Visual problems with Firemonkey on Windows [Edit]

Yesterday I downloaded and installed a trial version of Delphi XE5 (Update 2).

I discovered the following visual defects in desktop Firemonkey apps for Windows:

1. Painting.
On Windows XP SP3 I observe issues with painting of the main window. Firemonkey HD.
On Windows 7 with Aero Glass (or without) this problem doesn't occur.
See screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/1-winxp.jpg

2. When I create a new application Firemonkey 3D I don't see any controls which I add in the designer. I launched the test project on several different PCs with modern video cards.

3. Strange bluish background in TMemo and TEdit controls
See screenshots. I increased contrast in Photoshop to highlight the artefacts in these controls.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/2-tedit.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/3-tmemo.jpg

4. Strange yellow strips on the form. See the screenshot. I again used Photoshop to highlight these artefacts.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/4-form.jpg

5. Scaling.
A lot of visual defects when I try to adapt my test app for high DPI modes. I used TLayout.Scale.x/y as 1.25 or 1.5:

- themes of controls (buttons, checkbox) are not optimized for high DPI modes and looks low res.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/7-scale15-lowres.jpg

- many controls with popup list looks incorrect – size of a popup window is cropped – for example Tcombobox. See the screenshot.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/5-combobox.jpg

- I see thin lines - 1px gaps inside all controls! Tabs, edit, memo, buttons. See the screenshot.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/6-gaps-in-tmemo-tedit.jpg

- the mouse works incorrectly in the design mode of Delphi for controls which a placed into Tlayout with Scale.X/y more than 1. For example, I set Scale x/y 1,25 and when I drag controls they are being moved faster than I move mouse cursor!

6. Bugs in Tmemo. Incorrect view of a mouse cursor when it's placed over the scrollbar. It should be crDefault, but the mouse cursor looks as crIBeam. Also there is no scrolling by timer when I select large text with a mouse cursor inside the memo.

What you can suggest me? We planned to purchase 5 licenses for Delphi XE5.

Edited by: Igor Kokarev on Jan 17, 2014 4:09 AM

Edited by: Igor Kokarev on Jan 17, 2014 4:11 AM
0
Igor

> {quote:title=Igor Kokarev wrote:}{quote}
> 1. Painting.

Firemonkey has quite a few style bugs that have to be worked around. That one looks like you could manually refresh the form to fix it. It seems to draw okay in Windows 8 using a mobile project.

> 2. When I create a new application Firemonkey 3D I don't see any controls which I add in the designer. I launched the test project on several different PCs with modern video cards.

I think this is by design. Controls don't drop on the same as the HD version.
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Creating_a_2D_Interface_in_a_3D_Application_(FireMonkey_3D_Tutorial)

> 3. Strange bluish background in TMemo and TEdit controls
It's possible the bluish look is part of the style. Right click the control and customize the style to see?

> 4. Strange yellow strips on the form. See the screenshot. I again used Photoshop to highlight these artefacts.

I don't see these on my Firemonkey mobile projects on mobile or Windows 8.1.

> 5. Scaling.
> A lot of visual defects when I try to adapt my test app for high DPI modes. I used TLayout.Scale.x/y as 1.25 or 1.5:

Try a TScaledLayout. I think I ran into the same problem with a TLayout.
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Layouts_Strategies

> - I see thin lines - 1px gaps inside all controls! Tabs, edit, memo, buttons. See the screenshot.
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/6-gaps-in-tmemo-tedit.jpg

I haven't seen that in my mobile project. That looks like some kind of style guide. Maybe to do with the 3D card that you have and or the version of DirectX?

> - the mouse works incorrectly in the design mode of Delphi for controls which a placed into Tlayout with Scale.X/y more than 1. For example, I set Scale x/y 1,25 and when I drag controls they are being moved faster than I move mouse cursor!

Try this drawing demo and see how it behaves on your system?
http://www.fmxexpress.com/cross-platform-firemonkey-drawing-app-demo/

> 6. Bugs in Tmemo. Incorrect view of a mouse cursor when it's placed over the scrollbar. It should be crDefault, but the mouse cursor looks as crIBeam. Also there is no scrolling by timer when I select large text with a mouse cursor inside the memo.

If you move the cursor around the TMemo it flashes between the two cursor types (aka it should just be the crlBeam). Additionally, a third party Firemonkey TMemo from TMS Software has the same problem.
0
Eli
1/17/2014 3:20:11 PM
Eli M	,

Thanks for your reply!

I'll try your advices on Monday.

Just a brief reply now:

1. Painting. This problem occur with a simple test project - just Firemonkey HD form and several controls. No custom code. I can reproduce it in Windows XP. In Windows 7 it's OK, because Win7 uses DWM.

4. Try on deskop app and use Photoshop to increase contrast. I can see it on my screen, but some displays may "hide" these artefacts.

- "the mouse works incorrectly in the design mode of Delphi for controls which a placed into Tlayout with Scale.X/y more than 1. For example, I set Scale x/y 1,25 and when I drag controls they are being moved faster than I move mouse cursor!"

I mean the problem with mouse in the Delphi form designer, NOT in runtime.
0
Igor

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Firemonkey ios animation problem [Edit]
I made a simple animation with a TImage. Animation not working properly on the device. Do you have suggestions on a solution. device video : http://doganaydogan.com/MOV01742.MP4 similator video : http://doganaydogan.com/MOV01743.MP4 I have used this animation floatanimation Edited by: emb emb on Apr 23, 2012 4:42 AM Le 23/04/12 12:44, emb emb a écrit : > I made a simple animation with a TImage. Animation not working > properly on the device. Do you have suggestions on a solution. > > device video : http://doganaydogan.com/MOV01742.MP4 > > similator ...

I have a problem which does not appear in the ingredients FireMonkey 3d [Edit]
hey all *I have a problem which does not appear in the ingredients FireMonkey 3d* [image|http://up.dev-point.com/uploads/5e05f3b01ed51.jpeg] Edited by: ahmed eissa on Oct 13, 2014 1:52 AM ...

Problem with the destroy of FireMonkey form in dll [Edit]
Hello. I have this problem with the destruction of the form. 1. I created a dll library with FireMonkey form. 2. In VCL applications connect dll and created a form of FM. 3. Called function to destroy form FM. 4. If I call the function FreeLibrary(); then VCL application freezes and does not respond. Why this happens? This is my project. https://cloud.mail.ru/public/863e86e27a6e%2FApplication.zip Sorry for my bad english. Edited by: Maxim Kirillov on Oct 11, 2014 9:25 AM ...

XE7 Firemonkey for Android HTTPRIO Problem [Edit]
WSDL : *http://www.byjg.com.br/site/webservice.php/ws/cep?WSDL* {code} unit Principal; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.TabControl, System.Actions, FMX.ActnList, FMX.StdCtrls, FMX.Layouts, FMX.Memo, FMX.Edit, Soap.InvokeRegistry, Soap.Rio, Soap.SOAPHTTPClient; type TfmPrincipal = class(TForm) TabControl1: TTabControl; TabItem1: TTabItem; TabItem2: TTabItem; TopToolBar: TToolBar; ToolBarLabel: TLabel; TopToolBar1: TToolBar; ToolBarLabel1: TLab...

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

I have a problem which does not appear in the ingredients FireMonkey 3d [Edit] #2
hey all *I have a problem which does not appear in the ingredients FireMonkey 3d* image V V V http://up.dev-point.com/uploads/5e05f3b01ed51.jpeg Edited by: ahmed eissa on Oct 13, 2014 1:54 AM > {quote:title=ahmed eissa wrote:}{quote} > hey all > *I have a problem which does not appear in the ingredients FireMonkey 3d* > > image > V > V > V > http://up.dev-point.com/uploads/5e05f3b01ed51.jpeg > > Edited by: ahmed eissa on Oct 13, 2014 1:54 AM It looks like the button is not visible in the designer. Note how it is grey in the struct...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Printing solution for firemonkey compatible with Windows and MacOSX? [Edit]
Hi, I am interested in knowing if there is any printing solution available currently for firemonkey application that works on both Windows and MacOSX. currently FastReports is not available for Firemonkey. 1. I need to know if there are any 3rd party tools which allow us to generate PDF's within a firemonkey so that it works on both platforms. 2. Are there any 3rd party tools that allow us to transform an HTML into a PDF and works on both platforms. regards, Manpreet Edited by: DWS Administrator on Mar 6, 2012 2:54 PM Update 4 now includes some printing support. Check ...

Problem with the destroy of FireMonkey form in dll [Edit] #2
Hello. I have this problem with the destruction of the form. 1. I created a dll library with FireMonkey form. {code}unit Unit1; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Graphics, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.StdCtrls; type TFormHD = class(TForm) private { Private declarations } public { Public declarations } end; procedure CreateHD; stdcall; procedure CloseHD; stdcall; exports CreateHD, CloseHD; var FormHD: TFormHD; implementation {$R *.fmx} proc...

Problem using Delphi 6 with Windows 7 [Edit]
I have had all kind of problems with Delphi 6 and Windows 7. For example, when I try to open a TStringList file over a network drive I get the following error message (MyList.LoadFromFile(s:\info\tables\table.doc);): "--------------------------- Debugger Exception Notification -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Project Tools_CREG.exe raised exception class EFOpenError with message 'Cannot open file ...\table.doc'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue. --------------------------------------------------------------...

Web resources about - Visual problems with Firemonkey on Windows [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore