Using CoreLocation Framework on Firemonkey for ios

How can I use CoreLocation Framework  ?

I could not do this , can somebody help me please ?

*Bunyamin Atak*
0
Utf

On 10/13/2011 1:25 AM, bünyamin atak wrote:
> How can I use CoreLocation Framework  ?
>
> I could not do this , can somebody help me please ?

Download the FPC header parser (top link on this page):

   http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_Parsing_Status.html

Use the appropriate "parse-*" to parse CoreLocation.

Then either follow the directions to compile and link, or simply
add the CoreLocation.pas and "corelocation" directory to your
project on the Delphi side.

When you build on the xcode side you have to bring over all
the files, not just the xcode directory.

Also see here for a video:

   http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/2011/10/13/39171

--
Anders Ohlsson - http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/
Embarcadero Developer Relations
On 10/13/2011 1:25 AM, bünyamin atak wrote:
> How can I use CoreLocation Framework  ?
>
> I could not do this , can somebody help me please ?

And now - full article here

http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41715

--
Anders Ohlsson - http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/
Embarcadero Developer Relations
"A golf course that does not have a pub after the 18th hole
is like an acupuncturist who does not offer needle removal."
0
Anders
10/13/2011 5:47:35 PM
> {quote:title=Anders Ohlsson wrote:}{quote}
> On 10/13/2011 1:25 AM, bünyamin atak wrote:
> > How can I use CoreLocation Framework  ?
> >
> > I could not do this , can somebody help me please ?
>
> Download the FPC header parser (top link on this page):
>
>    http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_Parsing_Status.html
>
> Use the appropriate "parse-*" to parse CoreLocation.
>
> Then either follow the directions to compile and link, or simply
> add the CoreLocation.pas and "corelocation" directory to your
> project on the Delphi side.
>
> When you build on the xcode side you have to bring over all
> the files, not just the xcode directory.
>
> Also see here for a video:
>
>    http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/2011/10/13/39171
>
> --
> Anders Ohlsson - http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/
> Embarcadero Developer Relations
> "A golf course that does not have a pub after the 18th hole
> is like an acupuncturist who does not offer needle removal."

Thank you very much. it's  helpful
0
Utf

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

Is It possible to use UIImagePickerController (iOS) in FireMonkey ?
Is It possible to use UIImagePickerController (iOS) in FireMonkey ? // Here is the sample code in wrong way ---------------------------------- // Woule you teach me in right direction ? Uses .... , iPhoneAll; .... procedure TForm1.Button2Click(Sender: TObject); var ipc : UIImagePickerController; begin // Here is the sample code in wrong way // ipc := UIImagePickerController.alloc.init; ipc.setDelegate(0); ipc.setAllowsEditing(True); ipc.setsourceType(UIImagePickerControllerSourceTypeCamera); //ipc.showmodal; //showmodal(ipc); //presentModalViewController_...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

Is there a plan to rewrite the Delphi IDE using FireMonkey ?
I guess this should be a logical move to target multiple platforms and prove that Embarcadero is eating its own dog food. Although I think I've read somewhere that Delphi is using some Microsoft technology for the form designer but I might be wrong there. Is FireMonkey suitable for that kind of application or is the VCL still the way to go for "professional" business oriented applications ? What are your thoughts ? When XE2 is released I hope there will be a clear indication as to what kind of applications FireMonkey is suitable for or not. <John Riche> wrote in message...

How do I best use forms in iOS firemonkey apps?
Sorry for asking a daft question, but the demos I have seen seem to have a kind of tab/page control with invisible tabs. Hence the form never actually changes. (Just the active tabitem) Should I do like that? Or should I create a separate form for each window/form/activity? (e.g. for memory usage?) Can anyone recommend any demo apps I cam use as a starting point for a simple info app? The choice is really yours as to whether you want to use tab controls or forms for subsequent pages. Tab controls can be set to give the users the additional tabs to navigate through. Thomas Schulz ...

Create a custom button in firemonkey, for use on IOS
Hi all, I need to create a mobile application that is skinned according to a design from a customer. This means I cannot use the standard TButton look and feel. I'm in need of a button that is created out of 2 bitmaps: 1 for the pressed state, 1 for the depressed state. My firemonkey knowledge is lacking here, so I'm at a loss. How would I start with this? Preferably a reuseable solution please. Best regards, Jan Jacobs > {quote:title=Jan Jacobs wrote:}{quote} > Hi all, > > I need to create a mobile application that is skinned according to a design from ...

Use Firemonkey with iOS 6.0.1
My iPad was accidentally updated to iOS 6.0.1. So, Is it possible to use the latest xcode/iOS 6.0.1 with Firemonkey? My Mac is 10.7.5 Lion. Thanks Jose Carlos. Hi Jose, I had the same "problem", see http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:5536 Cheers! > {quote:title=Michiel van Ingen wrote:}{quote} > Hi Jose, > > I had the same "problem", see http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:5536 > > Cheers! Hi Michiel, I followed this blog, and now iOS 6.0 is available on Xcode but I have two issues: When I ...

CalendarEdit in XE5 Firemonkey
I'm saving and loading data from a TCalendarEdit. I've noticed that if I use a date before 1960 (I haven't narrowed it down more than that) I can end up in the wrong century when I load the data. Here's how I'm saving: {code} lINI := TMemINIFile.Create(TPath.GetDocumentsPath + PathDelim + 'Settings.ini'); lINI.WriteDate('Test', 'DOB', CalendarEdit1.Date); lINI.UpdateFile; {code} Here's how I'm loading: {code} lINI := TMemINIFile.Create(TPath.GetDocumentsPath + PathDelim + 'Settings.ini'); lDate := lINI.ReadDa...

Delphi XE8, using iOS framework gives AV
The app uses the iOS framework CoreMIDI and works fine targeting iOSDevice (8.2), but on iOSSimulator (iOS8.2) I get an AV on the first function call (MIDIGetNumberOfSources) from this framework. There are no errors shown by Delphi, nor by the paServer in Verbose mode, and a *new empty app that only calls MIDIGetNumberOfSources, does not fail either*! How can calling a framework suddenly not work, in this main app? I think the bindings for the framework are correct. I have added the framework to the iPhoneSimulator 8.2 SDK in the Delphi SDK manager, updated local File Cache and verifi...

Delphi XE8, using iOS framework gives AV
The app uses the iOS framework CoreMIDI and works fine targeting iOSDevice (8.2), but on iOSSimulator (iOS8.2) I get an AV on the first function call (MIDIGetNumberOfSources) from this framework. There are no errors shown by Delphi, nor by the paServer in Verbose mode, and a *new empty app that only calls MIDIGetNumberOfSources, does not fail either*! How can calling a framework suddenly not work, in this main app? I think the bindings for the framework are correct. I have added the framework to the iPhoneSimulator 8.2 SDK in the Delphi SDK manager, updated local File Cache and verifi...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Web resources about - Using CoreLocation Framework on Firemonkey for ios - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Snow Leopard gets hip to CoreLocation and multitouch
We're in the Q1 2009, folks, and while we'd love to believe that the release of Snow Leopard is imminent, it looks like all we'll have to be ...

Snow Leopard to Include CoreLocation and Multi-Touch APIs
The latest version of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard seeded to developers is said to have included a few new hooks for developers. One new feature ...

App Store - UltiMate GPS
Get UltiMate GPS on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Facebook SDK for iOS Tutorial - Facebook-Entwickler
... iOS app. You&#039;ll creat... To complete the tutorial, you'll need a familiarity with Objective-C, Xcode and some common frameworks like CoreLocation ...

Apple taps into M7 & motion sensors for indoor positioning in iOS 8, signing up venues to contribute
... an iOS device’s sensors and it’s even letting venues contribute by signing-up to get help enabling indoor positioning. Up until now, CoreLocation ...

Location and Maps Programming Guide: Getting the User’s Location
Describes the use of location and map services. To use the features of the Core Location framework, you must link your app to CoreLocation.framework ...

Apple's iOS 'dishing out a lot of data behind our backs,' security researcher charges
Noted forensic scientist and iOS hacker Jonathan Zdziarski has uncovered a number of undocumented "backdoor" services in Apple's mobile operating ...

Apple's Snow Leopard OS X Getting iPhone-Influenced Features
... sneak peaks with the newest version of OS X, Apple is set to include a number of features introduced on its popular handset, including CoreLocation ...

Issues for shess - Code Review
Keyboard Shortcuts File u : up to issue m : publish + mail comments M : edit review message j / k : jump to file after / before current file ...

Snow Leopard to adopt location, multi-touch from iPhone OS
The next version of Apple's operating system will allow developers to …