Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS

Hi,

How do I install components for both FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS?
I have one package 'FMXMyFireMonkeyControl' and 'FMIFireMonkeyControl'
which both point to the same file with the same registration
'TFireMonkeyControl'.

If I compile one package (FMXMyFireMonkeyControl) it installs correctly,
then change the include file (FMCompile.INC) to compile for IOS
(FMIFireMonkeyControl) which is included in the
FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file:

{$I FMCOMPILE.INC}

uses

{$IFDEF COMPILEIOS}
   FMX_Types, FMX_Objects, FMX_Forms, FMX_Dialogs, FMX_Effects
{$ELSE}
   FMX.Types, FMX.Objects, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.Effects
{$ENDIF}

the IDE gives me a message that the package needs to be recompiled.
I thought it might be due to the same DCU files,
(FMX.FireMonkeyControl.dcu), yet installing them from separate folders
gives the same error.

- Must I copy the FMX.FireMonkeyControl.pas file and rename it to
FMX_FireMonkeyControl for iOS? even if the source file compiles for both
FMX and FMI? Or is it the component name TFireMonkeyControl that needs
to be different for FMX and FMI. If you compare it with TButton, the
component name remains the same for both FMX and FMI and is  installed
for both platforms.
0
Pieter

Nevermind,

Issue is solved:
We have to create 2 packages with different file names.
A good approach is renaming fmx.FireMonkeyControl.pas to
fmx_FireMonkeyControl.pas.

"Pieter Scheldeman"  wrote in message news:423664@forums.embarcadero.com...

[...]

11/29/2011 3:58:36 PM
Also, installing binary versions (DCU only) for FMX to work with Win32,
Win64 and OSX32 need seperate folders with
Dcu files generated for each platform. If the Pas files are delivered then
separate folders are not necessary.

For FMI, DCU's can be generated in the main folder, as building applications
with Xcode does not work if the Pas file is not delivered.

Regards,
Pieter

"Pieter Scheldeman"  wrote in message news:425057@forums.embarcadero.com...

[...]

Firemonkey
I am so dammed frustrated with firemonkey and livebindings. The VCL + DB Controls were fast, consistent, and stable. This fmx framework is crap. It's slow on my i5 Macbook. I'd be embarrassed to put out an app like this. The help is lousy and apparently very few people are using it based on my failed Google searches. I can see why. Livebindings is cute when you have a few fields, but it a rats nest when you have a moderately complex form and have to wire up dozens of controls. There is no official support for nullable fields in livebindings which blows my mind....

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Ann: TsiLang Components Suite v7.1! (Multilanguage solution for Delphi and C++Builder with full FireMonkey support including Android and iOS)
Hello, We're glad to announce the release of TsiLang Components Suite 7.1! Simple and powerful localization solution for software developers. It's virtually impossible to find popular software that would not be translated (localized) into multiple languages. In fact, even niche and second-tier developers localize their products to increase international sales. Unfortunately, the process of software localizations is both time consuming and very expensive. Luckily, developers who use Delphi, or C++Builder platform can use TsiLang Components Suite to localize their software...

Firemonkey - XE 5 - Mac OS X Firemonkey HD App
My Firemonkey applications have no icon when they run in the dock. What is odd is that when I navigate in the finder to the app bundle to /Users/my_user_id/RADPAServer/scratch-dir I see the icon there, and if I open the app bundle, it contains the .icns file, which seems valid. But the Finder itself, in my iMac running OS X 10.8.5 seems to refuse to show the icon in the dock. Running the app bundle normally (not via RADPASERVER) also results in a broken icon. Note that if I make an icon myself, using the OS X app Icon Composer, and put it in there, it seems valid, but (a) the defau...

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

How to make XE4 Firemonkey ios Component from native iOS UI controls ? [Edit]
Hi, I write this simple code for control volume in iOS {code} Var MPV : MPVolumeView; Procedure TForm1.SbPlayClick( Sender: TObject ); Begin MPV := TMPVolumeView.Wrap( TMPVolumeView.Alloc.InitWithFrame( CGRectMake( 20, 50, 200, 100 ) ) ); MPV.SetShowsRouteButton( True ); MPV.SetShowsVolumeSlider( True ); MPV.SetNeedsDisplay; WindowHandleToPlatform( Self.Handle ).View.AddSubview( MPV ); End; {code} MPVolumeView is a iOS UIView. with this line we can add iOS UIView elements into form, now how can add this elements into firemonkey controls ? {code} WindowHandle...

How to make XE4 Firemonkey ios Component from native iOS UI controls ? [Edit]
Hi, I write this simple code for control volume in iOS {code} Var MPV : MPVolumeView; Procedure TForm1.SbPlayClick( Sender: TObject ); Begin MPV := TMPVolumeView.Wrap( TMPVolumeView.Alloc.InitWithFrame( CGRectMake( 20, 50, 200, 100 ) ) ); MPV.SetShowsRouteButton( True ); MPV.SetShowsVolumeSlider( True ); MPV.SetNeedsDisplay; WindowHandleToPlatform( Self.Handle ).View.AddSubview( MPV ); End; {code} MPVolumeView is a iOS UIView. with this line we can add iOS UIView elements into form, now how can add this elements into firemonkey controls ? {code} WindowHandle...

Installation error in FireMonkey-ios.pkg on XCode 4.2 ios 5.0 [Update 3]
Hello I waited for Delphi Xe2 Update 3, hoping that ios5.0 installation problem will be solved. But I couldnt managed again to install the firemonkey on MacOs side. The release notes for Update3 declare that: *Note: This installer is now compatible with Xcode 4.2. Note that while Xcode 4.2 includes the iOS 5.0 SDK, the new features of iOS 5 are not supported. FireMonkey applications can be deployed to devices running iOS 5.* I have Xcode 4.2 in Lion machine. XCode has got only ios 5.0 SDK. So How should I consider above note? Does it mean I can use Firemonkey with XCode4.2 and ios5...

Firemonkey-IOS-XE2 fails to install
I have Xcode 4.2 build 4C199 on my mac. The pascal FCP installed ok I then tried to install Firemonkey but it fails. Any ideas here? Cheers SteveW I have installed update 2. I have updated the Free pascal & the firemonkey installed okay. When I load my test app (simple hello world) I get the following: Free Pascal Compiler version 2.5.1 [2011/11/02] for i386 Copyright (c) 1993-2011 by Florian Klaempfl and others Target OS: Darwin/iPhoneSim for i386 Compiling /Users/parkforce/Documents/XE2/../Project10.pas Fatal: Can't open file "Proje...

3rd-party components for FireMonkey iOS
Is there a hidden parameter or a compiler directive which Delphi packages with components for the iOS platform need to use, so that non-visual components installed with that package aren’t greyed-out in the IDE when someone opens a FireMonkey iOS HD Project? I have non-visual components compatible with Win32, Win64, MacOSX and iOS, all based on the TComponent class and only require the “rtl” package. After installing my Package, I can use the components in VCL for Win32 and Win64, as well as FireMonkey Applications for Win32, Win64 and OSX. But if I start a new FireMonkey iOS...

Delphi, Firemonkey, IOS, and TCP howto?
I was really excited about the new ability to compile IOS apps written in Delphi, but I'm starting to find some major limitations, unless I'm really overlooking something. I want to write an iphone/pad app that needs to retrieve data from a socket connection, or from a webpage (http, webservice, anything). It seems that all of the Firemonkey internet and indy components are not supported within xcode. Am I overlooking something here, or is this a feature that will not be implemented, or is it planned to be implemented? If this kind of communication is not supported, this is a hu...

Firemonkey components
I am rather new to firemonkey and was wondering where to find information on the purposes of certain controls. I am using XE8 update 1, mostly with Android 4.x. Some of the controls look much like other controls so I don't know when to use a particular control v/s when to use another. Is there an article describing the controls and the nuances or advantages of one control of another similar control. I need to know the purpose of a tlayout control, what does it give you when below the form compared to a tpanel. What is the purpose of a toolbar. How does a tstatus work. It seems to...

Web resources about - Installing components for FireMonkey HD and FireMonkey iOS - embarcadero.delphi.firemonkey

Solar panels are lifted into place.

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper