XE8, Firemonkey for Android, cannot load USB driver in Windows 10

Hi,

I just moved to Windows 10, and the upgrade went very well.  Delphi is doing well, until I tried to work on an Android app and cannot talk to my Nexus 7.

I downloaded the latest driver, double clicked on the INF file , which ran and said the driver was installed.  Delphi does not see the device, and I also cannot see it in whatever MyComputer just got renamed do.

Has anyone else gotten it to work, and did you have any particular challanges?
0
Peter
7/31/2015 11:23:26 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 3 followers. Follow

22 Replies
657 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

Am 01.08.2015 um 01:23 schrieb Peter Guth:
> Hi,
> 
> I just moved to Windows 10, and the upgrade went very well.  Delphi is doing well, until I tried to work on an Android app and cannot talk to my Nexus 7.
> 
> I downloaded the latest driver, double clicked on the INF file , which ran and said the driver was installed.  Delphi does not see the device, and I also cannot see it in whatever MyComputer just got renamed do.
> 
> Has anyone else gotten it to work, and did you have any particular challanges?
> 

Hello,

does the adb.exe command line utility from the Android SDK see it?
To check run adb devices

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/2/2015 7:15:33 AM
Thanks for the reply.  I assume you got it to work in Windows 10.

adb.exe cannot find the Nexus.

The Android SDK manager shows the USB driver is loaded.

Upon reflection, it might not be the update to Windows 8 but the installation of another program that wanted to install the SDK again and which I may have started and then tried to stop.  So I will proceed with redoing the SDK, which I recall can be frustrating.
0
Peter
8/2/2015 4:18:33 PM
Am 02.08.2015 um 18:18 schrieb Peter Guth:
> Thanks for the reply.  I assume you got it to work in Windows 10.
> 
> adb.exe cannot find the Nexus.
> 
> The Android SDK manager shows the USB driver is loaded.
> 
> Upon reflection, it might not be the update to Windows 8 but the installation of another program that wanted to install the SDK again and which I may have started and then tried to stop.  So I will proceed with redoing the SDK, which I recall can be frustrating.
> 

Hello,

no I didn't yet try the SDK on Windows 10.
Did you already look in the device manager of Windows?
What's litesd when your Nexus is connected? Is there an unknown device?
if yes right click on it and try to update the drivers. Let is search
through c:\ or the disk you installed the SDK to. That might help.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/3/2015 6:03:48 PM
I have tried installing the driver via the SDK, and directly using the file downloaded from the web.  

Nothing works; I cannot see the Nexus from Windows.  So the problem has to be between the Windows 10 and the driver.

My next step is to try going to a Windows 8 tablet to verify nothing happened to the Nexus.

I was really hoping to hear that someone had gotten this to work; trying to find reports of problems with Windows 10 leads to lots of random hits.
0
Peter
8/3/2015 7:43:02 PM
Am 03.08.2015 um 21:43 schrieb Peter Guth:
> I have tried installing the driver via the SDK, and directly using the file downloaded from the web.  
> 
> Nothing works; I cannot see the Nexus from Windows.  So the problem has to be between the Windows 10 and the driver.
> 
> My next step is to try going to a Windows 8 tablet to verify nothing happened to the Nexus.
> 
> I was really hoping to hear that someone had gotten this to work; trying to find reports of problems with Windows 10 leads to lots of random hits.
> 

So you do not see anything unusual in device manager?

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/4/2015 4:19:59 PM
Sorry about the delay, but I have terrible luck getting into the forums.  Not having noticed complaints, I assume it is just another issue with my two machines (Win 7 for one, Win 10 for the other).

Device manager shows nothing.  Running the installer says it works, but it does not appear to have any effect on Windows 10.

So I moved to my Windows tablet, did a clean install of Delphi, and I can see the tablet (there are issues with missing Android tools, so I can't compile).
0
Peter
8/7/2015 12:58:08 PM
Peter Guth wrote:
> Sorry about the delay, but I have terrible luck getting into the forums.  Not having noticed complaints, I assume it is just another issue with my two machines (Win 7 for one, Win 10 for the other).

Probably not. We've had stability issues with the forums for quite some 
time. Work is ongoing to try to solve this issue, and I am hoping that 
will happen soon. This is a different discussion, so don't pollute this 
thread with it.
0
quinn
8/7/2015 3:19:24 PM
Peter Guth wrote:

> Sorry about the delay, but I have terrible luck getting into the
> forums.  Not having noticed complaints, I assume it is just another
> issue with my two machines (Win 7 for one, Win 10 for the other).
> 
> Device manager shows nothing.  Running the installer says it works,
> but it does not appear to have any effect on Windows 10.
> 
> So I moved to my Windows tablet, did a clean install of Delphi, and I
> can see the tablet (there are issues with missing Android tools, so I
> can't compile).

Forum stability has been very bad (very as in VERY) for about a year
and a half.  A huge amount of feedback and complaining has occurred.
If you didn't see it it is only because you didn't go back far enough.
Most regulars have grown weary of talking about it.

You probably only went back far enough that any normal system would
have been repaired by now.  That's where you went wrong.

This is, apparently, a "special" system.

You might try using NNTP to the back end.  It's down just as much, but
doesn't result in as much frustration as when the web browser front end
loses a message you typed.

Dan
0
Dan
8/7/2015 4:14:46 PM
Am 07.08.2015 um 17:19 schrieb quinn wildman:
> Peter Guth wrote:
>> Sorry about the delay, but I have terrible luck getting into the forums.  Not having noticed complaints, I assume it is just another issue with my two machines (Win 7 for one, Win 10 for the other).
> 
> Probably not. We've had stability issues with the forums for quite some 
> time. Work is ongoing to try to solve this issue, and I am hoping that 
> will happen soon. This is a different discussion, so don't pollute this 
> thread with it.
> 

Then where to discuss it? ;-)

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/7/2015 5:09:45 PM
Peter wrote:

> Sorry about the delay, but I have terrible luck getting into the
> forums.

Everybody is.  You are not alone.  The server goes down often and for long 
periods of time.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
8/7/2015 6:43:02 PM
Markus Humm wrote:
> Then where to discuss it?

Discuss it with your friends at the gym would be my suggestion. :-)

It's been beat to death here. We know about it. We have a solution in 
mind, and until that happens there really is no point.
0
quinn
8/7/2015 11:24:54 PM
Am 08.08.2015 um 01:24 schrieb quinn wildman:
> Markus Humm wrote:
>> Then where to discuss it?
> 
> Discuss it with your friends at the gym would be my suggestion. :-)
> 
> It's been beat to death here. We know about it. We have a solution in 
> mind, and until that happens there really is no point.
> 

Hello,

part of it being discussed so much here is the lack of any official
information about status and plans in an official channel. Could have
spared you and the server quite some load ;-)

Now the new question regarding "and until that happens there" is:
when will it happen? is there already a plan for that, or does it still
need approval of the bosses?

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/10/2015 6:10:30 PM
quinn wildman wrote:

> Markus Humm wrote:
> > Then where to discuss it?
> 
> Discuss it with your friends at the gym would be my suggestion. :-)
> 
> It's been beat to death here. We know about it. We have a solution in 
> mind, and until that happens there really is no point.

Pardon me, but your reply infers that you don't give much of a hoot
about how it affects customers.   "Discuss it with your friends at the
gym...".  Really?

You confirm the earlier conclusion... there is little or no priority
being placed on this mess by the company.   A year and a half is a very
long time in computer years, a lot could have been accomplished if
someone gave a damn.  Yet not much has been accomplished; ergo...

Dan
0
Dan
8/10/2015 9:33:14 PM
Yes, there is a plan in place. However, I am not at liberty to discuss 
any of the details. Is there anything else to discuss?

Markus Humm wrote:

>
> Hello,
>
> part of it being discussed so much here is the lack of any official
> information about status and plans in an official channel. Could have
> spared you and the server quite some load ;-)
>
> Now the new question regarding "and until that happens there" is:
> when will it happen? is there already a plan for that, or does it still
> need approval of the bosses?
>
> Greetings
>
> Markus
>
0
quinn
8/11/2015 4:32:37 PM
Dan Barclay wrote:
> A year and a half is a very
> long time in computer years, a lot could have been accomplished if
> someone gave a damn.

You are correct that forum instability has been going been going on for 
a significant amount of time. I've really lost track of how long, and it 
doesn't matter anyway. If case it matters, I am someone that cares. :-)

IT is in charge of stability, and I'll say more about how they are 
dealing this issue when their plan of action is complete. I will note 
that the most significant part of their plan of action is that other 
stability being resolved, it should be invisible to you. However, I 
should be able to say what was done and when it was done, when it is 
complete. I can say nothing before that time.

So, is there really anything else that needs to be discussed?
0
quinn
8/11/2015 4:46:11 PM
Dan Barclay wrote:

> > It's been beat to death here. We know about it. We have a solution
> > in mind, and until that happens there really is no point.
> 
> Pardon me, but your reply infers that you don't give much of a hoot
> about how it affects customers.

No, it does not infer that at all.

It infers that he thinks it does not fit in this thread, and that he is
fed up with hearing about at the most inappropriate places, and that
there is no point in discussing it, since it will not bring anyone any
further to a solution. They are, after all working on it. And I bet it
is not his fault either, but he gets it thrown at him all the time.

Wouldn't you be fed up? I would.

-- 
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"The citizen who sees his society's democratic clothes being
 worn out and does not cry it out, is not a patriot, but a
 traitor."
 -- Mark Twain
0
Rudy
8/11/2015 6:01:29 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Dan Barclay wrote:
> 
> > > It's been beat to death here. We know about it. We have a solution
> > > in mind, and until that happens there really is no point.
> > 
> > Pardon me, but your reply infers that you don't give much of a hoot
> > about how it affects customers.
> 
> No, it does not infer that at all.

I disagree, perhaps others do as well.  In any case I was stating my
own opinion.
 
> It infers that he thinks it does not fit in this thread, 

Uhhh... the subject arose because of difficulty in participating in the
thread. So, yes, the subject is explicitly a part of the discussion.

Quinn explicitly changed the Subject title to note that.

> and that he
> is fed up with hearing about at the most inappropriate places, and
> that there is no point in discussing it, since it will not bring
> anyone any further to a solution. They are, after all working on it.

It is possible that, given the length of time to resolve, they need to
reconsider their approach.  In the real world, results count.

If this were 3 or 4 months into the problem, a "they are working on it"
response is appropriate.  That very discussion occured 3 or 4 months
after the response went truly bad... that discussion well over a year
ago.

> And I bet it is not his fault either, but he gets it thrown at him
> all the time.

Nobody said it was his fault.  It is EMB's fault for not having the
problem nailed for so long.  Being put out by people complaining is not
a proper response, if the problem resolution is long overdue.  It is
not inapproiate to point that out.

> Wouldn't you be fed up? I would.

You would, no doubt.  Your own response seems to be to do and say
things that extend and inflame the complaints, rather than help resolve
either the problem or users view of the situation.  But, I could be
wrong.

I pointed out a response that didn't seem appropriate.  Quinn answered
well.  Now you seem to want to start a new thread of rants... is that
your objective?

Dan
0
Dan
8/11/2015 6:34:44 PM
quinn wildman wrote:

> Dan Barclay wrote:
> > A year and a half is a very
> > long time in computer years, a lot could have been accomplished if
> > someone gave a damn.
> 
> You are correct that forum instability has been going been going on
> for a significant amount of time. I've really lost track of how long,
> and it doesn't matter anyway. If case it matters, I am someone that
> cares. :-)

I, and others, appreciate the interest.  Yes, it does matter how long
it has been going on.  You may have lost track of time, users have been
dealing with it and have not lost track... except for the ones who have
left.

Those having difficulty getting on do so less and less.  Their
contribution has dropped significantly, reducing the value of the
forums.  This resource is a ghost of its previous usefulness.

> IT is in charge of stability, and I'll say more about how they are 
> dealing this issue when their plan of action is complete. I will note 
> that the most significant part of their plan of action is that other 
> stability being resolved, it should be invisible to you. However, I 
> should be able to say what was done and when it was done, when it is 
> complete. I can say nothing before that time.
> 
> So, is there really anything else that needs to be discussed?

I'd suggest that you raise the issue up the line (again) and see if
priority or plan can be adjusted.  Stand back and refresh yourself (and
your management) on the length of time and the frustration level of
users.

Better, have your management pledge to log in and carry on conversatons
about this forum (or any other subject) every day... make it a private
forum so they aren't bothered by the rest of us if you want, just get
them online here regularly.  The problem will resolve itself when they
personally deal with it.

Thanks,
Dan
0
Dan
8/11/2015 6:43:59 PM
Am 11.08.2015 um 18:32 schrieb quinn wildman:
> Yes, there is a plan in place. However, I am not at liberty to discuss 
> any of the details. Is there anything else to discuss?
> 

Yep ;-)
Who's at liberty to discuss it? ;-)

(c'mon, this question was forseeable! ;-) )

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
8/11/2015 9:28:08 PM
Markus Humm wrote:
> Who's at liberty to discuss it?

The information is internal only at this time. To find out, you would 
need to become an employee.
0
quinn
8/11/2015 9:41:12 PM
Dan Barclay wrote:
> Yes, it does matter how long
> it has been going on.

No it doesn't. This is because it does not effect the future. The work 
being done will be the same whether the problem has existed for 1 day or 
1000.

 >I'd suggest that you raise the issue up the line

VP's know. Enough said.
0
quinn
8/11/2015 9:53:01 PM
Dan Barclay wrote:

> > > Pardon me, but your reply infers that you don't give much of a
> > > hoot about how it affects customers.
> > 
> > No, it does not infer that at all.
> 
> I disagree, perhaps others do as well.

It doesnt really matter. This is the wrong place and the wrong person
to discuss it with. In the technical forums, stay on topic. If you have
things to discuss that are not about a technical Delphi problem, do it
in non-technical. I will close this thread.

-- 
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Manifest plainness, embrace simplicity, reduce selfishness,
 have few desires."
 -- Lao tzu
0
Rudy
8/12/2015 6:24:26 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

InitApp for Android in XE8 Firemonkey
Hi, I am trying to get the following code examples to work: http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/29684  Crossplatform OpenGL XE2/XE5 CubeMan3D Demo; http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/29682 They work fine in Windows, but fail for the Android because InitApp is not found. I assume this is because it moved to another unit, but I cannot find it in the document, on the web, or in any units I have looked for. Does anyone know where it is? From the author of CubeMan: Well CubeMan3D works under XE8 if you add the unit Androidapi.NativeActivity and replace "InitApp" by "PA...

Android USB debugging windows 10
Hi I see there is someone else reported this (thread was locked) Its not working for me either after a windows 10 update (from windows 8.1) does not even show in device manager...no searching for drivers..no dong..nada seems like a missing driver with windows 10? thanks Brian What version of XE are you running? I think I have seen improvements the more recent the version of XE, so this is one of the areas where maintenance will help. XE8 still have issues (finding the SDK manager and opening it is still problematic)..... ...

Ann: FastReport FMX for Delphi XE3 (FireMonkey 2) and XE2 (FireMonkey) released
Dear friends, Visual report designer is available now on both MS Windows and MAC OS X! Full sources. We can write here full list of possibilities, but it will so long. Let see FastReport VCL and FastReport FMX comparison table: http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/comparison-fast-report-firemonkey-vcl.html And all of this - just now in your hands for business-applications for Mac. Report generator FastReport FMX is the first multiplatform solution for including Business Intelligence into software based on Embarcadero FireMonkey IDE (Delphi for MS Windows and Apple Mac OS X)...

Android USB debugging windows 10 [Edit]
Hi I see there is someone else reported this (thread was locked) Its not working for me either after a windows 10 update (from windows 8.1) does not even show in device manager...no searching for drivers..no dong..nada seems like a missing driver with windows 10? thanks Brian update i did not have the usb plug in firmly enough on phone now error about device descripter request failed in device manger will keep trying Edited by: Brian Hamilton Hamilton on Aug 17, 2015 7:13 PM This procedure is a mess. If you have a Nexus 7 (and probably others), you have to change it to ...

Ann: X-platform report generator for Delphi XE3 (FireMonkey 2) and XE2 (FireMonkey) released
Dear friends, Visual report designer is available now on both MS Windows and MAC OS X! Full sources. We can write here full list of possibilities, but it will so long. Let see FastReport VCL and FastReport FMX comparison table: http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/comparison-fast-report-firemonkey-vcl.html And all of this - just now in your hands for business-applications for Mac. Report generator FastReport FMX is the first multiplatform solution for including Business Intelligence into software based on Embarcadero FireMonkey IDE (Delphi for MS Windows and Apple Mac OS X)...

is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks.
is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. Have a look in your Android output directory -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source" > {quote:title=Linden ROTH wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Aldo Lacavalla wrote:}{quote} > > is possible to build an Android .SO with Delphi Firemonkey XE6 ? Thanks. > > > Have a look in ...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. ...

Android C demo program to Firemonkey Delphi (Will Pay)
I have a C demo program for the Android platform that I need to convert to Firemonkey and Delphi XE5. This demo logic is written in pure C, and reads one of 5 canned barcodes. Page39a contains those barcodes. The goal is to scan those codes and react accordingly. This conversion will serve as a learning process for me. I am willing to pay for this conversion if need be. Thanking you all in advance and I look forward to any recommendations. Andy http://www.odesk.com/ has developers for hire. Thanks Eli. I will check it out. Andy On Thu, 29 May 2014 06:18:43 -0700, Eli...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

TBitmap gets smaller on rotation in delphi xe8 firemonkey multi device proj
I have an TImage compontent with a bitmap. The image component size properties are singles and TBitmap size properties are integers. The bitmap needs to be the same size as the component and i've made a resize method that gets called everytime the screen rotates. So i've tried to trunc the component size in order to set the size and tried to round it, but every time the bitmap gets smaller. I also tried to cast the sizes of the image component to integer so it doesn't have to round the size for the bitmap. But this has no effect. *Is there a solution for this problem?* I...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Web resources about - XE8, Firemonkey for Android, cannot load USB driver in Windows 10 - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Firemonkeys - GamesIndustry International
The world's leading games industry website. Get insight from todays industry leaders with news, interviews and analysis of global gaming trends. ...

Firemonkey’s Real Racing 3 To Launch At The End Of February
In September, Apple demoed Firemonkey’s Real Racing 3 at the iPhone 5 event . Three months later and the game has yet to show up in the App Store. ...

EA Games and Firemonkey Bringing Real Racing 3 to Android, Fasten your Seat Belts
Start up your engines race fans, EA Games is teaming up with Firemonkey to bring Real Racing 3 to mobile devices. If you’re a fan of more realistic ...

EA's Firemint and IronMonkey Studios Merge to Become FireMonkeys
... game development studios into one mega-studio in Australia. Firemint and IronMonkeys will be merged into a single studio now known as Firemonkeys ...

News: Firemonkeys announces Real Racing 3
Firemonkeys, a new gaming subsidiary of Electronic Arts born from the merger of FireMint and IronMonkey, has announced the coming release of ...

firemonkeys - iMore
EA has pushed out another impressive update to its equally impressive iOS racer, Real Racing 3, that for the first time brings cars from Ferrari ...

Firemonkeys on Real Racing 3 going free-to-play
... got a hands-on preview of Real Racing 3. We also spoke with Ptolemy Oberin, one of the game’s programmers and project lead at developer Firemonkeys, ...

Real Racing 3 coming in 2012 from Firemonkeys
The first game from recently merged developer Firemonkeys is Real Racing 3 , the developer revealed moments ago during EA's Summer Showcase event ...

Firemonkeys Previews Real Racing 3 for iPhone and iPad
Firemonkeys, the new combined studio from EA combining the IronMonkey and Firemint gaming studios, has announced the development of Real Racing ...

EA Mobile Moves: IronMonkey & Firemint Merge Into “Firemonkeys,” Now Have 50M Players Between
... that it is merging two top mobile game studios, IronMonkey and Firemint , which will fittingly combine to create a new company, called Firemonkeys. ...

Resources last updated: 1/2/2016 4:32:47 PM