Problem connecting to Mac In Cloud PA Server from Delphi XE-5

I am using delphi XE-5 and I have a Mac in Cloud account. I can log into the Mac in Cloud account, run the RAD PA Server, and everything seems to be ok.

I have set up my profile in the Connection Profile Manager, using the PA Server's IP Address and Port number and I am using the same login credentials. However, I get the following error when attempting to test the connection (or run my simple "hello world" application)

    TDXError
    Remote error: Authentication manager rejected user credentials. This may due to invalid combination of DS username and password

Has anyone else experienced this error?
0
Shsane

> {quote:title=Shsane Holmes wrote:}{quote}
>
>     TDXError
>     Remote error: Authentication manager rejected user credentials. This may due to invalid combination of DS username and password
>

> Has anyone else experienced this error?

The PAServer itself can have a password set on it. When you first launch the PAServer it asks you to set a password or enter for no password. Maybe you set a password on the connection setting in Delphi and it's different from the PAServer on MacInCloud?
0
Eli
12/29/2013 8:00:11 AM
> {quote:title=Shsane Holmes wrote:}{quote}
> I am using delphi XE-5 and I have a Mac in Cloud account. I can log into the Mac in Cloud account, run the RAD PA Server, and everything seems to be ok.
>
> I have set up my profile in the Connection Profile Manager, using the PA Server's IP Address and Port number and I am using the same login credentials. However, I get the following error when attempting to test the connection (or run my simple "hello world" application)
>
>     TDXError
>     Remote error: Authentication manager rejected user credentials. This may due to invalid combination of DS username and password
>

> Has anyone else experienced this error?

I've had to reload Delphi a couple times.  I've ways let Delphi setup the Mac In Cloud connection using the getting started wizard.  It seems to always get it right.  It also seems to always use the same Mac In Cloud account that it originally setup.
0
Gary
1/1/2014 5:05:52 PM
> {quote:title=Eli M wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Shsane Holmes wrote:}{quote}
> >
> >     TDXError
> >     Remote error: Authentication manager rejected user credentials. This may due to invalid combination of DS username and password
> >

> > Has anyone else experienced this error?
>
> The PAServer itself can have a password set on it. When you first launch the PAServer it asks you to set a password or enter for no password. Maybe you set a password on the connection setting in Delphi and it's different from the PAServer on MacInCloud?

Yes, that was it - DO NOT USE PASSWORD  <smile>
0
Shsane
1/6/2014 8:15:47 PM
> {quote:title=Shsane Holmes wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Eli M wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=Shsane Holmes wrote:}{quote}
> > >
> > >     TDXError
> > >     Remote error: Authentication manager rejected user credentials. This may due to invalid combination of DS username and password
> > >

> > > Has anyone else experienced this error?
> >
> > The PAServer itself can have a password set on it. When you first launch the PAServer it asks you to set a password or enter for no password. Maybe you set a password on the connection setting in Delphi and it's different from the PAServer on MacInCloud?
>
> Yes, that was it - DO NOT USE PASSWORD  <smile>

Thanks for this.

I had to reference this agins since I didn't know the passwords were different and the PA server was optional.

Mac-In-Cloud is moving me around and I had to reconfigure the paserver connection.
0
Gary