setScrollbarFadingEnabled -> how to set with firemonkey

Hello Forum ;)

I want to stop the Scrollbars in a Scollbox to fade out after a second.

In an Android Forum i found the Tips:

scollview.setScrollbarFadingEnabled(false);
or
android:scrollbarFadeDuration := '0';
android:scrolbarAlwaysDrawVerticalTrack := true;

Is there a way to set this in Delphi XE?

Thanks so much.
0
Karsten
8/5/2015 7:37:24 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

ANN: Delphi XE2 FireMonkey BOOK
September 5, 2012 Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is available: "FireMonkey Development for iOS and OS X with Delphi XE2" by Graeme Chandler. It is available printed (comb binding) or in PDF and MOBI (Kindle compatible) formats. Only from: http://shop.coogara.com Regards Graeme Chandler Coogara Consulting http://www.coogara.com.au http://shop.coogara.com http://www.strikingwood.com.au Graeme Chandler wrote: > Coogara Consulting is pleased to announce that our new book is > available: > > "FireMonkey Dev...

Setting Android FireMonkey TMemo color
Hi! I need to set the background color of a TMemo by code. Making it transparent would also be good enough. Delphi XE5. This is how I tried but doesn't work: {code} procedure TFormMain.MemoSongInformationLirycsApplyStyleLookup(Sender: TObject); var BckObject: TFmxObject; begin BckObject := (Sender as TMemo).FindStyleResource('background'); if Assigned(BckObject) and (BckObject is TSubImage) then begin TSubImage(BckObject).Source := nil; end; end; {code} no success with the following either: {code} procedure TFormMain.MemoSongInform...

What would be the Firemonkey equivalent of setting BevelOuter to bvNone ?
I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is possible in VCL setting all 3 Bevels to bvNone. How could I accomplish that in Firemonkey since there are no such properties ? Margins and Padding are all zeroes but that does not do it. Is it possible ? Thanks. > I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is possible in VCL setting all 3 Bevels to bvNone. Don't use a TPanel, use a TLayout. > {quote:title=Mauricio Gomes wrote:}{quote} > I do not want to see a line dividing the panels and labels. This effect is poss...

Firemonkey FM2 Combobox
I'm trying to essentially "blank out" a combox. I can set it's ItemIndex to -1 (even though that is the default value). It will let me set the ItemIndex to another value. How else can I blank out the combobox? > {quote:title=Joey Hickey wrote:}{quote} > I'm trying to essentially "blank out" a combox. I can set it's ItemIndex to -1 (even though that is the default value). It will let me set the ItemIndex to another value. How else can I blank out the combobox? What do you mean by 'blank out'? From an end user point of view or from a ...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

Delphi XE5 Firemonkey iOS7 Style (where is it?)
It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is iOS6 style components. I can compile on iOS7 and it will bring up the keyboard in iOS 7 but none of the drag and drop components from firemonkey are iOS7 style. Am I missing something obvious? > {quote:title=David Templar wrote:}{quote} > It says here http://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new that XE5 has "iOS 7 SDK support and style" > > Where is the iOS7 style? - All I can see is...

Delphi FireMonkey project / testComplete and MSAA
Hi I am actualy working on a new team project developped using FireMonkey. We want to create automated tests with TestComplete which is already used to run tests on some VCL projects. Unfortunatly, we discovered that TestComplete is not directly compatible with FireMonkey application, it only sees the windows but not the controls on it. Making some research we, found that TestComplete is able to identify controls thanks to MSAA. So we created a really short project (only one form with some controls) using the FireMonkey Accessibility Pack in order to look at TestComplete's behavio...

ANN: TMS Pack for FireMonkey v1.5 with new TMS Grid for FireMonkey released
We're very proud to announce the availability of TMS Pack for FireMonkey v1.5 at http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfmxpack.asp that includes our new TMS Grid for FireMonkey and also a new Outlook style navigation bar and advanced edit controls. Screenshot: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/img/TMSFMXGridCollection_small.png TMS Grid for FireMonkey feature set: - Fully style-able, customizable and architected from the ground up for FireMonkey - Fully cross platform, support for Win32, Win64, Mac OSX, iOS - High performance: handles >500.000 rows, >10.000 columns witho...

Web resources about - setScrollbarFadingEnabled -> how to set with firemonkey - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey