show/hide virtual keyboard on iOS

Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components?
0
Csaba

> {quote:title=Csaba Horvath wrote:}{quote}
> Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components?

i need to hide the keyboard too , any idea?
0
giuseppe
6/15/2013 8:35:04 AM
add a TEdit on the form then use this functions:
  {code}
  Procedure TForm1.ShowKeyboard;
  Begin
    Edit1.Align      := TAlignLayout.alNone;
    Edit1.Position.X := 0;
    Edit1.Position.y := 0 - Edit1.Height - 1;
    Edit1.Visible    := true;
    Edit1.SetFocus;
  End ;

  Procedure TForm1.HideKeyboard;
  Begin
    Edit1.Visible := false;
  End;
  {code}
0
Babak
6/15/2013 12:18:08 PM
> {quote:title=Csaba Horvath wrote:}{quote}
> Is it possible to show and hide the virtual keyboard on iOS? There are only examples for input components in HD mode but I want to use the keyboard on a 3D form. If it won't work on 3D then is it possible to show/hide the keyboard without the input components?

ShellExecute(Application.Handle, 'open', pwidechar(GetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES) + '\common files\microsoft shared\ink\tabtip.exe'), nil, nil, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
0
Csaba
8/15/2013 12:07:30 PM
Hello Csaba,

> ShellExecute(Application.Handle, 'open',
> pwidechar(GetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES) + '\common
> files\microsoft shared\ink\tabtip.exe'), nil, nil, SW_SHOWNORMAL);

That is for Windows.  Csaba asked about iOS instead.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

How to show or hide the Virtual Keyboard on demand?
FM2/XE3: I am looking for a way to show or hide the systems virtual keyboard with the design of choice (numbers, keys, keys+numpad...) under delphi firemonkey, since firemonkey does not support TTouchkeyboard. How can I manage to do this? (should run on Win7 and Win 8) The virtual KB is said to be supported under XE3, but I did not found any matching code. Also it was not possible to implement FMX.Platform... (?) Thank you in Advance! PS: Any Alternative to TTouchkeyboard for FM2 known already? Try to combine vkasAlways + vkasNever VKAutoShowMode := TVKAutoShowMode.vkasAl...

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

Show Virtual Keyboard.
Hello everybody, I wonder how to trigger the virtual keyboard , even with a keyboard connected to the tablet with android . Thank you . The global variable VKAutoShowMode is set to Always in the .dpr file: VKAutoShowMode := TVKAutoShowMode.Always; This means that the virtual (onscreen) keyboard appears automatically for Windows and mobile applications even if a device has a physical keyboard. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/CodeExamples/XE7/en/FMX.Mobile.ScrollableForm_Sample_%28Delphi%29 Hello Eli, Sorry for the delay Did not work , only the windows in the android keyboard a...

Android - Virtual Keyboard
By default when I click on TMemo Virtual Keyboard is shown. I'd like to have TMemo without auto-shown Virtual Keyboard, I set Hit Test to False, but now my TMemo is not scrollable :( How can I achieve scrollable TMemo without Virtual Keyboard? > {quote:title=Sebastian Kozub wrote:}{quote} > By default when I click on TMemo Virtual Keyboard is shown. > > I'd like to have TMemo without auto-shown Virtual Keyboard, I set Hit Test to False, but now my TMemo is not scrollable :( > > How can I achieve scrollable TMemo without Virtual Keyboard? Solved: ...

Delphi XE5 virtual keyboard
I Created a FireMonkey application with Delphi Mobile XE5 with a TWebBrowser-component that displays the site google.com to allow the user to perform a search. Unfortunately, the keyboard is only possible for componenents TEdit, there is a way to use it also for the text components that appear within the website? Thank you! ...

[iOS] TMemo
I want to be able to allow my users to copy from the Tmemo but not to edit the contents. So far setting it to ReadOnly hides the keyboard but doesn't allows me to copy anything. > {quote:title=Edwin Lau wrote:}{quote} > I want to be able to allow my users to copy from the Tmemo but not to edit the contents. So far setting it to ReadOnly hides the keyboard but doesn't allows me to copy anything. Is it a select all ... cos you could add an alternate copy method based on some other trigger -- Linden "Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

How to hide and show VirtualKeyboard on iOS and Android?
How to hide and show VirtualKeyboard on iOS and Android? Thanks -- Adriano Santos http://www.tdevrocks.com.br ...

Delphi firemonkey form and keyboard Previous/Next
If I have a web a webform (html) with many fields the Iphone and Ipad keyboard show Previous/Next field. Is there a way to get this functionality with Delphi and a FM form ? B ...

Delphi XE5
Hey, I habe a problem. I created a new project with 2 textfields. When I set the focus on my smartphone to one of them, the virtual keyboard open and is shown over the textfield. Is there any way to "scroll up" the textfields, to have the vkeyboard below the textfields and not over it? Here are 2 screenshots: [http://i.imagebanana.com/img/a55t5ciw/Screenshot_20130920150032.png] [http://i.imagebanana.com/img/isi0gorw/Screenshot_20130920150037.png] David Kurz wrote: > Is there any way to "scroll up" the textfields, to have the vkeyboard below the text...

hide or show bookmarks toolbar via keyboard shorcut
Name: Moi' Padilla Email: moidotpadillaatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: hide or show bookmarks toolbar via keyboard shorcut Comments: Just that, I wish to know a way to do that via keyboard, since would be really helpfully in a netbook. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. "Moi' Padil...

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

How do you stop virtual keyboard showing when text changed programmatically
Hi, I have a TButton control that updates TMemo.text when pressed, however this causes the virtual keyboard to then show if its not presently visible or hide the virtual keyboard if its visible. How do I keep the virtual keyboard in its current state of hiidden/visible when updating TMemo text programmatically? Currently I'm using procedure TBSFRMMainiPad.genButtonMouseUp(Sender: TObject; Button: TMouseButton; Shift: TShiftState; X, Y: Single); begin MyMemo.Text:='Some Text'; //leave the virtual keyboard in the state it was FService.SetHideKeyboardButtonVisibil...

Web resources about - show/hide virtual keyboard on iOS - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Pro Tools Keyboard Shortcuts
Every shortcut you ever wanted. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Keyboard technology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
There are two types of membrane-based keyboards, flat-panel membrane keyboards and full-travel membrane keyboards: Flat-panel membrane keyboards ...

Facebook Adds Keyboard Shortcuts To Messages Inbox
Facebook added a list of keyboard shortcuts to the inbox where users retrieve their messages . continued… New Career Opportunities Daily: The ...

Facebook rolls out messages update with new layout, photo sharing, emoticons, keyboard shortcuts and ...
... continues to roll out its redesigned messages product it announced in August , including a two-paned layout, improved photo uploads and keyboard ...

Microsoft purchases popular keyboard maker SwiftKey for $250 million
The Financial Times is reporting that Microsoft has purchased popular third-party keyboard maker SwiftKey for $250 million. While SwiftKey is ...

The Zalman ZM-K700M Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
Zalman joins the market of mechanical gaming keyboards with the ZM-K700M, a keyboard based on Cherry MX switches and with white backlighting. ...

Microsoft acquires popular AI-powered predictive keyboard app SwiftKey
Microsoft is set to acquire SwiftKey , the maker of the popular predictive keyboard app of the same name, for $250 million. Thats according ...

Logitech announces G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
... of a computer. Quite frankly, other than sleeping, there is nothing that I do more than computing. This means I am constantly using a keyboard ...

Microsoft just dropped $250 million on one of the most popular iPhone and Android keyboard apps
Microsoft has purchased SwiftKey, one of the very first and very best predictive typing keyboard apps out there , for around $250 million, the ...

Watch This Video To Hear The Story Behind the Elusive Viral Sensation, Keyboard Cat
Keyboard Cat? This Keyboard Cat? Yes, the very same. This is one of a few videos The Shelter Pet Project created featuring some of your favorite ...