Send Email with Indy smtp - under firemonkey with ios debug does not work! [Edit]

-- Indy component smtp and MailMessage
-- under win 32 works correct, no problems.
-- under debug for IOS Device: The IOS APP hang complete!
-- lines source code:
  MailMessage.Recipients.EMailAddresses   := empfaenger ;
  idEmailAdress.pas:
  line 715
  EMail.Text := TrimLeft(AList);  !!!!!

no error nothing app hang!

here is my source code:

 try
      try
        MailMessage.From.Address                := 'sender.adress@...' ;
        MailMessage.Subject                          := 'Hello again';
        MailMessage.Body.Text                      := MemoBody.Text;
        MailMessage.Recipients.EMailAddresses   := Recipientadress ;   // goto idEmailAdress.pas --> line 715 --> EMail.Text := TrimLeft(AList);
        //send mail
        SMTP.Connect;
        SMTP.Send(MailMessage);
      except begin // except on E:Exception do begin
        StatusMemo.Lines.Insert(0, 'ERROR: ' + 'Text1');
        StatusMemo.Lines.Insert(0, 'ERROR: ' + Text2);
      end;
      end;
    finally
      if SMTP.Connected then begin
        SMTP.Disconnect;
        MailMessage.Clear ;
        StatusMemo.Lines.Add('Status: Email send OK!');
      end;
       MailMessage.Clear ;

Edited by: Rolf Hauger on Oct 4, 2013 9:28 AM
1
Rolf
10/4/2013 4:29:06 PM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Rolf wrote:

> idEmailAdress.pas:
> line 715
> EMail.Text := TrimLeft(AList); !!!!!
>
> no error nothing app hang!

The only way that can hang is if the code inside of the TIdEmailAddress.Text
setter is stuck in an endless loop.  Since it works fine for desktop apps
but not mobile app, that likely suggests a ZEROBASEDSTRINGS logic bug in
the offending loop.  Make sure you are using an up-to-date version of Indy.
 Indy does a LOT of string parsing, and ZBS-related bugs have been getting
squashed left and right ever since Delphi mobile development became public.
 In a recent SVN update, ZEROBASEDSTRINGS was turned off completely throughout
Indy as a whole, so it should not be an issue anymore.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > idEmailAdress.pas:
> > line 715
> > EMail.Text := TrimLeft(AList); !!!!!
> >
> > no error nothing app hang!
>
> The only way that can hang is if the code inside of the TIdEmailAddress.Text
> setter is stuck in an endless loop.  Since it works fine for desktop apps
> but not mobile app, that likely suggests a ZEROBASEDSTRINGS logic bug in
> the offending loop.  Make sure you are using an up-to-date version of Indy.
>  Indy does a LOT of string parsing, and ZBS-related bugs have been getting
> squashed left and right ever since Delphi mobile development became public.
>  In a recent SVN update, ZEROBASEDSTRINGS was turned off completely throughout
> Indy as a whole, so it should not be an issue anymore.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

If update from svn v.5063
Under IOS IPAD the same problem in idEmailAdress line 715
EMail.Text := TrimLeft(Alist) ;

It hangs complete!
What can i do?

Edited by: Rolf Hauger on Oct 7, 2013 3:10 AM
1
Rolf
10/7/2013 10:10:58 AM
Rolf wrote:

> If update from svn v.5063
> Under IOS IPAD the same problem in idEmailAdress line 715
> EMail.Text := TrimLeft(Alist) ;
>
> It hangs complete!
> What can i do?

Sorry, I cannot answer that.  You did not show what the actual value of your
'empfaenger' variable is, and I do not have an iOS device/simulator to debug
with.  The parsing logic inside of TIdEmailAddressList and TIdEmailAddressItem
is the same on desktop and mobile, especially now with ZBS disabled, so it
does not make sense that it would be failing for mobile but not for desktop,
unless maybe there is a mobile RTL function that is failing internally.
You already traced the problem into IdEmailAddress.pas, can you trace any
further?  The TIdEMailAddressItem.Text property setter is in that same source
file as the TIdEMailAddressList.EMailAddresses property setter.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > If update from svn v.5063
> > Under IOS IPAD the same problem in idEmailAdress line 715
> > EMail.Text := TrimLeft(Alist) ;
> >
> > It hangs complete!
> > What can i do?
>
> Sorry, I cannot answer that.  You did not show what the actual value of your
> 'empfaenger' variable is, and I do not have an iOS device/simulator to debug
> with.  The parsing logic inside of TIdEmailAddressList and TIdEmailAddressItem
> is the same on desktop and mobile, especially now with ZBS disabled, so it
> does not make sense that it would be failing for mobile but not for desktop,
> unless maybe there is a mobile RTL function that is failing internally.
> You already traced the problem into IdEmailAddress.pas, can you trace any
> further?  The TIdEMailAddressItem.Text property setter is in that same source
> file as the TIdEMailAddressList.EMailAddresses property setter.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

