TMemo behavior [Edit]

I think I noticed at least one difference in behavior between VCL TMemo and FM TMemo. Consider:

VCL:

memo.lines[2] := 'Hello VCL'

This simply write the string 'Hello VCL' to the third line in the memo (0 indexed) and nothing more

FM:

memo.lines[2] := 'Hello FM'

This writes the line as in the VCL but then removes the first character from the next line. If I had the following:

Some text
Another line

and called memo.lines[2] := 'Hello FM' I would get

Hello FM
nother Line

I can't imagine this is the expected behavior. The more I look into FM the more I am finding that it isn't ready for prime time. This is the third instance of strange behavior I have come across in about 4 hours of usage and I don't consider myself good at finding bugs. PS I've started a journal to list the issues I've come across at http://blog.analogmachine.org/2011/09/02/bugs-and-issues-in-delphi-xe2-firemonkey, Not sure if I should report them in quality central given I found then in the trial version
.

Update: there is no way to report XE2 bugs in Quality Central. The latest Delphi version they accept are bug reports for is Delphi XE Update 1. I would have thought the company could have had quality central set up for bug reporting by the time XE2 was released.

Edited by: Herbert Sauro on Sep 2, 2011 10:46 AM
0
Herbert

Herbert Sauro <> wrote:

>I would have thought the company could have had quality central
>set up for bug reporting by the time XE2 was released.

Me too. Since Monday is a US holiday, I expect that Tuesday is the
earliest we can expect to be able to report bugs. Perhaps that
explains a bit of the venting here.

 - Leo
0
Leo

strange dbgrid behavior in delphi xe2? [Edit]
hello everyone, apologies if this has been posted already - the search function didn't show any result. Anyway, I am testing Delphi XE2 and I imported my old programs. My test computer is a xp machine, 32 bit. These programs use dbexpress to connect to a sql server database. I use a simple dataset + datasource connected to the dbgrid. I noticed a strange behavior in dbgrid, with runtime themes enabled. if I don't select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, a white box appears over there, hiding the text completely if I select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, I c...

how to dynamically change the size of a TMemo? (Delphi) [Edit]
I need to dynamically increase the size of a TMemo. Every time we go some text for this TMemo his size should increase according to the size of the text. Edited by: André Rafael Ciriaco on Feb 6, 2013 9:07 AM ...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today ...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Touch Gestures in Firemonkey 3D application Delphi XE3 MacOS [Edit]
Hi! I'm trying to create a MacOS Firemonkey 3D application with gestures enabled but I can't make it work. I can place a GestureManager on the form but there is no Touch property on the TForm3D object. Then I've tried to create a TLayer3D with a normal TPanel where I was able to set the Touch property but the gestures didn't work although it captured any other mouse movements. Then I've created a separate HD TForm with a GestureManager and with the Touch property set which worked as a stand alone form but whe n I've linked a touch enabled TPanel on the HD TForm to t...

How to show custom cursor on transparent firemonkey form Delphi XE3 [Edit]
HI. In my application I need to show a semi-transparent form with specific cursor. A simple example: procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject); begin Fill.Kind := TBrushKind.bkSolid; Fill.Color := $50000000; Top := 0; Left := 0; Width := 600; Height := 600; Transparency := true; Cursor := crSQLWait; end; but cursor is changed only when I start mouse moving. I don't know how to fix it:( Edited by: Sam Rob on Apr 8, 2013 1:31 AM decision: I add to onActivate: Cursor := crSQLWait; Application.ProcessMessages; ...

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

Re: Delphi for the Mac [Edit] [Edit]
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > > <hides under desk as fire storm about TeamB editing other people's > > posts re-ignites> > > I was thinking the same. :-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd ...

Delphi XE5(U2) Firemonkey application crashes at startup on OSX on new mac [Edit]
Hello, I'm trying to deploy my first application on a mac platform. I have successfully built the application on my dev mac and run it through PAServer and now I would like to deploy it on a different MacOS. I tried to drag and drop the application .app file into the application folder of the new Mac. The app shows up but as soon as I start it, I got a message telling me that it stopped unexpectedly. I'm really lost here: With windows, I'd have no problem finding out what is wrong but, with a Mac, I haven't got a clue what I did wrong. The application doesn't do an...

ANN: FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released! [Edit]
Dear colleagues, we are pleased to announce that version FireDataGrid 1.0 beta 3 for Delphi XE6 (Firemonkey) has been released. Version is quite stable and can be considered as a release candidate. This demo version adds two examples. MultiSelectDemo - demonstrates the ability to work in several selection modes (single row, multiple rows, single cell many cells, selection with rubber band and etc.). CustomEditorDemo - demonstrates the ability to embed custom cell editor to the grid view. In the example are being reviewed two options of the editors, based on embedded TControl and direct int...

Web resources about - TMemo behavior [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

What Brands Can Learn About Behavior from New Year's Resolutions
If you are reading this magazine, it's pretty likely your success in 2016 will depend on your ability to change people's behavior. Behavior ...

Slightly creepy experiment with ants shows that drugs can permanently alter behavior
... researchers explain how the ant caste system works. Eventually, Simola and his colleagues found just a few enzymes that regulated the behavior ...