Problem with debugging on XP machine (notebook) [Edit]

Is there anybody out there frequently facing a system not responding issue (maybe due to the whole screen frozen) while debugging FP win32 application on Windows XP?  My machine just not respond anymore and need to perform a restart by pressing the hardware button!

Strangely, this issue didn't happen on my Windows 7 machine...  XE2 runs without any problem so far.
0
ah

Delphi XE8 FireMonkey iOS Style problem with segmented buttons [Edit]
Hi, Going through some tutorials to get used to mobile development using FireMonkey and Delphi XE8. One of the most basic layouts tend to use the toolbar component with segmented speed buttons, and then applying the correct segmented style to each button. However, there seems to be an issue with the iOS style. [Screenshot.|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68Ju-patBf-RVVEMmI5UDd2cG8/view?usp=sharing] Using the "segmentedbuttonleft", "segmentedbuttonmiddle", and "segmentedbuttonright" styles is producing an extra border on the right button in iOS. It seems...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Problem using InstallAware 7 CodeGear Special Edition with Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hi Everyone, I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010. When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:- No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl" and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this. Thanks in advance. Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM > {quo...

FYI - The new 7204 build still does NOT fix the DW XP controlstyle problem (Single Line Edit) .. So XP users
It must be great that the absolutely only problem you face is the one concerning the DW when running with WinXP themes. Unfortunately, many other people have many issues - even people who are running Windows XP. Therefore, most people will review the list of bugs which have been reported to be fixed in this build - and make their own decision on whether or not to make the upgrade. You must remember - that although you may find the bug you refer to - as an extremely critical and showstopping bug - other people have many other issues that they find just as critical for their ca...

Delphi 7 Debug problem
Hello people I still use the Delphi 7, and my old PC was running Windows XP and everything was fine, I migrated to Windows 7 64 bits and I am having trouble in debug it works well the first running compilation and then the dubug stops working on next running, all time that I mark one breakpoint would be like if the line could not be marked as breakpoint, anyone know the solution? ...

Delphi Designer Problem [Edit]
An older Delphi application consisting of many projects (a host exe and several plug in libraries) was thrown my way today and it has a problem. The problem lies in the way Delphi is choosing which designer to use when displaying a data module for one particular plug in library project. Each plug in library has one data module which inherits from a shared base data module unit. The base data module published some new properties like version (string), serial (string), and security (integer), etc. In all the plug in library projects, when you open the derived data module Delphi picks the ...

Delphi
Hi, I'm trying to make an application that connects to the specyfic device and read some data... thay are in strings... Device producer give Delphi library that works but instead of number (string with number '1234.67') I get kind of chinesse letters.. if I do AnsiString := String there is '??????d' string instead od chinnesse :-) with other string I get without last letter i.e.: 'Unknow'. http://i.imgur.com/jP47wgC.png The library was made for Delphi 7 and is open in XE5... In future I'd like to use it in FMX also... Sebastian wrote: > I&#...

Problem getting rid of apps in XP, problems with IIS and XP HEd
My new notebook came with XP Home Edition. Oblivious to the fact that it would not support IIS, I went ahead and installed VS.NET along with other applications (SQL Server etc...). After finding out that ASP.NET won't run because of the unavailability of IIS, I went ahead and bought XP Pro and did a fresh/clean installation (by selecting the appropriate options in setup). Here is the thing that baffles me now.... Almost 10Gigs of my hard drive still has all the applications (but not data) from the previous version of XP (home edition). VS.NET, along with all other applications that I had ...

TDatamodule problem on Delphi XE2 [Edit]
I reported a problem to QC (#100324) that I think is related with this issue. I've a project that I'm trying to compile with Delphi XE2 and when I close the application or close a form that links to the datamodule where my main connection to Interbase database is located, I'm geting this error message: First chance exception at $0061BCEA. Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x0061bcea: read of address 0x80808088'. Process Fac2011.exe (5608) For example, I have a form with a TIBTransaction and a TIBQuery that are linked to a TIBDatabase that b...

Delphi 2010 and RichEdit problem. [Edit]
I am using Delphi 2010 and RichEdit control. When set RichEdit controls WantReturns to False And WordWrap to False. When running application and entering some word in to richedit and clicking to enter key then richedit control text is wrapped and cursor moved new line. Wantreturns property doesnt works. (In the delphi 7 working well) When using Memo control is ok. TRichEdit's wantreturns set false not working. How to fix it? Edited by: Amar Avirmed on Mar 10, 2010 5:18 PM Hello, you might get more answers to your question when asking this in the ..vcl.components.usinn...

Delphi 2010 and RichEdit problem [Edit]
I am using Delphi 2010 and RichEdit control. When set RichEdit controls WantReturns to False And WordWrap to False. When running application and entering some word in to richedit and clicking to enter key then richedit control text is wrapped and cursor moved new line. Wantreturns property doesnt works. (In the delphi 7 working well) When using Memo control is ok. TRichEdit's wantreturns set false not working. How to fix it? Edited by: Amar Avirmed on Mar 10, 2010 5:17 PM Amar Avirmed wrote: > I am using Delphi 2010 and RichEdit control. > When set RichEdit con...

Problem with constructor in Delphi 2011 [Edit]
Anybody helps me plz. {code} type PQuestion = class public q: String; a, b, c, d: String; ans: byte; public constructor Create(q1, a1, b1, c1, d1: String; ans1: byte); end; {code} {code} constructor PQuestion.Create(q1, a1, b1, c1, d1: String; ans1: byte); begin q := q1; a := a1; b := b1; c := c1; d := d1; ans := ans1; end; {code} But when I call it from another unit, I got error message: +Acess violation at address....write at....+ {code} obj.Create('q','a','b','c','d',1);//Example {code...

Visual problems with Firemonkey on Windows [Edit]
Yesterday I downloaded and installed a trial version of Delphi XE5 (Update 2). I discovered the following visual defects in desktop Firemonkey apps for Windows: 1. Painting. On Windows XP SP3 I observe issues with painting of the main window. Firemonkey HD. On Windows 7 with Aero Glass (or without) this problem doesn't occur. See screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/27544810/delphi/bug-report1/1-winxp.jpg 2. When I create a new application Firemonkey 3D I don't see any controls which I add in the designer. I launched the test project on several different PCs wit...

Debug problems / questions with Delphi 2010
Ok, let me start off with saying I've just recently started my upgrade to Delphi 2010 from 2007 so I'm a little new to the new environment. That being said I've been some problems with the debugger. Nothing earth shaking, but more than a little annoying, and I'm hoping someone can help with one or more of then. First, flyover hints in the code window while debugging never work, and hints/tooltips in general in the IDE seldom work, including the toolbar (which I would generally assume to have hints). I've had the problem before with 2007, but it was always intermitte...

Web resources about - Problem with debugging on XP machine (notebook) [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

Debugging - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For the shell command, see debug (command) . For the German magazine, see Debug (magazine) . For the 2014 film, see Debug (film) . Debugging ...

The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away - YouTube
Google Tech Talk February 14, 2012 Presented by Ron Garret. ABSTRACT The Remote Agent Experiment: Debugging Code from 60 Million Miles Away The ...

Taking the pain out of debugging with live programming
"Everyone knows that debugging is twice as hard as writing a program in the first place," Brian Kernighan once wrote (adding: "So if you're as ...

Microsoft acquires software for debugging Unity games
... Visual Studio's capabilities for game builders, Microsoft is acquiring SyntaxTree, creator of a widely used Visual Studio plug-in for debugging ...

Agile Learning, Debugging and Mikado Method in Methods & Tools Fall 2013 issue
Methods & Tools – the free e-magazine for software developers, testers and project managers – has just published its Fall 2013 issue with the ...

Apple releases Xcode 6.3.1 with bug fixes for debugging
Apple today released Xcode 6.3.1 with bug fixes . According to the release notes, the release includes fixes for debugging, Interface Builder, ...

Chrome Beta for Android brings debugging tools to mobile web developers
YouTube link for mobile viewing Chrome Beta for Android brings a lot of cool features for users like you and me, but it also has a handy one ...