idEmaildress: 715
Email.Text := TrimLeft(AList)  ; (value debug Alist --> 'support@xxxxxxx.de')

System: 23184
S:= _NewUnicodeString(Len) ;  ( value debug source --> 'support@xxxxxxx.de')
Line 23193 ( value debug source --> 'support@xxxxxxx.de')

System.SysUtils
function TrimLeft ..
begin
Result := S.TrimLeft; (value result --> 'support@xxxxxxx.de')
end

now: System: No here in the function _UStrAddRef it hangs complete

function _UStrAddRef
if P.refcnt >= 0 then
Atomicincrement(P.refcnt)  --> it hangs complete
end ;

the same effect with MailMessage.ReceiptRecipient.Text       := ''support@xxxxxxx.de' ;
it hangs after idGlobalProtocols finish

procedure WideStringasCharset Line 4672

Edited by: Rolf Hauger on Oct 8, 2013 2:28 PM
1
Rolf
10/8/2013 9:30:45 PM
Rolf wrote:

> now: System: No here in the function _UStrAddRef it hangs complete
>
> function _UStrAddRef
> if P.refcnt >= 0 then
> Atomicincrement(P.refcnt)  --> it hangs complete
> end ;

That would definately be an RTL issue.  Either P is not valid, or somehow
AtomicIncrement() is deadlocking internally - which should be next to impossible
unless either the CPU itself is buggy, or Embarcadero implemented AtomicIncrement()
incorrectly for mobile systems.  Either way, not an Indy issue.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
-1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > now: System: No here in the function _UStrAddRef it hangs complete
> >
> > function _UStrAddRef
> > if P.refcnt >= 0 then
> > Atomicincrement(P.refcnt)  --> it hangs complete
> > end ;
>
> That would definately be an RTL issue.  Either P is not valid, or somehow
> AtomicIncrement() is deadlocking internally - which should be next to impossible
> unless either the CPU itself is buggy, or Embarcadero implemented AtomicIncrement()
> incorrectly for mobile systems.  Either way, not an Indy issue.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

And now, what can I do?
Wait for update XE5 SP2??
-1
Rolf
10/9/2013 1:08:08 PM
Rolf wrote:

> And now, what can I do?
> Wait for update XE5 SP2??

Most likely, yes.  Unless you can track down the root cause and fix it yourself.
 But do be sure to file a bug report in QC so Embarcadero is aware of the
issue.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
-1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > And now, what can I do?
> > Wait for update XE5 SP2??
>
> Most likely, yes.  Unless you can track down the root cause and fix it yourself.
>  But do be sure to file a bug report in QC so Embarcadero is aware of the
> issue.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Are there currently any alternative (component) to send emails with attachment via firemonkey on IOS?
1
Rolf

>>> And now, what can I do?
>>> Wait for update XE5 SP2??
>>
>> Most likely, yes.  Unless you can track down the root cause and fix it yourself.
>>   But do be sure to file a bug report in QC so Embarcadero is aware of the
>> issue.
>
> Are there currently any alternative (component) to send emails with attachment via firemonkey on IOS?

Could you check that MailMessage.Recipients is assigned? Maybe its not
assigned. This could produce such errors.

Can you try to the following in your code at the position before the
actual assignment:

var
   TestString: string;
begin
   TestString := TrimLeft(Alist);
end;

Soeren
1
Soeren
10/10/2013 2:01:08 PM
Rolf wrote:

> TestString := TrimLeft(Alist);  --> insert
> The same effect. It hang complete after that.

