Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help.
For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login.
I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice.

I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how.
I'm sure it's really not hard but i can't figure it out.
0
Utf

Thanks for the reply!

I still don't get the difference between them, but I'd say  an input dialog.
The InputQuery seems to be what i need since i'll be needing to get the subscription informations from the user.
0
Utf
7/20/2014 7:51:36 PM
A progress dialog like this?

http://www.fmxexpress.com/native-progress-dialogs-for-delphi-xe6-firemonkey-on-android-and-ios/

Or like an input dialog?

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/XE6/en/FMX.Dialogs
0
Eli

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

An OS X GUI Delphi app without FireMonkey
Yes, I did it! I already thought it should be possible, but expected I'd have to do a lot of translating of headers, etc. Not so. The Macapi.* units for OS X provided almost everything that was needed to write an AppKit (Open Source equivalent of Cocoa) app, using "native" components. This is a naked (console!) app without a .nib or .xib file. It creates a window with a few OS-X-native buttons, labels, edit boxes and combo boxes on it, and reacts to certain events, like a button click, a combobox selecton change, a timer firing, etc. No FireMonkey required. It is ...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Delphi XE4 incredibly slow to render form when debugging a FireMonkey app
I have just started using Delphi XE4 having previously been using XE3. I am having a problem when running any FireMonkey application, even something as simple as a form with a label. Once the compiler has finished it takes around 20 seconds before the form is displayed. If I run the application from the EXE the delay is gone. I've tried compiling without debugging info and the problem persists. Can anyone recommend a course of action to find a solution to this? Kind regards Tristan ...

Delphi XE5 Update 2
I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates How can I get the others to appear? Kyle Miller wrote: > I should have 8 options. I see just the first 2: Blank Application and 3d Application. > http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/FireMonkey_Mobile_Application_Templates > > How can I get the others to appear? > I've seen this happen for C++, but not for Delphi. If you launch with the -r option I expect they'll be there. -...

New video of camera surveillance app made with Delphi XE5 and FireMonkey [Edit]
Hello guys I know that most of you have already seen the video from our mobile camera surveillance system, but today I uploaded a new video showing the final version, which has a much better interface than the previous version, along with some nice features that you all will like to see. I would recommend the PTZ and Virtual Matrix sections which shows some nice GUI controls made with Firemonkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lQGA8-sO9w The app is also available for download for Android, instructions are available on the video description > {quote:title=Eric Fleming Bonilha w...

Delphi support for mobile apps
Hi, As someone who uses Delphi for Windows desktop programs only, I would like to catch up on the current state of Delphi tools for mobile development. When Firemonkey was first launched I read long debates in Non-Technical forum about the fact that Firemonkey uses platform-independent GUI controls rather than native controls. But I have recently read in various websites that apparently Delphi/Firemonkey now also supports native controls for Android and iOS. Does this mean that one can now use either the platform-independent and/or platform-specific components? How are the native con...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Making Firemonkey more compatible with Delphi
I have programmed in Delphi since 1995 Delphi1 I am now evaluating Delphi XE4. It boggles my mind, why embarcadero has lost the most important aspects of Delphi. Simplicity and Fast User Interface creation. I can easily see how Firemonkey can be improved to bring it in line with traditional Delphi Techniques by doing the following. 1. All Firemonkey controls need a data aware counterpart. 2. Firemonkey Styles need to be converted to TControl descendants. 3. ie. TLayout goes to TPanel ( TFMXPanel ) 4. ie. TRectangle does to TFrame TFMXFrame ) 5. LiveBindings gets placed un...

Delphi XE2, OSX and FireMonkey?
1. Does anyone know if developing with FireMonkey will be the only way to develop for OSX with XE2? 2. Does anyone know if you will need to compile on a Mac for OSX, or will XE2 cross compile? I know this will all come out during the world tour, but I'm just trying to get some idea so I can start planning. 1. Yes, I think for now it will be the only way. But you can probably build a native UI for OSX by directly using the API, like you can also develop Win32 applications without using the VCL. 2. XE2 will only be available for Windows, but it will compile for other platforms. &l...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Problems with CheckBox in FireMonkey mobile app
I tried to use a CheckBox in a Firemonkey Mobile App. But when running the App I can't click on the CheckBox, e.g. it doesn't change it's IsSelected value. Also if I try to handle the OnClick event I never receive this event. On the same form I also use a TTMSFMXRating component. Most of the time it doesn't react when clicking on it. On an other form that TTMSFMXRating works without problems. What do I do wrong ? I can't see any difference between these two forms (on both of them I also have some FireDAC DB access). I also tried to generate a new FireMonkey Mobile App wit...

Web resources about - Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi ) - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

firemonkeys - iMore