XE7 trying to compile XE6 Project [Edit]

I have already worked through a number of issues but cant figure out where to look for this one.

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: cannot link directly with C:\Users\cdunn\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib.  Link against the umbrella framework 'System.framework' instead. for architecture armv7

Edited by: Chris Dunn on Sep 18, 2014 1:50 PM
0
Chris

This Stackoverflow ( https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16490304/link-against-the-umbrella-framework ) says:

Replace libdispatch.dylib with System.framework.

Are you linking libdispatch.dylib directly in your code? Where do you get that error: when you compile or when you deploy?
0
Eli
9/19/2014 1:01:01 AM
The error only comes up when targeting IOS 8. The compiler checks all my units then the error kicks in when linking.
Im not directly pointing to that library in my code, im just not sure where to even look.
0
Chris
9/19/2014 1:01:01 AM
I found the problem by creating a new project then add each of my units, 1 at a time, and compiling. The problem is in a ZBAR code unit.
not sure which unit in the uses clause is making that problem though yet. Probably just going to check out the latest scanning techniques.

uses
 SysUtils, Types, Classes, Math,
 System.TypInfo,        // PTypeInfo
 MacApi.ObjectiveC,     // TOCGenericImport
 iOSApi.CocoaTypes,     // NSObject, NSObjectClass
 iOSApi.Foundation,     // NSString
 iOSApi.CoreGraphics,
 iOSApi.UIKit,
 FMX.Memo,              // For Testing
 // Link to a FrameWork ------------------------------------------------------
 iOSApi.QuartzCore,     // {$linkframework QuartzCore}
 iOSApi.CoreMedia,      // {$linkframework CoreMedia}
 iOSApi.CoreVideo,      // {$linkframework CoreVideo}
 iOSApi.AVFoundation;   // {$linkframework AVFoundation}

 {$Link libiconv.dylib} // Link Apple Dynamic Library. User Dynamic Lib can't use.
 {$Link libzbar.a}      // Link Object File (Static Library)
0
Chris
9/19/2014 1:01:01 AM
I found the problem by creating a new project then add each of my units, 1 at a time, and compiling.

uses
 iOSApi.AVFoundation <---offender

the above unit calls Macapi.Dispatch

const
  libdispatch = '/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib';  <-- offending line in Macapi.Dispatch
  DISPATCH_QUEUE_SERIAL = nil;

Edited by: Chris Dunn on Sep 19, 2014 8:49 AM
0
Chris
9/19/2014 1:01:01 AM
How can I change Macapi.Dispatch in Delphi?
FMX.Media also calls this Delphi system file.
0
Chris
9/19/2014 1:01:01 AM
> {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote}
> How can I change Macapi.Dispatch in Delphi?
> FMX.Media also calls this Delphi system file.

I've exactly the same problem.

How can we fix it?

Thank you.
0
Smeup
9/24/2014 1:01:01 AM
Copy the two source files you need to your project directory. And then change the source files there. They will take precedent over the original files and will be used first.
0
Eli
9/24/2014 1:01:01 AM
> {quote:title=László Malinovszky wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Jinsong Chen wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote}
> > > I have already worked through a number of issues but cant figure out where to look for this one.
> > >
> > > [DCC Error] E2597 ld: cannot link directly with C:\Users\cdunn\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib.  Link against the umbrella framework 'System.framework' instead. for architecture armv7
> > >
> > > Edited by: Chris Dunn on Sep 18, 2014 1:50 PM
> >

> > I had meet this problem when I compile XE5 project using XE6 with ios sdk 8/ or using XE5 with ios sdk 8, but, not meet this problem when using XE7, but in the SDK manager of XE7, you must add frame works "System" manually and update local file...or not, when link, you will meet error about can not find System.Frameworks...
> >
> > when you add ios SDK 8 to XE5, XE6 and XE7, I noticed, XE7 have more /usr/lib files than XE5,XE6, and these more files are exactly the same as I added manually  in XE5/XE6 to solve the problem as you meet. (the steps just like the following message, copy Macapi.pas to local dir and change the source...)
>
> what exactly did you change the source in Macapi.pas?

Sorry, not Macapi.pas, is Macapi.dispatch.pas,  save this file to local dir and make change as:
const
  //libdispatch = '/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib';
  libdispatch = '/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib';
  DISPATCH_QUEUE_SERIAL = nil;

Then , build you project, you will meet error ld.....xxxxx file not found, then open the SDK manager and add this file and update local file.
must have enough patient, several files need to add (maybe have a shout cut, but I haven't found :( )
0
Jinsong
9/29/2014 1:01:01 AM
Right click your project name in the explorer on the right.
Click Clean.
Click build.
then redeploy.
-1
Chris
9/29/2014 1:01:01 AM
> {quote:title=Eli M wrote:}{quote}
> Copy the two source files you need to your project directory. And then change the source files there. They will take precedent over the original files and will be used first.

In Macapi.Dispatch, what exactly did you change these lines?
const
  libdispatch = '/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib';
  DISPATCH_QUEUE_SERIAL = nil;
0
Utf
9/29/2014 6:14:16 AM
> {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote}
> I have already worked through a number of issues but cant figure out where to look for this one.
>
> [DCC Error] E2597 ld: cannot link directly with C:\Users\cdunn\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib.  Link against the umbrella framework 'System.framework' instead. for architecture armv7
>
> Edited by: Chris Dunn on Sep 18, 2014 1:50 PM

I had meet this problem when I compile XE5 project using XE6 with ios sdk 8/ or using XE5 with ios sdk 8, but, not meet this problem when using XE7, but in the SDK manager of XE7, you must add frame works "System" manually and update local file...or not, when link, you will meet error about can not find System.Frameworks...

when you add ios SDK 8 to XE5, XE6 and XE7, I noticed, XE7 have more /usr/lib files than XE5,XE6, and these more files are exactly the same as I added manually  in XE5/XE6 to solve the problem as you meet. (the steps just like the following message, copy Macapi.pas to local dir and change the source...)
0
Jinsong
9/29/2014 6:48:24 AM
> {quote:title=Jinsong Chen wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Chris Dunn wrote:}{quote}
> > I have already worked through a number of issues but cant figure out where to look for this one.
> >
> > [DCC Error] E2597 ld: cannot link directly with C:\Users\cdunn\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib.  Link against the umbrella framework 'System.framework' instead. for architecture armv7
> >
> > Edited by: Chris Dunn on Sep 18, 2014 1:50 PM
>

> I had meet this problem when I compile XE5 project using XE6 with ios sdk 8/ or using XE5 with ios sdk 8, but, not meet this problem when using XE7, but in the SDK manager of XE7, you must add frame works "System" manually and update local file...or not, when link, you will meet error about can not find System.Frameworks...
>
> when you add ios SDK 8 to XE5, XE6 and XE7, I noticed, XE7 have more /usr/lib files than XE5,XE6, and these more files are exactly the same as I added manually  in XE5/XE6 to solve the problem as you meet. (the steps just like the following message, copy Macapi.pas to local dir and change the source...)

what exactly did you change the source in Macapi.pas?
0
Utf
9/29/2014 7:11:55 AM
> {quote:title=Jinsong Chen wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=László Malinovszky wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Jinsong Chen wrote:}{quote}

> > > I had meet this problem when I compile XE5 project using XE6 with ios sdk 8/ or using XE5 with ios sdk 8, but, not meet this problem when using XE7, but in the SDK manager of XE7, you must add frame works "System" manually and update local file...or not, when link, you will meet error about can not find System.Frameworks...
> > >
> > > when you add ios SDK 8 to XE5, XE6 and XE7, I noticed, XE7 have more /usr/lib files than XE5,XE6, and these more files are exactly the same as I added manually  in XE5/XE6 to solve the problem as you meet. (the steps just like the following message, copy Macapi.pas to local dir and change the source...)
> >
> > what exactly did you change the source in Macapi.pas?
>

> Sorry, not Macapi.pas, is Macapi.dispatch.pas,  save this file to local dir and make change as:
> const
>   //libdispatch = '/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib';
>   libdispatch = '/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib';
>   DISPATCH_QUEUE_SERIAL = nil;
>
> Then , build you project, you will meet error ld.....xxxxx file not found, then open the SDK manager and add this file and update local file.
> must have enough patient, several files need to add (maybe have a shout cut, but I haven't found :( )

Thank a lot, it worked!
Now I have to deal with the next problem...

"Invalid Segment Alignment" and "Invalid Bundle .... minimum OS vesion specified in the info.plst" problem ...
0
Utf
9/29/2014 8:59:20 AM
Right click your project name in the explorer on the right.
Click Clean.
Right click your project name in the explorer on the right.
Click Build.

Edited by: Chris Dunn on Sep 29, 2014 9:32 AM
-1
Chris
9/29/2014 4:33:18 PM
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=108736&tstart=0
0
Chris

Trying out XE6
I have a game I've been working with XE5. I installed XE6 and am having problems. When the project opens I get this error twice: "Error reading StyleBook1.ResourcesBin: Error reading TBitmapSwichObject.ThumbText.Font.Size: property ThumbText.Font.Size does not exist. Ignore the error...". I hit ignore both times since I figure the property just doesn't exist any more. The project then opens but won't compile because it can't find a .fmx file that I am 100% sure is there as it's open in the IDE and shows up in windows explorer. Then if I try to save the project...

Delphi XE5
Hi :-) Installed Delphi XE5 (RAD Studio Enterprise) and used it for a while. Then I changed the installation and added the mobile parts to do mobile Application Development. Installation gave no errors and I can start the Android emulator and I see my mobile phone Connects fine and becomes an available target. When starting a New blank (or any other) mobile Project I can not compile. Get the same error every time. Even when doing nothing at all before compiling. [DCC Fatal Error] Project1.dpr(1): F1027 Unit not found: 'System.pas' or binary equivalents (.dcu/.o) Cannot ...

Delphi XE7
I opened an XE6 project with banner ads in Delphi XE7 and ads into working on android device. I have not tested on iOS. Also, I have properly set the android ad option in the project entitlement options. Even after adding what is suggested into the manifest file, the project crashes. Can anyone help throw any light on this and suggest how to fix this and not make the app crash? When I create a new project with ads banner in XE7, it runs properly. Also, I am not able to open the sample mobile app CapitalIAP that has banner ads - the XE7 IDE complains that the list box has no width property...

Delphi XE7
I opened an XE6 project with banner ads in Delphi XE7 and the app crashes on device when run. I have not tested on iOS. Also, I have properly set the android ad option in the project entitlement options. Even after adding what is suggested into the manifest file, the project crashes. Can anyone help throw any light on this and suggest how to fix this and not make the app crash? When I create a new project with ads banner in XE7, it runs properly. Also, I am not able to open the sample mobile app CapitalIAP that has banner ads - the XE7 IDE complains that the list box has no width property...

Delphi XE7
I opened an XE6 project with banner ads in Delphi XE7 and the app crashes on device when run. I have not tested on iOS. Also, I have properly set the android ad option in the project entitlement options. Can anyone help throw any light on this and suggest how to fix this and not make the app crash? When I create a new project with ads banner in XE7, it runs properly. Also, I am not able to open the sample mobile app CapitalIAP that has banner ads - the XE7 IDE complains that the list box has no width property. Any help is appreciated... Edited by: Karu Kaarigar on Dec 20, 2014 5:10 PM ...

XE6 Access violation at design time in trivial Delphi project [Edit]
Did a Fresh install of RAD Studio XE6, on a Fresh install of Win 7 Enterprise 64 bit (with all Microsoft updates applied, no other apps installed). 1. File/New/VCL Forms Application Project - Delphi 2. Drop TChart on form 3. Double click on the TChart to start the Property Editor 4. Click on "Chart" property in the Property Editor 5. Kaboom - "Access violation at address 506898DC in module 'vcl200.bpl'. Read of address 000001C4." This is 100% reproducible, even after reinstalling XE6 on another clean Win 7 64 bit machine. What am I doing wr...

Delphi XE5 : Random E2213 Compiler error when building all projects [Edit]
Hi, I have a group of 31 packages and 11 projects. Most of them are depending of previous packages. Packages are "build explicitly". They have been designed under Delphi 7 and recently updated for Delphi XE5. Each package and project compile and execute fine. Sometimes, when i do "Build all" or "Compile all", compiler stops on error "E2213 Bad packaged unit format". This error come after building about 10 or 20 packages but never on the same project. Moreover, the unit having a bad format is different everytime. The "found version" is als...

Delphi XE7 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4,XE5,XE6 [Edit]
Hello, Same problem on Delphi XE3, XE4 and XE5. Next Delphi XE6 ? Because of Livebinding Delphi IDE is became very very very slow to open Forms with a lot of components. This problem seems to be ignored but opened since Delphi XE2 in Quality Central : Report #: 116169 Report #: 102843 Report #: 103520 Easy to reproduce : Put a lot of third party components like TMSSoftware, DevExpress, Indy etc on a form an it will take a long time to open it and switch on it with F12. Problem is same with a lot of components on form or component with a lot of properties... There i...

Delphi XE7 IDE is slow like XE2,XE3,XE4,XE5,XE6 [Edit]
Hello, Same problem on Delphi XE3, XE4 and XE5. Next Delphi XE6 ? Because of Livebinding Delphi IDE is became very very very slow to open Forms with a lot of components. This problem seems to be ignored but opened since Delphi XE2 in Quality Central : Report #: 116169 Report #: 102843 Report #: 103520 Easy to reproduce : Put a lot of third party components like TMSSoftware, DevExpress, Indy etc on a form an it will take a long time to open it and switch on it with F12. Problem is same with a lot of components on form or component with a lot of properties... There i...

ANN: FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released! [Edit]
Dear colleagues, we are pleased to announce that version FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released. Version is quite stable and can be considered as a release candidate. This demo version adds two examples. MultiSelectDemo - demonstrates the ability to work in several selection modes (single row, multiple rows, single cell many cells, selection with rubber band and etc.). CustomEditorDemo - demonstrates the ability to embed custom cell editor to the grid view. In the example are being reviewed two options of the editors, based on embedded TControl and direct int...

Web deployment project tries to compile files EXCLUDED from web application project
I am confused about the compiling process. I have a solution with 3 projects:a. class library projectb. web application projectc. web deployment projectThings were fine with this until I added a new .aspx file to the web app (item b above). I decided it wasn't ready for inclusion yet so I marked it with "Exclude from project". Now these 3 files get a different icon and are in fact excluded from the web app project (i.e. after this Exclude, I can Build the web app project without any errors).  BUT - if I try to run the app or I try to Build Solution or if I try to Build the...

Delphi Xe6 vs Xe6 update 1
My Delphi Xe6 version # before and after update 1 is: 20.0.15596.9843 Shouldn't the version number have changed? Could anyone reading this who had installed D Xe6 update1 please take a moment and confirm the version number they have installed? Would appreciate it - thanks. Edited by: Steven Brenner on Jun 28, 2014 9:44 AM Steven Brenner wrote: > > {quote:title=Steven Brenner wrote:}{quote} > > My Delphi Xe6 version # before and after update 1 is: 20.0.15596.9843 > > > > XE6 Update 1 build # should be 20.0.16277.1276. > > I had used the...

[Delphi XE2] "Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box [Edit]
"Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box when using windows classic theme (windows 7 64bits). Notepad on the contrary still have the "Seacrh ..." box in its open file dialog. Check the images below(they are not mine but show the issue) This one does have the "search document" box in the upper right corner. http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png This one does not have it. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. ...

WinRT Compiler for Delphi [Edit]
I know that guys at embarcadero are working hard to create a Compiler for WinRT using LLVM and what are their show stoppers. https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=484319#484319 Is it possible to access file system and etc using a .net (WinRT .net) module which will be consumed by the native Delphi binaries to access File system and call forbidden APIs Edited by: vikosh maha on Nov 23, 2012 11:56 PM Is it Possible You don't need to use .Net to call the "forbidden" API as you call it. You can do that using Win32 Delphi. But whether you use .Net to mak...

XE7
In the past, I was advised to create new projects in XE6 and then add the forms and code from XE4. This solved all kinds of issues with Styles. Is that still good advice for XE7? I hate to start sharing projects between XE6 and XE7 to later find out I caused myself headaches. > {quote:title=Michael Leahy wrote:}{quote} > In the past, I was advised to create new projects in XE6 and then add the forms and code from XE4. This solved all kinds of issues with Styles. > > Is that still good advice for XE7? > > I hate to start sharing projects between XE6 and XE7 to l...

trouble while compiling my project [Edit]
Hi, I'm a new french user of delphi prism (and so a novice ), using the 14 days limited version (I will probably buy it in a second time). I was previously a delphi win32 developper and I am currently developping a mono console application.So I did a lot of pas-files and I regularly compile my application. I just added a new pas-file and I get the internal error (IECW) CE7. When removing this pas-file, the compilation is again successfull. Here is a screenshoot of this trouble: [http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=erreurcompilationprism.png] How can I solve this problem? ...

No Firemonkey Mobile Project [Edit]
I have Delphi XE5 pro but do not have an option to build a FIremonkey Mobile App. Is this a licencing problem or a configuration problem? Edited by: Jeff Wright on Jan 23, 2014 3:26 PM > I have Delphi XE5 pro but do not have an option to build a FIremonkey Mobile App. > Is this a licencing problem or a configuration problem? Mobile support comes with Delphi Enterprise or above, RAD Studio Professional, or Delphi Professional with the mobile add-on pack. > {quote:title=Chris Rolliston wrote:}{quote} > > I have Delphi XE5 pro but do not have an option to build a FIremo...

Is there a Delphi project for IPreviewHandler? [Edit]
I want to build a Preview Handler for my application's data files - so that a preview of their contents appears in Windows Explorer's Preview Pane (under Windows Vista and later). Ideally, I'd like to do this in C++Builder, but I have tried the BCB newsgroups and not discovered any sample projects. Is there an example Delphi project I could look at to see what needs to be done? Any help would be much appeciated. Andrew Bond Edited by: Andrew Bond on Mar 1, 2010 1:56 PM > IPreviewHandler input at www.codenewsfast.com -- Eivind Bakkestuen [NDD] Nexus Databas...

XE2
Dear All, Just got XE2 and went straight to the firemonkey project and created a blank one. Clicked Compile!! and Checking project dependencies... Compiling Project1.dproj (Debug, OSX32) dcc command line for "Project1.dpr" c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\bin\dcc32.exe -$O- -$W+ --no-config -M -Q -AGenerics.Collections=System.Generics.Collections; Generics.Defaults=System.Generics.Defaults;WinTypes=Windows;WinProcs=Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE -DDEBUG -E.\AnyCPU\Debug -I"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\9.0\lib...

Delphi's compiler [Edit]
Don't worry, I only rant about Delphi's poor compiler every 3 years. For over 15 years, I have been thinking that if Delphi's compiler was SO bad, it's because it hadn't been updated since Delphi7, and was hoping that one day maybe, Embarcadero would make it acceptable. ...but then I read this: http://www.delphitools.info/2014/05/07/a-look-at-improved-inlining-in-delphi-xe6/2/ Really? Embarcadero *is* touching the compiler after all, but only to make it even worse? It's one thing that the compiler is this poor, and it's already ironic enough that the ...

Delphi 2009
Doesn't Delphi 2009 auto save when compiling a package? I just lost several hours of work when working on a property editor. I though the changes were automatically saved when compiling/building/installing a package? Apparently not... The help file says: "Auto save: Editor files: Saves all modified files in the Code Editor when you run, *COMPILE*, *BUILD* the project, or exit the product. " Edited by: Cecil Wiggum on Jan 31, 2010 9:11 AM Cecil Wiggum wrote: > Doesn't Delphi 2009 auto save when compiling a package? I just lost > several hours of work when wor...

Delphi FireMonkey project / testComplete and MSAA
Hi I am actualy working on a new team project developped using FireMonkey. We want to create automated tests with TestComplete which is already used to run tests on some VCL projects. Unfortunatly, we discovered that TestComplete is not directly compatible with FireMonkey application, it only sees the windows but not the controls on it. Making some research we, found that TestComplete is able to identify controls thanks to MSAA. So we created a really short project (only one form with some controls) using the FireMonkey Accessibility Pack in order to look at TestComplete's behavio...

Delphi XE6 and searchapi.h [Edit]
Dear All, I would like to call some Windows interfaces declared in searchapi.h (e.g., ISearchManager). Has searchapi.h been translated for Delphi XE6? I had a cursory look at the WinAPI.x.pas files in the rtl source code but could not find anything. Maybe I am missing something or someone has a unit for these interfaces. Thanks to all. UPDATE: In Windows 8.1 x64, I could not find the type libraries containing ISearchManager. The MS provided Search CoClasses and Interfaces type libraries declare some of the searchapi.h interfaces, but ISearchManager is missing. Edited by: Quoc Nguy...

How to know the Delphi version a project has been compiled with?
Is there a way to see from the .dproj, .dcu, .exe or any other file of a project, with which Delphi version it has been compiled? Cheers Tom -- Tom Brunberg firstname.surname@welho.com Tom Brunberg wrote: > Is there a way to see from the .dproj, .dcu, .exe or any other file > of a project, with which Delphi version it has been compiled? What is the purpose of that? ..dproj: largely possible and from top of my head look for this - <Borland.Personality> Delphi.Personality = Delphi 2007 Delphi.Personality.12 >= Delphi 2009 - <ProjectVersion>...

Web resources about - XE7 trying to compile XE6 Project [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Compile (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compile was a Japanese videogame developer, most notable for having developed the Puyo Puyo series, based on their Madou Monogatari franchise, ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands
China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands People's Daily Online ... States, Australia and the United Kingdom. The book is aimed ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, “we think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!” Continue ...

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...