Java Libraries in Android Apps

I created a small android app for testing one of our java library. I have followed the link [http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Using_a_Custom_Set_of_Java_Libraries_In_Your_RAD_Studio_Android_Apps] , and successfully created the native bridge file. Also added the jar file in the project library and deployment list.  When initializing an object from the bridge file I am getting access violation error. Anything else want to setup in the project please? Here I am attaching the file. I tested it
in the version XE7 and XE8

 [https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bnETRejmO4a1dXZkJfN2dROTQ/view?usp=sharing]
0
Pramod
8/5/2015 9:34:45 AM
embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey 4901 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Get the fat out from XE5 Android apps
In the modern mobile OSes (like iOS and Android) the applications are run into a sandbox for more control, security and performance reasons and there are no (easy) ways to separate/use a "runtime" library (in Delphi's case RTL + FireMonkey) to be shared by multiple apps. This problem is common to all mobile x-plat runtimes/wrappers like Adobe AIR (http://www.adobe.com/products/air.html) or Mono (http://www.mono-project.com). In Delphi's case the problem with the increasingly fat apps (statically linking RTL + FireMonkey to the application binary) comes from the non-optimi...

XG Mobile App (Delphi XE2/Firemonkey ) now in the app store
My app is finally in the App Store. My thanks go to forum members for the help provided in all the post here. Xavier Dufaure de Citres ----- _*XG Mobile for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch now in the App Store*_ XG Mobile is the portable version of the acclaimed program "eXtreme Gammon" for PC. You can now have the power and accuracy of eXtreme Gammon in the palm of your hands. In its few years of existence (since 2009) eXtreme gammon has been recognized as the best backgammon program available. This has been confirmed by top players in the world and by independen...

Java, Android, Firemonkey
Hallo, ich hatte schon mal angefangen, möchte aber meine Frage präzisieren. In der Zwischenzeit habe ich ein Beispiel zu Firemonkey gefunden. Mit dieser Bibliothek will ich meine Android-Software erstellen. Die Firemonkey-Units sind in C:\Programme (x86)\embarcadero\RAd Studio\9.0\Source\fmx. Dort fine ich aber nur Beispile, die Windows-Applicationen erstellen - und als auswählbare Zielpattformen gibts Win32, win64 und OS X - nix mit Android.Weiß jemand wie es weitergeht?????????? ...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

Library problem in Android-App
Hi, I try to develope an android app (mobile FireMonkey) with Delphi XE6 and I have to use a library. I can compile everything, but while linking I get a realy bad mistake. [DCC Fehler] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r10\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lnodave C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r10\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: C:\Users\Jannik\Documents\Embarcadero\...

Java convertion for Android to Delphi
Need to convert following java code to delphi: // Configure BeaconManager. beaconManager = new BeaconManager(this); beaconManager.setRangingListener(new BeaconManager.RangingListener() { @Override public void onBeaconsDiscovered(Region region, final List<Beacon> beacons) { // Note that results are not delivered on UI thread. runOnUiThread(new Runnable() { @Override public void run() { // Note that beacons reported here are already sorted by estimated // distance between device and beacon. ...

Delphi X5 Android App Deployment
Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i have to do anything else ? > {quote:title=Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:}{quote} > Sérgio Francisco wrote: > > Ive started an new app as firemonkey mobile add a button to it selected the device on the android device list, ran the program and it deploys app to android but is a white blank screen with no button. Something isnt right ? Error or i ...

Suitable Android phone for Delphi App
I work with small farmers in Africa and Asia, designing data-systems used by the companies which buy their products (coffee, vanilla, nuts etc.) Farm-inspection is a key role. Inspectors visit with lots of paper-forms and questionnaires which are filled in. Some of my users have already migrated to Windows tablets for data collection. But Windows tablets are rare and costly. I have written a couple of Android Apps. Not too big, but they will do useful "small jobs" for the inspectors. However few inspectors yet own smart phones. My client-businesses will have to buy them. ...

Java app calling a Delphi DLL
Hello I have a Java application that must call functions inside a large D7 dll. For that, I used JNI calls. That part is OK and the delphi dll is receiving the function parameters smoothly. The Delphi dll has a couple Forms in it. And these Forms are unresponsive. Timers don't work. Buttons will not invoke OnClick handlers. Most important, the assync sockets in the forms, which the dll uses to deliver its work, are not functioning either. It seems that the dll is not receiving Windows messages. I tried to simulate the application loop, but failed. The same DLL works fine i...

Calling Java 8 app from Delphi
Hi All: I have been using the procedure below to call a Java program for years. For some reason it no longer works after the machine is upgraded Java 8u25. If fails when it tries to create the process. Any idea of why it would not work with Java 8? Note if I paste the same command line I use in the Delapi XE6 application into a CMD prompt or downgrade to Java 7 it works just fine. Is there a modification to the WinExecAndWait procedure I need to make? Thanks Bob function WinExecAndWait32(CommandLine: string; ShowWindow: Word): DWORD; procedure WaitFor(Pr...

Java convertion for Android to Delphi XE6
Re Posted this post again as no reply received. Need to convert following java code to delphi: // Configure BeaconManager. beaconManager = new BeaconManager(this); beaconManager.setRangingListener(new BeaconManager.RangingListener() { @Override public void onBeaconsDiscovered(Region region, final List<Beacon> beacons) { // Note that results are not delivered on UI thread. runOnUiThread(new Runnable() { @Override public void run() { // Note that beacons reported here are already sorted by estimated // distance between device and beacon. getActionBar().setSubtitle("Foun...

Pop-up on Mobile apps (FireMonkey / Delphi )
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a FireMonkey mobile app with Delphi (XE6) and since i'm really new to this i'm in need of a little bit of help. For my App i'd like to build in a subscription screen that would work like a pop-up, showing modal on the same form than the login. I've been looking around a bit on the internet but couldn't find any usefull advice. I found a video ("FireMonkey: Showing Modal form with animation and Shadow effect" from Yaroslav Brovin) thad proved me that it was possible, but was unable to find how. I'm sure it'...

Android App Support in Delphi ETA?
Hi -- I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to create Android apps? I would like to leverage my knowledge of Pascal as opposed to learning PHP to create Android apps. Thanks Rich Richard Morey wrote: > I have read that the latest release of Delphi supports building iOS > applications and that support for Linux and Android were "coming > soon" and I wondered if anyone had an ETA of the ability to crea...

Accessing an Android Java class from Delphi XE5
Hi! How to translate this C++ code to Delphi XE5 for Android: {code} int bufsize=AudioTrack.getMinBufferSize(44100, AudioFormat.CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO, AudioFormat.ENCODING_PCM_16BIT) {code} I found that there is an 'JAudioTrack' type in 'Androidapi.JNI.Media' but I have no clue how to call this 'getMinBufferSize' function which is for 'JAudioTrackClass'. The problem is I don't know how to instanteniate these Android Java classes for Delphi. Please help! Thank you! > How to translate this C++ code Java rather than C++ surely...? ...