUI Delphi app without FireMonkey
Yes, I did it! I already thought it should be possible, but expected I'd have to do a lot of translating of headers, etc. Not so. The Macapi.* units for OS X provided almost everything that was needed to write an AppKit (Open Source equivalent of Cocoa) app, using "native" components. This is a naked (console!) app without a .nib or .xib file. It creates a window with a few OS-X-native buttons, labels, edit boxes and combo boxes on it, and reacts to certain events, like a button click, a combobox selecton change, a timer firing, etc. No FireMonkey required. It is ...

Using Delphi XE2 to develop a mobile app for Android phone
Embarcadero claims on the homepage: "Build mobile apps for iOS and Android". I am very curious about the latter: Android. There is practically no other information about it to be found on the wesite. I need to develop an Android app within the next few weeks. It would be a great advantage if I could use Delphi XE as the development tool. So here's my quenstion: can anybody provide me with some more information on this issue or give me a pointer in the right direction? Thanks. frans bloemen wrote: > I need to develop an Android app within the next few weeks. It wo...

Delphi XE4 incredibly slow to render form when debugging a FireMonkey app
I have just started using Delphi XE4 having previously been using XE3. I am having a problem when running any FireMonkey application, even something as simple as a form with a label. Once the compiler has finished it takes around 20 seconds before the form is displayed. If I run the application from the EXE the delay is gone. I've tried compiling without debugging info and the problem persists. Can anyone recommend a course of action to find a solution to this? Kind regards Tristan ...

Delphi XE2-based products in Apple's App Store are...
I'm curious who will be the first to have a Delphi-based product for sale in Apple's App Store, and what it will be. It would also be good to have a list here of such apps so people can see what is being done with Delphi XE2. > {quote:title=David Schwartz wrote:}{quote} > I'm curious who will be the first to have a Delphi-based product for sale in Apple's App Store, and what it will be. > > It would also be good to have a list here of such apps so people can see what is being done with Delphi XE2. Here are some apps that I believe were created with [Free...

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

Dragging and dropping a .WAV from Delphi App to other apps
Is there an easy way to drag a .WAV file from a Delphi 2006 App to another app. It's not from a listbox or anything like that. It's from a custom window. My code would need to be responsible for generating a .WAV file based on where the person initially clicked on a window. Is the only way to drop a file from a Delphi 2006 to use complicated COM routines? If so, then would the other app that receives the file need complicated com routines too, or would it work with any app that could accept a the same dropped file type from Explorer? Thanks. "Jeff Ya...

Web resources about - XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore