LookupCombobox component under Firemonkey [Edit]

Hello,

How can I manage this ? :

I have a dataset with ID and Description fields.
I need the records to be displayed in a comboBox. Description need to be displayed (in the listbox and with the selected element).
ID should be associated with the available items.

I'm able to display these records on a comboBox (using livebindings) but I can't find a way to get the ID value.

Here is how I've set my visual binding :
[BINDSOURCEDB].ID ----> [COMBOBOX].Item.LookupData
[BINDSOURCEDB].Description ----> [COMBOBOX].Item.Text

Here is my code (OnButonClick)

  if Assigned(ComboBox1.Selected) then
  Begin
    if MyDataset.Locate('Description',ComboBox1.Selected.Text,[]) then
     label1.Text = MyDataset.FieldByName('ID').AsString;
  End;

How can I get .Item.LookupData ?
I'm right now doing a locate on my dataset ! This is cumbersome, isn't there another way to get my ID ?
0
Stephane

Delphi / FireMonkey release components created at runtime [Edit]
Hello, XE6, Win7 Am I right I thinking that if I create a component, such as TImage, at runtime, Delphi automatically releases the memory when the program closes. I declared this: im: TImage; as a TForm variable. Put this in .FormCreate: ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := DebugHook <> 0; This picks up things like TStrokeBrush when I don't run .Free; I then put this in: procedure TFrmScales.Button4Click(Sender: TObject); begin im := TImage.Create(self); im.Bitmap.Assign(I_note.Bitmap); // I_note is a TImage that I put there at design-time im.Pa...

Firemonkey components [Edit]
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS
Hi, How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS? I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl' which both point to the same file with the same registration 'TFireMonkeyControl'. If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly, then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS (FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file: {$I FMCOMPILE.INC} uses {$IFDEF COMPILEIOS} FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effe...

Firemonkey component funnies [Edit]
Hi All, I've been using Delphi from V3 to V8, and now see it will produce iPad apps. I've downloaded a trial of EX2 and have an odd issue: I'm a bit rusty, so may bear with me! Platform set to win32 (to debug), TIdHTTP dropped on the form. Code completion offers .get for IdHTTP1, but I get 'IdHTTP1 does not contain a member get' IdHTTP1.Get('http://www.bbc.co.uk'); What am I missing? Ta. Edited by: martin moore on Sep 29, 2011 8:33 AM > {quote:title=martin moore wrote:}{quote} > Hi All, I've been using Delphi from V3 to V8, and no...

Firemonkey custom component [Edit]
I'm using Delphi XE8 and trying to create a cross-platform component for FireMonkey. But I'm facing some problems. Although up the properties "Width" and "Height" in the Object Inspector to compile apparently the size settings are ignored. And when I reopen the project my component is also small. (I noticed that the width and height settings are not saved to the DFM file). Note: All other native components of FireMonkey work properly, just my custom not. Whats the problem? {code} TCard = class(TControl) private { Private declarations } FC...

Build Component in Firemonkey [Edit]
Hi, How to build a component in firemonkey to display some numbers that is retrieved from a database table field. Can I get some idea or any examples available? Edited by: Rolance Kripakaran on May 14, 2012 2:52 AM > {quote:title=Rolance Kripakaran wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > How to build a component in firemonkey to display some numbers that is retrieved from a database table field. > > Can I get some idea or any examples available? > There's three tasks you'll need to master to get that done. Firstly you'll need to know about LiveBindings...

Firemonkey-Mobile: GridView component? [Edit]
Hello everybody, i'm trying to develop some sample mobile apps with FireMonkey framework. I see that in Tool Palette there is a TListView component, but not a TGridView component. I'm very surprised of this lack, due GridView should share the same logic of ListView, only the layout should be different ( Android work in that way - http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/declaring-layout.html#AdapterViews ). There are other grid components (TGridLayout, TGridPanelLayout) but them haven't the same behavior and features of ListView. So, No way to implement a GridView? Thank yo...

ANN: New Firemonkey Components [Edit]
Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 release of Apesuite... http://arcana.sivv.com/blog/2012/5/3/apesuite-beta-6-preview-and-sivv-support-site.html -- Arcana components for Delphi, Intraweb and Firemonkey http://arcana.sivv.com Edited by: Jason Southwell on May 3, 2012 3:55 PM From your website: "Your purchase includes source code and updates for a period of one year." The one year period start with the release of version 1 or it include the beta testing time? > {quote:title=Jason Southwell wrote:}{quote} > Check out what is cooking for the Beta 6 rel...

Error in help- creating a firemonkey component- [Edit]
1- function TDialogButtonPanel.GetStyleObject: TControl; is function TDialogButtonPanel.GetStyleObject:*TFmxObject*; 2- and in the same function Style = 'MyPanelButtonsStyle'; is Style = *'DialogButtonPanelStyle'*; The StyleName of the root (TRectangle) component in the .style file is coincidentally the same as the RCDATA name Please, review then for the future Edited by: Germán Balbi on Jul 14, 2013 12:31 PM > {quote:title=Germán Balbi wrote:}{quote} > Please, review then for the future If there's an issue with the help you&#...

VCL Firemonkey Component name conflict [Edit]
I am writing VCL and Firemonkey versions of a component and want to use the same component name on both frameworks. XE6 Update 1 I install one framework package but when I install the second package I get an error that TMyComponent is already registered with the first package however when I restart the IDE both the VCL and Fm packages are checked as installed in the list of packages. I create either a new VCL Forms application or a new Fm Desktop application and the correct version of TMyComponent can be added to it from the Tool Pallette. I then "Close all" and create a new ...

how to refresh/repaint/invalidate a component in firemonkey? [Edit]
Hi, I try to update a component text property periodically ... example: put a TBbutton on a form, add the following code to the OnClick event: {code} procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var i : integer; begin for i := 1 to 1000000 do begin if i mod 1000 = 0 then begin button1.Text := inttostr(i); button1.Repaint; // have tried "Realign" too... end; end; end; {code} From my point of view, this routine should update the component every thousand steps... I have tried .realign too... withou...

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

Web resources about - LookupCombobox component under Firemonkey [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey