Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit]

Hi!

I'm trying to create a MacOS Firemonkey 3D application with gestures enabled but I can't make it work. I can place a GestureManager on the form but there is no Touch property on the TForm3D object. Then I've tried to create a TLayer3D with a normal TPanel where I was able to set the Touch property but the gestures didn't work although it captured any other mouse movements. Then I've created a separate HD TForm with a GestureManager and with the Touch property set which worked as a stand alone form but whe
n I've linked a touch enabled TPanel on the HD TForm to the 3D TLayer3D only the mouse movements seemed to be working but no gestures at all.

Anybody ran into the same issue and has a solution? Thanks!

Edited by: Csaba Horvath on Jan 28, 2013 6:11 AM
0
Csaba

How to show custom cursor on transparent firemonkey form Delphi XE3 [Edit]
HI. In my application I need to show a semi-transparent form with specific cursor. A simple example: procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Fill.Kind := TBrushKind.bkSolid; Fill.Color := $50000000; Top := 0; Left := 0; Width := 600; Height := 600; Transparency := true; Cursor := crSQLWait; end; but cursor is changed only when I start mouse moving. I don't know how to fix it:( Edited by: Sam Rob on Apr 8, 2013 1:31 AM decision: I add to onActivate: Cursor := crSQLWait; Application.ProcessMessages; ...

Delphi XE5(U2) Firemonkey application crashes at startup on OSX on new mac [Edit]
Hello, I'm trying to deploy my first application on a mac platform. I have successfully built the application on my dev mac and run it through PAServer and now I would like to deploy it on a different MacOS. I tried to drag and drop the application .app file into the application folder of the new Mac. The app shows up but as soon as I start it, I got a message telling me that it stopped unexpectedly. I'm really lost here: With windows, I'd have no problem finding out what is wrong but, with a Mac, I haven't got a clue what I did wrong. The application doesn't do an...

Are Threads and Timers preemptive in FireMonkey under Delphi XE3?
I've searched the forum and tried to find this in the documentation - all to no avail. I'm starting a new project and I'm considering moving from XE2 to XE3 for it. In my app, I need to have several timers and threads running and THE key requirement is that they are not subject to blocking. The app will need to run under both Windows and OS X. Any help is appreciated. -Mike > In my app, I need to have several timers and threads running > and THE key requirement is that they are not subject to blocking. You should expect similar behaviour to the VCL. Are you not ge...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today ...

MD5 SHA* Hash in Delphi Firemonkey 2 [Rad XE3]
Hi. I have searched the web for tow days now, and I could not find any components that can do md5 sha1 sha256 sha512 and are compartabe with firemonkey, win + osx. Mybe someone knows a good package or two. Thanks. ...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Delphi XE5 Update 2
I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates How can I get the others to appear? Kyle Miller wrote: > I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. > http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates > > How can I get the others to appear? > I've seen this happen for C++, but not for Delphi. If you launch with the -r option I expect they'll be there. -...

Web resources about - Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...