Then that is a major RTL bug that should never have made it through Embarcadero's
QA.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
-1
Remy wrote:

> Then that is a major RTL bug that should never have made it through
> Embarcadero's QA.

I have filed a bug report:

Report No: 119705          Status: Reported
[iOS] Deadlock when assigning the result of SysUtils.TrimLeft() to a String
variable
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=119705

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
Rolf wrote:

> the debugger hang now under TIdSMTP --> GetResponse(220); !!!

That means the SMTP server is not sending a Greeting.  What do you have the
TIdSMTP Port and UseTLS propeties set to?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
> {quote:title=Soeren Muehlbauer wrote:}{quote}
> Hi,

> >> Most likely, yes.  Unless you can track down the root cause and fix it yourself.
> >>   But do be sure to file a bug report in QC so Embarcadero is aware of the
> >> issue.
> >
> > Are there currently any alternative (component) to send emails with attachment via firemonkey on IOS?
> >

> Could you check that MailMessage.Recipients is assigned? Maybe its not
> assigned. This could produce such errors.
>
> Can you try to the following in your code at the position before the
> actual assignment:
>
> var
>    TestString: string;
> begin
>    TestString := TrimLeft(Alist);
> end;
>

> Soeren

TestString := TrimLeft(Alist);  --> insert
The same effect. It hang complete after that.

Edited by: Rolf Hauger on Oct 11, 2013 11:07 AM

Edited by: Rolf Hauger on Oct 11, 2013 11:18 AM
1
Rolf
> Remy wrote:
>
> > Then that is a major RTL bug that should never have made it through
> > Embarcadero's QA.
>
> I have filed a bug report:
>
> Report No: 119705          Status: Reported
> [iOS] Deadlock when assigning the result of SysUtils.TrimLeft() to a String
> variable
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=119705
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

now I insert under mailmessage:
an recipients.

1. When I fill the property under 0 - TIdEmailAdressItem
Adresse -> mailadress

the app hangs on start up on ios

2. if I leave all properties empty
and insert in the source code the following

MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address := 'support at matechard dot de' ;

the debugger hang now under TIdSMTP --> GetResponse(220); !!!

procedure TIdSMTP.Connect;
begin
FDidAuthenticate := False;
inherited Connect;
try
GetResponse(220);
SendGreeting;
except
Disconnect(False);
raise;
end;
end;

Edited by: Rolf Hauger on Oct 11, 2013 11:19 AM
1
Rolf
10/11/2013 6:19:37 PM
Rolf wrote:

> MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address := 'support at matechard dot de' ;

Did you Add() a new TIdEmailAddressItem object to the Recipients list before
accessing Recipients[0]?

{code}
MailMessage.Recipients.Add;
MailMessage.[0].Address := ...;
{code}

Or:

{code}
MailMessage.Recipients.Add.Address := ...;
{code}

> the debugger hang now under TIdSMTP --> GetResponse(220); !!!

As I stated in my last reply, that hang means the SMTP server is not sending
a Greeting.  That typically happens if you have the TIdSMTP.UseTLS property
set to either utNoTLSSupport or utUseExplicitTLS, but are connecting to a
Port that is expecting UseTLS to be set to utUseImplicitTLS instead.  In
other words, if the SMTP server is expecting your app to initialize an SSL/TLS
handshake immediately upon connecting to the server, before the server can
then send its Greeting, but your app is not actually initiating a handshake,
thus there is no data being sent by the server for GetResponse() to read.

Double check your TIdSMTP configuration when Connect() is called.  Make sure
you are connecting to the correct Port and using an appropriate UseTLS value
for that Port.

One thing you can do to avoid this kind of deadlock is to set the TIdSMTP.ReadTimeout
property to a non-infinite value, that way GetResponse(220) will raise an
exception if no Greeting arrives within the specified amount of time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > the debugger hang now under TIdSMTP --> GetResponse(220); !!!
>
> That means the SMTP server is not sending a Greeting.  What do you have the
> TIdSMTP Port and UseTLS propeties set to?
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

status:
under MailMessage - Recipients nothing added.

in the source code:

            MailMessage.Recipients.Add;
            MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address := mailadress;

That only works under win32 and IOS!

now I implement the following
            SMTP.Port   := 25 ;
            {$IFDEF IOS}
              SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
            {$ELSE}
              SMTP.UseTLS := utNoTLSSupport ;
            {$ENDIF}
            SMTP.Connect;
            SMTP.Send(MailMessage);

under win32 it works fine.
under IOS debug line SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
The following error appears

Debugger Exception:
Exception Class EIdTLSClientSSLIOHandlerRequred SSL IOHandler is required for This setting

Also it is not possible to switch under smtp - UseTLS from utNoTLSSupport to utUseImplicitTLS (SSL IOHandler is required for setting)

What can I do?
1
Rolf
10/12/2013 1:42:03 PM
Rolf wrote:

> MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address := mailadress;
> That only works under win32 and IOS!

Why?  Are you encountering the known ZBS-related deadlock?  That has already
been fixed, if you update to the latest Indy SVN release.

> now I implement the following
> SMTP.Port   := 25 ;
> {$IFDEF IOS}
> SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
> {$ELSE}
> SMTP.UseTLS := utNoTLSSupport ;
> {$ENDIF}

You can't use utUseImplicitTLS on port 25, it requires port 465 instead.

> under win32 it works fine.

Sure, because you are disabling SSL/TLS when running on Windows.  SMTP port
25 is unencrypted.

The UseTLS property is not platform-specific.  Its use is dictated by the
server port you are connecting to.  Either use SSL/TLS or do not, do not
use an IFDEF:

{code}
if (SMTP connection must be secure with implicit SSL) then
begin
  SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
  SMTP.Port := 465;
end
else if (SMTP connection does not require SSL, but may be upgraded to secure
with explicit TLS) then
begin
  SMTP.UseTLS := utUseExplicitTLS ;
  SMTP.Port := 587;
end else
begin
  SMTP.UseTLS := utNoTLSSupport ;
  SMTP.Port := 25 ;
end;
{code}

> under IOS debug line SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
> The following error appears
> Debugger Exception:
> Exception Class EIdTLSClientSSLIOHandlerRequred SSL IOHandler is required
for This setting

You must assign a TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL component to the TIdSMTP.IOHandler
property in order to use SSL/TLS, and thus to set the UseTLS property to
anything other than utNoTLSSupport.

Note that on iOS specifically, using OpenSSL requires extra setup that is
not required on other platforms:

http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/using_ssl_delphi_ios.html

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address := mailadress;
> > That only works under win32 and IOS!
>
> Why?  Are you encountering the known ZBS-related deadlock?  That has already
> been fixed, if you update to the latest Indy SVN release.
>
> > now I implement the following
> > SMTP.Port   := 25 ;
> > {$IFDEF IOS}
> > SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
> > {$ELSE}
> > SMTP.UseTLS := utNoTLSSupport ;
> > {$ENDIF}
>
> You can't use utUseImplicitTLS on port 25, it requires port 465 instead.
>
> > under win32 it works fine.
>
> Sure, because you are disabling SSL/TLS when running on Windows.  SMTP port
> 25 is unencrypted.
>
> The UseTLS property is not platform-specific.  Its use is dictated by the
> server port you are connecting to.  Either use SSL/TLS or do not, do not
> use an IFDEF:
>
> {code}
> if (SMTP connection must be secure with implicit SSL) then
> begin
>   SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
>   SMTP.Port := 465;
> end
> else if (SMTP connection does not require SSL, but may be upgraded to secure
> with explicit TLS) then
> begin
>   SMTP.UseTLS := utUseExplicitTLS ;
>   SMTP.Port := 587;
> end else
> begin
>   SMTP.UseTLS := utNoTLSSupport ;
>   SMTP.Port := 25 ;
> end;
> {code}
>
> > under IOS debug line SMTP.UseTLS := utUseImplicitTLS ;
> > The following error appears
> > Debugger Exception:
> > Exception Class EIdTLSClientSSLIOHandlerRequred SSL IOHandler is required
> for This setting
>
> You must assign a TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL component to the TIdSMTP.IOHandler
> property in order to use SSL/TLS, and thus to set the UseTLS property to
> anything other than utNoTLSSupport.
>
> Note that on iOS specifically, using OpenSSL requires extra setup that is
> not required on other platforms:
>
> http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/using_ssl_delphi_ios.html
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

question of understanding;

If the recipient address is always the same (under win32 and IOS) and works on win32 perfect, why can I not use the same settings for IOS?
-1
Rolf
10/14/2013 8:24:25 PM
Rolf wrote:

> If the recipient address is always the same (under win32 and IOS) and
> works on win32 perfect, why can I not use the same settings for IOS?

That was already answered, several times - it is caused by a ZEROBASEDSTRINGS-related
bug in the shipping version of Indy, which has already been fixed in a newer
SVN snapshot of Indy.  ZEROBASEDSTRINGS are enabled by default on iOS and
Android, but are disabled by default on other platforms.  That is why Windows
works and iOS fails.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
> Rolf wrote:
>
> > If the recipient address is always the same (under win32 and IOS) and
> > works on win32 perfect, why can I not use the same settings for IOS?
>
> That was already answered, several times - it is caused by a ZEROBASEDSTRINGS-related
> bug in the shipping version of Indy, which has already been fixed in a newer
> SVN snapshot of Indy.  ZEROBASEDSTRINGS are enabled by default on iOS and
> Android, but are disabled by default on other platforms.  That is why Windows
> works and iOS fails.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

sorry for my not quite correct question.

I mean when I work with MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address := mailsdress;
is it the same problem?

And now these MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address is always the same (under win32 and IOS) and
works on win32 perfect, why can I not use the same settings for IOS?
1
Rolf
10/15/2013 6:06:47 AM
Rolf wrote:

> I mean when I work with MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address :=
> mailsdress; is it the same problem?
>
> And now these MailMessage.Recipients[0].Address is always the same
> (under win32 and IOS) and works on win32 perfect, why can I not use
> the same settings for IOS?

Are you listening?  As stated several times now, there is a ZEROBASEDSTRINGS
logic bug inside of the TIdEmailAddressItem.Address property setter when
parsing the input.  It does not matter HOW you reach the TIdEmailAddressItem
object.  Assigning a value to the Address property on iOS will enter an endless
loop and deadlock.  You need to upgrade your Indy installation to the latest
SVN snapshot to fix that.  Then it will work correctly on iOS.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
1
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

> Remy wrote:
>
> > Then that is a major RTL bug that should never have made it through
> > Embarcadero's QA.
>
> I have filed a bug report:
>
> Report No: 119705          Status: Reported
> [iOS] Deadlock when assigning the result of SysUtils.TrimLeft() to a
> String variable
> http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=119705

I am now reading this thread and noticed that in the QC there is not
attachment and the last comment is from Tomohiro Takahashi:

{code}
Remy-san
 Could you please attach sample project to reproduce/confirm your issue?
{code}
1
Lajos

How do you rate you experience programming for IOS in Delphi/Firemonkey [Edit]
Hello: I've been taking a IOS programming course in objective-c/swift with xcode, and while doing my homework assignments I came to the conclusion that this is a very finicky environment, where very often things don't work as expected or there is always some minor UI glitch that has to be fixed or found workarounds for. Just to give you some examples (by far not an exaustive list): a UITableView doesn't align to the top when you use a navigation controller; upon selecting a row in a UITableView some buttons in the row disappear while the row is selected; specifying layout con...

Does Delphi XE5 firemonkey work on current Samsung tablets? [Edit]
I am being told that Delphi XE5 with firemonkey will not work on the current range of Samsung tablets even if they have Android 4 is that true? If so I will be very disappointed having invested thousands of pounds and a few hundred hours to adopt the technology on the promise I can now deploy to Android mobile devices. When I run even the most simple Hello World app I simply get a black screen on my brand new Samsung tablet. I am told it only works on Android devices with a ARMv7 CPU supporting NEON instruction sets. If this is the case developers need to know that I have been told today ...

Problems sending emails with attachments in Indy SMTP in Delphi 2009
Hi, I'm working with Delphi 2009 fully updated (12.0.3420.21218 with Update Pack 3), and I had the original version of the Indy 10.2.5. All attachments were going with a file name ATT000043.dat, instead of the correct name. I updated to the latest Indy from the Dev Snapshot, and it went to version 10.5.7. However, now the attachment does not appear as an attachment at all, the the message appears as: This is a multi-part message in MIME format --HF2WOHttwwLp1TZg=_wwY6H2qbRC0RDTyU Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline H...

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

How to make XE4 Firemonkey ios Component from native iOS UI controls ? [Edit]
Hi, I write this simple code for control volume in iOS {code} Var MPV : MPVolumeView; Procedure TForm1.SbPlayClick( Sender: TObject ); Begin MPV := TMPVolumeView.Wrap( TMPVolumeView.Alloc.InitWithFrame( CGRectMake( 20, 50, 200, 100 ) ) ); MPV.SetShowsRouteButton( True ); MPV.SetShowsVolumeSlider( True ); MPV.SetNeedsDisplay; WindowHandleToPlatform( Self.Handle ).View.AddSubview( MPV ); End; {code} MPVolumeView is a iOS UIView. with this line we can add iOS UIView elements into form, now how can add this elements into firemonkey controls ? {code} WindowHandle...

How to make XE4 Firemonkey ios Component from native iOS UI controls ? [Edit]
Hi, I write this simple code for control volume in iOS {code} Var MPV : MPVolumeView; Procedure TForm1.SbPlayClick( Sender: TObject ); Begin MPV := TMPVolumeView.Wrap( TMPVolumeView.Alloc.InitWithFrame( CGRectMake( 20, 50, 200, 100 ) ) ); MPV.SetShowsRouteButton( True ); MPV.SetShowsVolumeSlider( True ); MPV.SetNeedsDisplay; WindowHandleToPlatform( Self.Handle ).View.AddSubview( MPV ); End; {code} MPVolumeView is a iOS UIView. with this line we can add iOS UIView elements into form, now how can add this elements into firemonkey controls ? {code} WindowHandle...

Indy, FireMonkey and SSL for iOS?
Hi, I'm trying to find information related to using https with Indy in a FireMonkey application for the iOS platform. Anyone with experienc or information related to this issue? with regards Knut Kjeilen // Geir Mykkeltvedt Hello Geir, > I'm trying to find information related to using https with Indy > in a FireMonkey application for the iOS platform. Information on this topic has been mentioned several times before. In a nutshell, iOS *devices* do not allow dynlibs, so you have to statically compile OpenSSL directly into your app. The iOS *simulator* uses ...

FireMonkey ios FCL XML [Edit]
Hi I am trying to write a simple FM iOS app to read xml files I am new to Both Delphi and iOS but I understand that you can write to the FCL for read/writing XML for the iOS dev correct? So I have compiled the code and it builds fine but I am getting a Thread error <????> at 0, and 1 I have the mode set to {$mode objfpc}{$H+} here is the code: unit iOSXML; {$mode objfpc}{$H+} interface uses SysUtils, Types, UITypes, Classes, Variants, FMX_Types, FMX_Controls, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Layouts, FMX_Memo, DOM, XMLRead, XMLWrite; type TForm1 = class(TForm) ...

Firemonkey ios image post [Edit]
how to post Tbitmap for firemonkey ios ? that I would like to send photos taken with DSRestCommand firemonkey in ios. Edited by: emb emb on May 23, 2012 1:18 AM ...

[Urgent] BarCode ios firemonkey [Edit]
*I have a file "static library .a " for QR Code, and I want to use in firemonkey ios, I don't know how to assign the projet. plz you can help me?* *thanks* Edited by: nt ntsoft on Jun 5, 2012 10:14 AM > {quote:title=nt ntsoft wrote:}{quote} > *I have a file "static library .a " for QR Code, and I want to use in firemonkey ios, I don't know how to assign the projet. plz you can help me?* > > *thanks* > > Edited by: nt ntsoft on Jun 5, 2012 10:14 AM See Part 8 here: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/ -Phil We also li...

Sending Email with attachment under XE4 firemonkey
Sending Email with attachment under XE4 firemonkey. (under XE2 no problem). How can I do this?? Rolf wrote: > Sending Email with attachment under XE4 firemonkey. (under XE2 no > problem). How can I do this?? How do you do it under XE2? For instance, Indy is available in both VCL and FMX, and works the same way in both frameworks. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote} > Rolf wrote: > > > Sending Email with attachment under XE4 firemonkey. (under XE2 no > > problem). How can I do this?? > > How do you d...

Web resources about - Send Email with Indy smtp - under firemonkey with ios debug does not work! [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore